[F16-PP] Out of Depth <<Snake Out Of Water>>

Her blade really was too light. NIGHT clicked her tongue as the black blade cut through air too quickly, channeling not enough power into her sword's swing. Lowering the executioner for a moment, she checked on the fight's progress ahead of her.

And that was when the paladin's lance dug into the dirt.

Here NIGHT thought the fight was going just fine. For some reason or another Yuki was keeping the boss busy, and that was enough for the fighter up front. To see her paladin be devoured with the raise of the boss's head, gulping the pink player down --

-- was absolutely sickening.

There was a force, by Hebishinu's base, that caused it to shriek and choke on its meal. When the knight shot forth, feet kicking up the mud from beneath her feet, one near-final blow was unleashed to deliver the serpent from its hold on the world. In a smudge of white, blue and black did NIGHT unleash yet another art Galaxy Destroyer, the cut crippling the boss' health further, further, further--!!

I have to go further!!!

It drained from the orange, before flashing red. Red.

Red that didn't at all compare to the avenger's fury.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 148511 | BD: 7 (3, +2 +2) | LD: 20 (11, +9)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Hebishinu.
22 * 13 = 286 DMG | 286 - 100 = 186 DMG

Hebishinu | HP: 42/600 (-186) | DMG: 140 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 100

[5] NIGHT | HP: 796/930 | EN: 64/90 (+1, -10) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 22 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 9 | ANTIDOTE: 2
[9] Zajcica | HP: 628/720 | EN: 63/66 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 81 | THORNS: 18 | BLEED: 24 | RECOVERY: 2

Inside the belly of the beast, the only thing the paladin could see was pink. Slimy pink flesh and muscle, now covering her unmoving paralyzed body. She couldn't help but cry a little, wondering if Night would stay or flee now that her tank was out of commission. Would this be where she died? N-No... Night wouldn't leave her behind and save herself.... Would she?

On the outside, the snake looked over it's entire body, but couldn't see anything but a blur beyond Yuki's weapon. A golden, white lance that was like it's beacon in the soil. It let out a roar as it continued to think something was killing it and slammed it's head into the ground near Yuki's weapon. The beast only yelled in it's mistake. Pain overwhelming it's noggin for being so stupid as to just collide with the ground. When it was through with it's fit, it took another look around for the paladin, thinking there was another of her, or something.

image.thumb.png.f3576a488036cfe8a5c6719881af22f9.png

Hebishinu | HP: 42/600 (-186) | DMG: 140 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 100 | BLEEDING (24) [1/2]

[5] NIGHT | HP: 796/930 | EN: 64/90 (+1, -10) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 22 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 9 | ANTIDOTE: 2
[9] Zajcica | HP: 628/720 | EN: 64/66 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 81 | THORNS: 18 | BLEED: 24 | RECOVERY: 2

Edited by Zajcica

Looking around? Hebishinu was wasting its time.

Because, in a matter of seconds, from the moment her blade's stroke passed through its scales, the beast was long overdue for death. One howl, the snake nearly dropping its head to the ground, and its scales fell apart into shards of crystals that scattered to the treetops above.

NIGHT only tossed her weapon to the ground in frustration, before scanning the air above her for her tank. There -- her unmistakable pink -- and the knight ran over to catch her falling friend, diving to catch the woman's falling form.

Their slide upon the forest floor only dredged up mud and dirt and the awful stench of rotting leaves. Her jacket was clearly caked with soil, and despite how much of an outburst NIGHT had wanted to throw about the fight itself, she stayed silent, lips sealed. Filth was in the way of her speaking, the brown stuck to her lips, and the knight fumed as she rose, looking away as she offered a hand to her friend to rise.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 148513 | BD: 7 (3, +2 +2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Hebishinu.
22 * 13 = 286 DMG | 286 - 100 = 186 DMG

Hebishinu | HP: -144/600 (-186) | DMG: 140 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 100

[6] NIGHT | HP: 796/930 | EN: 55/90 (+1, -10) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 22 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 9 | ANTIDOTE: 2
[9] Zajcica | HP: 628/720 | EN: 66/66 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 81 | THORNS: 18 | BLEED: 24 | RECOVERY: 2

Yuki smiled as she regained movement in her body. The paladin was covered head to toe in the beast's saliva and stomach- uh, juices? The paralysis subsided and Yuki saw her friend again. Stilling lagging from the shock of being locked into place, she was barely able to get her words out.

"Y-You...you didnt... leave me... I..." Her smile faded away as the shock of what could have happened slip through her mind. The paladin began to bawl, obviously somewhat broken by this experience. "Nai, nai! She whined like a child, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I won't do snakes anymore! Never! Anyone who wants to do these quests with me again can ask another tank to get [censored] swallowed!

After a moment, the paladin stood to her feet, a little wobbly, and went to go give Night a hug, before remembering that she was covered in three or four different types of slimy substances. "Nee... Ren... Can we go one of our houses and... just relax? I think... that's enough questing for me this week... but I don't want to be alone..."

One summon of a handkerchief and NIGHT wiped away the dirt on her face. "Of course I didn't," she replied, with a tell-tale scowl. The woman checked over her own form, thinking it be useless to continue slathering off the mud on her jacket for the moment. And her pants? -- Ugh. So much for keeping clean no matter how hard she'd tried. With a wave, she brought down her menu, whisking her tracksuit and gloves back into the digital void.

And then she looked over to Yuki, a worn look on both the players' faces. "I won't drag you to another snake fight again, promise. Sorry it-- turned out this way." A huff and a sigh, the woman reaching for her executioner to reform in her hands, and though she hated it for its curse, the blade still came to her naturally. "This damned weapon doesn't seem to do me good, unfortunately. If I'd been faster or stronger..."

NIGHT shook her head, lowering the sword to her side. "I say we clean up at my place. C'mon. No snakes there on the first floor. We'll see what we can do for you."

Thread Summary

[Total]
+ 5SP/participant
+ 470col/participant

NIGHT
+ Serpent's Tongue (2)

Spoiler

[Quest Rewards]
+ 3SP/participant
+ 270col/participant | ID: 148515 | LD: 18

NIGHT
+ Serpent's Tongue (2)