[F03 - PP] Epic Cycle vol.3: Cultist Scripts <<DHA: 3>>

Leagues of time seem to pass by without incident, Raidou was still hard at work and with newfound confidence a return to a prior man. What had not changed however was his words, his actions reflecting the phrase he had spoken some time ago. Along the redwood table, a network of papers strewn out with varied gibberish scrawled upon them, shifted around in dim candle light as he works against the cipher. Transferring to a clean slate while looking at one with some of the words placed upon it in theory, he was surrounded by a sea of them. It was difficult and he hesitated to assume it impossible.

"Wait..." Raidou whispers and pulls up two in each hand, his lenses reciprocating the yellow light around him. He had something, after all this time.

Quickly scratching the insight to the loose leaf, he claims it from the table and folds it and pockets it. The warp gate from floor 22 to 1 is taken, at the center of town a new man wearing the same skin draws a message upon the board in code:

A dragon slain and a ledger left, scripture lost and words found. Where the snow is unceasing, painted on solid white will be a banner in crimson. Where the harrowed finds a fire and the sun finds no place to rest.

If they were paying attention, he knew that to most this would seem like jibberish but he had faith that Dracul would be able to decode it. As was customary of info brokers as to not give away any information.

Edited by Raidou
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The fourth floor? odd place to meet." were the thoughts of a certain bespectacled beauty as she read the coded message again and pointed on a large HUD map. "It took some digging but there's a tavern named 'Hearth and Harrow' I strongly believe that's where he wants to meet." I look at the map, then at the piece of paper on hand, after days' worth of mental fatigue Claudia cracked the code and managed to fully translate the piece of paper we given a while back. Now, we we're explaining our findings to the blonde frontliners that had been busy on another front, unrelated to the dragon quest but which indirectly involved every player in Aincrad. I couldn't help but notice a slight change in her... her usual haughty attitude seemed diluted.

"We should be going them." I state as a matter of factly , earning a nod from the group. "I'll be leaving the shop again in your hands Darius." I say with a wave while walking out the door. The journey was uneventful, the three making only small talk and mostly catching up with one another; after not meeting for a relatively long period of time. I notice that the blonde wanted to go inside the tavern but I stop her in her tracks and wave my raised index finger, dismissing her intended action. "Did he look like the kind of person to want to meet inside? we should look around.

Waiting patiently with a perusal of his inventory checking what he had on hand, a shift of the window to the left and opening the guild registry as a readout of the items contained within it as well. He was killing time with a clean and stock audit, making use of it instead of letting it pass by without incident. Adjusting the glasses on his nose, he hears the chatter from Dracul's voice from the front of the building. A wave of his appendage shuts the menu, reaching into his pocket he removes a slip of paper and exits the shade. The three he had left on floor 3 quite some time ago now stood before him, adjusting the lenses on the bridge of his nose he moves for Claudia first and foremost.

"I believe you'll find this interesting..." Raidou spoke with heavy fatigue under the frames, concealed by them.

He never knew who could be listening and would attempt to make no comment on what it was or what it was for within the walls of a city. He gave the girl time to read it and pass it around, for it was a section of the received cipher cracked wide open.

Ariel nodded at Dracul's suggestion and let go of the entrance door handle. She took in the scenery for a moment, this floor brought back memories and luckily more happy ones than not. She wondered if the log cabin where she first set up her tailor shop was still there but knew they didn't have time for sightseeing. Moments later, Raidou chimed in skipping the part in which he would greet them and passing a piece of paper to Claudia. "Long time no see!" she said as she got closer to them, trying to see what was written on it. The maid first read through it and then passed it to her master which in turn took his time to thoroughly take in the content. He pulled out a paper of his own and started making comparisons. "They're signed by the same person. "Dr. Belch!" he finally spoke and went next to Raidou. "I see you cracked the elven code as well." he added with a nod.

Of course he would and probably around the same time as us. There was never the question of 'if' they deciphered it but merely a friendly rivalry of 'when' and who would be the first. Our interpretation still lacked in some areas but we had a name, a date and some details about a creature's daily habits. Which I was 80% certain it was our 'Opal' dragon, the other option is that this Doctor Belch was keeping a journal about his favorite dog or whatever pet elves have; by the way he was referring to it. Never calling it by name or race but by using ever-changing pet names and such. "Oh I see you have our next destination?" I ask with raised eyebrows, tapping at a small passage that describes a location in Raidou's paper. Claudia opened her HUD map, expanded it once again and tried to circle the location with her index. She was unsure of her accuracy however: "Around here?" she asked, turning her head over her shoulder towards Raidou with a pleading look behind her glasses. Hoping he would step in and pinpoint the location.

Ripping his menu open with a conjoined map painted upon it with the clarification now shown, Raidou began to orchestrate on the surface like a conductor leading a band. The map elevates and becomes third dimensional and using the scope that Claudia had provided, he twists it in his grasp and checking his coordinate before placing a marker upon it where the girl had. "Precisely. I chose this floor for its...for lack of a better word, seclusion." Raidou evaluated to them before another word "But I would still keep it under the rug until we are free from settlement walls, no telling who could be listening in." Adjusting his own glasses to his face, with an obscured word "Lets head to our destination, but keep our wits about us." he looked to Ariel who he had taken note of her perception in the prior journey, hoping she would pick up on the subtly to keep an eye peeled to see if they were being followed. When something is written in a cipher there is something to hide, and there would be those that wished to keep it that way.

'Has it been that long?' I ask myself as I watch Claudia and Raidou set the map up. He seemed changed, visibly he wore the same attire so nothing new in that department but somehow, he showed more confidence. Before I could dig more into it I'm distracted by the blonde's interjection, her interest finally piqued as she drew closer to the map after reading our notes. She doesn't say anything but everyone would see, after Raidou finished talking, that her eyes' whites went black and a golden circle appeared around her iris. I look down, reminded that Kimba had similar sight and could only assume that she was using one of the searching skills or mods I have only read about. "I'll keep an eye out." she finally stated with a wink at Raidou, her eyes returning to normal... as much as normal would one be with natural silver eye color.

On the other side, Claudia seemed fascinated by the phenomenon and kept alternating between looking at the blonde and Kimba; probably hoping to see that it happen again and take notes on it.

Edited by Dracul

The group starts advancing, leaving the safe haven of the settlements and following the map towards their new destination. To the maid's satisfaction, Ariel keeps making regular stealth checks, prompting the unusual change in her eyes. At one point, noticing Claudia's intense gaze practically burning a hole in her back, she performed the check while staring in the crimson haired direction. Letting her take note and answering whatever she could from her barrage of questions. "Can you permanently do that?" "No it got a short active period and it has a cooldown." "Are seeing what Kimba sees?" "...No... It's probably just a coincidence." "Can Kimba get human, silver eyes?" "??????" At one point she slightly turned her head towards Dracul, pleading him to stop his assistant. His reply came in form of a small grin followed by a shrug. Checking their maps, they were steadily getting close to their destination but also darkness was starting to settle in as evening took over.

His searching was not quite as pronounced as the one on Ariel's silver iris, given his amber eye color and the fact it was concealed by his glasses but he joined her in silence in a reciprocated flash as hers would fade keeping a recurring web that all but the most skilled stealthed enemies would be caught in. There seems to be no ping, nothing that would give away that the group was being tailed but caution was not something to toy with. Raidou keeps with the group doing his best to keep with Ariel at the back of the pack, forming a barrier with the imposing female with the other two between them. This way there would be no surprise attacks from the front or the rear.

Inquisitive to be certain... Raidou thought in silence to Claudia's actions, understanding that to those who had not experienced such a skill would be perplexed by it. He was also a bit interested in the fact this companion of hers seemed to reflect her usage but it would have a lower priority.

The night brought about a bigger footprint on their travel and a greater sense of danger, for the lighting would make it harder for most to catch a predator lying in wait. But the nomad had confidence in his and Ariel's capabilities to catch those who dared to approach. It widened into a clearing, slightly scorched earth gave way to the concepts they were on the right track. They only had but meters to the designation, and it wouldn't be long before they found some turbulence.

Before her latest floor scouting, the blonde would fiddle around with her HUd, looking to retrieve something from her inventory to help her see in the dark. Now, yet again, her eyes showed her night vision mod's passive activation. Her silver iris would now glow in the darkness much like Kimba's, ensuring she had a perfect sight in any unforeseen situation. This of course only added fuel to the maid's restlessness, who began to ask her more questions related to the new occurrence. "Shhh!!!" came the apparently harsh reply from the blonde, who was looking around them, as if trying to spot something. With a couple of hand gestures, she summoned her inventory and materialized her weapon in one hand and a strange glowing fragment in the other. which she throwed in Raidou's direction after making sure she got his attention. "Use this!" she muttered in a low tone, now grabbing her weapon with both hands, as needed in order to initiate any sword art.

Giving Raidou the following item.

<<Pillar Fragment>>
A special item that serves the same function as a Glow Stone, but does not hinder the use of weapons.
A fragment of the Pillars of Light, the final safeguard against Shadow's release. Even in its destroyed state, the fragment is capable of giving off a blinding radiance.

I was taken aback by the blonde's bluntness as was my bespectacled assistant. Yes, she was arguably being annoying but the blonde usually allowed that kind of behaviour. My chain of thoughts switches towards our surrounding as I see both Ariel and raidou looking around us. They must have picked something off and that's why the blonde demanded silence. The fact that she did it so bluntly made me tense up and swallow the breath I didn't knew I was holding. "W...what is it?" came the low tone inquiry from Claudia who seemed to have passed on the initial shock and probably came to the same conclusion as me. We we're being watched.

I see Ariel pass something to Raidou and prepare to fight, so I also summon my weapon. "Kar col eshuel Fae iorwe!" came the sudden shout from our right. "Bren nha Al Iilor!" comes another shout. I recognize the melodic tone of the words but my brain doesn't get a chance to try and figure what they said. Soon we were flanked by a couple of elven folk dressed in green attire, probably made out of natural materials. I shake my head, this was not the time to pay attention to that. Suddenly, a large roar could be heard around us. I swallow as I think of the most probable source of that cry.

• Dracul: 180/180 |18/18 | 5 | 27 | 18
  • Raidou: 920/920 | 92/92 | ? | 54 |
  • Ariel: 1450/1450 | 140/140 | 19 | 79 | 4 | 1 

• Elven Dragon Cultist 1: 50/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • Elven Dragon Cultist 2: 50/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • Ghidorah: 215/215 | 70 | 40 | 1 | 1 | 14
Edited by Dracul

Ripping the black star from its sheathe, a billowing red begins to claim the nomad's frame like fumes from a pyre they escape and bleed upward into the night sky. His sword paints with silver light with the goal to protect those between him and Ariel manifest. A quick [censored] of the stone out of the air, his eyes pulse with blue as concentration activates and taking it like a whetstone he drags it down the blade causing it to illuminate in a soft glow that would allow the group to see unhindered to the recent assailants. "We are not alone, brace yourselves." as the weapon rips into a heavy overhanded swing in a quick pivot, casting debris around the blast in the form of chunks of dirt. His weapon tears through one, as an unexpected rebuttal from the cultist's armor, returns the favor draining his HP slightly.

Raidou pivots and lunges for the dragon, eager to draw its ire as his sword art distorts and his blade turns a darkened red to match the aura emanating from him. A tear against the beast's wing knocks it off-kilter and sends its spiraling into the ground in a crash. A trail of red links Raidou with the creature as his health bar fills back to full while the cloud around his body begins to attack the aggressor's senses blinding them to what was around them.

Raidou Activates Concentration and uses Rage Spike (x2)

ID# 154452 results: Battle: 8 vs. Elven Dragon Cultist 1 dealing 8-35=1 Damage! and dealing 14 damage to Raidou via Thorns.
ID# 154453 results: Battle: 1 vs. Elven Dragon Cultist 2 missing the target
ID# 154454 results: Battle: 10 vs. Ghidorah dealing 12-40=1 Damage! and Ghidorah is Paralyzed. Raidou recovers 92 HP via Vampiric Off.

• Raidou: 920/920 | 86/92 | 4 | 54 | 0 | EVA:3 | VAMP OFF:92 | PARA:1 | TAUNT | BH:46
  • Ariel: 1450/1450 | 140/140 | 19 | 88 | 2 | 1 

• (0,3,0) Elven Dragon Cultist 1: 49/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • (0,1,0) Elven Dragon Cultist 2: 50/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • (0,4,0) Ghidorah: 214/215 | 70 | 40 | 1 | 1 | 14 [Paralyzed]
Edited by Raidou

"So you sensed them too." muttered the blonde, charging right behind the red streak. She was surprised to see him jump and clip the dragon's wing, effectively paralyzing it in front of her. "On a silver plate." she added with a smile right before she heard more shouting from the elvish folk. They didn't take it kindly to the players grounding their little pet project and turned their attacks on them, ignoring completely Dracul and Claudia. Even with just one attack, Dracul could see that in the time they haven't seen each other, his alchemist counterpart increased his firepower from when the two first tackled the initial dragon.

Ariel had a similar opinion but said nothing. Instead she singled out the dragon and finished it after stabbing it repeatedly six times in a cross pattern. Its health bar was depleted before she ended her animation, having her think that her move was a bit of overkill.

ID# 154455  BD: 6 (2+5+1-1-1, Keen proc.) Imperial Southern Cross x14(19+5) = 336 -40 =296 DMG > Ghidorah Ariel takes 14 thorns dmg
ID# 154456  MD: 4-3 (Miss)
ID# 154457  MD: 10 (Crit!) 35 -54= 1 DMG > Raidou

• Raidou: 919/920 | 86/92 | 4 | 54 | 0 | EVA:3 | VAMP OFF:92 | PARA:1 | TAUNT | BH:46
  • Ariel: 1436/1450 | 140/140 | 19 | 79 | 4 | 1 

• (0,3,0) Elven Dragon Cultist 1: 49/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • (0,4,0) Ghidorah: 214/215 | 70 | 40 | 1 | 1 | 14 [Paralyzed]
Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Keeping an eye on our surroundings, I decide to keep out of the fight this time. The two seemed to have it under control and me clumsily swinging my sword next to them would disturb more than help. I know I couldn't compare with Ariel but seeing Raidou fight on almost equal term with her, made me a little jealous. I wasn't a trill seeker but it felt like I was being singled out... another maiden in distress that needed protecting and that thought gnawed at my pride. Determined to also prove myself, I try to step forward when a gentle hand rests over my armored shoulder. I turn around to see Claudia shake her head, knowing what I was about to do and possibly what I was thinking.. "Sorry, I lost my cool for a second there." I admit with a downcast gaze. Keeping the sword readied, I cast the thought of joining them unless it was absolutely necessary and became content with protecting the damsel behind me. 

No action.

Raidou recovers 46 HP from battle healing!

A sharp glance to the next in sequence with Ariel removing the beast entirely from existence. "It would be wise of you to flee, but I assume you believe you have a chance here." he spoke as the drake behind him let out its last breath. They pull up arms in their blindness, the hatred effect blurring their vision to all but the swordsman before them, taking softened steps toward them with his weapon almost dragging behind him held loose in his hands. They hesitate and rip their weapons up in an attempt at a defense, but with it, a feeling of emulated dread painted upon their faces. A sudden shift breaks the distance between them both, as one lands a blade through the red wanders stomach in a flash of blue light. Taking the hilt and ripping it to the side his battle healing kicks in and regenerates that which was lost, ripping his sword upright and parrying the other coming blow. He grips his weapon taught and with a flare of energy painted upon it, he pivots slashing through one in a shower of needles and merely glancing the other. With his off hand he procs martial arts and slams a fist into the one he had missed to stun him for the moment as the other is knocked from his feet.

Raidou activates Rage Spike (x2)

ID# 154458 results: Battle: 6, Hit vs. Elven Dragon Cultist 1 dealing 8-25=1 damage and receiving 14 thorns damage!
ID# 154459 results: Battle: 5, Missed vs. Elven Dragon Cultist 2

• Raidou: 906/920 | 83/92 | 4 | 54 | 0 | EVA:3 | VAMP OFF:92 | PARA:1 | TAUNT | BH:46
  • Ariel: 1450/1450 | 140/140 | 19 | 79 | 4 | 1 

• (0,3,0) Elven Dragon Cultist 1: 48/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • (0,4,0) Ghidorah: 214/215 | 70 | 40 | 1 | 1 | 14 [Paralyzed]
Edited by Raidou

Hearing Raidou offer a peaceful solution made the blonde involuntarily snort: "Should try saying it in their native tongue..." she watched how again they went and attacked him, completely ignoring her. "You'd think they'd me mad at me for killing it... but you're still their target." she added with a chuckle, being aware of the aggro mechanics at work behind their irrational behaviour. She watched them clash against Raidou once more, barely putting a scratch on him. She assumed it was the work of some form of thorns seeing as she also took some damage despite her mitigation. From behind them, the blonde closed the distance with a charge and decapitated both elves with a smooth vertical swing. Both of their bodies exploded into pixels, leaving behind only a brief memory of their existence for the players. "Or we could just finish them off like that. Nice and clean." she affirmed with a smile.

ID# 154463  BD: 10 (Crit!, Keen proc.) Hellish Twice x4(19+5) =96 -25 =71 DMG > Cultist 1, Ariel takes 14 thorns dmg
ID# 154465  BD: 8 (2+6-1, Keen proc.) Hellish Twice x4(19+5) =96 -25 =71 DMG > Cultist 2, Ariel takes 14 thorns dmg

• Raidou: 919/920 | 86/92 | 4 | 54 | 0 | EVA:3 | VAMP OFF:92 | PARA:1 | TAUNT | BH:46
  • Ariel: 1426/1450 | 140/140 | 19 | 79 | 4 | 1 

• (0,3,2) Elven Dragon Cultist 1: 49/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • (0,1,2) Elven Dragon Cultist 2: 50/50 | 35 | 25 | 14
  • (0,4,2) Ghidorah: 214/215 | 70 | 40 | 1 | 1 | 14 [Paralyzed]

"It looks like the fight is over." said the maid as she peered over my shoulder. The two of us the come closer, uniting the party once more. "You got stronger!" I claimed as I try to pat Raidou on the back. "I feel a little left behind, you know?!" I add jokingly. Then I watch Ariel bend over and pick up something, She turns and shows us yet another stone with a grin on her face: "Another one down, another stone for our collection!" she materialized the other two and held the three between her fingers. I could barely see them but the blonde was holding the towards the sky, acting as if the moonlight Illuminated the gems as strong as the afternoon sun would. "Cat vision?" came the curious question from Claudia, who once again started asking the blonde questions as soon as she noted the change in her eyes. "night... vision." corrected the blonde. "I'm going to need it for the next floor boss..." she closed her fist, her expression a little more serious. Then I watch her point towards the item she handed Raidou earlier: "That's all that remained from four light pillars, after the 24th floor boss decided to crash our labyrinth scouting and introduce himself."  

Edited by Dracul

As expected Ariel made due on the pressure, cleaving them to pieces with a powerful sweep. "I suppose, but frankly I don't think it would have mattered even if they could understand me." A turn to Dracul with an honest response "I simply picked up where I left off, I have people to protect." and he looked to Claudia "I believe you share the sentiment, and I have no doubt you'll grow all the same." Raidou turned his hand over and tossed Ariel back her stone, "Thanks, seemed to do the trick." as he wiped his mouth, a habit despite the lack of blood it felt as though it was there. His battle healing forces his wounds to close completely, a flourish of the black star returns it to its sheath. "Impressive toys in the right hands may just claim the sun from the sky, Icarus." the principle was surely understood, for those who fly to close to the sun without preparation would meet such a fate. "I hope you proceed with caution, Ariel...as a wise soul once told me that only the bravest and well prepared players tend to join." he would not say it outright, but that small instill of courage she had given him took him back to the ice on floor 4 and returned him to face the golem of essence of steel. It had been far too long, all he needed was a reason.

Raidou returns:

<<Pillar Fragment>>
A special item that serves the same function as a Glow Stone, but does not hinder the use of weapons.
A fragment of the Pillars of Light, the final safeguard against Shadow's release. Even in its destroyed state, the fragment is capable of giving off a blinding radiance.

The blonde let out a chuckle at his initial reply. She might have shown more of her battle frenzy than she intended, judging by the increased rate of her heart's beats that still lingered despite having finished the fight. She took a couple of breath to calm her ticker and continued to listened. She displayed a simple smile as she recognized the comparison and the quote. "We'll need all the help we can get, this time around you can see the influence of the boss all across the floor. It stole the sun from the sky... the 25th floor is in an eternal night after what happened in the labyrinth." she had to spot herself there before she would do more damage than good.

Wanting to change the subject, she fiddled with her HUD. "Okay let's see if the dragon quest updated for us or do we have to do more snooping around like before." Dracul and Claudia would be prompted by her action to do the same. "I'm not that of a fighter.." muttered the alchemist, openly acknowledging his own faults. However, one could see determination in his eyes; he would contribute in other aspects to make sure he's not just dead weight.

He paused for a moment and opened his HUD in response to Ariel opening her own, having been wrapped within his words so much he had forgotten to check if the next in tandem. The description although vague was very clear on the next location "Floor 4, From the mouth of crystal lies the serpent, towards the sun all will become glass." It was cryptic sure, which meant he was dealing with his own kind: an Info broker. "It's north of the glacial cove. It's too simple, I would recommend we prepare beforehand." he would not head to the next without some method of preparation, he was not one for risks hopefully the rest of the party felt the same. Using parading hands upon the screens Raidou accepts the invites that had been in his received messages some time ago. He looks to Ariel and with a half smile fueled with a tinge of regret "Sorry about before, thanks for everything...Good bye for now."