[F21-PP] Synthesis in the dark (Training your Friend)

Sam had agreed to stay which would make the job all that much easier, he couldn't walk away from this not being fully sure that this thing now attached to him was not harmful. "Then it's settled." he speaks to his companion, moving a hand into his pockets and beginning to produce a few vials from his robe. They were empty and could be easily replaced, but they would play the part of something greater, more lethal. He moves to the girl's side and begins to pass them to her. "I will continue to harvest, every so often I need you to throw these at me. I have a hunch but I need you to help me confirm it." he then begins to simply attempt to distract himself, to see if it would act of its own volition as he would expect it to. He moves to the gemstone and removes his sword and gets to work.

ID# 153918 results: Craft: 8, Loot: 17+5+3=25

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials
3*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 3

Spoiler

Raidou, the Red Wanderer
Level: 48
HP: 960/960
EN: 96/96

Stats:
Damage: 4
Mitigation: 54
Evasion: 3
BH:48
VAMP OFF:96
PARA:1
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [T1/Perfect/1HSS]: Taunt, Paralyze 1, Vamp (Off) 1
Armor: Onyx Spectacles [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Loot Dice
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Auric Sol [T2/Perfect/1HSS]: Damage III
Teleport Crystal*1
Empty Slot
Empty Slot
Empty Slot

Edited by Raidou

Sam takes the handful of vials from Raidou with a nod and sets them in a separate pocket from the material she gathered earlier. Searching around for somewhere to gather from she sees a small hold that was not the one Raidou found his little friend in. "Hmm," Sam thinks as she observes the small crack in the wall. Taking a small dagger out, one that she would find of use later so she never got rid of it, she places the bladed tip in the partial open crevasse and begins a circling rotation trying to get the hole big enough to put a hand through. After a moment she removes the dagger and tries sticking a hand inside. It fit but barely. Feeling around her hand touches something rounded. Sam takes hold with a smile and removes her hand finding an opal gem in her grasp. Placing it in her bag she continues digging around waiting for Raidou's call out for the vials.

ID# 154025 results: Loot: 15+3=18 Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 1

Spoiler

Sam: The Red Rose
Level: 16
HP: 320/320
EN: 32/32

Stats:
Damage: 10
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone: Damage 3 (3 Base)
Armor: Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3
Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: Loot Dice 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3
Teleport Crystal*1

Edited by Sam

To the best of his capabilities, he tries to divert his mind away from what to transpire. Hopefully, his hunch was correct else he would simply be struck with the vials that were tossed at him. His hands were not idle as he did his best to clear all but the action he was performing but it was of little use. Normally he was serene in this task but he could not rid himself of the sense of protecting himself, but he would need to do so to affirm his beliefs. He did not expect this to be so difficult to do, but even for him it surprisingly was. He could find little more than immature plant life unfit for brewing into potions, and curiosity on if his theory was correct or not. A heavy sigh and a push of his glasses further up the bridge of his nose, he would need to try harder.

ID# 154026 results: Craft: 1, Loot: 4+3+5=12, Failure

Edited by Raidou

Sam continues to feel around this hole in the cavern's wall. Her fingertips come across something jagged. Wrapping her hand around it she pulls her hand out making it clear into view that it was a gemstone that she didn't recognize. Its color was a unique blue with golden lines coursing inside of it. "Very interesting," she says as hand tilts to either side as she looks closer at the pretty stone. With a smile, she places it with the other that she found and looks at Raidou. He seemed to be having a difficult time gathering himself, more focused on the thing in his clothing she guessed. Sam takes an empty vial from her satchel as Raidou gave her a quick glance and to her, that meant it was time. "Catch," saying as Sam tossed the Vial underhand toward him hoping that his catching was as good as everything else he did. 

ID# 154028 results: Loot: 17+3=20 Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 2

Edited by Sam

"Sam your not supposed to..." Raidou tries to tell the girl he isn't supposed to be aware of the attack. A black cable rips the vial out of the air as it fires out from beneath his robe causing the red tapestry to flutter as it does. A network of black tendrils squirm around for a moment before they vanish back into his robe, the one with the vial shatters it and disappears as well. "Interesting.." Raidou comments as the beast had done its part to defend him as expected, after all he was its host and as such is sustained by him. He looks to Sam "Next one do not give me any warning, I want to see how this thing acts of its own volition." he asks of the girl, but so far it looks to only want to protect its carrier rather than prey upon others, which was reassuring.

ID# 154029 results: Craft: 9

[1/3] Successes

Edited by Raidou

Watching the black tendrils move quickly from Raidou's inner sleeve to catch the vial instead of him. "Wow it's fast and okay will do," said with a grin and a very amused voice. Thinking to herself -I will throw it harder and quicker next time, I hope that it does it's part because I don't want to hurt Raidou.- Sam focuses back on the gem filling hole sticking her hand through and feeling around. "Ouch," Sam says in sudden anger voice. Pulling her hand out quickly, something had bitten or pinched her finger. "Come here you little bugger" saying as she sticks her hand back in moving it quickly around the dark hole trying to find what made her finger red. Her hand takes hold of something that started to squirm in her grasp trying to getaway. "No, you don't" as she pulls it out and finds a crap moving around anxiously. "Get out of here, I am trying to find stuff," saying in a grump voice as she sets it on the ground. It walks away quickly and she continues what she was doing.

ID# 154030 results: Loot: 7+3=10 Failure!

0*T3 Materials Obtained

Edited by Sam

It had progressed swimmingly but such a show would not due to allowing the A.I. to adapt to it. Holding the cards to his chest and hiding such defenses would be ideal. "Good, payment is due. But the next I need you not to show, being visible gives away your input." Raidou whispers softly hoping the thing could understand him. A feeling against his skin confirms an understanding as it transitions around underneath his clothing. His hands begin to work the patch again, as he waited for the next bottle to be inevitably thrown at him at the next random interval. He would need to allow the beast alone to try and protect him, for when his sword couldn't it would be an applicable back up plan. It was clear he was distracted however, usually very capable he wasn't finding much of anything to harvest and the day's gains would have to be made double the day that followed.

ID# 154031 results: Loot: 6+5+3=14, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Continuing through this hole trying to find anything else that may have been of value, she was desperate to find more than just two from this source. All Sam managed to do was grab a small stone from what remained inside. With a sigh, she looks to Raidou as he seems distracted still. It was understandable as the dark goo was very interesting and if it was her, she too would find it more interesting that gathering. A small yawn escapes her face as she surveys the area around for more to attempt gathering from. Sam touched her satchel with the vial but thinks -No, not yet- as she walks past Raidou to a couple of crates positioned against the wall standing on top of each other like a pyramid. Getting closer and taking a better look at these crates, they had a silver trim against each of their edges. 

ID# 154032 results: Loot: 4+3=7 Failure

0*T3 Materials Obtained

Edited by Sam

Stilling his mind just a bit and managing to put it at ease enough to focus, his fingers parading over the patch he finally finds a couple of tufts that shimmer gold. "Good." Raidou mutters as he reaches for the stems, the blood red plants begin to break at the roots. A moment between each extraction they are added to his satchel, he wished to keep his robe on this time around, to see how the newfound creature would work with it on his back. It was a paltry sum but an ample use of the time idle, two birds with one stone. He was starting to get the sense this creature would only be bonded to him, and as such should prove no harm to those around him. But he was still curious how far it can be pushed and this was the time to do it while the connection was still fresh.

ID# 154033 results: Craft: 8, Loot: 13+5+3=21, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials
3*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 6

Edited by Raidou

Sam starting to look over the crate more in-depth but her mind was not able to focus on the gathering task. The only thing it was thinking about was making sure that the Goo thing did its job in protecting Raidou. Looking to Raidou over her shoulder she finds him actually getting something out of his gather. Sam smirks and silently takes a vial out from her satchel, for now, was the perfect time to throw it. Primetime, Raidou was restricted and not paying attention to what Sam was doing. Sam focuses on Raidou and throws the vial overhand this time with more force than the last hoping that he would get hit. Sam closes one eye and winches a bit as the vial was flying through the air toward him in what seemed like slow motion. She watches his clothing for anything abnormal to come out to save him.

ID# 154034 results: Loot: 10+3=13 Failure

Edited by Sam

Raidou feels his muscles constrict and pull, as the creature takes control of what seemed like out of nowhere. A sudden jerk and pull of his frame rips him to his feet and pulls his right arm up. He catches the vial with his hand and crushes it in his palm without his input, with his inhuman movements being controlled by the creature. "Strange..." Raidou comments as he turns the arm now in control of it once again, the glass in his hand hadn't even punctured his skin as he sees the blackened lines begin to vanish from the lines drawn upon them. "Again." Raidou says to Sam, as this thing was beginning to appear even more and more viable for what he had intended for it. Clearing his head and looking back to the patch, he was distracted but one final push was in order but that was what he was going for.

ID# 154035 results: Craft: 8

[2/3] Success!

Edited by Raidou

Raidou whips up to his feet catching the vial instantaneously. The movement though was really strange like he said. Almost like it took him over for a split second for a form of a defensive mechanism. Sam was in an awwed state as she could take her eyes off Raidou from what she just saw. "Did it just take you over, you didn't seem like you just then..." Sam closes her eyes for just a moment and rubs them with both eyes. "Either that or I'm just too..." Sam shakes her head and tries to refocus on the crates. Sam just looks down at the containers but her mind goes blank. Looking back to Raidou she tries to piece together what her mind just saw. It was hard to do so though because she really has never seen anything like this. Sam being a gamer as seen a bunch of weird crap but this was certainly a first in her book.

ID# 154036 results: Loot: 1+3=4 Critical Failure

Edited by Sam

A whole range of options was now running through his head, looking to his hands as his fingers curl to fists. "It had, and through your statements, it seems as though it understands to conceal itself now. I assume that means you saw nothing other than me." he made a mental note as his stress test of this thing was going rather well. A little more of a push was left, just to see exactly how responsive it was. Back to the patch of red plant matter under his feet, remaining central so the girl had a clean shot. He looks exactly the same as usual, his hands a delicate sway over the tops of them as if nothing was amiss. Adding a couple more sections of the plant to his inventory, this day was becoming quite fruitful despite first perceptions would allow. The bag on his leg snaps closed with this recent deposit.

ID# 154037 results: Craft: 5, Loot: 8+5+3=16, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials
2*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 8

Edited by Raidou

"Yea saw nothing but you break that vial with no damage caused," turning back to the crates trying her hand once more to focus. She was now determined to get something anything from these large settings of containers sitting in front of her. Taking out her dagger Sam takes the tip to the small spacing of the box and forces it open with little effort. Placing the knife back to her belt she looks inside the top crate. Due to her height, it was easy but if she was any smaller, she would have had to climb up on the other boxes to see inside the top one. Sam's hands move the sutt inside around causing a small bolt of thread visible. Looking to Raidou for a moment she sees that he is focused again on the gathering thing again but decides to wait just a bit longer before throwing a hand full of the vials at him. She decides that she will trow multiple next time to see how the thing reacts to that.

ID# 154038 results: Loot: 16+3=19 Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Edited by Sam

A persistent harvest it seemed as though Sam was beginning to have a bit of fun with this task. He could see her out of the corner of his peripheral and chooses to shift to completely remove her from his field of vision with a response "Indeed its rather interesting isn't it.", not sure exactly how this thing under his clothes was seeing what was happening around him. But just in case it was somehow seeing through his eyes he would eliminate that factor from his next test. His hands begin once again to parade along the soil. A quick snap of the tendrils that affixed them to the ground, they are shifted and tapped upon his thigh removing the clung dirt. They are then added with the others in his bag, another honest yield through hard work that would prove of use to bolster the guild's coffers just a tad further.

ID# 154040 results: Craft: 12, Loot: 14+5+3=22!

[Gatherer Activated!] +3 Bonus Materials
4*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 12

Edited by Raidou

Sam was trying her best to go through these crates but she was so focused on the other task that she wasn't able to gather. This she was okay with though. Looking to Raidou over her shoulder he was indeed gathering. She glances around the cave and sees a small roundabout a bit deeper into the cave. Sam grins and walks around the corner out of view from Raidou. Taking all the remaining vials out of her satchel which was like 5 of them she holds them against her chest. Peeking around the corner, Raidou was still gathering and paying no attention to her as far as she was concerned. Thinking to herself -NOW- she comes back around the corner quickly with Raidou into view again and starts pelting each vial one by one at him. each one being seconds apart. Once they all were thrown at him she watches him carefully to see his reaction. 

ID# 154041 results: Loot: 11+3=14 Failure! MAKES PERFECT SENCE!

Edited by Sam

A sudden shift and rip to his feet cause him to rear his right arm to the first vial in sequence the same as before. On to the next one in with a quick jerk and pull of his arm over. The other begins to glance off in the distance, this one would have clearly missed him but Juiblex did not care for it had shown the attempt to harm. Ripping his appendage over his shoulder, It clutches for the sword on his back and rips it clean and shatters the last projectile to the cavern with a flash of blue data. he regains control of his body, twisting the weapon in his hand and returning it to his sheath. He watches as the creature begins to entwine underneath his clothes and make an almost webbing. He watches his mitigation value begin to increase on its own on his HUD. "I suppose you have found your place." Raidou remarks removing a vial of blackened liquid from his pocket. "Payment for your service." as he pushes into his sleeve, a moment passes as it vanishes and returns an intact empty bottle.

ID# 154042 results: Craft: 9

[3/3] Final Success!

Edited by Raidou

"Wow, that was..." Sam couldn't find her words. "You, I mean he reflected all of those. I am sure that I would have hit you at least once if it..." Sam was just so surprised at the way Raidou moved with that thing within him and not seeing it anywhere in sight around him. "So what are you gonna call him so I can stop calling him it or thing? Are you going to show it to the team?" Sam was now talking super fast, excited for what this creature would head Raidou with in the future. She begins to dig through the boxes again saying "I'm sure that they will all think it crazy weird too but I just know that they will grow to like him too." Finding a silk blue fabric in the mess of broken material inside this container, no even paying much attention to it but she places it in her bag saying "If you don't want anyone to know about him them I can try keeping my mouth shut. It might be hard for me though because well it's me and I have problems." Sam stops her talking realizing that she was talking WAY too much. Turning to Raidou with an apologetic face "Sorry," she yawns once more before rubbing her eyes waiting for Raidou to say something to anything that she just said.

ID# 154242 results: Loot: 18+3=21Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained
Total T3 Materials: 4

Edited by Sam

Raidou clicks his tongue and the creature seems to understand the notion, as he extends his arm, and forming on his fingertip is akin to a water droplet of blackened ink. It then begins to pour off of his hand to the floor, in a steady stream like syrup until it's all removed. "I shall coin you Juiblex, and no Sam this remains between you and me. I believe the expression of such information proves little worth in the long run and would only cause an unneeded debate on whether or not it was safe." He looks to her with a flare, unknowing to him that he was actually becoming a bit angered. A reddened mist begins to billow of his back, the creature responds in a rather sporadic fashion and then fires from the floor back to his robe. It incases him entraps him unsure how to respond due to the presence of his fighting spirit, covering him with a thickened black shell that starts to look undead in origin. His amber eyes still visible and amplified by the amorphous blobs presence. His voice is modulated and gruesome, not unlike a Gemini with two tones. "This will remain between me and you."

Sam's eyes become wide and she starts to feel something she has never felt before, fear. A knot begins to form in her stomach as Raidou is consumed by this thing. Sam for once could say nothing as it talks but it was weird because while it spoke, she could hear Raidou's voice as well. They were now one in the same. Sam tries to open her mouth to say something but she watches the transformation and just can't say anything that would make sense from what she just saw. Raidou at this point looked almost demonic and Sam was overwhelmed by the feeling of fear but that could have been the hate mechanic from Raidou kicking in. Sam takes a slow deep breath trying to find her words. "I can see how others would think this dangerous. I believe that you have control. I will say nothing please at least think about telling Eruda. I find it hard to keep things from her." Sam walks to the exit of the cave knowing that this part of the quest was now over. Taking one last glance over her shoulder to Raidou, she half-smiles and hops out of the hole.