[F22-PP] Like a Bolt from the Blue -- <<Shocking Stallion>>

<<Scents of the Wild: Shocking Stallion>>

Today's mark was special. It was special for a variety of reasons.

One: It resided on Floor 22. This meant that NIGHT was more than invited to walk up to Yuki's mansion and pull her out of the house in person so that they may set out on an adventure together. It would be a surprise for the woman, and it would be a relaxing meet and greet for NIGHT herself. Easier than having to idle and wait at a pre-appointed location like some of their other adventuring times.

Two: Their mark was a horse. An electric horse to be specific -- the term Kirin comes to mind with a beast that could conjure lightning and move as swiftly as it could with the description provided to her from her broker. It was the only elemental beast out of the Scents of the Wild bosses aside from the lich, but one could barely call a lich an elemental figure to begin with.

Three: NIGHT had decided to take on their opponent completely unbuffed this day.

When she'd reached Yuki's doorstep, a gentle slide of the paper frame away and NIGHT let herself inside. Shoes off and into her inventory, announced her entry with a call for her friend as she waited patiently, standing over the kotatsu in her living room. Were she to scramble over to meet the early-risen hunter, NIGHT would've sheepishly tilted her head and winced back at Yuki, hand pushing back some hair behind her ear. "Morning. Uh, genuine concerned request today. Would you mind taking along a teleport crystal for the last of the field boss' quest chain? I'll wait for you here to get ready."

-- Hopefully I'd be ready to fight too by the time we head out.

@Zajcica

Y8KUauY.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1085/1085 | EN: 104/104
  | ACC: 3 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3
  | BURN: 36 | BLIGHT: 72 | BLEED: 36
  | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3

| Stealth Detection: 3

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Jack's Executioner
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Blight II | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 72 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Bleed I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
  • Reinforced Steel Pauldron
    -- [ Regen II | Heals 30 HP every turn for 3 rounds after taking damage. DoTs will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. ]
    -- [ Heavy Momentum I | +3 DMG on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T2E2] [ref] Le Gibet (1) -- [ Lullaby II | Instant | -2 EVA to one enemy for one battle. ]
  • [T2E2] [ref] Der Flohwalzer (1) -- [ Hypnosis II | -2 ACC to one enemy for one battle. ]
  • [T1E3] Imugi's Inspiration (5) -- [ Mass HP Recovery | Heals all players in one's party for 30 * target's tier HP. ]
  • [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (1) -- [ Teleport | Use a post action to teleport the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify. ]
  • Basilisk's Bane
    -- [ Taunt I | +1 Hate generated. ]
    -- [ Recovery I | Regenerate 2 EN on natural CD rolls of 6+. ]
    -- [ Paralytic Immunity | Immune to Paralysis. ]

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Col Stash
    | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.

Astolfo (Fate/Apocrypha) (With images) | Astolfo fateYuki came out of her bedroom dressed in the most normal clothing that Night had ever seen her wear. It looked like she must have been hot under her blanket and like she had just barely woken up. She lifted the over sized, black t-shirt and fanned the heat out from her chest, which was much more toned than Night probably thought it was. Not like she would be thinking about those kind of things anyway.

"Ngiht, mroning." The girl was barely able to respond to her friend's concern. She needed something to wake her up, so she walked past Night heading into her kitchen and opening the fridge door to find something she had made with caffeine in it. After taking a quick drink, the girl shook off her morning woes and looked back to her friend. "Sorry, yeah, I always have a teleport crystal in my inventory. Is the next one that dangerous?"

@NIGHT

Spoiler

Yuki
Level: 46
HP: 980/980
EN: 92/92

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 111
Evasion: -1
BH: 29
BLD: 24
H.M.: 1
THRNS: 36+20
TAUNT
PARA: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Trap of Argalia (T2/Perfect/OHAS): Bleed 1, Damage 2
Armor: Charlemagne (T2/Perfect/Heavy): Heavy Momentum 1, Thorns 2
Misc: Braced Reproach (T2/Perfect/Shield): Taunt 1, Paralyze 2

Skills:
One Handed Assualt Spear [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Block [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation Potion+1*10 < Using

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

...? How'd she get a hold...

At the sight of her drowsy friend, NIGHT could only squint in silence and step back in recoil. Was this the right house? It must've been -- her friend was standing right here, wasn't she? The right time line? Um...

"NIGHT, morning." It came out as such a garbled mumble, NIGHT was barely able to make out her words.

"M-morning? Um--"

And then the woman was lost in her pause watching Yuki head to the fridge. She'd recalled not having eaten, but before she could reasonably extend a request for a vanity snack, her mind was more caught up with trying to backtrack her recent activities of the evening. NIGHT hadn't stayed over at her friend's place one day and forgot about it, right? Maybe she just loaned her a shirt after Absolute Zero? Or was it perhaps stolen once again, just like her missing blade had been?

Whatever it was, when the light returned to Yuki's eyes after a chug of a cool refreshment, she'd shoot the flustered knight a question, and NIGHT could only space out a response. Her expression had been contorted into horrified disbelief, as one of her hands found the depths of her pockets, the woman making herself smaller on instinct.

"No-- It's not... dangerous... I'm--just--" A groan, the player biting her lower lip and shaking her head, trying to bring herself back to reality. With a scowl, she pointed over to Yuki, a blush spreading on her cheeks as her eyes shifted away from her friend. "T-Thatsnotmyshirtright? --Is it?"

@Zajcica

Yuki scratched the back of her and looked down at the black shirt she was wearing. Where did she even get this shirt again? Hell she couldn't even remember at this point.

"Uh... Is it your shirt?" She asked, genuinely stumped. How would she have gotten one of Night's shirts? When? "Wait, when did I even get this shirt." She pulled the shirt out to inspect it more. Not satisfied with what she was seeing at this angle, she removes the shirt from her person, leaving her in nothing but her sweatpants and a tube top that sat on her loosely. Looking for anything that could signify who had ownership of this shirt. After careful thought she remembered that all items have tags showed who created them and who owned them. She opened the description for the item showed that the item did, in fact, belong to the paladin and was made by some low rank tailor in the town of beginnings who's name she couldn't even recognize if she tried. She must have acquired this shirt before she started leveling. "It's mine." She said, throw the shirt back on sipping her drink carefully.

And now Yuki was beginning to undress in front of her. Great.

NIGHT turned away on instinct the moment she saw the shirt lifted over the woman's head. During the interim, all NIGHT could do was find herself pinching the bridge of her nose and uttering curses to herself. Out of all the reasons for their hunt of the day to be special; it was because she'd happened to pay her friend a direct visit in her mansion that things got this out of hand. Brilliant. She made a mental note never to do this again for the foreseeable future.

"It's mine."

"Okay, okay."

NIGHT let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding. At least she wouldn't have to go back to Bahr's for extras again. When she looked back over to Yuki, her hand had spread out to hide a good portion of her face, eyes leveled in discomfort.

"It's not dangerous, I'm just going in unbuffed today." Her acquaintance -- guild mate? They were guild mates, weren't they? Since the other day, Bahr had sparked her curiosity of relying on her own strength rather than utilizing consumables. Were they really as broken as he'd believed? NIGHT had wondered how much more inconvenient their fight with their mark would go. In the worst-case scenario, she hoped they would have time to flee.

"The boss is on this floor," the player began, pulling open her mail interface as she strolled over to Yuki's side, trying to glance at the fridge door discreetly. "Lightning horse, probably somewhere about the lake. No doubt it'll be fast; I've got a few crystals on me still, but nothing in the way of... food."

Maybe it'd be best not to dance around the request this time. "... Do you have any vanity snacks on you...? I'll-- I'll pay you."

@Zajcica

With her shirt back on, Yuki looked over at the quest details that were on Night's HUD. It was easily the most dangerous boss that they would be facing in this entire quest line. This was the last one that they needed to do, then they could use the benefits of the statues of the wilds. That health boosting one had caught her eye.

But what caught her ear was the fact that Night wanted to go unbuffed. Why? She felt like they had barely gotten through the puma, but maybe Night wont freak out like she did. "Why go in unbuffed if I struggled with taking damage from the puma? Are you sure you're going to be able to beat it? Oh, well I guess that's why you want me to bring teleportation crystal."

Looking over at the fridge, Yuki opened it's menu showing the contents. She pointed to the total of vanity food - "325 Vanity Foods"

"Take anything you want."

"It's... well." NIGHT glanced over at the fridge's menu, glossing over its contents. "Call it an experiment. If we'll need to come back at another time for it... I'll bull-doze it completely, no questions asked."

'325 Vanity foods.'

The woman could only look upon the number, thunderstruck. So many? She browsed through the list, selecting something akin to a granola bar, and it sparkled into view in the air, dropping into the grasp of her palm. Another flash of light, and a juice box was drummed up by the system too.

With a wave, NIGHT dismissed the window. It'd shut her mail interface while she was at it, the warrior focused on heading back towards the front door.

"If you need to take time to get ready, I'll be here. Just say the word and we'll be off."

Back to the wall, she tore off the light wrapper around her bar and took a bite out of it. There was barely a taste to items like these, but the player would take what she could get.

@Zajcica

Yuki took a moment to head back into her room and change into her armor. She only just realized how awkward it was that she undressed in front of Night. The standard for her wasn't the same since she was still used to walking around shirtless in her own home. Once she had her armor on, her shoulders seemed to grow three sizes bigger thanks to the cape and the pauldrons that protected her tiny frame.

"Sorry about that, didn't think." She said walking over to her fridge and pulling out more copies of the granola bars and juice boxes and moving them over to her own inventory, just in case Night wanted more. Her and Crozeph seemed to always be swooning over her cooking. That was why she never emptied the fridge of vanity items. "If you say so, I guess. I don't understand why, but you have your reasons. If it gets dangerous, then we'll teleport out."

By the time Yuki had collected herself, NIGHT's juice box was fizzling out of existence. The woman nodded at her acknowledgement of her conditions -- even if they were going into battle completely in earnest, it never hurt just to play it safe while they could. As she pulled open the paper shutters, the two stepped outside, greeted by the soft morning light. At least their stroll over to the horse's lair was appearing to be gentle.

Don't worry, NIGHT shut the door on their way out.

"It's a bit of a walk," the player mentioned, leading Yuki towards the edges of Raft. "And it seems as though we'll be fighting it amidst the lake itself. Lightning and electricity don't exactly spell safe together, so I brought paralytic immunity with me." She knew her friend wasn't exactly keen on switching out her equipment, but still NIGHT decided to give it a shot. "Think it's a good idea to swap?"

@Zajcica

Spoiler

Travelling to Lake... (1/3)

Trading to Yuki for the duration of this thread:

• Basilisk's Bane
    -- [ Taunt I | +1 Hate generated. ]
    -- [ Recovery I | Regenerate 2 EN on natural CD rolls of 6+. ]
    -- [ Paralytic Immunity | Immune to Paralysis. ]

Yuki scratched the back of her head. She was feeling even more unsure about this boss the more that they talked about it. Especially with Paralyze being a factor. The paladin thought about her options and sighed. This wasn't the same as the serpent. The snake wouldn't have the damage to kill her if it wanted to, this thing could actually murder her if they weren't careful. "Yes." She said taking the paralytic immunity item that was offered to her. Contemplating the choice at which item she would have to remove, she looked over at Night and gave her a smile.

"Thank you for the concern. I won't take any chances with this boss. I don't feel safe with us going in almost completely un-buffed. If we can't finish it, we come back ready for this boss with a full set of buffs and take it for a walk. Easy."

Spoiler

Travel Post: 2/3

Yuki trades out Trap of Argalia for Basilisk's Bane.

"Definitely."

While she'd been expecting some resistance from the paladin, the simple agreement was more than welcome. NIGHT traded the item over to Yuki quickly, swapping the equipment on her person to a pragmatic damage booster, though its effects kicked in only at the worst of times. "It can't take stuns or paralysis either, from what I'd read. So it's all damage in or nothing."

She buried her hands into her pockets, looking over the scenery as the day lazily welcomed their walk. Floor 22 was a vast treasury of wildlife and flourishing plants. With emerald hills and an unobstructed clear blue sky, it looked almost like an ideal nature reserve. And the mobs weren't exactly hostile either. A decent population resided in Raft made it a much more alluring prospect when compared side by side against Floor 1's own beginner fields and crowded city space. NIGHT could see why her friend had chosen to live in a location like this.

Then the scent of petrichor hit her senses. While the heavens were still coated a brilliant azure, on the horizon, dark clouds hung low over their supposed destination. "Think that's it," NIGHT announced, eyes set on the coming storm. "Be careful, Yuki. Let's do our best on this hunt."

@Zajcica

Spoiler

Travelling to Lake... (3/3).

Yuki watched the lightning storm cover the area of the lake. Jolts of mini lightning leaders stemmed with bright flashes into the lake as the final beast of the Scents of the Wild appeared before the two players. It's gait unmatched, it charged down from the darkened clouds, landing with a crash of lightning around the two players. The paladin's hair stood on end. This boss was nothing to be messed with.

"I'm going in." The paladin said, knowing that she would have to take the lead and attack first so that her knight can take the follow up attack without worrying about getting hit with heavy damage. Pulling back her armored fist, she rushed through the grass, passing over currents of electricity without a problem thanks to Night's loan. While the Taneuma was getting itself ready, the girl's fist collided with it's face. Her hand sparked with lightning against the enemies mane of electric current. The jolt went up her arm and absorbed into Basilisk's Bane, stunning her for a slight second before freeing her of a paralysis effect, however, her's had not activated either. "Sh*t."

image.png

[4]Yuki | HP: 845/980 (-275-111)+29 | EN: 82/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT:111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 1 | H.M.: 1 | THRNS: 56 | TAUNT | PARA: 2 | PARA IMMUNE | BH:29 | DoT -25%+25%(First)
[0]Night: 

Taneuma: 1444/1500 -(30-75)+56 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Spoiler

Abilities:

Grounded: Stuns and Paralysis cannot effect «Taneuma»

Lightning Strike: When a player rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10, «Taneuma» will send out an electric shock, causing paralysis to the player

Conductive: If «Taneuma» rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10 and rolls a 6+ on the CD, «Taneuma» will knock the player with the highest hate into water, then cause a shock to go throughout the water, dealing 300 Unmitigatable damage.

The horse's arena was a different force to be trifled with. Whilst Yuki was able to charge in, NIGHT hung back instead, watching the electricity ripple out towards the edges of the land. They'd vanish in blue sparks towards the water's surface, the liquid drenched in blue and purples humming with ferocity and life.

NIGHT darted in when she'd imagined to have figured out a pattern. It was between hops and leaps that she'd make her way through the course, summoning her blade to her side with a hum. Her shield had managed to strike it with a punch, almost as though she'd set out to wrestle the beast into submission. Even though her metal armor came into contact with the beast's prickling mane, as long as Basilisk's Bane resided on her, the piece would keep her safe.

And so it fell onto NIGHT to play dangerously.

With one strike, she'd sent her edge into the side of the beast, her weapon thrumming with a ripple of force. It pelted the stallion away from her friend, tossing it to the edge of the field.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

Using item as a free action: [T2E2] [ref] Le Gibet (1) -- [ Lullaby II | Instant | -2 EVA to one enemy for one battle. ]

ID: 154132 | BD: 11 (8, +3)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Taneuma.
25 * 13 = 325 DMG | 325 - 75 = 250 DMG

Taneuma | HP: 1193/1500 (-250) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 (2, -2) | STUN-IMMUNE | PARA-IMMUNE | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

[1] NIGHT | HP: 1085/1085 | EN: 95/104 (-9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[4] Zajcica | HP: 845/980 | EN: 82/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE | SHIELD BASH: [3/3]

LIGHTNING STRIKE: Player paralyzed on BD 9-10.
CONDUCTIVE: On Taneuma's MD 9-10 and CD6+, Taneuma will deal 300 unmitigatable damage to the player with the highest hate.

Night sent the boss flying with a single strike of her Galaxy Destroyer. It was a trademark for her at this point, that was if she wasn't using Tempest to stun her targets. Yuki wasted no time at all keeping the pressure on this creature that was made completely out of electricity. Following the scared trail of heated lighting that set the grass on fire as the Taneuma barreled across the ground, she followed up with a punch from her other hand, the one that had Basilisk's Bane equipped. Her mark was just barely missed as the Taneuma stood much more quickly than expected.

Holding her arms in front of her in a cross between her chest and the horse's hind legs, Night's loaned armor was doing her wonders in absorbing the electrical shocks of the Taneuma's strikes. She was beginning to really appreciate this armor for that reason alone.

image.png

Taneuma | HP: 1137/1500 (-56) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 (2, -2)

[1] NIGHT | HP: 1085/1085 | EN: 95/104 (-9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[5] Zajcica | HP: 652/980 (275-111)+29| EN: 80/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE | SHIELD BASH: [3/3]

Spoiler

Abilities:

Grounded: Stuns and Paralysis cannot effect «Taneuma»

Lightning Strike: When a player rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10, «Taneuma» will send out an electric shock, causing paralysis to the player

Conductive: If «Taneuma» rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10 and rolls a 6+ on the CD, «Taneuma» will knock the player with the highest hate into water, then cause a shock to go throughout the water, dealing 300 Unmitigatable damage.

So came the second strike.

From behind Yuki's defense, NIGHT leapt high into the air. Had she been a smarter player, she would've guessed in the heat of the moment that it wasn't such a bright idea. Still, it gave her pause away from the pulsing electricity waves on the ground. As she sunk her sword tip-first into the horse's front, a sweep of her legs pushed her tank backwards for the moment, giving the woman ample time and space to end her confrontation properly.

Taneuma reeled its head back, trying to shake off the player holding on. Likewise, NIGHT was attempting to break away from it too. Her feet pressed against its shoulders as she heaved to extract her blade from its forehead. It was a miracle how she hadn't been struck by its electrical wiles, though with a leap backwards after her sword had come clean, NIGHT had landed upright, more than ready to take another go at the foe once again.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 154138 | BD: 11 (8, +3)

Taneuma | HP: 887/1500 (-250) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 
| STUN-IMMUNE | PARA-IMMUNE | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1085/1085 | EN: 87/104 (+1, -9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[5] Zajcica | HP: 652/980 | EN: 81/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE

LIGHTNING STRIKE: Player paralyzed on BD 9-10.
CONDUCTIVE: On Taneuma's MD 9-10 and CD6+, Taneuma will deal 300 unmitigatable damage to the player with the highest hate.

Yuki made sure Night was out of the way before making her next attack. The para-immune equipment sat against her wrist, ready to absorb the electricity like a grounder. Raising her fist in the air, the paladin slammed it into the horse's face. Electricity formed around Basilisk Bane again, eating all the element into the armor and storing it to ensure it's wielder felt no effect from the shocks.

That didn't mean that the Bane could save her from feeling the force of the equine's kick. It jumped once again, slamming it's hooved feet into Yuki's chest and sending her through the fire lit grass on to her stomach. She struggled to right her position for a moment. The Taneuma turned to meet her direction as well, gearing up to charge the paladin with it's next strike. Hopefully the paladin could work up the strength to pull herself off the ground before it came in stomped her head into the dirt.

Yuki's was worried. Thinking back to what Mari said about unexpected occurrences, could she really risk taking another hit? Through her battered voice she barely choked out: "N-Night... Switch, please..."

image.png

Spoiler

Activating Switch with Night

Taneuma | HP: 831/1500 (-56) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | STUN-IMMUNE | PARA-IMMUNE | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1085/1085 | EN: 87/104 (+1, -9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[8] Zajcica | HP:
517/980  | EN: 81/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE

CONDUCTIVE: On Taneuma's MD 9-10 and CD6+, Taneuma will deal 300 unmitigatable damage to the player with the highest hate.

As Yuki slammed down another sucker punch against the equine's jaw, the horse immediately followed up with a retaliation of its own, the woman sliding away and struggling to rise.

A Switch? The last time she'd done this...

"--Got it."

NIGHT lowered herself to clasp her friend's hand for a moment. It was tradition in tagging in and out to her, though the contact served another purpose as well. She'd jammed a black glass square into the palm of Yuki's hand, careful to be brief so that the shocks passed over wouldn't be so violent. NIGHT rose and took off immediately afterwards, determined to land her blow.

And so she did.

With a crash of thunder off in the distance, she'd struck Taneuma unflinching, urging the galloping steed to back off from the fallen player. Its burning eyes of fury quickly turned on her instead. Beaming, NIGHT felt a smirk form.

Let's see if it could hit her at all.

Spoiler

> Initiating [Switch].
Passing item to Yuki as a free action: 
[T2E2] [ref] Der Flohwalzer (1) -- [ Hypnosis II | -2 ACC to one enemy for one battle. ]

ID: 154145 | BD: 6 (3, +3)
> [Switch] successful.

Taneuma | HP: 581/1500 (-250) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2

[8] NIGHT | HP: 1085/1085 | EN: 79/104 (+1, -9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[3] Zajcica | HP: 517/980 | EN: 81/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE

The paladin looked in the palm of her hand at the tiny crystal. Night really loved these things, but they certainly were useful for these extremely powerful bosses. If she was going to not take hits for her knight, then at least she could help her in other ways. Taking the time to arm the little performer catalyst for music, she launched it, coming up to a sitting position. The crystal landed in the mud near the lake, playing it's piano tune and weakening the monster however it was supposed to based on it's effect.

Watching Night fight, she couldn't risk taking any more attacks on the boss until her HP regenerated at least a little bit. However, Night would surely see it to the afterlife by that time. "B-Be careful please." The pink haired girl pleaded of her friend as she rose to her feet, still feeling the placebo of pain from the attack to her chest.

image.png

Spoiler

Yuki uses Der Flohwalzer (1) -- [ Hypnosis II | -2 ACC to one enemy for one battle. ]

Taneuma | HP: 581/1500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 (-2)

[8] NIGHT | HP: 926/1085 -(275+2) | EN: 79/104 (+1, -9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | TXVM: 24 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[3] Zajcica | HP: 546/980 (+29) | EN: 81/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE

Okay, that's it. This sucker was going down-- hard.

Just as NIGHT pulled away from the electric beast, it began to rise to its hind legs for a moment -- a show of intimidation, not that NIGHT was particularly moved by the action. Instead, she rolled out of its range behind her, foresight telling her it was an attack. A right interpretation, but unfortunate timing fell on her.

Taneuma rushed straight first into the fray, nearly colliding into NIGHT just as she got up. Its advancement was stopped briefly by Jack's Executioner, rising in the nick of time. The flat of the horse's head smacked head first into her weapon's metallic surface, a surge of electricity washing over her.

But her sword wasn't going to let its owner down without a fight.

"Khh--ahh!!"

An explosion, the corrosion an inky blackness convulsing with manic festering energies. As her sword clattered on the ground by her side, NIGHT found herself splayed across the floor jittering with immobility, matched a clenched jaw and a seething bitter numbness.

Being paralyzed sucked.

Spoiler

ID: 154151 | BD: 13 (10, +3)
25 + 2 = 27 DMG | 27 * 13 = 351 DMG | 351 - 75 = 276 DMG
> NIGHT was paralyzed! She may be unable to move!

Taneuma | HP: 161/1500 (-276-144) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | BURNING (36) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (72) [1/2] | BLEEDING (36) [1/2]

[10] NIGHT | HP: 856/1085 (+30) | EN: 70/104 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3 | PARALYZED
[3] Zajcica | HP: 546/980 | EN: 82/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE

Yuki was happy to see Night get out of the way, but things got urgent the moment she saw the critical proc. Night's body seized and writhed against the ground as fought with the paralysis. The tank wasn't going to allow the Taneuma to make a mockery of her friend, and definitely not let it attack her without doing something.

With quite the unnatural speed for her hefty build, the paladin rushed into battle and rammed her shield's fist into the equine's face right where Jack's Executioner had found it's way into it's body. Grabbing hold of the beast, electricity cackled as the lighting found with the grounding conduction on Yuki's right hand. Electricity surged through her body and would have easily killed her in the real world. Even still should could feel the placebo of pain reach through her actual feelings as though she was feeling that bit of pain. "K-aaaaaahhhh!" It was a natural response when one body was flooded with several dozens of gigawatts of electricity.

image.png

Taneuma | HP: 160/1500 (-1) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | BURNING (36) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (72) [1/2] | BLEEDING (36) [1/2]

[10] NIGHT | HP: 856/1085 (+30) | EN: 70/104 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | BRN: 36 | BLGT: 72 | BLD: 36 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3
[6] Zajcica | HP: 546/980 | EN: 72/92 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 111 | EVA: -1 | REC: 2 | HM: 2 | THRNS: 56 | PARA: 8-10 | BH: 29 | DoT: -25%-25% | TAUNT | PARA-IMMUNE