[F12-PP] Reuse <<Lord of the Seas>>

<<Lord of the Seas>>

Talk about cleaning up loose ends. NIGHT had a few lower-levelled hunts that needed to be knocked out for that savory, much needed experience gain. At her levels it would've been easy to take it out within the blink of an eye.

So her buffs were merely used as a waste, she promised herself. No point holding onto them when they weren't wholly needed by now. Hell, there wasn't even a need to bring much of her tool kit out to play. With Yuki tagging along to be served her share of their feast today, it was highly unlikely that NIGHT would truly find herself in any real position of danger.

What she really needed to bring though... was an umbrella. Or a hood. While she'd informed Yuki she was present at the twelveth's settlement, should the paladin take a quick glance around the vicinity, she wouldn't be able to spot her friend anywhere.

Where was NIGHT hiding out...?

@Zajcica

Y8KUauY.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1195/1195 | EN: 114/114
  | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 18 
  | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3 | LD: 5 | PROSP: 3
  | Stealth Detection: 3 | Stealth Rating: 7

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Silver Ring
    -- [ Prosperity III | +3 PROSP. ]
  • Reinforced Steel Pauldron
    -- [ Regen II | Heals 30 HP every turn for 3 rounds after taking damage. DoTs will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. ]
    -- [ Heavy Momentum I | +3 DMG on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]
  • Black Steel Ring
    -- [ Loot Die II | +2 LD. ]
    -- [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC. ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (1) | Instant | TELEPORT

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 7/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs 

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• [T1E1] Super Sight Dried Bamboo Shoot (1) | ACCURACY I
  • [T1E1] Damage Crystal (1) | DAMAGE I

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

Night was proving to be unintentionally elusive this time. Where the hell was she? The paladin had failed to bring herself an umbrella, which would be really nice right now since her hair was getting soaked and rain drops continued to assault her eyes. She groaned audibly and opened her menu pulling up Night's name.

Zajcica: Oi
Zajcica: Where are you?
Zajcica: No time to be wasted
Zajcica: I need to get these skills if I want to maximize my y'know
Zajcica: Live.

She sent the messages, trying not to sound like an ass, but time was of the essence more than ever. She had none to spare. After spending a break with her soon-to-be husband, she was ready to get back into this dreadful grind. She was closer than ever at being able to help the front lines. No one would take her seriously if she didn't come completely prepared.

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 50
HP: 1090/1090
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 159
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 2
BH:54
BLD:36
H.M.:2
REC:1
THRNS:54
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Durandal (T3/Perfect/OHSS): ACC II; BLD I
Armor: Charlemagne Rouge (T3/Perfect/Heavy): Heavy Momentum II, Rec I
Misc: Casa di Logistilla (T3/Perfect/Shield): Thorns II; Taunt

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Block [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Shield Bash

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*10
Ration+2*10
Ika Shogayaki(OH III)

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

"I'm here..."

From behind Yuki, a piercing distortion seemed to echo and vibrate in the air. With a pink-laced trainer, a figure garbed in white emerged, their movements slower as they pulled themselves from dense, thick air, the player's face shrouded in complete darkness save for the movement of their lips. It was pulled into a thin line, Yuki might notice had she stared hard into the shadows, and it was only when they'd shifted the hood back over their head slightly could she realize that it was indeed her trusted friend.

NIGHT looked... incredibly worn out.

"I don't have a poncho," the woman admitted, pulling the hood to cloak their face again. "And an umbrella's the next best thing. But given combat on this floor, in this weather?"

"No. Nu-uh. No way."

The woman hugged the cloth closer to her frame, nearly shivering at the dreaded cold -- or was it the cloak that was setting them off? Either way, NIGHT turned to Yuki after letting out a breath. "Shall we be off?"

@Zajcica

Yuki nodded. She had no gear to help with the cold of the rain and the wind, but her armor and leather made it much easier to keep herself warm. Night's usual track suit was probably doing it's best to keep her at a reasonable temperature, but not really working enough to fulfill her needs. As much as she wanted to do something to help her, there was the restraint of time. Every moment counts from here on out. With a sigh, she beckon's Night to follow her lead.

This boss would be no where as difficult as the Rhino, but she didn't want to test it. The murky swamps here might actually be worse than the floor where the Hebi resided. The rain probably wasn't helping with that insight. Yuki was determined, however.

Soon, the duo reached the boss area. The wyvern patrolled it's territory as normal. Yuki was about to ruin it's day. As she approached with her charge, the Wyvern took notice of her and went on the offensive. It clawed into her chest, paying dearly for it's mistake. Yuki's HP took a dip too, but it didn't matter. Balling her fist, she threw a heavy punch with her free hand, slamming her gauntlet-shield into the lizards face. It looked dizzied.

image.png

Sea Wyvern: 162/300 (3*10)+54*2 | DMG: 300 | STUNNED

Night
Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN:100/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 204 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | BH: 54 | DoT -25%

What? DAY? Did somebody mention DAY?

NIGHT nearly stiffened as she approached the wyvern; she'd never fought in a hood before, and the woman was absolutely certain that she was likely to soil her housemate's garb, or tear it to shreds, or it would somehow get in the way of her movements, the damned thing. Even when she was withdrawing her sword from its sheathe, she'd half a mind to simply summon it to her hand instead, the cloth already making her fumble with the grasp of her blade. NIGHT uttered a silent curse, teeth nearly sinking into her lips as it'd left her, and when she darted forth --

Oh, lovely, of course.

-- she fell.

Face down into the lake, the blade clattering ahead of her and plunging itself deep into the water. With a slight rise, NIGHT pounded the ground with a balled fist.

This was the last time she'd call on her double for their own combat goods.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

> Combat takes place on a field that affects players evasion (-2 EVA).

ID: 155187 | BD: 4 (1, +3)
NIGHT missed!
> Heavy Momentum proc'd. (+3 DMG)

Sea Wyvern | HP: 162/300 | DMG: 300

[0] NIGHT | HP: 1195/1195 | EN: 112/114 (-2) | DMG: 24 (+3) | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3 | LD: 5 | PROSP: 3
[0] Zajcica | HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 90/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 204 | ACC: 2 | EVA: -3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | BH: 54 | DoT -25%

Night seemed to have lost her footing. Yuki wouldn't laugh at her, or berate her for a clumsy mistake. Yuki was the same, even if tanking had helped her perfect that one flaw. Nevertheless, there was still a battle in front of them, and she wouldn't be distracted. 

Calling upon a sword art, Yuki lights her blade pink with a low hum of energy. It wouldn't be as strong has her old spear, but as long as she was keeping up the aggro it wouldn't matter. Night need only to hit it to kill it off. The lightweight blade slashed through her target, leaving a gaping red hole across it's body. The bleed status effect had appeared over it's health bar and ticked the boss for it's assigned damage. Yuki had never felt more effective than she did right now. Enemies would tremble at her approach soon enough, for she had the holy protection to keep any one safe and she would continue to do so until her dying breath.

image.png

Sea Wyvern | HP: 114/300 (4*3)+36 | DMG: 300 | BLEED: 36[1/2]

[0] NIGHT | HP: 1195/1195 | EN: 112/114 (-2) | DMG: 24 (+3) | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3 | LD: 5 | PROSP: 3
[7] Zajcica | HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 90/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 204 | ACC: 2 | EVA: -3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | BH: 54 | DoT -25%

Okay, blade to her hand once more. NIGHT reached out her fingers to will it to her side, and politely it followed her orders. An exhale.

Now the wyvern was already weakened. This was a good thing, one would imagine, except that if it hadn't been for the player's misstep, it would've been dead by now. But bygones were supposed to be bygones, and NIGHT wanted to agree.

Her rage against fate had forced her to move instead. Her anger might be misplaced with the cloak -- the Gemini did willingly offer it, after all, and if it wasn't for that pleasant grin that they'd added onto the end of their gift, the player might've dismissed their offers for yet another practical joke upon her unprepared mind.

And yet, she was proven wrong. It had only been a fail of her footing, as it turns out, when NIGHT swung her blade against the field boss. Her strike had connected, allowing the creature to burst out into a scatter of crystals. The player's two feet finally landed in the mud again, taking the time to recover from her wavering confidence in DAY.

It didn't matter, she decided. At least they had their mission accomplished.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 155192 | BD: 6 (3, +3)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Sea Wyvern.
24 * 13 = 312 DMG

Sea Wyvern | HP: -150/300 (-312) | DMG: 300

[1] NIGHT | HP: 1195/1195 | EN: 104/114 (+1, -9) | DMG: 21 (-3) | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | REGEN: 30 | HM: 3 | LD: 5 | PROSP: 3
[7] Zajcica | HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 90/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 204 | ACC: 2 | EVA: -1 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | BH: 54 | DoT -25%

"As strong as ever Night. I'm sure that you'll annihilate things in the floor boss. I hope that we have the chance to fight with each other there." Yuki said as she turned to start making her way back to town. It wasn't possible for players to get sick in Aincrad, but she still didn't feel the best standing out in the cold windy rain of this floor. She sighed solemnly trying to relieve some of the stress on her mind.

"I'm a bit scared honestly. It's dangerous, I know. But I've never felt more ready than I have now. What do you think Night?" Yuki asked, looking up at the sky above. "I feel like if I don't go, there could be avoided casualties because I wasn't there to help. But I'm also scared that my inexperience will lead people to die if they fight with me.... Being a tank is stressful."

It was almost as though her voice had been stolen away from her when she was wearing this damned hood. Maybe it had? NIGHT mumbled something just to test out her speech -- but by then Yuki had already begun moving. She followed along behind her, allowing her sword to return to her inventory. Perhaps she'd feel better when the cloak was off. It would definitely make her housemate happy just to return it to their arms... soiled or otherwise.

What did she think of the boss fight? Honestly, NIGHT couldn't say. Knowing that six unadulterated players had made their way through the grit-breaking task of pounding a master of shadows into the dirt seemed rather lonely, for one. And though NIGHT had always made light of the players first to line up for death row, it aggravated her to no end that they hadn't gone into the trenches with an army full of people. What had they planned to do instead: hope to win, though it seemed more likely they would die?

A croak finally came out of her, one teeming with an unexpected nervous energy. "I-I think..." NIGHT coughed, taken aback by her wavering voice before she was able to continue. "I think you'll do fine. You're not the only tank that showed up to offer their services. And no one's going to blame you for turning tail if it gets too rough. But that's not likely to happen. We've got your back, remember?"

@Zajcica

Yuki thought on those words for a moment. She wasn't the only person going into this fight. She knew that, but somehow she kept letting the task of carrying her own weight fall into the laps of others. They all would be carrying their own as well, healing, killing and tanking along side her. Everyone walked into this boss with the intention that they could die, herself included. They all knew the risks. "You're right. I'm sorry for worrying you with such a stupid topic."

Giving her cheeks a light tap, the paladin wonders what the two should do now that this quest was finished. She wasn't exactly hungry and she wasn't sure how Night was feeling in the regard. Maybe a short break would be in order since they had just finished two quests within the last two days, but she didn't want to spend any time being lazy. "Wanna head back to my place and look for another quest to do?"

@NIGHT

No words to be spoken. NIGHT only gave her friend a nod as the duo approached the teleporter in town. The last patters of the twelveth's rain finally dissipated from her ears as a flash of light whisked them both to the twenty-second. NIGHT let out another sigh as she finally pulled away the hood from her face. DAY's robe was still cozy, if not a tad stained.

"Ugh, finally... I hate wearing this thing," she confessed, tugging loosely at the cloth she had on her form. "You mind if I wash this up at your place? It's on loan, and I'd rather not let the marks sit on a white piece of fabric." NIGHT only knew of the horror stories with shirts or shorts tracking mud. Even if the system was much more lenient on such things, the player absolutely did not want to take the risk.

Undermine her own side of the bond between DAY and her? No. NIGHT wasn't one to do that.

@Zajcica

The fresh air of Coral. Yuki took it in for a moment. It always felt great to be home.

Leading the way to the short walk out of town, the familiar shutters opened up to her home. The girl let out a relieved sigh as she stripped her armor off for a light kimono. It was only then she noticed another familiar face. @Crozeph was currently sleeping on her bedroom floor, making himself comfortable as usual. This boy could sleep on spikes if Yuki let him.

"I swear, this man really needs a bed." She says pulling her pillow and blanket from her bed. She came to her knees, lifted his head carefully and placed it under his noggin', After that, she placed the blanket over him. Once she had gotten him comfortable, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek, hoping that she hadn't disturbed his rest. 

Once that was done, Yuki looked over to Night with probably one of the most content smiles the darkened player had ever seen from her. "Wanna discuss some more quests to take care of then?"

@NIGHT

Sorry.

What?

NIGHT entered Yuki's estate with zero expectation of seeing another player lounging around her halls. And yet -- was that Crozeph? He'd splayed himself completely freely, spread across the floor like a rug. A drunk home invasion? No, alcohol was banned from Aincrad. But when the paladin only proceeded to treat him with absolute respect, it finally clicked for NIGHT what he was doing in her home.

"I swear, this man really needs a bed." 

What the fuck, she thought, pulling DAY's hood off herself. He really fucking does. "You mean he's staying here without one?" It was a tiny whisper, so much as to not wake the man up. How long had she been third-wheeling their various outings together? Yuki seemed to be okay with it, and given Crow's public nature, he might've been the oblivious type as well. So how'd this piece of information get past her? What? Huh?

"Wanna discuss some more quests to take care of then?"

NIGHT's only response was a glance at the figure fast asleep before her eyes shifted towards her tattered assembly. "Maybe-- maybe later...? Um-- when you've put him to bed...? Ah... where's the wash...?"

@Zajcica

Yuki reached out her hand, she only noticed how pure white it was after seeing it without armor on. "I'll take that and wash it for your friend. It was nice of them to lend it to you and I feel like I am partially to blame for it getting soiled." Once she had acquired the shawl, she took it into a room where she had some cleaning supplies, filled a tub and began to wash it. It wasn't often that players had to do these menial tasks, but Yuki enjoyed it well enough every so often. Once she had gotten the stains cleared, she hung the item on a hook to dry.

After all that was finished, the paladin lead her guest into the living room and started to make tea and edamame. She knew that was Night's favorite. "We've done great so far, and I'm not ready to slow down, honestly. I hope you're fine if we take up more quests as soon as possible. Also, don't worry about Crow. He prefers the floor over the bed, it annoys me, but that's how he is."

NIGHT felt a relief the moment the cloak left her hold, yet somehow watching it part with her gave her a shot of worry. "Thank you," she forced herself to say, following the woman out of the room in hopes of leaving Yuki's sleepy other half be. "And the onus is completely on me with that." Just for safekeeping, perhaps maybe she should get a matching piece?

--No. Nevermind. She was already keeling at the thought.

NIGHT busied herself with her interface, pulling open a few messages between her and her own broker. There weren't too many she'd kept on backlog now, but this was the time to break them all out and review them with a careful eye. While she was working, Yuki went over to the kitchen. Edamame and Tea? She really appreciated it.

"What about Return of the Queen?" It was something she'd already done, but the consumable was inviting. Maybe by sheer luck and coincidence Yuki wouldn't have completed that hunt yet.

@Zajcica

"Return of the queen would be an easy one, yeah. I also haven't completed it." The paladin said, finishing the tea and snacks in record time. She clanked a serving plate onto the kotatsu in her living room between the both of them that was free for grabs and served Night some tea. "I've also seen one named 'The Night's King'" She had to grin at the relation but continued. "It lowers your maximum damage to a set mark, but I don't think your dots will be affected so we'll be fine. There are also several other's that our unstoppable duo could easily beat, such as King of Lake's, which is on this very floor and the Monkey King which I could solo without a problem, but I want you to get the experience as well. Maybe we can bring Crozeph and help him level too." Yuki smiled popping one of the edamame in her mouth.

"Return of the queen would be an easy one, yeah. I also haven't completed it."

"I'd want the last hit drop from it, though I've already knocked out the hunt before. It'll be easy experience for you though."

"I've also seen one named 'The Night's King'."

"The-- excuse me?" NIGHT shot Yuki a questioning look, somewhat hesitant in her plucking of the bean from its stack. Was that title a compliment, or was it a challenge to her specifically? She hummed as her friend revealed her own findings on the matter, finally letting the beans sit in between her teeth.

"I'd bookmark that for myself as a joke. I'm going to have to pass on that one." She slid the pod out in between her lips, chewing on the beans methodically. "Even if it's something I've already done, I don't mind tagging along. It'll be fun to make quick work of a boss I've already taken out once. --I think Bloodstained Land is on my list too. Possibly alongside Ugzeke, or maybe the warring tribes on floor three..."

"Oh yeah!" Yuki jumped as Night brought up the most important quest. She needed to kill that boss for it's drop. "Let's do return of the Queen and Bloodstained Land next. Both of those quests net consumables that the both of us need to be at out maximum damage output! After those two, we can come back to here and work on our next set of quests." Yuki took another bite of the edamame and sipped up some of the tea.

"Like I said, we should bring Crow as well. I know he's as strong as us right now, but I don't want to leave him in the dust. I've kind of already done it to be honest, and I'm starting to feel bad about it." Yuki's scowl that she had wore thinking about the subject quickly faded though. "If we get him strong enough before everyone is prepared, then perhaps he can join us on th efront lines. I'm sure he would enjoy that."

She'd nodded at Yuki's excitement. If the two listed quests were of that much importance to either of them, it made sense that they would be near the top of their priority list. "Easy," NIGHT dropped, picking up another edamame from the pack. "Let's do it. We can even do it right after this."

"Like I said, we should bring Crow as well. I know he's as strong as us right now, but I don't want to leave him in the dust."

"Hmm?" Her eyes lit up at the thought of dragging someone new along for maximum efficiency experience gains. But just as likely as they would be helping out another player, it dawned on NIGHT that she was also be playing third wheel. Her short bite into her bean was one of hesitancy. As long as they weren't exactly publicly affectionate, she probably wouldn't feel alienated enough to leave.

Probably.

"Yeah, we can do that." Another bean ripped apart, its shell laid upon an empty bowl on the serving tray. "I didn't know Crow was that far behind us in terms of strength though. What's his current build like?"

@Zajcica

"Crow plays a skimisher type of build that can deal damage, and support other players. He needs more time to perfect his build, but that's why we have to bring him along." Yuki stood from her seat after downing the rest of her tea. "I'll collect the shawl that you were wearing and you can take it back to your friend if you need to. While you do that, I'll wake up sleepy head and get him ready to come along. Sound good? We can meet on floor five for the Shark boss or whatever it is then after that we move to the bees."

As she said, the girl walked out and grabbed the now dry cloak and handed it off to Night. Once that was out, she went to her better half and smiled. Lightly shaking him awake. "Hey, sleepy head. Wake up. We have somethings we need to do today." She gave him a warm smile.

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 3 Quest; 1 page; 1 event
Col: 400

<<Lightning Rod>> Grants a weapon a one turn paralysis effect on a critical hit. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.