[PP/F2] Breaking the Unbreakable

Having ascended a floor from the previous, the redhead stretches and awakens- feeling rather rejuvenated and productive after yesterday. She spends time thinking about how she had met her guildies, and how she had perused the documents containing helpful information about quests whilst heading to the ground floor of the inn and getting some coffee to consume at her leisure. Lounging on one of the comfy pieces of furniture, she props her feet up and takes a moment to enjoy the view of the mountainous landscape. She remembers something she had to do today that sort of awakens her internal anxiety (though unhelpful for actually awakening her). "Kiluia," Vie muttered verbally without fully realizing so. She shoots a lethargic message towards him confirming the impending meet up.

Just confirming- 10 am to scale the mountain, correct? Let's get some lunch together afterward or something, maybe fight yogi. I'm looking forward to it. c:

She rubs her eyes, waits for a response, and looks at the time. Around forty-five minutes to get to the starting point. Vie quickly consumes the rest of the beverage and manually moves herself out the door and towards the gathering point. 

Spoiler

Stats
Lvl: 4
HP: 80
ENG: 8
DMG: 2 (1 base + 1 skill)
MIT: 0
ACC: 0
EVA: 0

Equipment
Weapon: Rapier [Vanity]
Armor: Light Armor [Vanity]

Skills
One-Handed Weapons [R1]

Battle Ready Inventory
Consumables: Starter Healing Potions [3]

Edited by Vie

Ping. The young man had received a message from the guildie that had requested help previously. He had offered to assist her in any way which possible. When she had requested this quest, he knew he would do well since he had developed the skill previously with Kasumi and Haine. “Let’s see.” He was an early riser. He had a routine to get food started, baking, taking care of the familiars, and making sure Haine had food for breakfast and lunch when he was known to leave the house. His hands typed out a message for her to read.

“Hey. I’m already here. No worries though. Doing a little shopping on this floor so no rush..”

Without another moments notice, he was looking at the stalls at the city. The part of the city that was early to rise were the people who would put out fresh items for him to look through. He wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity to go a little shopping to replenish his voracious eaters at home. The man was nose deep in fruits looking and smelling to see which ones would be ripe and which ones would not be so much. He thought about it for a second and started to gather materials for them to have lunch. The boulder would probably make her hungry if she didn't maintain a good diet. Without a second thought, he began gathering bread, boar meat, cheese, and other assorted to make her a sandwich.

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 32
HP: 640/640
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 12
Mitigation: 41
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T2/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Rose Prism (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T2/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Vie hears the notification noise that meant she had a message in her inbox, but ignores it for a while. Out the door she went, the sun high though hidden by clouds, its beams no longer stretching down to the vast lands below as they had in the morning. The cycle of stretching, yawning, and rubbing her eyes continues until she reaches the foot of the mountain this so-called quest is supposed to be accepted upon. It is at this point that she opens the previously sent message, skims it, and thinks to herself 'Welp, I guess I'm a little early then.'
She considers heading back and getting another cup of caffeine, but decides it's for the best that she doesn't whilst swiping the text away and switching gears to thinking about sightseeing as she seemed to have some time on her hands. Deciding to take this time to test some of the game's mechanics, she made up her mind to scale a mountain. Though smaller than the other, it could provide useful information that would help scale the larger one with Kiluia without looking like a fool in front of him. Instead of taking time to relax at the foot of the landform, she begins her miniature off-course adventure. Having attempted to conquer rock climbing courses before, this wasn't necessarily an introduction to the concept of ascending things. And off she begun. First she reached up and grasped at a mound of sorts she judged as well-attached to the mountain, she had ended up grasping a ridged mucky-mossy but this didn't deter her completely (though it did gross her out slightly). She was now determined to ascend atop this mound. Next Vie searched for some kind of foothold and nestled her faux leather boot into the crevice she felt was more stable...

Time was moving at a relatively fast pace as he continued searching for certain food. When he was satisfied, he departed at the meeting spot where Vie had mentioned. This would be the second time these two would have a chance encounter. Where was she? He thought as he looked from side to side at first. He wasn’t that far from the meeting spot when he was shopping since it as within ear shot distance and he could see the gate. He wondered if the girl had wandered off doing something else while he was out doing his daily shopping.

Minutes went by and he pulled down his HUD. He sent her another message.

Hey. Where did you go?

He sent the message to her relatively quickly and waited patiently again. He was not in any rush just concerned she had gotten herself into some trouble. He was not too worried though. The monsters here were relatively on the low to none this close to the city. It would just be a chance that she was lost or doing something that would take up her time here with the quest.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Vie continued her ascent- a continuous cycle of grabbing onto a stone ledge, finding a foothold, and pulling herself up. By the twelfth rotation she got a rather loud notification ping which startled her. The bit of rock she was trying to pull herself up to reach was suddenly further away, the new foothold had broken unable to carry her weight- before she realized it she was descending, a clod of dirt coming with her. Time slowed and she was in a desperate panic- she situated her body in a position that would cause the least amount of harm to it and made a shocked face towards the clouds above her that seemed full of water as they had grown greyer than they had been previously. And- she hit the ground. Luckily she landed on her bottom rather than her head. Not too far from the foot of the mountain, she sees Kiluia and awkwardly laughs off her fall while standing back up. Sort of rubbing her head and blushing out of pure embarrassment, she closes the distance between them and speaks, "Sorry, were you waiting too long? I was a little early... So I thought I'd try to scale a miniature version of what we'll be climbing today... Turns out that wasn't such a bright idea."

He had noticed something tumble. At first, they were small pebbles. Then, he saw a red fiery girl fall from a high place. That was highly unexpected for him. He blinked several times before being met by her. Thank goodness the fall damage from height was not too bad when landing on the ground. If she fell off the edge of the world though, that would be of been a monument moment he did not want to witness.

As she closed the distance upon see him, he listened to her words.” Oh, I have been in town gathering materials. I figured I’d waste some time since usually in the morning they have fresh items for me to look at to upgrade cooking and see what I can copy for taste.” He looked at her and flashed a smile. He shook his head looking at her. “Are you sure that we are headed to the right summit? I went to this summit since it has a path. I don’t mind rock climbing if you want to."

As she gets closer and Kiluia begins to talk to her she responds to him with, "Ooh alright, I was wondering about where you were." A cheeky grin appeared on white-haired man's face as he spoke Vie slowly realized the mistake, her face reddens and she clears her throat "Uhm..." the redhead turns her head away slightly, trying to hide her embarrassment. "I may... have not noticed the path..." she stifles a laugh until it bursts, tearing up a little. Vie voices her self-deprecating nature aloud, "I'm a bit of a dummy at times..." wiping tears away. "Don't worry, now that we have the correct path, we can ascend," she says, trying to steer the conversation away from her error. Her feet move forward as she looks back, "What, too scared to join me or something? Slow poke," she pokes fun at Kiluia while sticking out her tongue in a playful manner and picking up the pace a little wondering if she had provoked him into a competition... In that case, Vie definitely didn't want to lose though she felt she might.

He glanced at her and tilted his head a moment. He tried to be subtle a bit but none the less it didn’t work out. He placed a hand on her head as he stood by her. “Nope. Not afraid to do anything so long as I’m not alone.” He smiled as he kept his little secret about being alone. He started walking up the path with her at side by side pace. Mistakes were made. He made quite a few of them when he was running around trying to make the best of things. Perhaps they two could at least become friends or something during this quest.

He looked at her and spoke. “When you joined the game, did you join alone?” He wanted to at least get a conversation started between the two. This was a good focal point. Discussing the game could lead to other potential other topics that would elaborate their lives or something to that extent.

Kiluia's hand was placed on her head, she stares at him pausing for a moment- her head spinning with thoughts despite her stillness. As he retracts his hand, Vie becomes unparalyzed and blushes slightly for a moment. Her hands roughly clasp the sides of her face twice and she returns back to "normal" (whatever that is, if that even exists). The redhead catches back up to him, keeping his pace even though her mind was racing. The white-haired male starts what seems to be his idea of a conversation, "Ahhh... lonesomeness a harsh topic for you I assume?" she says, speculating. "I was friends with a few beta testers, but I didn't know them personally," the girl explained. "How about you? How do you know Haine in the first place anyway? What sort of relationship do you have? " Vie asked, her curiosity eating at her as her now-widened eyes shimmered. She thought of many other questions, but she wasn't brave enough to ask any of them aloud, instead continuing towards the hut alongside Kiluia.

He wouldn’t burden her about what had happened to him recently. He glanced at her with a smile. “Since we were kids.” He walked casually up the sloping path. He evaded certain rocks before looking back at her. They had undergone a lot of things as of late being ultimately together majority of the time. It was indeed something he did not mind though. He placed both hands into his pockets before speaking to Vie. “We are together. Boyfriend and girlfriend.” He looked over at her. “I guess loneliness played a large portion in my life. Fake friends. It didn’t really matter to me.” He gave a light shrug as he looked at the hut in the distance closing in but not fast enough. “She means the world to me.” He smiled cheerfully.

“Well… you can get to know us personally. Its not like we have anything to hide.” He commented on her previous statement. “I know we both need to get out and spread our wings but the guild is used for that. So we like to meet people.” He looked over at her. “You cool with that?”

"I can... relate. The majority of my "friends" in reality were there for the sake of sponging off good grades and such, so they weren't real ones. The only actual friends I've ever had are online ones," She spoke smiling as she neared the end of her dialogue. Her pace slowed down as she tried to catch her breath seeing the slope coming to a halt only a little further out. By the way Kiluia talked of the bluenette, you could tell he was quite fond of her- that their love is true. Vie felt some form of acceptance wash over her, each of them deserved such a wonderful relationship. "You're really lucky to have Haine- I'm sure it's absolutely blissful to relax with someone you love wholeheartedly," the redhead said in a sincere manner. "Am I cool with what, meeting new people? I... suppose I'm not opposed to it." Vie acted confused towards his question and laughed awkwardly a bit. "Hey, is it alright to be friends? Allies? To hang out together with you and Haine? I wouldn't be some sort of third wheel, would I? It's just... scary to be alone, to feel alone in this world. Though it's fantastical, it's also... deadly. I feel like I'd grow by your two's side, if you don't mind of course." she asked, a wizard at asking sincere questions that seemed perhaps a little too forward and real. She continued what felt like a lengthy ascent until- finally, finally, they had reached the foot of the hut. The girl sighed in relief.

Third wheel? He had two familiars that were up their asses majority of the time since they were babies. He could not help but smile bigger and look at her. “Loneliness is difficult. I have seen it firsthand myself… I hope you’ll take us on our offer.  You would not be the third wheel. Haine seems to have taken a liking to you and I would like to see you not to be so lonely. I welcome you to our house on the 6th floor.” She was honest to a fault. “Thank you. She has saved me a variety of times. I think I’ve lost count so far.” He pondered.

Their approach to the hut was imminent. He pointed at the NPC gentleman standing out by the doorway of the hut. His eyes turned looking at the big boulder. It was time for them to go ahead and fight the rock once more. He shook his hands loosening up his limbs before he would tear into the boulder.” Just leave it to me when we start.” He smiled. “This quest is terrible solo.”

The redhead watches as Kiluia raises and points with his index finger towards the NPC, she nods and interacts with the male that has taken up residence at the peak of an extremely steep mountain for some unknown reason. The NPC tells Vie that she must split the boulder that's nearly as tough as an immortal object with her fists. He puts whisker-like marks on her cheeks with paint that Vie attempts to rub off, realizing that she cannot get it off. "They cannot be removed until the boulder is split," the male says, watching her movements. She returns to the white haired man's side while blushing slightly. "I... don't look weird do I? -Nevermind... let's just obliterate this thing," she's determined to get the paint off her face while hoping it really isn't permanent. The girl holds her fists around upper-torso level, a little unsure as to the proper stance to take or anything like that as she wasn't experienced in any physical fighting sorts of combat- nor combat in general honestly. Despite this, she attempts to run at the boulder and karate chop it hoping that it won't look foolish to Kiluia... And success! Vie manages to create a small scratch on the boulder, though this wasn't much she definitely felt some form of accomplishment after hearing that it's essentially an IMMORTAL OBJECT. Vie does a little victory fist bump in the air and looks at her friend as if hoping she'd be given some form of praise.

Spoiler

Vie attacks! ID# 159471 BD:4, Hit!

Players

Kiluia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 41 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 24 | REC: 1
Vie | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8 | DMG: 2

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 49/50 | EVA: -2

Boulder takes 1 DMG

Edited by Vie

A slight smile crossed his face at the whiskers that appeared on her face. He shook his head as he spoke to her. “Not at all. I did look weird with it on though. Girls look like cute cats. Guys look like ugly ogres gone wrong.” He spoke to her. He stood back looking at the strike the rock. With a little bit more form, she would be able to do things like he could if she worked at it. “Good first strike, Vie. With a little more work, you’ll strike it like a pro and help others.” He grinned at her with a clap.

Next, it was his turn. He placed his palm on the flat smooth surface of the boulder. It had been awhile since he done this but he had no regrets changing into this. His fingers touched the spot where she had struck in the first place. He would use this as his point of impact since she marked where she wanted to strike it. He placed his fist on that spot and punched it from an inch away like he did last time. The impact was bigger like Kasumi did the first round when she had struck it. The boulder shuddered from the strike causing it to form a small crater. “Hup!” He managed out. He then looked at her and backed up. “Your turn, Vie.” He offered her a soft smile.

Spoiler

image.png.ee300b77504c379b956140d5b6796e8b.png

Players

Kiluia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 41 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 24 | REC: 1
Vie | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8 | DMG: 2

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 37/50 | EVA: -2

Boulder takes 12 dmg

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

The word 'cute' echoed through her mind until she returned from spacing out... And Kiluia's attack turn was over. She glances over his mark and does a doubletake, completely stunned by how much he had managed to crack the boulder. A mediocre crevasse had now been  engraved into the object, While she made just a... scratch? She blushed and tilted her head downcast, embarrassed at the difference in their strength. "A-Alright Kiluia," Vie responded trying to seem as cheerful as ever while feeling a little disheartened internally. The redhead tries an alternate technique, balling up her fist and attempting to punch the boulder- something she was hesitant to do at first. She had hit it! The hit was a little harder than the last even. Yet why did she feel so unsuccessful, so... futile in this moment. The idea of being carried through this, it sort of hurt her as if she was completely incapable until a male had come to save her. Someone more capable. She tried to shrug it off, but a growing cloud of disappointment floated over her nonetheless.

Spoiler

Vie attacks! ID# 159704 BD: 10, Crit Hit! (+2)

Players

Kiluia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 41 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 24 | REC: 1

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 34/50 | EVA: -2

Boulder takes 3 DMG

Edited by Vie

He reached over and touched the spot they had been working on together. Her strike was indeed harder than her first one. She had indeed performed a critical upon the boulder. He looked over at her and spoke to her. “Good job! When I did this, I didn’t hit a critical on it. Kasumi and Haine were with me helping me out with this boulder.” He rubbed the spot one more time before closing his eyes. Right hand clenched into a fist as he stabilized his breathing. He lowered his stance a little bit to aim at the crevice. Finally, he let out his breath and swung a full overhand arc punch into the crevice.

The boulder shook once more at the impact of his punch. It reminded him of how Kasumi hit in several different ways. He glanced at her once more. “I’ll have to introduce you to Kasumi sometime. She was the one who helped me out not too long ago when I could barely touch the surface of the boulder. Haine and I were kinda dumbstruck at her power.” He looked up at the sky thinking while making out shapes of the clouds. “I think I can go toe to toe with her now.” He looked at her with a smile. “And you’ll do the same in the future against me.” He backed up for her to give her room.

Spoiler

image.png.f1486e38795be9454e28e9bf1a4d9c2b.png

Players

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 22/50 | EVA: -2 

Boulder takes 12 DMG

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

After hearing Kiluia refer to the person who had helped him, Vie feels a little better about her inability to hit the boulder as well as he did. "That sounds nice... I'd like to get to know her, maybe develop better technique or something," Vie spoke while finnicking with her hands and acting a little happy... Whispering 'maybe I have a chance too' inaudibly. "Do you really think that's a possibility? I mean... you're pretty strong," the girl tilts her head, really wondering if she could surpass him that easily. She remembers the task at hand, focusing her attention on the boulder and clenching her fists as they had worked out well for her last time. The redhead throws a one-fisted strike at the boulder, hoping that it hits as well as the last attack. She lands it! Though it doesn't do as much damage as the first strike, the small dent makes her feel excited about the possible future, it's the mark she made afterall. With her own fists... That must mean something.

Spoiler

Vie attacks! ID# 159714 BD: 5, Hit!

Players

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 21/50 | EVA: -2

Boulder takes 1 DMG

Edited by Vie

He was analyzing Vie the entirety of the conversation. Her words, actions, and body language were speaking volumes to him as he touched the stone. “There are two things you need to consider. The first thing you need to consider is your drive. What is it you want to do with this? Do you want to protect? Do you want to leave the game? Or do you want to surpass me? The second thing you need to consider is are they important enough to your heart to keep going.” He looked at her with a soft gaze “The thing about all this is, there is no real right answer. Its about you. It will always be about you. There is no one in this world who will know how much you truly want something except yourself.”

He patted the boulder and swung at it. He missed the surface slipping slightly. “And as you can see, I have plenty of room to improve myself. I can teach you to be like me in terms of fighting… But its up to you what path you decide to take. For the sake of what my reason is, I don’t want Haine fighting alone on the front lines.” He looked back at Vie once more. “Despite how ferociously strong she is, she can only do so much. She isn’t weak but also I shouldn’t be depending on her to save the day.” He patted the surface of the boulder. “This isn’t about breaking the boulder. It’s about what lengths you’ll do to get what you’ll achieve.” This was the most he had spoken to anyone other than Haine or Lessa. Raidou and him had a brotherly relationship so their conversations were short and sweet. Vie was different. "And I'll be there to help you if you want my help." Of course, he would offer help to her.

Spoiler

image.png.443245442c21f340ab8b6f48fa640638.png

Players

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 21/50 | EVA: -2

No damage.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

She spends time thinking about what Kiluia had said, and comes to the conclusion that she really has no drive at the moment. It's not that she's unambitious, rather she hadn't thought about it much before. The redhead wanted to repay the kindness shown to her by Firm Anima, but she didn't know an exact way of repaying that... Perhaps that was her drive? Friends were nice, but she didn't really have them in this world- not many of them at least. Was that strong enough of a purpose? She ponders a little more. No one had ever asked her what she wanted, they'd just done things without asking or left her to do them regardless of her feelings. This seemed like an important thing to know, but it also felt like she didn't have the necessary ingredients to properly reply. Maybe she ought to do some self exploration.

Vie watches in awe as Kiluia swings at the boulder nonchalauntly... Missing. Laughter escapes her, not expecting the strong male to miss. "Thanks for cheering me up as well as giving me some food for thought," she said a bit teary-eyed though she had tried her best to halt the release of giggles. "And... thanks for offering the help," the words flowed out of her mouth eloquently as she tilted her head and gave a smile to the him. She already appreciated the words she'd gifted to her quite a lot. If they had this much of an effect on her, certainly his idea of help would surely be extremely effective.

After the motivational conversation, she focuses back to the task at hand- again determined to make a crack that was as effective as his had been. The girl moves towards the boulder, whacking it in the same spot she had previously. This hit was sort of... above mediocre but pretty underwhelming still. Nonetheless, she took it in stride- happy to at least not miss the boulder. Remembering Kiluia's attack she laughs a bit more though attempting to cover it up with her hands. What a goofy yet admirable man.

Spoiler

Vie attacks! ID# 159788 BD: 9, Hit! (+1)

Players

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 19/50 | EVA: -2

Boulder takes 2 DMG

Edited by Vie

He was evaluating how he would strike the boulder next. He gazed upon her as she spoke. Her thoughts about being cheered up and the food for thought portion made him smile a bit. He wasn’t going out of his way to cheer her up. It was the truth. Everyone needed a little guidance here or there and she looked like she needed to clear up her path. Her focus was intense now as he gazed upon her strike. Her form was starting to form now and it was clear there was a little bit more motivation there. When his turn came around, he tripped and missed the rock. He frowned slightly as he kicked the little dirt pile. His finger actually touched the boulder and it counted. He sighed slightly as it took up his turn.

Amber eyes glanced over at her and gestured toward the rock again. “Seems like its going to be my unlucky day but its good practice for you.” He laughed a bit. “One day, you’ll be helping me and I will return the favor once again. The most of us usually go ahead and get things done together. I hope you’ll join us in the future. It’d be fun and you’ll meet more people.”

Spoiler

image.png.64185233f23d856db6f89942f90cd4fd.png

Players

Enemies

Boulder | HP: 19/50 | EVA: -2

No DMG

Edited by Kiluia Seiko