[PP|F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> New Faces

Having heard rumors of an easy quest about some armor, Chase's interest was piqued and he'd decided to investigate for himself. As he entered the third floor, he asked around for the exact location of the NPC with the quest flag- he already knew it existed because of Shay having mentioned it once before, too. She'd also stated just how easy that would be, with the dark elf taking little effort to take care of at his level now. Regardless, he eventually found the blacksmith's shop and when asked to pick what armor he wanted, he stated heavy armor. He already had some perfect light armor, so why not settle for more.

He wasn't sure of the quality of the armor, but just in case it was just as good, he could switch into it- although knowing the quests and their rewards, it'd probably be rather disappointing of a reward in the end. The boy was just done receiving the list of materials the Dark Elf he was meant to chase would drop, exiting the shop and opening his menu up to look at them on the quest log. "Hm... These must be unique to the quest then. I see. No biggie, I'll get it done and get my skill points all the same."

@Kiluia Seiko @Haine

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 19
HP: 380/380
EN: 38/38

Stats:
Damage: 10
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Cloud Cutter>> (T1/Perfect/2HSS): DMG III
Armor: <<Sky Blue Apparel>> (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I; REC II
Misc: <<Warm Earmuffs>> (T1/Perfect/Trinket): ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
T1 Rare Health Potions (heal 40HP)*5
Field Rations*1
Immolation Potion*1
Spyglass (3/3)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Time to waste time for the day! He thought as he walked around the third floor looking for prime ingredients. It was a special type of meal he wanted to prepare for Haine but of course the stalls were limited in their stock today. He had arrived a smidge too late to pick the good stuff. A sigh crossed his lips as he continued making his rounds. He had managed to give Haine the slip when she was preoccupied with a particular stall, he pointed out that carried some pink earrings.

Just as he was rounding a corner, he managed to catch the last bit of the conversation of coordinates he vaguely remembered. His eyes refocused from searching to looking at the young man before him. He spoke to Chase. “Are you talking about a quest?” He didn’t even introduce himself. He was more in tune with the quest than introducing himself.

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 33
HP: 660/660
EN: 66/66

Stats:
Damage: 13
Mitigation: 41
Accuracy: 2
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T2/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Rose Prism (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T2/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Lately, the couple was a package deal. Often times they'd tagged along with each other on quests, for mundane tasks... today was one of such days. She rounded the corner, fascinated by a stand of jewelry. Surely enough, there was those cute, pink earrings. They had a hefty price to pay, however. She gaped at the price tag and walked off. "Tch', forget that! Friggin' rip offs." She whipped her head around, her cheeks flushing as she was still within an earshot of the NPC vendor. They established eye contact at her remark, and with that she scurried over to Kil's side. She hooked her arm around his, dragging him away from that general area. 

Just as they'd rounded the corner, she was preoccupied with the other stalls until her love came to a halt. She whipped her head around to the boy and his name tag. Kiluia had struck conversation with the other. She waved at him and beamed. "Do I smell a quest?"

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 53
HP: 1090/1090
EN: 100/106

Stats:
Damage: 16
Mitigation: 66
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:

Divine Piercer - Aqua [Weapon]: Damage 2, Bleed 1
Heart's Container - Aquilia [Light Armor]: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Osiris's Grips [
Trinket]: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter HP Potions (+50 HP)*3

Housing Buffs:

Bedroom ( Rested ) -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat

Basic Workshop ( Working ) -  +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Slime farm ( Basic training ) +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month. Must be used on a player's first post in a thread. Cooldown begins counting down when used in a post.

Fishing Pond ( Angler ) +1 material gained when fishing

Guild Hall Buffs:

Trading hall

Every member of Firm Anima receives an additional +2 EXP for each craft. +5 to salvage recovery LD's. (10+ for alchemy crystals, 6+ for others). If you are rank 9 you also get +1 crafting attempt/day. If you are rank 10 you get +2 crafting attempts/day.

Treasury

+5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Storage Vault

Allows a guild to create a Storage Vault in their Guild Page. Members can use this thread to store and withdraw items. Any items that have trading restrictions cannot be moved to a Storage Vault.

Guild Bank

Allows the Guild Owner to promote one member (or themselves) to 'Treasurer'. This unlocks access to a Guild Bank spending account.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

The bluehead's mumbling came to a halt as he turned to look at Kiluia, opening his mouth as if to speak before seeing Haine pop up as well. He began to sweat a bit, starting to feel nervous and taking a step back, closing his menu. He almost instinctively reached for his sword, resting his left hand on its hilt while keeping it sheathed and at the ready on his waist, giving an awkward and incredibly forced smile. "S-Something like that. Yeah."

Although he doubted it, he didn't have much else to say, and in an attempt to make everything much less awkward, he blurted out, as stupid as it was. "You too?". He wasn't fond of people creeping up on him, or sets of eyes on him in general all that much. Last time that'd happened, he wasn't even aware he was in a safezone and almost attacked the player out of surprise. His eyes were quickly scanning both of them, noticing just how well equipped they appeared to be. "They're probably stronger than me... Much stronger, yeah.", he thought to himself with a small frown before giving a piercing gaze at the male once more.

He shook his head looking at Chase. “I’m looking for something to do in a bit. I’m down to help out if you’d like? I’m sure my girlfriend here would tag along too.” She was already beside him talking about a quest. Talking was a skill he used constantly in the real world. It was something undoubtfully useful here for him to inquire about information and to get ahead of the game. “Apologies. My name is Kiluia and this is Haine. If you need some company, we are definitely down for something to do.” He spoke with a smile on his face.

Soon, he turned to Haine. He slipped his fingers between hers and spoke. “What did you think of those earrings?” They were definitely her style but he had to get an idea if it would be something she would wear before he would commission a pair sometime to match the ring he wanted. It was a great distraction for her since he was trying to be discreet about it.

She nodded along as her love spoke. He did most of the talking then, with her mind traveling in tangents. She looked at the boy. He seemed young, around her age, seemingly introverted from the way he stuttered. He seemed to avoid their gaze a little. Were they intruding upon him? She kept a bright smile nonetheless, to hear what he would have to say. "Yes, what this fella' over here said. We'd be glad to tag along!" One would question her incentives whenever she approached people offering assistance. To her, she did it from the good of her heart. Everyone here, in one way or another, was working towards the same goal. It felt morally just to reciprocate when she'd gotten this far from the help of some kind players herself. Were it not for them, she wouldn't be standing here, so it was why she didn't mind being of use.

Kil's question had her starting. "Beautiful, but ridiculously overpriced." She t'ch'ed with a shake of her head. "But it was beautiful..." her bottom lip curled into a pout. She rocked their fingers ever slightly.

Edited by Haine

"... I don't need any of their help and I don't want to look weak... But I could do with learning how to cope with others... I can't keep with Shay for the rest of my stay here and help finish the game like that.", the boy gave it a bit of thought. After a moment of silence, hearing what they were talking about by the side, he took a deep breath before offering an even more forced smile and tense stare. "Sure. I'll take you two with me."

Although he did awkwardly accept their assistance, more so to get used to talking much better, he furrowed his eyebrows and just slightly more comfortably offered. "I can make them probably. I'm an Artisan.", he added from out of nowhere, feeling indebted to at least offer since he'd be bothering them with such an easy quest. It honestly felt kind of embarrassing all in all, but he'd just suck it up and deal with it.

Seeing the young man gave it some thought made him realize that it could very well be an intrusion on their behalf. When he answered, he gave a sigh of relief. “Thank you for considering us. I highly appreciate it.” He gave a smile to him once more. “Oh? That would be nice but right now I am just having her look at certain things. I’ll take you up on that offer if she decides she wants them.” Despite being friendly, the two did not explore much of company outside the guild. There were a variety of reasons but none of them still made it legit for them to not want to go out.

“The two of us are trying to make more friends for the future. We’d like to form memories since we are here and it is a part of our lives. So, thank you for letting us join you. May I ask what the quest is?” He would inquire from him.

@Haine

Seeing the young man reminded her of her younger days in the death game. She'd been more involved with Firm Anima lately, her circle considerably smaller than before. She'd lost touch with many old friends, and as wistful as the memories were, the past was the past. Once a vagabond now established, she'd found her world molding around her. It would do well for her to reach out there again, create more connections. She held back and let Kiluia do most of the topic, nodding along.

The mention of a quest perked her attention. She turned her attention to... ChaseR? His words were tentative but he appeared friendly enough. He was engaging the conversation. "We can be your shield," she interjected, with a nod of confirmation. Her mind wandered back to the set of pink earrings. They were adorable pink crystal studs, it was a shame they were so hefty in price.

Hearing what Kiluia had to say, the boy gave a small nod. He kind of understood where they were coming from. Being stuck in here, especially having been active for much more than the two days he'd picked his sword up for... "They live in this world, while I'm still getting used to it. Probably have been for a while now, judging by how integrated they seem to the whole system... As much as I hate to find new company to keep around, they'd certainly do be a handful getting information and some good training..."

The bluenette awkwardly remained silent for a bit, lost in deep thought before he snapped out of it, shaking his head slightly. "Worn Out Welcome. Some weak dark elf.", he replied before turning to look at Haine who just now spoke up to him. "If I don't get into danger, I won't learn myself.", he turned down her offer, although with a serious expression. As risky as it sounded, he was well aware the quest was nothing to be scared of, and he wanted some combat experience for himself as well. Being shielded by others constantly wouldn't do him much good after all.

He listened to both of their comments and he gave a nod. He had done this quest in a prior situation to help a guildmate but he did not know if Haine had done this quest. He pondered for a moment before looking at the young man. “That is a good answer. Too many people hide in their holes now afraid of what may come. I was one of those people.” Learning was something that he insisted now. He was one of those people ho had suffered tremendously trying to find an alternate way out of the game before being absorbed into the monument.

Soon, he made movements to where they had to go. He was familiar enough of the quest since it was freshly done. “Do you solo a lot?” He inquired walking with the two. His eyes remained forward to keep an eye on the path before them. “I don’t like doing many things solo unless I have to. I’d prefer to be surrounded by people. It keeps it interesting and they also keep you alive.”

The quest was one that floated around, but she hadn't taken the liberty to try it yet. Today would be the first. She nodded respectfully at ChaseR's decline. Sometimes the best way to grow is to throw one's self into the fray. Kiluia's words brought back memories, she could attest to having that mind set initially. It took a lot of confrontation to break the mold and gain momentum.

She matched the two men in stride, humming a catchy tune as she listened to them converse. The weather was optimal for combat that day, clouds buffering the sun's rays, yet leaving enough sunlight to keep things bright. Haine was fortunate for that, she dreaded combat in sweltering weather. Anyone in the party would have to tolerate her incessant nagging.

"I prefer groups too. Everyone has a role, it packs an extra punch when we come together." She thought of her guild mates, Shiina and Sam in particular. The two fire crackers kept her on her toes, there was never a dull moment in battle.

Listening to what the both of them said, they had a point. But having turned down Ariel's invitation to a school, essentially just a larger group, he already knew teamwork was a burden he didn't want to take on his own shoulders with that many people involved. He always felt the pressure of his peers' expectations weigh him down when it mattered the most. "Solo..? N-No, I've a friend. But I do some quests alone, I guess.", he mumbled and looked by the side, realising how weird it was to try explaining this to somebody else for once.

The two seemed to be happy to have been in a group. He understood where they were coming from, as you could feel safer and more skilled than you may really be, contributing to a greater goal, but... It depended on the team, really. "Are you two a group too then?", the boy questioned with an eyebrow raised, slowly coming to a stop and reaching for his sword as he signalled the two to stay back, seeing something move in the distance. A tad bit overdramatic knowing the monster's overall strength, but... It was what it was.

The way he had explained the way he worked seemed like he was dealing with private ordeals. The speech and body language were weaving their own tale. The question he imposed was something he would easily answer. “Yeah. We are a team. I would not wish for a more trustworthy partner. When you find that, don’t let go.” He looked over at Haine then back at ChaseR. The trio wasn’t that far from the mark of the quest. He had good instincts as he watched ChaseR’s stance.

Kiluia stopped his movements and gripped his wrappings around his fists. He was already poised to attack waiting patiently for the creature to come forth. He wouldn’t make a first move. This was indeed ChaseR’s quest and his alone. He wanted the young man to go ahead and take care of business. It was their stance to assist if anything were to become overwhelming.

The young man gave off the impression of an introvert. She didn't mind it one bit, he seemed friendly and attempted to converse. She'd known a few players who stirred away from guilds, each with their own reasons. She commended them for their perseverance, it was no easy feat to grind without an abundance of support. Kiluia's comment warmed Haine's heart as she giggled softly. "Yes, you and me both."

She glanced over at the bluenette's marker, seeing that they were nearing the quest location then. The chit-chat faded out as all eyes were drawn to the dark elf. The sound of their footsteps crunching had alerted the foe of their arrival. Haine materialized her spear and stood on stand by, eyes alert. She would respect his choice to fight alone, but if need be, she was ready to join the fray. A menacing aura and a mist of dark matter emitted from the creature's body.

Edited by Haine

With a deep breath, he slowly pulled his blade out of its sheathe and closed his eyes, taking on a more battle-appropriate stance with his sword just slightly above the ground. After an exhale, he began to run towards the monster, which prepared for battle all the same. Ignoring the aura and the mist around the creature, he was quick to use a sword art as his blade started to glow a dark purple. Then, he swept at the enemy thrice, weaving in a few thrusts in between his attacks to finish the job.

Before he could even pull his blade back and jump away, the monster had disappeared with a familiar to him blip of its HP dropping to zero, getting a frown out of him. "S-Seriously that easy..? No kidding then, eh...", he thought to himself discouraged as he scratched the back of his head with one hand, looking over his shoulder at the other two. "So... Are you a couple?", he blurted out, rather nonchalantly for the nature of his question and his straightforwardness.

image.png.4401851d6f902a0920e5e2b77938e575.png

ChaseR: HP: 380/380 | EN: 33/38 (-7, +2) | DMG: 10 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2
Dark Elf: HP: 0/12 (-12) | DMG: 9

Edited by ChaseR

The straightforward nature of ChaseR’s question was refreshing. It wasn’t like he hadn’t seen it before. There were a variety of players who had that nature that he had recently met. This was not the first nor last. When the crystals faded after his attack, he spoke to ChaseR. “Nicely done.” He clapped softly to him. Of course, he didn’t want to bring unnecessary drama from creatures skulking about. “Yep. Haine and I are a couple. We live together and go on quests together. It brings a sense of normalcy back to us since we came here.” He explained to ChaseR. “It gives a sense of relief to go back and create something from before but experience it with her brings me more joy.”

The quest was done. They would just have to walk back now to the town but take it slow. He would probably end up looking for treasure or something along the way. Their happened to be something he could use with cooking. An apple. He picked it up casually and tucked it into his inventory.  While he had his menu open, he shot a friend request over to ChaseR.If you need anything, just message me or Haine.”

Spoiler

image.png.c61f340849821b9a2e536cfc24cf28f9.png

Gathering Material 1 x Material t1

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Just as swiftly as the battle began, it ended. ChaseR charged in with a swing, the dark elf materializing into nothingness. She stored her glaive and shot him a thumbs up. "Nice one, Chase!...R, Can I call you Chase?" She scratched the back of her head. Haine stifled a giggle at ChaseR's question. She figured he knew from the body language between the couple that they were together. "Yeah, what this fella' said," she jested, nudging Kiluia's side. "He's my player two."

A brief moment of silence transpired, and on cue, Kil sent the other man a friend request. "Ah, I almost forgot!" She added, swiping through her HUD. Two friend requests chimed in. "Yeah, It's been real! Just hit us up if you'd like some company." She smiled warmly. "Cool hair by the way. Us bluenette's have to stick together." Odd commentary but she meant it nonetheless. The cool breeze brushed against her cheeks, a few strands falling over her eyes. She tucked them behind her ears and clasped her hands.

With a nod, it felt good to have a positive impression of these two. They didn't seem or act suspicious in any way and were nothing but helpful despite his sometimes crass attitude. He was getting slightly overwhelmed however with the friend requests along their friendly attitude. "A-Ah, right. Will do, if I'm not with Shay.", he reassured them on the offer from Haine, giving a very awkward laugh before giving a shy nod at her compliment. "Kind of blue over all, eh..? Hehe... heh...", he mumbled lowly as a bit of a joke, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"S-Say, what levels are you two..?", he continued once he'd gestured them to start heading back towards the safezone, letting out a sigh and quietly stuffing his hands in his pockets, looking over his shoulder to the couple as he awaited for an answer. "They're certainly not bad people, but... I should get used to this, sheesh... W-Wait, the friend requests!", he panicked a bit and opened up his menu to quickly accept them, having forgotten to do so before. "Much better... I-I think..?"

He felt that the young man was similar to him ages ago. It was like a younger version of him and that caused him to smile slightly. He moved with the two as they stood at the entrance together. He spoke to him as the two joked. “It was a pleasure meeting you and of course I would love to catch up again later in life! “ He was happy that the young man accepted their requests. “I am currently level 33 and she is currently 53.” He answered his question. He hoped that wouldn’t deter him from asking for help or hanging out.

With that, he would give a slight wave to ChaseR. “Good luck on your next adventure. I hope you do well and just shoot us a message sometime.” With that, the duo would depart from ChaseR heading back home. “I’ll make something special tonight for us and the familiars.”

Thread Complete!

ChaseR 
4 SP Earned, 133 Col,  Leather Coat
Haine
4SP Earned 133 Col
Kiluia

2 SP Earned 133 Col

Edited by Kiluia Seiko