[F5-PP] To Be Continued... (Blood in the Sand)

Eruda takes the early mornings to herself. Instead of going to the hall right away, she tries to sort out her thoughts. Looking through her HUD messages once more, there were none of those messages that she swore she saw. It has been days since she realized this. Was Eruda going crazy from being in this game for so long or was something actually wrong with Freya? Eruda sents another message which was probably dumb seeing how she sent like 5 others already with no response. Eruda couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Tears started to form in her eyes, wiping her eyes before the drip, she gathers her things from her shop and heads out. With haste, she practically runs to the quest board to find a distraction. Accepting at random hoping it wasn't too hard to do, she sends a guild message saying:

Join me on this quest! Floor 5...I really need the support right now!

Eruda

Sending the message she skims over the details of the quest and heads to the floor that the quest was on. Eventually getting there and arriving on floor 5, she waits for any responders as she tries to keep her emotions to herself. She needed this...being in combat helped her get rid of her thoughts even if it is just for a moment of silence.

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 29
HP: 580/580
EN: 58/58

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 89
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Gaius was simply just taking in the scenery of the floor, traveling around to see what Aincrad had to offer in an aimless journey. The desert was hot and humid, so much so that Boris scurrying behind the dragoon was panting rather feverishly. "You doin' ok dude?" he remarks looking over his shoulder at the tiny bear, who despite how fast it had to move looked rather content. "If you need a break, just growl or something." not sure if the ball of fuzz could understand him at all. Wandering back within the walls of the city and producing a dinner roll from his inventory he takes to a watering hole and tosses a piece to Boris who quickly devours it with smacking lips.

A notification on his HUD alerts him for a moment. "Damn this thing is always ringing, like a needy girlfriend." as he looks through the opacity he sees the blonde tank screwing with the quest board. "Yo Miss Leader, what you up to?" noticing a bit of redness coating the rims of her eyes despite the distance. A choice is made with his followed response: "You deaf or something?"

Gaius | HP:440/440 | EN:44/44 | DMG:11 | H.M.:2 | L.M.:2 | REC:1

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 22
HP: 440/440
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 11
H.M.:2
L.M.:2
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HAS] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Base Damage]
Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Disguise

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Cataloging some information obtained via Kasumi into the map of floor 2, a few more nodes to harvest from along with a location of a goblin encampment as to not catch any guild members off guard. Knowledge was an excellent way to not be caught unprepared, being a step ahead of what you face was an easy way to drastically change the outcome of a situation. A loose pen scratches along a white sheet of parchment, the lenses on his face reflecting the light around him concealing his eyes from those who would look on. Behind him, a few members of the guild were planning their own endeavors, a fact he couldn't be prouder to see.

His HUD rings with a message leaping from the blonde tank to all of the guild. It seemed off in comparison to others she had sent before. Finishing the additions to the topography he sets down the utensil and retrieves his robe from the back of the guild masters chair with his left while transcribing a message with the other:

I'll be there momentarily.

~Raidou

Raidou consumes Artisan Carrot Cake (+2 Accuracy)

Raidou | HP:1250/1250 | EN:117/122 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:62

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 61
HP: 1250/1250
EN: 122/122

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
BH:62
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
<<Darkness Salve>>*3
Eye of Midas - Larceny [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Prosperity
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Eruda was messing with the quest board and then her HUD again, looking at the messages that were not there. Hear someone yelling at her now as she didn't notice before she looked up ready to yell back but then saw Gaius. "Deaf no confused yes..." she didn't have to energy to yell right now. "I am doing this quest if you want to come. I chose it at random so let me check..." as she opened her quest navigator to look at what she had picked up. "Wow, that..." she starts to say as Raidou's message pops up. "We will wait for Raidou and then we will do this thing. It looks to be a Sand Shark??? Honestly, we could take it on by ourselves but our main tank could use the levels." She was hiding the fact that she had to talk to Raidou to see if he knew anything weird going on. She knew that Raidou has been around on all types of floors given his level already. Maybe Raidou has seen Freya...Eruda begins to tear up again with a small sniffle from the tears that have already shed. "Dam it Freya why do you have to be missing," she angrily says as she wipes the wetness from her eyes yet again. She leans against the quest boards edge with her eyes closed now trying to get her emotions in check.

He chuckles as he approaches the tank continuing his tyranny "Could have fooled me, I talked the first time and you were stuck on stupid. Yeah I'll come. You hear me that time miss leader?" Gaius barks as he sets down Boris and folds his arms. "Mr. Guild master will be coming then, perfect I needed to cough out something that's been stuck in my throat. That dude has this funky cloud that follows him around." he remarks taking on a position to wait, leaning against the quest board and continuing to egg the girl on. "Freya huh, well f*** her. Eventually, you'll figure out that if you can't change something you should not be stuck on it. There's a life lesson for you." he grins in his signature cocky grin, his loud words causing a few players who were present to turn and stare at them both as he draws their attention.

A quick glance to the members before he makes his exit through the double doors into floor 22 in bright sunshine. The quest that Eruda had brought forth was located on floor 5 which meant he'd need to prepare for the heat. Opening his inventory and removing a bluish white mixture, Raidou pops the cork and drinks it. His chest begins to fill cold as if he inhaled menthol from a jar. A flutter of the red tapestry on his back, swaying as he walks as he moves for coral as it was the only gate on this floor. Through the rather populated city for this was an ideal place to frequent given how peaceful this floor was. Stepping into the warp gate and taking a moment to check his statistics, they seemed acceptable for what they had to do. A flare of the glasses on his face, he was assured he was prepared for anything before the pad activates tearing him down to the city of Fortaleza.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte!

Raidou | HP:1250/1250 | EN:117/122 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:62

"F*** her..." Eruda steps away from the board to stand straight. "Life lesson?" Eruda felt anger building up inside of her. "Let me ask you this then Mr.All knowing. If you had a twin sister or brother that you knew was in this game and they all of a sudden stopped responding to your messages but knew it wasn't something they would do..." A small flare of blue fire begins beneath her feet as she brings back everything that she was trying to forget. "What if you were seeing messages that actually were a figment of your imagination and actually weren't real. The last actual message I received from her was a very long time ago and she seemed happy and we were fine and then nothing. So tell me Mr.All knowing, would you deem yourself crazy for seeing something imaginary and thinking that the most connected person in the world to you might be hurt and missing..." At this point, tears had fallen down her face. "Or would you pardon it and forget about her so that you didn't need to be STUCK on it forever." She was mad but not yelling. It was more a voice or worry through the water that fell. 

Edited by Eruda

His demeanor stays the same despite the flame building upon the blonde tank. "You don't get it do you?" he remarks as quickly as she does, trying to rationalize herself to him as if it would change anything being stuck in her own head. "Think about it. You are getting these messages out of nowhere, sure it's creepy but they aren't from Freya. You can sit here and b**** about it and cry about it. Or you can do something to change it, Why the f*** would you stand here freaking out about something when you don't know where to start? So yeah, I am going to tell you to F***in' forget about it until you have enough to go on to act upon it. You aren't going to fix anything by whining about it, so pick yourself up and work toward a solution. Got it? Ms. Leader?" All the while Gaius maintains his signature grin, not swayed in the slightest by Eruda's sudden outburst.

The flash of energy brings him into the desert sands, he manages to overhear the words shared between Gaius and Eruda being how loud they were shouting. The conversation seemed heated but the dragoon had a point and a correct one. Raidou approaches but does not interrupt, seeing how both of them would process this on their own as he removes a small black book from his pocket and begins to sift through the pages. He finds the entry for the sand shark he had written into it quite some time ago, but mentally he could not help but become clung to the name Eruda had brought up. The phantom reflected a girl he had seen on one of his harvesting trips, one he still was not convinced actually happened. Reading off the page, he recalls the diagnostics for the beast in question and it would be a trivial kill.

Raidou | HP:1250/1250 | EN:118/122 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:62 | VENGEFUL

Eruda takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. She knew that Gaius was right. She didn't have anything to go on. All she had was ghostly messages and a bad feeling. Eruda's tears and the fire had faded as she forced herself to calm down and think. Her eyes opened to look at Gaius with instant gratitude for the words he spoke. "Gaius, you couldn't be more right. I don't have anything to go on, but I do know that I am not wrong about her missing. I checked the death board and her name is not on it nor is Rin which is her other half, so I do know that they are not dead. I have been thinking about this for days and losing sleep over it. I think it is time to take action on the matter." The knot in her stomach was a constant feeling and it wasn't going to vanish until she knew Freya was safe and well. "To be perfectly honest this quest I was doing was a distraction but you...You helped me realize what had to be done and for that, I thank you, Gaius." Glancing around now to see if Raidou had shown yet, she sees him just a few feet from them...Did he hear them..."If you heard any of that, I am sorry. I was distracted but I am not now." Raidou wanted her to succeed so if by chance he did see everything in her unfold at that moment, she would prove for at least the time being she was okay. She still was worried but as Gaius had said, she couldn't dwell on things she couldn't control and she needed answers but she didn't know where to start. With that, she would do everything in her power to do so...Eruda opens her HUD and shares the quest with a party invite to both. Looking to her map she starts heading in the direction that it leads. Eruda starts to blush ever so slightly as she starts to walk away hoping that Raidou didn't think anything less of her for her outbreak.

The dragoon was rather elated the fact someone finally figured out what he was trying to convey for once. Most just get stupid and angry, so it was a pleasant change of pace. "Right... so what is it. A 'shark'." Gaius remarks reading the description from the side of his menu as he accepts the quest share along with the party invite. "Yeah I imagine its just doing to die the moment we touch it." spoken as Eruda moves to Raidou. "So we doing this thing, where the hell is it?" he comments removing his glaive from his back and spins it in his hands before continuing. "Lead the way Mr. and Ms. vanguard, you both are way too damn calm all the time. Before I get hungry again." he remarks beginning down the drawn nav, looking to Boris and calling the familiar to his side with tiny scampering paws.

It seems as though they had handled the situation amicably between the two of them, which was nice given it did not require him to intervene and handle it and he was rather surprised by how level headed the rather usually brash Gaius was. He should have expected that his carefree nature would bring about a perspective that he had, as dwelling on factors you had little control over was a practice in frustration. Eruda moves to his side after spotting him, offering an apology he had not needed. "He is correct, work on what you can alter the results of. It does not bother me any but it was rather insightful." he comments before shutting the book in his hands and returning it to his robe pocket and messing with the glasses on his face. "I think proceeding forward is ideal." spoken as he begins to follow behind Gaius who had already started on ahead.

Walking almost side by side with Raidou now as Gaius sped ahead of her. Before he got too far Eruda comments on what he said "We are calm because we have to be. Keeping our head straight to make a rational decision at any given moment without emotions." Glancing to the ground as she talks to Raidou now saying "I need to know that she is safe Raidou. I don't know how much longer I can hold my ground. Will you help me find Freya please," at this point, Gaius is a distance away from them as she places a hand lightly on Raidou's arm as they continue to walk, looking to him with concern in her eyes. "I need to find her..." Eruda could feel her eyes start to water again so she looks away and removes her hand from his arm. Eruda was trying so hard to focus but it was really hard. By asking Raidou to help with this she knew that results good or bad would be given but at least she would have an answer. She began to walk a bit fast not wanting to show Raidou her weakest side. Eruda knew what she just told Gaius and she would continue to do her best, but she knew that this would be a recurring feeling until she knew...

The tanned sands were burning hot producing fumes from the terrain casting a mirage of fading blurs across, he could hear the girl at his back still whining to which he sighs rather loudly. She seemed to understand but still was complaining and pleading with the boy in red as if he had some sort of answer. "Would you quit, lets just kill this thing." Gaius barks out to them both, growing tired of it. Boris growls softly as the hot floor was tenderizing his feet, "Sorry dude but we gotta." he apologizes clearly to the tiny familiar. On the horizon a blackened fin tears along the granules as it burns a path while submerged. "I think I see it, thats a shark fin." Gaius shouts back to the two tanks behind him, calling them to look at what he was seeing bee lining across the sands in rapid movement.

Confused by how stuck on this Eruda was, Raidou was not sure how to respond to her pleading like she was. It's not like info brokers had information to sell on specific players, and he could hardly task O&I to hunt down Freya either. All he had were suspicions and perhaps a place to start, but to not instill false hope he would not mention them. "I don't know if such a thing is possible, it's not easy to track someone down. Especially if they do not want to be found." Raidou comments in honesty, for he had not the ability yet that may aid his efforts. Perhaps with time it could become possible, but currently, it's outside of the scope he had. Gaius barks up and draws his attention away from his explanation and on the horizon, the creature was swimming through the terrain. "That must be it." Raidou comments adjusting his glasses.

Don't want to be found...Eruda thinks for a moment. Hearing Gaius calling out about the Shark, she shakes her head to try getting the image out her head. That is a possibility but she didn't feel like that was what was going on. Raidou was right and so was Gaius. She was still dwelling on it and she knew had to stop because it wouldn't change anything. Worrying about it would not make Freya randomly appear. It is what it was...

Eruda looks to the shark that was swimming in the large blank area ahead of them. Pulling her shield and sword out, she focuses herself on the quest. As the shark swims around in the sand, Eruda focused on its movements, Pin-pointing where it would go next. Eruda runs past Gaius as the shark in a distance away was now heading blindly in her direction. Glowing a faint blue around her, it fades and Eruda aims her sword toward the grounds where it was heading. The moment it gets close enough she swings her sword swiftly toward its Fin that was sticking up and where its body would be in the ground. The ground was disrupted by an energized gash causing the creature to burst from the ground upon impact as it flops on the surface with a crash landing. After a moment it stops moving but who knew how long that would last. "Now" she calls out to the other 2 as she gave them the opening that they needed.

Activates Concentration and Fell Crescent

ID# 159830 results: Battle: 8+1=9 Hit! vs. Sand Shark Dealing (3*1=3) Damage and Stunning it!

Players:
Eruda | HP:580/580 | EN:54/58 | DMG:3 | MIT:89 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1
Gaius | HP:440/440 | EN:44/44 | DMG:11 | H.M.:2 | L.M.:2 | REC:1
Raidou | 
HP:1250/1250 | EN:118/122 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:62 | VENGEFUL

Enemy:
(3,0,0)Sand Shark | HP:122/125 | DMG:50 (Stunned)

Edited by Eruda

As soon as the blonde makes a connection, Gaius spins the glaive before ripping airborne using the skill he had obtained from his Gemini. The current of air rips him up before he drops like a meteorite on the unsuspecting victim before Eruda even remarks her call out his polearm tears through it and causes it to explode into shards of data. "You were saying?" Gaius chuckles while removing his weapon from the sand in a spray and spinning it with a metallic clank and sheathing it onto his back. The tiny bear sits on the sidelines with its small paws flapping together like applause before Gaius scoops him up and dusts off his butt. "That's that let's get out of here, little man hates this heat." starting to beat a path straight back to Fortaleza, having had enough of this floor and its barren appearance and a scorching sun that hung overhead.

ID# 159831 results: Battle: 7, Craft: 2 [No Rec], Hit! dealing 165 damage to Sand Shark, Killing it!

Players:
Eruda | HP:580/580 | EN:54/58 | DMG:3 | MIT:89 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1
Gaius | HP:440/440 | EN:30/44 | DMG:11 | H.M.:2 | L.M.:2 | REC:1
Raidou | 
HP:1250/1250 | EN:118/122 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:62 | VENGEFUL

Enemy:
(3,1,0)Sand Shark | HP:122/125 | DMG:50 (Stunned)

Edited by Gaius

Raidou looks onward as Eruda and Gaius perform a one two punch that instantly destroys the beast in question, completing the quest long before his intervention would be needed. It was pleasant to see them operating as a group, and given how fast it was ended played a grin on his face. "Efficient." Raidou comments as Gaius straggles past him heading back. The journey took longer than the actual combat, he still had some time to spare but this being so short he could perhaps squeeze something else in. Adjusting the glasses on his nose and removing his book, he crosses this quest from his remaining list of quests to test and understand. "I guess we are done here, come on Eruda." the nomad remarks to the blonde tank before turning and beginning to attempt to keep up with the assault division member who was proving his placement as the correct one.

It was over before it began. Gaius had run off with his cute cub that she has yet to meet. She would do just that the next chance she got. Eruda knew that the guys were right though about everything. She was helpless and there was nothing that she could possibly do right now that would be effective. Raidou calls to her for she was just standing there for a moment sorta amazed by how fast the shark thing died. Running to Raidou's side, she walks closely next to him not realizing that she was. "Do you think that I could tag along with you for a while? The day is still young so I am sure you have a lot to still accomplish. I promise I won't be a bother," Eruda was keeping pace with him and the next thing she knew, her hand touches Raidou's hand. "God I am sorry... I didn't mean to..." Her chest began to pound fast as she blushes a bit. -Dam it- Eruda thinks to herself. She sorta wanted to but she didn't want to scare Raidou away before they got that date chance. Her face continues to stay red as she walks side by side, hoping that he would be okay with her sticking with him today.

Edited by Eruda

Raidou had something he had to take care of alone, unfortunately. "I have somewhere to be Eruda, I would have you get stronger instead of following me around in my chores." he differs her advances, he would check this cavern out again. Perhaps it would be a leaping point for what was troubling the girl, and with an adjust of his glasses, he begins to leave Eruda behind. She'd need to manage on her own and become independent. He also would not wish to bring her in front of a different kind of shark, Info brokers tend to be the seedy sort of entity that he'd not spoil her with. He wasn't sure if she would understand but hopefully, she'd respect his wishes. He would return to floor 1 and begin inspection of the cavern he had collapsed, alone without worry of the safety of those around him. With a flash of blue energy, he was gone.

Quest complete:

Eruda:
5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Bonus)

Gaius:

Raidou:

Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
[Sand Armor Potion]*3 [Eruda/Gaius/Raidou]
400*Col (400 Thread Closure)

Edited by Raidou