[PP|F10]<<Training Your Friend>> Shadowy Figures

Assassin would follow Hidden with Hyou in tow. The familiar was better for now, but the purple resonance that surrounded it's body was worrying her too much. They finally made it to the teleporter pad and Hyou didn't have any angry outbursts thankfully. She seemed tame enough to take back to Hidden's house. The walk out there was long, and observing the familiar with a close eye, she noticed it growling every so often, fighting off something that she couldn't see. It looked as if Hyou was trying to fight with menacing thoughts of attacking the players or something similar.

"I'm so worried about Hyou. You said it would wear off, but it looks like she's having such a difficult time. Are you sure that she'll be alright?" Assassin opened the door for Hidden and Hyou, then moved into the living room where her familiar took a seat in front of her. It's aura was still burning purple. "Can you get rid of it Hyou?" She asked.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden walked up the steps that led into her house. She placed her hand on the door, her presence unlocking it. Pushing the door open, she would look at Ayame one last time before moving up the stairs to her bedroom. "I think I am going to go take a nap or something." She would call down to the girl. She slowly closed the door behind her and collapsed onto her bed. She would turn over, and look up at the ceiling. "I swear if Hyou destroys my house he isn't going to allowed inside of it anymore. If he survives the process." Her eyes drifted to look out the window, peering at the sun beginning to slowly drift towards the horizon. "Evening already? Exactly how long did I spend chasing after her familiar? I mean I wouldn't have done anything productive but it is rather annoying that I lost an entire day." She sat up, looking at the mirror that was adjacent to her bed. She found the white-haired purple-eyed girl staring back at her. The person she saw in the mirror was the one she wanted to be, not who she was yet. She'd probably never be Elucia.  

Assassin watched Hidden move into her room. She walked silently up the stairs. From downstairs, she could hear the door squeak to a close. All that was here now was her familiar and her. She needed to figure out what to do to help Hyou come back to her normally. She was obviously in pain and needed some help to get back as her normal self. Hyou softly purred at her master. At least she seemed tame enough now not to convulse into a fit of rage and tear anything up. Assassin would need to do something to help her now.

Her hand reached out to the familiar and gave it a slight pet. Hyou's anger over came her for a moment and latched down on her masters hand. Assassin winced in pain, but didn't make any noise. The purple hue that surrounded Hyou was now resonating on her hand.

image.png

Successes 2/3

Spoiler

Moving to SP

Looking down at her hand, Assassin could feel a corruption burning in her appendage. It was slowly progressing up her arm, burning at her skin wanting to take over. Was this what Hyou was feeling through her entire body earlier? This insane burning feeling that made her rage and lash out.

Hyou let go of Assassin quickly before she lost control. The young girl merely stared at her hand and watched the purple aura envelop her arm. The burning hurt, but at the same time, it kind of felt like she was being empowered. Maybe if Hyou could tame this, she could help empower her like how Umbra does with Nee-chan. Winding back her arm, Assassin throws a punch and watches as the smokey looking purple aura flung from her fist and dissipated rather quickly. That wouldn't last in combat at all.

"Is it hurting you, Hyou?" She asked her familiar.

Hyou shook her head and purred. It was not hurting her anymore from what she could tell, but it was still making her familiar have fits of anger every so often. If they could work that out, Hyou would be able to boost her damage again. She didn't really know how to apply it with out making Hyou bite her though.

She looked to her familiar and shifted in her seat. Holding out her arm, she spoke to the leopard once more. "Hyou, bite me again. It doesn't hurt that much, don't worry. If you do it, I think you'll be able to help me in fights and I can be strong like Nee-chan."

Just like that, Hyou hesitantly bit down on Assassin's arm. The bite was very shallow and the wound closed up pretty quickly. The purple aura surrounded her hand again. She could feel the power of the shadow being that had possessed Hyou moving through her muscles.

The power was coursing through her body, this time all the way up her arm. She didn't want to break anything of Nee-chan's so she stood up and started walking towards her own room. Beckoning the familiar to follow her, she closed the door behind Hyou and sat down on her bed. The power from the parasite was still on her arm and it felt like it was trying to eat away at her skin. She was wincing from it, but it wasn't anything that would make her scream out in pain.

Throwing a light jab again, the power unleashes from her entire arm and smacks against the wall, fading without much response from it, was still kind of weak to use. Hyou needed more practice to control it probably. If they were lucky, she could get the hang of it pretty quickly.

"Let's keep trying it, if we can get it to work, I'll be a lot stronger and you won't have to worry about me being too weak cause you'll be able to help me."

"Hyou! Try it one more time, let me see if I can take some of the power from you to help you control it. If I can take some of it, it will empower me and you wont be hurting from it so much." She stuck out her arm once more for her familiar to bite her. This felt like she was being turned into a vampire or something, but if it helped Hyou's condition, she would do anything for her familiar to help her feel better. 

The familiar looked hesitant to try such a thing, even resorting to whining to try and persuade her master to not do this. Assassin merely gave the leopard a nice little pet on the head. After some persuading of her own, Hyou finally listened to her master and chomped down on her arm. Letting the black smog envelop even more of her body.

The coursing power went through her entire body this time. Assassin gritted her teeth as a surging pain came with it. A groan escaped her mouth and she released the energy as quickly as possible. Her breathing got really heavy for a moment. It was much more than she expected it to be at the time. She would need a rest before she tried that again.

Hyou looked at her worryingly. She didn't want to do it in the first place, so it looked like she would refuse Assassin to do it again. "I-I'm fine. It just surprised me. Like when you put your foot in the water to see if its cold before swimming. I'll be alright, just give me a second and we'll try it again okay? I promise that nothing bad will happen. It's going to make me stronger, I'm sure of it." Assassin said, taking a deep breath to calm herself.

image.png

Successes: 2/3

A moment went by where the child took time to collect her breath. This was really hard on her and she wasn't realizing how much noise that she was making until just now. Looking over to the dagger that Nee-chan had put up on her belt of weapons, she reached up and grabbed the weapon destined for her growth of Tier two. Hidden had warned her that she wasn't allowed to even touch this dagger until she was at the capable level to use it, but that would be achieved if she could just tame the beast within her familiar. She slipped the new dagger into her belt and replaced her old one on the wall.

"Let's go Hyou, we have more practice to do." She said to her familiar and started to make her way over to the exit of the house. On her way out, she thought that she had seen a chest spawn right next to Hidden's home, but her eyes deceived her.

image.png

Search Failure.

In the fields of the lower floor, Assassin found a quiet spot near the home to practice with this new dagger. The power within it was apparent. The blade sung with thirst. It un-use was driving it crazy. It needed to know the thrill of battle again.

Assassin could feel that power in the blade. It was faint to her but it radiated an aura that made her feel secure. Wielding this weapon would surely keep her safe without a doubt. All she needed was a little more practice with this new power that Hyou had and this new weapon.

Looking down on her snow-white familiar, she smiles and gives her a quick pet over the head. "Don't worry, we've got this. The stronger I get, the more I can survive. I'll never be scared again with you and Nee-chan here." The familiar seemed skeptical, but she still bowed to her master's wish.

Taking the time to get her bearings after that awful feeling she experienced in her room, she was ready to take on this familiar thing for sure. Wielding the dagger in her hand, she tried to take a few swings with it, but it physically refused her as a wielder. It ate at her hand with a demonic power and seemed to cry out to her. It was obvious this was going to take even more time from her.

A spike of a shock ran up her arm and she was forced to drop the dagger in the grass. Hyou whined for her master. It was obvious that the big-cat was not keen on seeing her master struggle like this. Assassin gave her a smile and reached down to pick up the weapon that she had dropped. She could see now why Hidden was keen on her being a certain level to use this item.

The blade was really something dangerous, and while that seemed like she shouldn't even touch it, she was sure that if she could master its power she would be safer than ever in this digital world. Wrestling with power behind the blade was difficult enough, but she was still dealing with the back lash of being affected by her familiar's demon. It wasn't the best feeling in the world, but she still needed to do her best. If she wanted to survive this world, hardships would need to be overcome.

Again she attempted to use the demonic looking dagger without being the capable level for it. The shock was sent up her arm yet again, forcing her to drop the dagger into the grass once again. Hyou looked visibly upset for her master as she scooped it up once again. If she could speak, she would be telling the teenager to stop what she was doing.

It was the sensible option, but still she tried several more times to force the dagger to work for her. Several more times she dropped it into the grass and yelped in pain as the system denied her for not meeting the constraints.

Hyou was fed up at this point and couldn't stand watching her struggle like this anymore. With a deep growl and a loud roar, the leopard scared the living shit out of her master. Assassin fell to the ground in surprise of her familiar's outburst. Hyou jumped at her and latched her jaw on to her master's leg, infusing the dark feelings back into her body. Assassin struggled for a moment when the power washed over her body before she released it like usual. "H-Hyou! Calm down, I'm fine! I promise that this is all just practice, soon it won't hurt me." The familiar huffed at her master angrily.

image.png

Once everything had calmed down yet again, the kid took a moment to sit in the grass with her legs crossed. Her familiar sat in front of her, laying in the grass staring back at her. Assassin was quiet after that. She could tell that Hyou was pretty pissed at her for going great lengths to try and get stronger, but she knew that she had to do this. The dagger that Hidden had given her was a one of kind of weapon that would keep her safe.

They would need to sit down and take a break though. Assassin took a few moments to breath. She hadn't really taken any grievous damage since they started doing all this. So at least she wasn't in danger while attempting to tame the destructive power in her new weapon. With any luck she would be able to gain control of it today. If not, there was always more time to practice.

Sitting on the ground with her familiar, the little girl stared at her, looking at the purple aura that it's body was extruding. She was worried for the cat and wanted to do anything that she could to make sure that she wouldn't be burdened with whatever awful ailment that the demon shadow had given her. She would take half of that power and use it for her gain.

"Don't worry Hyou, I'll fix this somehow, I promise." She said, giving the leopard a quick pet on her head. She accepted the love quietly, not actually lashing out at her this time. Assassin picked up the dagger from the ground and rose to her feet. She gripped it tightly and wrestled with its power once again, it shocked her arms to hold in her hand but she would conquer it if it killed her. The power flooded through her bones as she tried to control it.

The power was still too stronger for her no matter how hard that she wrestled with it. It was beginning to get somewhat frustrating being unable to use then weapon when she was so close to being able to make it work. She returned the dagger to her inventory and sighed, looking down to Hyou. "Maybe we should take a different approach. Let's go beat up some meanies in the forest and gain some more experience so that I can use this dagger, then we can focus on controlling the power in your body."

With that the duo headed off into the tree line near Hidden's house. Hyou followed, trying to keep the rage that she was feeling calm in her mind enough not to tear her master asunder. If they could kill a few of the enemies around this area, sooner or later she would level up and be able to use the dagger.

They caught their first sight of enemies almost as soon as they exited the brush of the tree line. A pack wolves surrounded them and Assassin was more than ready to be fighting. She pulled free her weaker dagger and readied her attack. Activating a sword art, she tore through the first target with ease. It exploded into a shower of data and disappeared back into the cardinal.

Weaving through the lines of weaker enemies Assassin was either able to dodge or mitigate any damage that they were sending her way. She was more than ready for this type of fight since she was so much stronger than she used to be. About a month ago, she would have been terrified to be walking around these woods filled with monsters and feral animals. But now she was the top predator. Nothing would be stopping her rise to power. She would keep getting stronger.

The duo worked through the lines of enemies with relative ease. With the power boost from the demon that infected her, Hyou was able to fight and even kill some of the mobs that were attacking her master. She was fast enough now too to keep up with Assassin as well. That would make it easier to keep track of the girl for sure, since she was charged with the duty of protecting the young girl.

Assassin was slashing through the lines of wolves with such ease that it was almost embarrassing how hard of time they were having dealing with her. She remembered when these types of enemies used to scare her, but now she was dealing with them all with such ease that it was almost completely boring. This wasn't for fun though. This was for gaining the use of her new dagger and helping her familiar recover.

image.png

Within a few minutes, the girl started losing track of how many enemies she killed. It had to be at least 20 of them that she had killed at this point. She wasn't even using her strongest sword arts to deal with them. So she could keep her energy reserves up for basically as long as she wanted to. Hyou was having an easy time dispatching of the random mobs on this floor as well. It was kind of cool to see a mob die to a player familiar that was capable of dealing enough damage to kill them off by herself.

Assassin was happy to see that Hyou was making a recovery and not clawing her to death anymore. She was so afraid of losing her familiar to this cursed being that had infected her with some sort of awful rage. That being said, she would see it through to the end to help her best friend.

After about fifty mobs killed now, Assassin had basically taken out an entire pack of wolves every where between the lackeys and their alphas. It was actually pretty exhilarating to take on that many mobs and not break a sweat. Though now her energy was taking a hit and she would need to take a break to fight anymore. She took shelter out of the way of mobs and waited for the little blue bar to increase back to full.

Looking over to her familiar with a smile, she gave her a quick pet over the head. "Great job Hyou, you'll always be one of the few things that I can count on in this world. I won't ever give up on you, you're too important to me, okay? So don't worry about this hick-up. We'll get stronger because of it and conquer this world in our own way, okay?"