[PP | FL03] Treant Rivalries/Finishing up business

There was something in his log that had been bothering him. The treant rivalries had been an eyesore for the longest time. He had been standing at the message board that was established in hopes of finding a fellow adventurer to assist with this quest. He was indeed a social creature for the most part. He had no qualms in assisting anyone with their logs. In this case, he was knocking out two things with one stone.

Earlier, he had arrived with Haine. She had went off exploring in the market to find something. He was taking his time to find a player in the mean time to join them. There would be no reason to not find someone. He glanced from person to person slightly judging people but only to see if they would read his message. Geez, this is taking forever. He thought to himself. With all the waiting, he simply sat under a tree staring at the board in hopes of that +1 member. @Shay @Haine

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 39
HP: 780/780
EN: 78/78

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 41
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T2/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Rose Prism (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T2/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Delilah was a carefree town full of quiet people. It was probably one of the most fantasy-esque settlements that she had happened upon up to this point. If there were less people living here, she might have actually chose to put her shop on this floor. However, the field of the fourth floor still suited her the best. It was quiet and peaceful there.

Sight seeing definitely wasn't her mission, however. She was here to meet up with some other players. Chase seemed to busy with something today and didn't want to join her for anything. He was catching up to her level rather quickly having done quests without her. She wouldn't keep up if she didn't start doing more than just partying with him.

It took awhile to find the man in question: Kiluia Seiko. She didn't know him much at all, but at least he and his partner would help her complete the quest without any complications. "Morning." Shay mentioned to the man, presenting herself as his query for the quest ahead of them. She opened her menu and offered him a party invite.

Spoiler

Name: Shay
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 9
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 1
BLD: 12
REC: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: (Katana)Murasame α: BLD 2; DMG 1
Armor: Leather Overcoat: EVA 3
Misc: Deep Red Tie: Recovery 2; ACC 1

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Survival

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
T1 Mass HP Rec. II*1
T1 HP Rec. I*2
T1 Instant HP Rec. I*2
Incarceration*2

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

They'd gone exploring the marketplace in search of produce, however the bluenette was skilled with distractions. The outskirts of the bazaar were the deadliest, with little trinkets and ornate clothing beckoning her. Her empty pockets could not handle the budget, but it couldn't help to just look around, right? Big mistake. She spent a good half of the morning ogling shiny fabric, shooting Kiluia some totally-not-obvious hints as she stared longingly at each article. By then, he knew very well of her tricks. The puppy eyes, the tilt of her head and the lilt in her tone.

Afterwards, Kiluia picked a quest for them to try out. They could manage it, however some extra company could never hurt. She rested under the shade of an awning. It took forever and the couple's legs grew tired. She slumped her back against a tree and sat down. After a while, a figure approached the two. It was a woman with long raven hair, Haine couldn't help but ogle for a moment. She stood up and dusted her garb. "Nice to see ya! Shay?" She tilted her head at the woman's name tag. "I'm Haine. You can already see that but-" she scratched the back of her head and laughed. "Here for the quest?"

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 57
HP: 1170/1170
EN: 114/114

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 66
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:

Divine Piercer - Aqua [Weapon]: Damage 2, Bleed 1
Heart's Container - Aquilia [Light Armor]: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Osiris's Grips [
Trinket]: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:

Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter HP Potions (+50 HP)*3

Housing Buffs:

Bedroom ( Rested ) -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat

Basic Workshop ( Working ) -  +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Slime farm ( Basic training ) +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month. Must be used on a player's first post in a thread. Cooldown begins counting down when used in a post.

Fishing Pond ( Angler ) +1 material gained when fishing

Guild Hall Buffs:

Trading hall

Every member of Firm Anima receives an additional +2 EXP for each craft. +5 to salvage recovery LD's. (10+ for alchemy crystals, 6+ for others). If you are rank 9 you also get +1 crafting attempt/day. If you are rank 10 you get +2 crafting attempts/day.

Treasury

+5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Storage Vault

Allows a guild to create a Storage Vault in their Guild Page. Members can use this thread to store and withdraw items. Any items that have trading restrictions cannot be moved to a Storage Vault.

Guild Bank

Allows the Guild Owner to promote one member (or themselves) to 'Treasurer'. This unlocks access to a Guild Bank spending account.

Basic Kitchen

Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30

Living Room

Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Scents of the Wild:

Kumatetsu 

Yamata no Orochi

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

Finally. He thought as he looked over at Shay. Someone had finally answered his message about the quest. A smile crossed his face as he accepted the party quest. Both parties merged into a trio displaying their names. “Hello and thank you for accepting the quest.” He looked over at Haine who had been giving him side eye looks the entire time they were here. She knew they were here for a quest but he always distracted her with such things as it would take forever. Imagine both of them being bored and whining. That was not a pretty sight to see even a mental image at that.

He was grateful for Shay as this quest was a good time to meet people despite the level gap. The thing is Kiluia always had an agenda when it came to questing. If he could maximize the amount of time spent with Haine or greet new people, he would do that in a heartbeat. He learned his lesson the hard way in terms of being alone. He was changing everyday now. “I hope we all get along together. How are you doing today?” He spoke in the direction of Shay.

A social duo. Shay was never fond or really good with words, but she tolerated it for long enough to exchange proper greetings. Her crimson pupils inspected the two. They both looked much stronger than her, likely pretty close to front line level. She was no pushover, however. Her skills had brought her to the brink of the second tiers levels, and soon it would bring her to the third.

"I am fine. Its a pleasure to meet you both." Shay says, shifting the raven-coloured curtain of hair out of her face with her free hand. The other hand held her weapon, snug in it's saya. The sheath of the blade was crimson red, contrasting the green hue of the forested floor.

"Thank you for inviting me. Please, direct me as you need." She was good with these type of games, but she knew when she was outclassed by others. They were obviously stronger than her and more experienced in SAO, so she was subject to their seniority.

The woman spoke little, strictly professional, she didn't mind that. She'd encountered many types of players during her time in the death game. All of these different personalities called for her to adapt to their vibes. She nodded as a soft smile graced her lips. The quest would be easy with the combinations in their team, she was eager to rope some points in her bag and get to know her fellow guild mate if she didn't mind it. "Alrightie! So what's the drill?"

She looked up at Kiluia. The responsibility of party leader fell to him then, as it usually did between the two. Haine was never good with direction, she stuck to brute force at the leader's order. The man, on the other hand, was analytical. She couldn't wrap her head around it with the hastiness of her nature. It was the peak of the day, the floor's rays making the temperature uncomfortably hot. She fanned at herself.

Meeting people was always rough. It was the first time for impressions and a lot could go wrong. The thought of what happened with ChaseR could of went horribly but it panned out real well. This would be rather the same in context, he believed.  “Pleasure is all ours, Shay. I’m Kiluia and of course this is Haine.” He re-introduced themselves despite the icon with their names and the party members list. He walked with the two toward the exit of the town on floor three. “Our quest involves a dispute with the treants or tree-folk. They want the elvish people out of their forest and to save them from being any danger. It’s a simple mission but my mission is to really meet new people and get an idea about how I can help more.”

The trio started to make their way out of the town and toward the rural region. The pathway was direct per usual to the quest directions. The forest seemed relatively farther away but it could have been an optical illusion or just Kil being lazy and not wanting to walk. Either way, their little journey began. “I was hoping to knock this quest out and help someone in the meantime.” He spoke. “I don’t remember when I flagged it but I definitely wanna get it off my list.” He glanced at Shay. “Are you a solo player, Shay?” He just wanted to know. It would be good to figure out her play style.

Shay followed behind the other two just a few steps back and watched their rear, just to make sure that they wouldn't get ambushed by anything. She listened to the few things Kiluia was talking about but she didn't really have much of a reply for him about the quest details. It looked pretty simple to her was all.

Then Kiluia asked if she was a solo player. Guess she couldn't really say that anymore considering Chase. "I used to be until I met a partner to fight with. He is a damage player like me that is going to invest in some tanking skills later. I'm apart of a trading guild for the benefits that it provides for crafting, but I don't really interact with any of the guild mates. I tend to be something of a loner."

There wasn't much else to say after that. She preferred to be in small groups or just alone more than anything.

Haine gave her a quick glance as they walked in stride to the quest location. Her mind trailed off as the other two conversed, she couldn't help her meager attention span. Most idle situations had her off in la la land, daydreaming of her next feast or something just as trivial. The familiars were up ahead bickering with each other again. The cub and the penguin wrestled over some stolen trinket, flopping on top of each other. Miska, the fluffy polar bear, let out a predatory growl and pit the penguin's fin. The penguin, with her powerful legs, kicked back and rolled into a karate stance. The bluenette cocked a brow and pointed at the two. "Uh, can you two not?" She peered closer at the trinket in the penguin's beak and gasped.

"WHAT?!"

She threw all caution to the wind and snatched the trinket out of the penguin's beak. It was a pair of those expensive pink earrings she ogled, dangling in the air. "U-Uhhhhhh..." She held them up in the air and gestured to Kiluia. An unspoken 'what do we do?' She gulped and shoved the earrings into her pockets. Haine looked to the new recruit and scratched her head. "Uh, don't mind it. These two just love to fight." She actually didn't want to say that her pets were incorrigible pick pockets.

He looked over at the two and then at Haine. They were indeed the earrings she had been looking at. Perhaps the penguin didn’t distinguish what loot was and what stolen property was. He would shrug slightly at the situation. They would have to return the item back when they had the chance. They were already near their destination point for the treants. Eyes would glance over at Shay and speak. “They sound really nice. I hope I get to meet them someday. It’s nice to know that you have someone who you can depend on. “

Their traveling started leading them to the countryside. The forestry was becoming dense as they progressed deeper down the beaten path. He kept his eyes on the trees as they swayed slightly from the wind that was coming to the east.  The only strange part about it all was that they were all swaying in the same direction with the same amount of force. “Almost there guys.”

"He is a bit of softie some times, but he does what needs to get done and trying to get stronger. His name is ChaseR." The girl said keeping an eye on the trees around them. Even in the presence of some high level players, she didn't want to let her guard down. A shifting through the bushes alerted her attention. She put a hand on the hilt of her katana and pulled it loose from the saya. "I think we've got company." The raven-haired rogue mentions to the others.

A group of Elvish bandits jumped from the bushes and surrounded Shay specifically. The first one rushed towards her, taking a swing at her chest. She quickly ducked under his attack and slashed through his core, splitting his top half from his legs. The next came at her as well, slashing vertically, she side stepped the attack and stabbed him through the chest. The both of them dissolved at the same time.

The other two attack her at the same time, she retaliated with a wide attack, only hitting one of them but applying bleed. 

image.png
image.png
image.png

Shay | HP: 420/420 | EN: 27/42 -(9+6) | DMG: 9 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 1 | BLD: 12 | REC: 2
Haine | 
Kiluia | 

Elvish Soldier 1 | 0/65 -((11*9)-30) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30
Elvish Soldier 2 | 0/65 -((10*9)-30) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30
Elvish Soldier 3 | 2/65 -((9*9)-30) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30 | [BLEEDING: 12] (1/2)
Elvish Soldier 4 | 65/65 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30

Haine nodded along to the conversation and fixed her eyes ahead for anything lurking. "Oh, ChaseR? We've stumbled across him." She fixed the cuff of her sleeve and glanced at the familiars to her side. They were behaving well and moving in stride. She was unpleasantly not surprised by Pingu's klepto ways. She'd cut the bird some slack, she might have thought she was doing the two a favor by looting. The open field narrowed in, the quest marker inching closer as they traversed.

A group of elvish bandits emerged from the bushes and came running towards them. The woman flicked her wrist and her spear materialized, dropping into her arms. She waited for Shay to strike and rushed in. She vaulted off the spear and landed in range of those hideous things. With a pivot of her heel, she slashed the enemies down. "Whooo!" She brushed her wild locks aside.

Spoiler

Shay | HP: 420/420 | EN: 27/42 -(9+6) | DMG: 9 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 1 | BLD: 12 | REC: 2
Haine | 
HP: 1170/1170 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36
Kiluia | 

Elvish Soldier 1 | 0/65 -((11*9)-30) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30
Elvish Soldier 2 | 0/65 -((10*9)-30) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30
Elvish Soldier 3 | 2/65 -((9*9)-30) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30 | [BLEEDING: 12] (2/2) ID: #162062 [BD: 9] DMG: 20*9=192 / WEEPING MOON
Elvish Soldier 4 | 0/65 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30 ID: #162063 [BD: 3+4 =7] DMG: 19*9=171 / WEEPING MOON

Elvish Soldier 5 | 0/65 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30 ID: #162069 [BD: 7] DMG: 19*9=171 / WEEPING MOON

Elvish Soldier 6 | 0/65 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 30 ID: #162070 [BD: 7] DMG: 19*9=171 / WEEPING MOON

Edited by Haine

With Haine cleaning up the elvish soldiers, their commander came rushing into the fray. “Who dares tressp…” That was the only part of the sentence that the commander managed to get out. Kiluia was in his face startling him before the commander could gather his bearings and the situation of the fight. Left fist struck into the gut of the commander. While the commander was leaning forward from the strike, Kiluia extended his palm forward into the front face of his enemy. He pushed forward with the commander’s face in hand pushing it straight into the ground. The impact sight was seen as soon as the crystals of the commander floated away into the air.

“Where oh where can the king be..?” He looked over at Shay and Haine. Kiluia was extremely violent when it came to striking down monsters. No punches were to be pulled when it came to fighting. He didn't care if it was man or woman. If it was apart of kill quest, it would happen. "ChaseR is pretty chill. I like him."

Spoiler

image.png.dbff87ccc3ae60369d5d1d79ee181864.png

Shay | HP: 420/420 | EN: 27/42 -(9+6) | DMG: 9 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 1 | BLD: 12 | REC: 2
Haine | 
HP: 1170/1170 | EN: 114/114 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36
Kiluia | 780/780 HP | EN:64/78 | DMG: 15 | MIT:41 | EVA: 1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:1 

Enemies
Elvish Commander 0/100 HP| MIT 55 | DMG:20

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

The mass of elves were dropped in nearly an instant with the collective efforts of the three players. They were absolutely no match for group. When the commander was felled by Kiluia, the king of the elves decided to show himself. He even towered over Kiluia at a stagger six and half feet tall, looking down at the man.

"You will pay grievously for this-!" A grunt of pain escaped his lips as Shay's vibrant red weapon tore across his torso. The blade sang with an uncontrolled hum of power, nearly seeming to parade with the feeling of tearing it's foe asunder. "You bitch!" In retaliation, the King brought his massive two-handed sword over Shay's head, she side stepped it more quickly than the king's eyes could track.

"Too slow." She said, kicking the king's hands free of the weapon. The blade fell into the grass and laid comfortably in the soil.

image.png

Shay | HP: 420/420 | EN: 14/42 -(15)+1 | DMG: 9 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 1 | BLD: 12 | REC: 2
Haine | 
HP: 1170/1170 | EN: 114/114 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36
Kiluia | 780/780 HP | EN:64/78 | DMG: 15 | MIT:41 | EVA: 1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:1 

Elvish King | 48/150 -((165-75)-12) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 | [BLEEDING: 12] (1/2)

The elves were akin to little pests hovering around. They flocked in groups, attempting to corral the trio for a wide sweep, however they were swift to counteract. One after the other, they were downed quicker than they could move a limb. Haine smirked. The tides of the battle were in their favor. They advanced further into the forest, eliminating the King's henchmen. Surely enough, the last one standing revealed himself. With all of his defenses lowered, he stood no chance. Such weakness for someone who proclaimed themselves "King". She waited for Shay to strike and swept in.

In perfect tandem, she rotated the spear and drove it into the foe's gut. With a grunt, he fell forward onto his spear, his weight resting on Haine. He was heavy and she stumbled back, all but crushed by the weight of the monster. She managed to shove him aside and watched the body crystallize.

ID: #162584

BD: 3 + 4 ACC = 7 [ HIT ]   /  DMG (Dimension Stampede): 19*15-75 MIT=210

Shay | HP: 420/420 | EN: 14/42 -(15)+1 | DMG: 9 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 1 | BLD: 12 | REC: 2
Haine | HP: 1170/1170 | EN: 86/114 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36

Elvish King | 0/150 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 | [BLEEDING: 12] (2/2)

Edited by Haine

The destruction of the elvish king in this area was relatively uneventful. He knew that their devastation would quickly run through all of these monsters. Eyes of amber would glance over at Shay and Haine. “Guess we should head back now for our reward.” He stated as he watched the King disappear from the destructive force of Haine. He wasn’t fond of people taking advantage of the land and for people who tried to live in peace. He knew there was the opposite side of this quest but he chose this one because who wants to defend people who take over land? It was like pushing off a tribe off their land to build highways. It irked him as he started making his way back to the treants.

“This wasn’t really worth the reward but I just wanted to get the experience out of it so I can move on with my life. Thanks for coming along you two. I appreciate your assistance.” In truth, it was to help everyone else out at the same time.

Shay twirled her blade and slid it back into the saya she respawned in her hand. The girl looked down the the fallen Haine and offered a hand to help her up. Once she was back to her feet, she looked over to Kiluia who was thanking her for some reason, when he was the one assisting her with the quest.

"I did hardly anything compared to you guys and you were the ones who invited me. So I should be thanking you guys for bringing me along." Shay mentioned as she caught up with him. All they had to go to do now was turn in the quest to the quest giver. And get the experience for it.

"You two are a much higher level than me, but at least I wasn't useless for this quest." She said, replacing her katana's saya at her side on her belt holster.

"Thanks!" Haine accepted the woman's hand and regained her grounding. The field was open now, devoid of any other presence. The quest was a cakewalk and it had ended as soon as they raised their weapons. She didn't mind, it was a good warmup for a day that would be productive. A little bit of experience points never hurted! "Yup, glad to be of assistance." Haine moved to Kiluia and linked their arms together. They made haste for the treants, leaving the area behind. Open plains transitioned into dense forest floors. Haine feared she would lose her way here, were it not for the quest marker and Kiluia taking the lead.

She turned to the woman of little words and glanced for a moment. She couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't come across as too smothering. Whilst lost in thought, a question slipped off her tongue before she could stop herself. "How do you keep your hair so soft?"

With the king dead, the trio headed back to the forest entrance where the quest giver was patiently awaiting for their arrival. He bowed his head to the treant and spoke.  “Our job is done. Thank you for allowing us to clear away your troubles. “He spoke to the treant in a kind manner. Amber eyes went back to Shay and offered a polite smile to her. “I don’t think anything is useless. You did an amazing job taking on the king. You did what you could, and I respect that. “He slowly approached Haine and slid his hand into hers. HUD opened with his free hand and he started to scroll through some options. He sent a friend request over to Shay hoping she would accept. “I hope you invite us on another quest. Or at least, just say hello. I don’t mind having visitors and cooking for people.”  With another moment, he looked at the way toward town. " Shall we?"

The prompt showed up for a friend request. Shay mulled over it a moment before playing her hand on the blue button for 'Accept'. A ding and the two of them were now registered to their friends list. She wouldn't send one to to Haine, out of sheer unneed to do so. She was sure that if she wanted to get ahold of the girl, she could simply message Kiluia, or send her an invitation as well. If she did, she would accept the prompt as well.

Haine asked a question about her hair, but she wasn't really sure how to answer such a question. She did what any other girl would do to keep her hair as clean and soft as it is. "Uh, I shower and take care of it? Its just genetics I guess. Anyways, I have someone waiting on me, so you guys have a good day. If you need anything from me, don't be afraid to shoot me a message. I'll answer as soon as I can." And with that, Shay headed to the teleportation plaza and made her way back to the fourth floor.

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 2 quest; 1 page; 1 event
Col: 833 per player

Given to Shay
Party Leader will be gifted the <<Woodland Armor>>. This item has (3) charges and may not be refilled. This item does stack and is bound to the player. When used, Woodland Armor gives you (15 x Player's Tier) Mitigation for a single thread.