[PP | FL02] Long Live the Queen, Not Really though.

The mountainous regions of Floor two were beautiful that surrounded the little village that Kiluia was currently stationed in. He had set out on an adventure with a new friend he had acquired recently, Vie. The adventure was not difficult, but it was one he had forgotten to do at the lower levels. It was flagged in his log but was buried and continued to be buried until he had actually started to clear up his log. Now the log was filled with either extremely hard or extremely easy quests. He had cleared everything in between to exponentially increase his level.

The breeze cascaded through the village streets gently moving his white hair. The air was crisp while maintaining fair weather. It was neither cold or warm, but at the right temperature that he loved. The streets were bustling with travelers and NPC’s alike doing their daily grind, merchandising, or interactions like they did every day. It was almost routine to a point normalcy had been struck. For him, it was another day to knock out the daily grind for himself. He wanted to take Vie out since he hadn’t heard from her in a good minute so this was a way to check on her and see how she had been managing.

“Hope she’s doin well.” He just thought out loud. His location? The little café stall that allowed outdoor seating. It was his place he preferred to be since it as out in the open and he could see the teleport gate in view. In front of him was a piece of freshly baked muffin and a cup of chocolate milk. He would order her something to when she arrived.

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 39
HP: 780/780
EN: 78/78

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 41
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T2/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Rose Prism (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T2/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

It was earlier that she had been given the location as to her and Shishou's next meeting. A short and sweet DM sent to her at dawn of which she replied to immediately, because no one should keep Shishou waiting. That's just plain rude. Once again their journey would be on floor two, except this time- the quest had been one neither of them had went on. A mutually new experience- how exciting! It was a higher level than what she should be used too, but now that she had joined Firm Anima... She definitely hasn't had quite the normal newbie experience to Sword Art Online.

The girl wandered around in Urbus, a city she had already explored once before. The single-floored buildings appeared to be made sort of... not structurally sound. Everywhere she looked there was either a large smearing of adhesive substance to a fence-like patterned wood or a mixture of both straw and stone. It appeared extremely abnormal and rather old-fashioned to her, nonetheless she traveled on the cobbled roads with a grin on her face in seek of the destination at which she hoped to encounter the male she so admired. The hustle and bustle of NPCs exchanging goods was a pleasant sound to her ears. Though the city was hundreds of meters wide, she interpreted it as being quite quaint.

Finally- her eyes rested upon a small cafe with a view that could rival the best in her honest opinion. Complete with a few mountainous peaks in the background of the medieval roofs. Just as she entered she heard the male say "Hope she's doin' well," aloud. Vie grinned as she sneaked up behind him to pat him on the shoulder "I'm alright, no need to worry Shishou." Vie giggled watching him jump a little, clearly having been taken off-guard before walking around him and taking the seat opposite of his at the small outdoor table. "A muffin and chocolate milk, huh? Trying to get inspiration for your next experimental cuisine?" She poked fun at him in a friendly manner, hoping to provoke a conversation.

Spoiler

Vie | Lv. 5 | HP: 100/100 | EN: 10/10 | DMG: 2 (1 base, 1 skill)

Equipment
Weapon: Rapier [Vanity]
Armor: Light Armor [Vanity]

Skills
One-Handed Weapons [R1]

Edited by Vie

The feeling of her hand on his shoulder to alert him of her presence, slightly startled him but nothing drastic. Eyes would turn to look over his shoulder and he smiled motioning to the seat in front of him. “Heard that huh? I tend to worry about everyone I have met on a personal level.” He spoke. He grinned at her at the mention of his meal. “I’m just enjoying myself. I find a daily dose of normalcy keeps the crazy in check.” He motioned at the world around them. It was still crazy everyday for them to wake up to the chaos that ensued.

“So how have you been? I hope to hear stories of anything you have encountered.” He was very interested and hoping to hear she made new friends along the way. This place could be cruel to people and have adverse effects on the behavior on many players if they weren’t careful. He knew what it was like to be alone. Hand reached and grabbed his chocolate milk and took a sip. The waitress spotted her and stated to walk over to take her order if she had one. “My treat today.” He motioned to the menu.

"Ah, yes, sure... normal," she stifles a laugh and pretends to be serious. She didn't find the muffin/chocolate milk combo to be very "normal". "At least you're enjoying yourself, as you should be honestly." She smiles at the male across from her and stares at the pattern of the wooden table awkwardly for a bit. Feeling a little embarrassed at the idea of staring into his eyes while listening to him. She opens her mouth to ask a question while there's a moment of silence- but is promptly interrupted by a female outfitted as an employee that comes over and offers to take her order. After Kiluia's brief interjection, the girl begins to get a little too excited for her own good at the idea of a free meal. After some deliberation, she decides to refrain from ordering too much as they've still got a journey to go on and this bee might be far away! She shouldn't be feeling sick along the way. Vie turns to the woman and speaks, "Just a scone, blueberry please." The redhead stares for a moment, a little jealous that the waitress appeared to have her life in order with such professional attire and demeanor.

When the waitress leaves, Vie begins responding to a question he asked just before they had been interrupted. "Ahh, stories? I've got a few of them now that I've been here for a little while," she says while feeling sort of glad about having experienced so many different things. She begins her winding tale with some form of introduction, "Katoka, Ruler, and I went on a quest to kill a sand shark with Freyd," using a description of the lengthy journey to build up the intensity of the point of conflict, "...And then the shark unlatched its jaw right behind Katoka where she couldn't quite see, it nearly took a chunk of her health hostage..." intentionally leaving space between both the conflict and the resolution of it to create a little bit of anticipation- "but then it burst into millions of crystals! Like-" She created some homemade sound explosive effects for dramatic effect. Concluding with her own interpretation of the lesson learnt, "Moral of the story: Freyd seems insanely powerful. It's kinda crazy." She says, sort of teary-eyed just thinking about what would've happened to her emotionally if Katoka would've been devoured by the destructive creature.

Edited by Vie

Her explanation of the quest was cute. A smile crossed his face as she explained the entirety of the situation. The quest was something he had previously went on with Freyd. “Ah yes. The Sand Shark. It was quite a fun time for me too. Still finding sand in my shoes.” He frowned playfully. He pulled another piece of the muffin off and popped it into his mouth as they sat there. It seemed she had been making friends left and right now. He was happy for that. Those names may have been guildmates but going out there and making bonds was important to him.

The waitress came back with her scone order and a water for Vie. He looked up at the waitress. “Mind if I have a pastry box to go? Assorted please. Also, two bottles of water.” He would order before letting the waitress leave. Eyes returned to her and he spoke in a softer tone. “Yep. Freyd is an interesting one. We get along pretty well. I went on the same quest with him. And recently, the monkey king quest.” He smiled at the memory of what happened. “I’m happy for you.”

The girl laughs at his comment, fully relating to the pain that sand brought herself. Vie felt relieved that it seemed she had made a friend in this crazy world. Despite his unusual taste in breakfast combinations, he seemed like a truly reliable person- this was a quality she greatly appreciated.

A dish was sat in front of her, the scone looking absolutely delectable. A spread of blueberry preserve encircling a tasty-looking frosted scone. While she wasn't used to the display, she definitely recognized the effort put into it (especially since each element was homemade). Kiluia's directions were muffled to her as she was utterly infatuated by the meal, the girl salivated at the sight- she was sure she chose the best thing on the menu. As the waitress takes her leave, Vie immediately tries her best to keep some amount of table manners about her while practically inhaling it. She looks up and across the table, only now remembering that the white-haired male had been accompanying her though it was too late to prevent what had already happened. The redhead blushes, embarrassed that she had showed such barbaric behavior in front of Kiluia, 'he must think I'm some sort of goblin!' Patting the napkin that was provided against her mouth, she clears her throat to continue their conversation.

Her stance immediately changes from 'somewhat proper' to 'excited and sharing a conversation with a person I care about'. "I was really surprised to hear that he only recently joined! Wonder if I can level up that fast..." Her mind wanders a bit, but she shakes her head in order to avoid any self-deprecation that may occur if she continues on that train of thought. She ponders what the male meant by "I'm happy for you," for a moment. A little unsure how to take his comment, she responds with, "I'm glad you're able to sit back and relax once in a while. I have a sneaking suspicion that Freyd isn't very good at that," her message was accompanied by a smile, hoping that he didn't interpret the comment about their peer to be malicious, rather from a place of concern for a certain someone.

Continuing the conversation in an attempt to mask her likely judgemental assumptions she voices a question, "So, how long do you think the distance from this cafe to the quest location stretches?" Genuine curiosity washed over her as she hadn't been able to do her usual research, she was simply doing far too many things since having joined the guild! Before too long, the waitress returns with the assorted pastry box and a couple of bottles of water. "Thanks!" She thanked the employee as she walked off, leaving a bill that turned over on the table. Vie sort of averted her eyes from it as if an adult feeling guilty having their parents pay for dinner.

The scone had no chance. He pitied that scone for a second. Literally, one second. Eyes of amber glanced over the plate that literally had it for a moment when the waitress placed it down and the moment he ordered the box.  In that moment, the scone vanished. He was puzzled for a moment but it wasn’t a Sherlock Holmes mystery. This little red head could eat. Her red face proved to him that she was definitely one who had a guilty look. So that was her guilty pleasure.

Upon her delivery on Freyd, he placed his hand under his chin and spoke. “I’m glad I was able to get Freyd to join the guild. He is an oddball but his intentions are pretty good.” He noted.  Her response about him came and he thought for a moment on how he should respond. “ I think I am more relaxed than most due to the fact that I take it one day at a time now. Before I was one hell of a wreck trying to piece life together.”

When she questioned the distance between here and the quest destination, he simply pointed past the gate. “It’s down the path toward the field that’s a large plateau. She spawns there while her little busy bee workers are out and about.” Hand reached over as he pulled the bill to him flipping it over. HUD opened and he pulled the amount that was needed to pay. The assorted box would go in his inventory. “We have plenty of time to do other things if you want? Its not a hard quest by any means.” He pointed out a few shops they could visit. “Do you need anything personally, Vie?” He knew life could be tough especially in the beginning. What was it about Vie that made him offer certain things. He honestly did not know but would have to deliberate about it in private later.

The redhead responds to Shishou's comment while feeling a little guilty that she had talked about a guild member behind their back despite the fact that she knew it wasn't a hostile action rather a supportive one... "Someone once told me 'Life should be consumed in bite-sized pieces' I can't say that they're wrong honestly. That seems to have rung true for the majority of situations I've encountered anyway." The girl's words are spoken slowly and meticulously chosen as to ensure that Kiluia doesn't get the wrong idea.

After a few moments of thought, her attention turns to the white-haired male's arm as he stretches it out and motions with his index finger towards the location they would later fight the creature. She considers where she might like to go next, but instead of having a definitive place in mind she feels sort of content to some degree... Though also severely under-equipped. The act feels greedy, but she talks about her current situation as far as her build goes, "I mean... I suppose equipment would be high-up on the list, but I planned to ask someone about it later. Other than that, perhaps materials for future performer stuff? I have the feeling this Shiina character might have that handled, but I'd like to provide some relief to her if at all possible," she again speaks out of a place of worry. The care and sympathy she showed towards her fellow guild members seemed to shine through her words, despite their brief time together she felt they mutually supported her just the same.

Equipment usually was not scarce when it came to their guild. Future materials for performer? He thought about it for a moment and looked at her. “Well the first thing about performer is that I know nothing about performer. The person that I think you should converse with performer is Haine. I’m just a chef. When we built the estate, I’m had designs in mind to make her a recording studio.”

He stood up and began walking to a stall that had women’s and men’s clothing. “I think you wanting to be a support character is a great idea. I don’t see them very often and we can definitely help protect you while you are supporting us. The equipment situation for you should be solved. Our guild should have a variety of crafters and soon to be stuff in the vault. I want everyone to be set up for success so Haine and I went and hunted.” He could sense her worry. It was a sense of warming because she was new but she had already found her priority. “I’m sure that we will find something tailored to you. So no matter what, you’ll be useful to everyone.” He looked over at her.

Vie's eyes light up at the words "recording studio," the idea of it made her really happy. "Oooh, sounds nice! I'm sure it'll help her out a lot." She exclaims excitedly practically jumping up and down and wagging her tail and bounding towards him like a canine despite simply following his tracks and doing her best to replicate his footsteps and posture. "I like the idea of supporting other players, I just dislike having to rely on others because of my low amount of damage," the girl explains with a clear bit of uncertainty in her ability. The mention of equipment soon to come makes her smile despite feeling like she was being quite greedy, the idea that she'd be able to help others just as she'd been helped might be on the horizon kind of contradicted that.

Soon the two had approached the large marketplace- a maze of temporary stalls filled of locally grown fruit- apples, oranges, melons, berries... Everything you could think of. Raw meats in all sorts of varieties (including the still-headed kind) hung up on hooks sort of scared her though. There had also been pastries that would made a bystander's mouth water with its fresh smell. The colorless cloth roofs didn't really help in their attempt to differentiate themselves, but their wares were vastly contrasted from booth to booth. After a while of wandering about it she finally decides to drop yet another question to the male she had previously bombarded with strings of likely intrusive inquiries, "Kiluia, is there any sort of food you've ever wanted to make that you haven't been able to?" Cuts through the long silence that had perched upon the two.

The enthusiasm that she exuded was quite endearing. Say that three times fast. But really, she had this honest foundation that could go either way. The place started to fill up quickly from local NPC buyers to adventurers alike. The stalls lined up seemed to have every type of item you could think of. From Trinkets to produce and from clothing to weapons, you could find it here. “I guess I’d like to make a crepe. The flavor of the crepe is delicate and can burn easily. Any crepe would be nice but a fruit one would be refreshing for today.” He looked at her. He didn’t know if she knew what a crepe was but he would assume she did.

Their little adventure would take them into the enter of the marketplace. This had higher quality product but a slightly higher in cost. He was out shopping for these things due to the fact that he wanted to ensure he was getting top notch product or a decent price. Finding a reliable source would always come first. “Do you have a house you are staying in currently?” He inquired about her living arrangements to gauge if she had a place to make a studio.

As Kiluia mentions a particular dish, she searches her memory for whatever the hell a crepe is. She remembers a delightful little dessert snack she and her mother shared while talking about what had happened throughout the day. During her nostalgic moment of remembrance she has this satisfied smile on her face as if nearly reverting back to a child-like state. Shaking her head to come back to Earth, she further questions Kiluia, "What sorts of fruits would these delicious crapes require?" She makes eye contact and tilts her head slightly. After her inquiry she decides to turn and stare at the little baskets of strawberries from a seemingly empty nearby stall. As the two approach it, Vie considers picking up a package or two and inspecting them but shows restraint, deciding to instead quickly glance at them to decide whether or not they were worth it. After a bit of time passes the white-haired male asks about her living situation. "I sort of just stay at whichever town I happen to adventure through. Inns aren't too expensive to stay at though housing does feel like a concern I'll have at later levels," she explains while wondering where he had stayed at during his earlier days if not an inn of sorts.

Crepes came in a variety of types. Savory, sweet, bitter, and sour were a few of the types. Kiluia like to target the audience of sweet and savory. “When I make a crepe, I like to make it with several types of fruit. The base is usually like a pineapple and kiwi. I then add strawberries and oranges for flavor and color profile.” He looked at the same fruits she was examining. The price was decent, but the produce wasn’t good quality vs. what he expected. A smile crossed his face as he remembered his earlier days living off the land or going into an inn.

He paused a moment at the stall and started to speak. “I was usually living at the Inn or outside in a tent. It wasn’t too bad since we had a perimeter to ensure we wouldn’t be attacked by random monsters.” He looked at the sun and notice it wasn’t over head now. It was cooling down and he looked over at her. “It’s time for us to get moving to the wasp queen. Did you want to pick anything else up before we head out?” He was thinking about offering her a place to stay if he built another room with Haine. It was of course going to be a consensual decision between Haine and himself.

As Kiluia mentions his previous experiences in the game, she laughs simply imagining what SAO would've been like in beta for beginning players. It was probably brutal as far as comfort went- especially since it still has a level of discomfort with mattresses that just don't quite feel the same as the one at home and coffee that's too bitter for her palate. She's dragged away from this thought as a question is addressed to her, responding with "I think I'll grab a few ingredients for your future crepes," and a followup smile. Her low attention span allows her to jump from stall to stall picking and choosing whichever ingredients she deemed were ripe and suitable for a crepe. She would pick up a kiwi or two and inspect it to see if it had any issues before bagging it and talking to the cashier of each booth. This happened for each and every ingredient the white-haired male had mentioned- pineapples, strawberries, and oranges. When her side-quest is complete she turns to the man and asks "Do you think these will do?" slightly curiously tilting her head and held up the plastic bag to his field of view that had been used to hold all of the different fruits she gathered.

Watching Vie leave and return quickly was nothing short of an outstanding feat. He blinked several times as the young lady happened to move quickly with ingredients in hand. He slowly nodded and examined the quality of the ingredients. “These are really great.” He looked at her and then back at the ingredients. “Does this mean you want a crepe?” He perked a brow before handing her col. She was very sweet. He would be happy to invite her on a variety of quests or to tag along with any other type of quest she needed assistance with.

“Do you wanna get going, Vie?” He tlted his head slightly wondering if they should take off or explore a little longer. He didn’t wanna seem pushy about the quest development. They could literally goof off the entire day and just return to it whenever they wished to do it. “Or we could explore the outside and look for materials.”

As Kiluia questions her motives, she puts one hand against her hip and the other in the air as if scolding him though it seemed more amusing than frightening with her petite stature. "It's not about me wanting a crepe," her eyes glitter in an unconvincing way despite her serious tone as she continued, "you said you've not made crepes in the game before! It's your chance to show them off to Haine. If you genuinely want to make them and put a lot of effort and care into them, I'm sure they'll taste great!" She says with a smile that oozed sunshiny happiness, as if making a point despite the fact that they'd likely be amazing either way as he clearly appeared to have a bit of experience in the matter.

When the white-haired male recommends continuing the quest, she immediately jumps in favor of his comment. "Sure! Let's go destroy that bee!" She says in a little too-excited voice that would likely normally scare someone if they heard it. The girl knew that a wasp wasn't the same as a bee, but didn't correct her statement anyway. Because who really cares? It's gonna die regardless.

He would walk with Vie toward the exit of town. Her optimism was catchy as he listened to the little lass talk about making crepes. Her argument was convincing but not at the same time. “I think you can be my taste tester then. You don’t have a problem with that right?” Of course, that would be tasty job for anyone. All the taste and filling but none the weight gain. Her enthusiasm for the battle of the bee would also leave him with an imprint of her positive go get em attitude.

Time passed them as they continued to walk down the path. A certain penguin was tailing behind the duo. The penguin was bored as all hell as well but was also mad that her master left her behind. She was waddling quietly behind and hiding behind certain rocks that would hide her body. Well, most of her body. “You know… I can hear you…” He looked at the familiar and sighed and motioned it to come forward with them walking. A loud buzzing sound was heard now.

The idea of being able to taste test so many "faulty" crepes made her salivate. "I definitely... have no problem with being a full-time taste tester if you're offering," was muffled as she turned to wipe a bit of drool away. As they continued on the path and headed further from their meetup point, she thought about how far she had come as a person since just having joined the guild and smiled to herself. She had too many new experiences to count! She soon realized that Kiluia's small penguin familiar had been following them on their travels though trying to be sneaky, her footsteps were hard to mask. As the male motions the penguin forward, Vie decides to pick the small familiar up and carry her. Feeling unsure whether the right term was fur for the texture pressed up against her arm, it was a comforting feeling to hug something regardless. After a while of traveling, a loud noise was heard overhead. An unfamiliar buzzing, "Is that... a helicopter?" The redhead questions, lacking knowledge having to do with wasps.

Edited by Vie

The penguin had no idea how to react to being lifted. It’s beady eyes looked back and forth at the path that was being walked down on and accepted the fact that this one was nicer than Haine.  Due to perhaps the fact that she did not know the penguin’s personality… yet. Kil’s eyes would side glance the penguin wondering what it would do. When it stayed in place, he wondered if the penguin was just shocked that someone was willing to carry the blubbery thing. He glanced at Vie and shook his head. “Nope…” They rounded the bend and he watched as the queen wasp was by herself in the spawn of the quest. It was larger than all the wasps they had seen prior. This was the time of day that the worker bees would be out draining as many honey flower plants that was needed for their daily quota.

He looked at Vie. “Want first crack at it?” He wanted them to experience combat before he would knock it out of the sky. He offered a light smile as the penguin wiggled out of her grasp to hide behind the two. That was a mean looking wasp to the penguin.

Kiluia| 780/780 HP | EN:78/78 | DMG: 17 | MIT:41 | EVA: 1 | ACC:4 | BLD:24 | REC:1

Vie | Lv. 5 | HP: 100/100 | EN: 10/10 | DMG: 2 

Wasp Queen | 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

The two rounded the corner, and Vie came face to face with the wasp queen. As the penguin attempted to break free of her hold she tried to hang on, but it didn't take long for her to escape. She realizes that her mouth is slightly agape at the large insect that looked... extremely frightening with that large stinger that threatened to poison the two. Closing her mouth and attempting to act proper to some extent she breaks the silence, "I... uhh, guess not," while unshething her rapier and pointing the tip of its blade towards the creature. Still inexperienced with martial arts in comparison, she didn't want to take any risks despite the fact she dealt puny damage in comparison to the male. "You're not going anywhere, bee!" She shouts in a not-so menacing manner despite trying to be threatening. The redhead runs up to the massive insect flapping its wings and slashes twice at its thorax, it groans in pain and falls to the ground, clearly feeling distressed by the injury caused by her.

[Rip Ravine] ID # 161668 BD: 10, Hit! Dealing (2 (dmg) +2 (crit)) * 2 (SA), [8 DMG]

Kiluia| 780/780 HP | EN:78/78 | DMG: 17 | MIT:41 | EVA: 1 | ACC:4 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Vie | Lv. 5 | HP: 100/100 | EN: 10/10 | DMG: 2 

Wasp Queen | 42/50 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Vie