[PP | F5] «Butcher of the Sands»

Haine felt a lack of productivity as of late. The guild chat was barren and her quest list was running dry. She was lounging at home, unsure of what to do. Boredom was getting the best of her then. She belly flopped onto the couch, her cub jumping onto her back. "Oof." She felt the wind leave her lungs at the impact of the heavy creature. "Damn Mees. Why do you gotta be so heavy?" She frowned. Maybe the cub was growing after all, slowly yet surely. She idly scrolled through her quests list, an unenthused expression on her face. She heard foot steps across the room and called out to her love.

"Kiiiiil. What are you up to?"

She looked  across the room at him.

"Wanna quest today?" She mused out loud. "I'm tired of grinds, I wanna fight something cool. You down?" She propped her chin on her palms and swiped down her HUD.

USING: Slime Farm 1/1 (7/31/20)

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 59
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 66
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:

Divine Piercer - Aqua [Weapon]: Damage 2, Bleed 1
Heart's Container - Aquilia [Light Armor]: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Osiris's Grips [
Trinket]: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:

Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter HP Potions (+50 HP)*3

Housing Buffs:

Bedroom ( Rested ) -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat

Basic Workshop ( Working ) -  +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Slime farm ( Basic training ) +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month. Must be used on a player's first post in a thread. Cooldown begins counting down when used in a post.

Fishing Pond ( Angler ) +1 material gained when fishing

Guild Hall Buffs:

Trading hall

Every member of Firm Anima receives an additional +2 EXP for each craft. +5 to salvage recovery LD's. (10+ for alchemy crystals, 6+ for others). If you are rank 9 you also get +1 crafting attempt/day. If you are rank 10 you get +2 crafting attempts/day.

Treasury

+5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Storage Vault

Allows a guild to create a Storage Vault in their Guild Page. Members can use this thread to store and withdraw items. Any items that have trading restrictions cannot be moved to a Storage Vault.

Guild Bank

Allows the Guild Owner to promote one member (or themselves) to 'Treasurer'. This unlocks access to a Guild Bank spending account.

Basic Kitchen

Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30

Living Room

Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Scents of the Wild:

Kumatetsu 

Yamata no Orochi

Wedding Ring:

The previous day with their little argument seemed like a distant memory in certain parts but the more important parts were that they managed to work it out. The sing song voice of hers was heard going through the house. He was outside making arrangements to have Asmura move in with them. He put his head in and looked at her. “Hey. Sure, I don’t mind going on a quest. I wanted to make some measurements and arrangements for Asmura’s room. I’ll have pictures for you soon.”

He stepped inside the house where it was cooler and he felt the relief wash over him. He was slightly sweaty and his shirt was off trying to not overload the heat through his body. “Oh god it feels good in here.” He looked at her.” What quest did you think of looking for?” He approached her after grabbing a glass of water.

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 42
HP: 840/840
EN: 84/84

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 41
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T2/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Rose Prism (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T2/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Her attention perked at the mention of Asmura's room. "Is it comin' along well?" She clasped her hands together. "Her room has to be the best one in this house, we gotta think out of the box." She put a finger to her chin. "Do you know what color she likes...?" Haine felt a bit guilty for not knowing these little things, she'd have to ask the girl so the surprise would have more impact. "But! Something with lots of sunlight and open space, I think-" Her eyes lit up at a sudden inspiration. "Ooh, ooh!" She sat up and pushed her HUD aside. "What about a bay-window?"

Haine was adamant on crafting a perfect house.

She glanced at his physique for a moment. They'd been living together long enough for her to not ogle like an idiot anymore, but it was nice to stop and admire sometimes. She was a woman after all. Haine averted her gaze and scooted back on the couch, patting the empty spot beside her. "Hmm, I don't know actually. There's a couple of easy ones but I don't wanna break too much of a sweat..." She trailed off, recalling the godforsaken desert quest on the list.

Edited by Haine

He nodded at her and smiled. “Yeah, I just have to just get the outline done and input specifications.” He shook his head no at the remark of the color. “I wish I knew, but she’ll be living here so… I am hoping she’ll confide in us when the time comes.” He wrote down the bay window idea and smiled slightly at her. Her opinion mattered the most to him. He didn’t sit beside her but lean over the couch bending over to look at her eye to eye. “I saw that.” He grinned and kissed her lips “I know what you mean about the desert… but I think there is really one left.

He flipped through his own HUD and spoke to her. “It’s called the Butcher of the Sands.” He looked at her. It did some good damage but the two could one shot it if they were able to hit it accurately.

"Alright. Just let me know if I can help around some more." She leaned back on her seat and wrapped her arms around her knees. She traced Kiluia to his spot behind the couch and looked up at him. She smiled into the kiss and stole another one before he pulled away. She would've liked to cuddle, but he was breaking a bit of a sweat, in and out of the house the whole day. She stifled a pout and focused her attention on more productive things. It was time for her to pick up her slack and do more than lounging on the couch eating grapes.

"Yeah, that one! Might as well..." She opened her HUD and scrutinized some other quests. "And it seems like we're running out of the easy stuff anyways. This is one of the last ones." She set a destination on her marker and stretched. With a satisfying crack of her back, she settled back into the couch. Haine twisted around looked up at Kiluia. "Anything you've gotta do before we head out?"

He had grabbed a towel and shook his head. “Nothing right now that I can think of.” He would start wiping the sweat off his shoulders and the back of his neck. He would let his body cool down before equipping all of his items needed for the quest. He started to grab water and a snack for group and began petting Pingu’s head. “Is the cub ready to go too?” He would stand by the door waiting for his beloved to head to the hell floor. Then again, it wasn’t as bad as that lava floor he was on prior. A shiver went down his back as he didn’t like that floor and would probably get more skills before attempting any other type of quest that involved fire.

While she was getting herself ready, he perused the quest thinking about what they could do on the floor other than sweat. He was looking up all sorts of information on the town really. Perhaps a secret ingredient.

"Alright!" She attempted to push herself off the couch, but the soft leather sunk her in and it was incredibly cozy. She groaned and slumped back. "Mmm... right now...?" He was already far off tending to things. She sighed, and with one final kick, got off the couch. She cracked her back and called out to Kiluia. "Wait! Just gotta find Mees and change real quick." She paced up the stairs and found the cub snoozing on his little bed in the corner. She shook him slightly and called out. "Meeesk. I know you're gonna hate this, but we have to go for a quest. I promise it'll be quick...?" 

She cringed a little, knowing full well that arctic animals and sweltering heat did not mix well. She would need the bear's prowess, however.  She scooped up the cub and set him onto her bed. "Hurry, hurry..." she thought aloud, making a mess of her room as she rummaged through her drawers for her items. She equipped her outfit and combed her hair.

Finally, after nine years, she was down by the door waiting.

"Alright, I'm ready."

This was what he was going to live with for the rest of his life. It was okay for her to change and stuff. She was already perfection in his eyes. There was no need to over do that since the world might actually go after her. This would worry him from time to time as they would be out in public. They were off the next moment as he slipped his hand into hers. Their house was conveniently located by the gate which was nice. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek as they were teleporting.

The arrival was met with instant heat. It was chaotic since Pingu really didn’t like the heat and instantly whined. He would pet her head and give her some water. They would have to go due north if they wanted to reach the quest marker. ” The NPC’s don’t really mention it to the adventurers so they don’t go running to their deaths.”

A sudden gust of heat signified their arrival in the desert town. She scrunched her nose in an instant reaction and blocked the sunlight from her eyes. It was a shame they couldn't quick travel right to the starting point. The journey would always begin in settlements, the group would have to waddle their way out if they wanted to get there. She pumped her fist in determination and whipped her head around. "Alright, let's go-ooooh?" Her gaze trailed from Kiluia to a snowcone vendor in the shade. Her golden eyes glimmered and she grasped her love's hand. "Babe... Can we? Just for a lil'?"

She didn't wait for a reply and walked off to the stand. She clasped her hands and greeted the NPC with a beam. All the flavors were enticing, how could she pick just one? "Ahh, dilemma..." she thought aloud,  squinting at the pictures plastered on the wall. "Hi! Yes, um, may I get the watermelon? Oh?" She looked at the bowl sizes and pointed at the largest one. "That one please!" She clapped giddily and glanced over her shoulder at Kiluia. "Ihopeyoulikewatermelon."

He knew she loved strong sweet flavors. Watermelon was one of the things that they enjoyed in reality and the treat to having it here was just the same when in dry heat. The wind gust had blown some sand around them but it wasn’t too bad yet. He nodded slightly as he looked at the rest of the goods that were being sold at the stand. It seemed it was a variety of thirst quenching fruits that would allow the customer to feel satisfied. The NPC was onto something. He was already doing this at his shop on the 4th floor with the warm cocoa’s and the desserts he wanted to start piling up in his shop.

He looked over at Haine and pointed at the other items such as cantaloupe and honey dew. “We will take those as well. ”He could also make a variety of other things such as fruit salad and things for when Asmura would move in and Haine would just purely enjoy. Strange… He felt like a caregiver more and more. “Are you excited about Asmura..?”

Haine eyeballed the NPC as they put together their treat. She all but leaned over the counter with her nosy self. Haine marveled over the colors and smells, this world mirrored reality in every way. To think she could spend all the time she wanted being a glutton with no consequences? The world was her oyster!  She all but forgot Kiluia's question and blinked. "Hmm? Oh, Asmura?" She shot a thank you at the NPC and accepted the snowcone bowl. She left the fruit cups to Kiluia. "Oh yes, she's absolutely adorable. I wanna put her in my pocket. I'm glad she's moving in with us, she needs some normalcy in this shit world." She gestured towards an empty table and made a beeline for it. She set the cup down and settled into her seat, gesturing to the other side of the table for her love. 

Miska, however, had a different idea. The cub climbed on top of Kiluia's seat and lounged there. The penguin who was waiting at her owner's side abandoned ship to scratch at Haine's leg. Both familiars were entranced by the sweet treats.

The bluenette shook her head and giggled. "Fine! But I get first bites." She bopped Pingu's nose and sunk the poon into the shaved ice. She shoveled in a mouthful and swished the sweetness around. Ice melted into a delicious, brain freeze inducing symphony. Haine cringed and squeezed her temple. "Oof."

Edited by Haine

He looked at the foods and then dropped a bomb on Haine. “I was thinking of adopting her…” Her words about normalcy rang true. It was hard for someone so young to fight in a death game. It wasn’t real to most people in the world that this was a death game but it was indeed what it was. He wanted to ensure that these two would never find death and hoped they would find themselves alive out in the real world with him. He wanted to see their smiling faces when this horrid game was over and say one day he loved those two very much. Amber eyes traveled to the blue haired lover and he smiled at her.

“Don’t eat too much of those sweets. We have a lot of things to do soon. Too much will make you sick.” He took a bit out of his own watermelon as he packed the rest of the melons into his inventory.

Haine paused on a mouthful of shaved ice and trained her eyes on the other. "Like, adopt-adopt?" She swallowed and set the spoon down as her mind lingered. In the time that she knew Asmura, she'd grown fond of her company and adored her. The girl was bubbly with a level head on her shoulders which was uncommon of those her age. She wondered what walk she led in life and how she had faired in this cruel world for the past few years. She felt an absence of her maternal side ever since her sister had disappeared. She missed the feeling of looking after someone younger she held close... it hit close to home. Her amber eyes softened at his declaration. "I want to. We have so much space to be shared, I think she'll love it with us." She propped her chin on her palms and closed her eyes, a soft smile curving her lips. 

She opened her eyes and scooped a spoonful of the sickly sweetness. "Love, eat quicker before it melts." She opened her mouth with an 'aah' and brought the spoon to his lips. She scooped another bite and devoured it with a hum of approval. "Shush, there's no such thing," the woman quipped.

He started eating that shaved ice that had been melting away. He wasn’t exactly sure where his mind was as he looked at her. “Yeah I want to adopt her. You and I.” He ate the shaved ice before starting their walk. He grinned at her as she seemed happy with the decision. “She’s the youngest I have met in the game that I can remember. I don’t want her to suffer. Not in the least.” It wasn’t fair for her. She had only started life and to be here was absolutely a nightmare.

Quickly, he ate the food and started heading north of the town with Haine. It was almost time to go now. He glanced at her after finishing up their shaved ice. “We are building a home for the three of us. So…. I’d like to be her dad…”He muttered slightly walking through the sand. "If that's okay with you."

Haine's eyes softened at the prospect of being a pseudo mom. She was the least bit qualified for such an honor, a childish spirit who often bickered with her sister more than setting an example. It felt nice though, to imagine what a life with Asmura in the mix would be like. She deserved to feel secure somewhere, to have the chance to be her age instead of struggling with this cruel world. "I feel the same and I really want that, if she'd accept us." She brushed her bangs back and scooped in a few more bites. 

It was about time to get moving. She pushed out of her seat and followed Kiluia to their destination. The heat became prevalent again. She walked faster to match the tall man's strides and outrun the heat in some sort of way. His question invoked a feeling of warmth in her. "And I'll be... mom?" Her words were softer as she tried to process things.

His face reddened at the fact she said the word mom. It was literally their own little family. Just had to tie the knot but how did it really work here in SAO? He had to go to the first floor and talk to the orphanage to see how that all worked here in SAO. But then again, he could just ask for Asmura’s consent when it came down to it. “Yeah. You’d be mom.” A smile crossed his face.

The big arena came into view and it was rather crude in construction. It mattered not as they had reached their destination. They entered the arena and immediately their exit was blocked. Good. He didn’t want the damn thing to run of screaming after the pounding it was going to get. He looked at her and smiled. “You’ll be great.” He took off without another thought. Feet raced toward the Giant Lizard man and his fist drew back. He smiled widely as he threw one punch to the creatures jaw shattering its front teeth. The second fist came from the right as he punched downward, an over right hook, into its snout causing it to fall forward. (All Might-14)

Spoiler

image.png.367e32e5dbf1c23ce4d6d0dcbcda41c4.png

Kiluia | 840/840 HP | 70/84 EN | DMG: 15 | MIT 41 | ACC 2| EVA 41| BLD 24 | REC 1

Sando Satsu | 130/350 HP | DMG 100 |20 MIT ----> Enraged 150 DMG 30 MIT 

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Haine blushed, she liked the ring of the name. She would try her best if Asmura would have her. Her mind trailed off to the idea of family. The idea of the two being parents together had her mind wandering all sorts of directions. She loved it to say the least, all mushiness aside.

“Okay.”

Soon enough, they’d neared the quest location. The desert temperature was grueling and she had gone the whole way without complaining, by some miracle. The barren sandy hills merged into a great arena in the middle of nowhere. The quest marker dinged, and on cue, the hideous lizard man emerged. Haine snorted at the foe’s stats, it was gonna be a cake walk.

She gave her love the first hit and materialized her blade in the meanwhile. She whistled as she watched him at work. One punch and a crack of the creature’s skull later, she erupted in laughter. “Nice one! Save me some.” She rushed in behind and made a grand gesture out of nothing. She leapt into the air and landed on top of the alligator, driving the spear into its cranium. She watched as its health dwindled to a satisfying red, then nothing.

ID: #163625

BD: 4 + 4 ACC = 8 [ HIT ]

DMG: 19x15 - 30 MIT = 255 DMG

Players

Kiluia | 840/840 HP | 70/84 EN | DMG: 15 | MIT 41 | ACC 2| EVA 41| BLD 24 | REC 1

Haine | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 104/118 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36

Enemies

Sando Satsu | 0/350 HP | DMG 100 |20 MIT ----> Enraged 150 DMG 30 MIT 

Edited by Haine

He whistled right back at her. They made short work on everything and it was evident they had teamwork. “Damn. Really don’t want to be the receiving end of that.” He looked around the area for materials, but nothing seemed to be there. He walked over to the creature and picked up the cloak it dropped. He looked at his love and walked over to her. “We can give Asmura this until we can get her fitted with something better.” His words were soft and filled with a strange sense of parental love. It was but also wasn’t foreign to him. He became a little softie when it came to her. A light smile crossed his face as he began walking with her. “Let’s head back. The sun is setting.

He pressed the lever and it opened for them to leave out of the arena. This place would probably disappear since they had taken care of the lizard. He shrugged slightly as he began walking out with her. “You nervous?” He looked a her slightly.

Spoiler

image.png.f943069e3c57fa86c1a26dbe961c221e.png

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

She perused the cloak and its stats, it was a fitting gift for Asmura to begin combat. “I like the thorns, powerful.” She admired the design and the sharp edges of the cloak. “Ooh.” She thought their future with Asmura. She wanted to give the girl an effortless life free from the blade - but that was not what the other had wanted. The free spirit longed to take charge like the others, Haine would simply support her as much as she could.

She blinked, incredulous at how the sun was already setting. Wasn’t it just bright spankin’ sunny a moment ago? She shook her head and chalked it up to the quest’s written cue. She didn’t mind either way, for the absence of the sun’s scorching rays made the air cooler.

“Heck yeah, it’s going to feel weird,” Haine admitted. She didn’t know the first thing about parenting, but she liked the idea of being the cool mom. They didn’t need to put a label on that. “It’ll be fine, don’t worry your head about it.” She reached up to attempt to pat her love’s head, but he was too damn tall. She lowered her hand to his shoulder and pat that instead.

Edited by Haine

You ever wonder why traveling home seemed faster than going somewhere?  The sight of the town was nearing as they traveled through the desert waste. He would stretch his arms and nonchalantly place his arm around her. They had gone through hell and back pretty much when it came to doing these things. They survived for a good chunk of time as well. He glanced at Haine and then back ahead. “Still. I’m a little nervous. I always wanted a family with you.” The town was growing closer and the warm air began to chill as they walked casually. “I think we should figure out if she wants to come fight with us or not. That way we can keep an eye on her at all times.” He was protective of people he loved and he had a growing fond over the little girl. They eventually made it to the gate and headed home.

Thread Complete

Haine 6 SP ( 3 Completion, 1 page bonus, 1 slime farm, 1 event) 200 col
Cloak of the Sand
Kiluia 5 SP (3 Completion, 1 page bonus, 1 event bonus) 200 col

Spoiler

image.png.6e29d230926f8f8385be703a03eb2996.png

Edited by Kiluia Seiko