[PP-22] <<Night About the Galactic Lake>> Sundered Spire Ascendance

"You know..." Mari said with a sigh as she shoved the tip of her spear into the ground and leaned her body weight against its shaft. "I don't think I'll ever get over  seeing people I care about be thrown around or hit like ragdolls. I get the pain isn't there. Hell-" She snorted. "Half the time the danger is non existent. It's just alarming seeing that yanno?" Her eyes shifted to where the previous waves of Vanguard had come from. At least they were  gone...for now.

"The Tarot..." Mari repeated- she'd heard of it, in passing. But wasn't familiar with its members or leadership. "Leveling guild....so I'd  say that's similar to Jacobs Ladder." Mari commented as she slid further down the pole till she came to a crouching position just above the grassy plain.  "I'm Mari. Although..." She gave Freyd a wry grin. "I'd say you've met be before, once upon a dream. The smile faded, as did her jovial tone - "Mmm." The less he knew about her, the better, right? But Hiding things was just as bad as lying. Lie by omission and all that.

Mari's brows furrowed as she chewed the inside of her cheek. If he wanted to know her, he could do his own research right? The topic at hand was guilds, not speckled pasts.
"I'm a Guild Leader within a leveling/Frontline guild known as Jacobs Ladder. Our goal is to help others well climb up and outta Aincrad." Mari wasn't big on the naming convention of the guild, she still thought 'Super Best Friends Club' was a better name. "I think informing a few guilds about this threat would be useful. You....shouldn't try burdening this own your own err shoulders." Mari wasn't good with words. "But - I mean - " She drew a deep breath and continued, easing herself into a fully seated position upon the grass.

"I know a lot of people who'd be willing to help. Strong players like Baldur, Shield...Macradon - yeh he'd help for sure." Mari said, adding names to Cordelia's list. "They would wanna know. There's a Jacobs Ladder event happening after the Tanabata festival. Mostly just grinding for materials and Col for the upcoming fight and a picnic. I can bring it up to the guild then."

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows @Cordelia

"Oscar and I split up after we first found signs of the Sundered Spire on floor nine.  He was meant to be contacting the Tarot and other front liners."  Freyd found it highly unlikely that anything could have successfully diverted the man, given the prowess he'd displayed.  "It's possible that he went to warn others before the rest of the Tarot, knowing that a number of you would already be here.  Between his efforts and those of my compatriots, Coral should receive warning in time." 

He turned his attention specifically to Mari.  "I know little of Jacob's Ladder, save that some of you were at the festival.  The more the merrier, I suppose.  Sorry if I came across a bit odd earlier, things have been off-the-wall crazy of late.  It was also very strange to meet someone that I recognized, right down to the voice, without having ever actually met them before.  My memory is usually much more reliable."

Pushing himself off the ground, he stretched lithe, wiry limbs that shouldn't ache but chose to anyway.  Freyd looked like he was in his late teens, despite actually being halfway through his next decade.  A plain face with simple features gave him an unremarkable appearance, right down to a predictably unruly mop of mousy brown hair.  He was a few inches taller than them, but his slim build made him seem unobtrusive.  Only his deep brown eyes were notable, with a hint of red within and a depth to them that spoke of awareness beyond his years.

"You also had it right, Mari.  My name is Freyd.  I'm with Firm Anima - though I suspect you might more likely recognize Raidou, our guild leader.  I've only just joined their ranks."

Dismissing his white blade, he placed both hands on his hips and looked around at the collateral damage this still lingered in the area.  "So far, it's been quite the escapade."

(Freyd rests to restore energy 1 of 2)

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Cordelia gave Mari a sympathetic smile. "Yeah, I get it. Don't worry, but least I didn't get skewered like Baldur did back during Forgotten Time King though, right?" she chuckled, heaving a deep sigh as she remembered how unnerving it was to watch her teacher get treated like meat to a stick. Yeah... that wasn't really pretty watch. 

"Mmm... it's a pretty small and tight-knit guild. Mostly just made up of friends and stuff," she added, giving Mari a nod before she turned to Freyd. "Ah, right. That whole dream thing. I'm not really sure what to say about that," she mumbled, chuckling wrly as she rubbed her arm up and down. She never knew dreams could... do that? It seemed almost unreal, really. It felt more like something else was at play than an actual dream, but she'll leave it at that.

The girl's brows scrunched up, even more confused than before. "Ah... right," she muttered, averting her gaze to the ground. None of that really made sense to her (and a lot of things don't, to be honest). She was sure the closest people to Oscar were within The Tarot, so why would he go ahead and tell other players first, especially when they had capable players like NIGHT and Bahr amongst their ranks? Cordelia sighed. Some things were just beyond her understanding, apparently, but she couldn't bring herself to dwell on it any more.

"Oh, you're associated with Raidou?" she asked, her face going blank for a second before she shrugged. "He's quite the guild leader now from what I've heard. Our personalities didn't really... click when we first met each other though," she whispered hotly, her had dragging down her face in almost an exhaustive manner.

"Raidou..." Mari breathed as she ran her hand through her hair. "Seems I've literally slapped some sense into him." Her encounter with the man was...not the best. "We met. He was very pushy. Kept demanding I open up my feelings and talk it through. Thing is. I wasn't gonna do that with some stranger. Guy needed to learn that no means no." Mari added with an annoyed huff as she crossed her arms over her chest.  

Besides, I don't have time for what I feel. Not when so many others are relying on me

"Still..." Mari added after a moments pause. "It's good...if yanno - he's got a guild and people to back him up. Seems like the guy who needs it." Mari turned from Cordelia to Freyd. "Seems we're all a little run down..." Mari released her arms and offered the two a smile. "Let's head back to the event before it wraps up. I got some stars to deliver to some annoying brats."

Mari turned on her heel then paused. She glanced over her shoulder, tousled orange hair shifting in the breeze. "IF any of you need it. Just message me - I'll be there. Yeh?" Mari diverted her gaze as she opened up her HUD, shooting Freyd a friend request. Normally - Mari didn't like adding people willy nilly. But Freyd looked like he had a good head on his shoulders. And this was an important matter.

Mari shut her eyes. All she could do was continue on. Push down what she felt. And ensure everyone else made it out of Aincrad. "See ya." Mari said as she gave them a final wave goodbye.

-Mari leaves the thread

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows  @Cordelia

Thread Reward Summary

Mari:

5 SP (1 page + 1 event + 3 quest)
15,184 Col
4 X T3 Materials
3 x T3 Rare Trinket  [165750]. [165844]. [165845]
33 Gold Stars

Cordelia:

5 SP (1 page + 1 event + 3 quest)
3,320 Col (2,920 loot + 400 page)
2 T3 Materials
1 x T3 Rare Trinket [165749]
11 Gold Stars

Freyd:

3 SP (1 page + 1 event +1 Grace)
17,343 col
4x T3 materials
2x T3 Rare Weapon [165850a] [165747a]
2x T3 Uncommon Consumable [165850b] [165747b]
1x T3 Perfect Weapon [165851]
48x Gold Stars

Edited by Arabelle
note: +3 SP to Mari & Cord for quest completion. | revisions made to col/T3 materials summary; posts no. 9, 19.