[PP|F22] <<Witch of the West>> Beating Around the Bush

Witch of the West

"Tell you what, I uh...", Chase quickly opened his quest log, looking through the quest log and laughing awkwardly. "... Witch of the West. It's on gran's floor, so I can get my armors identified and then get a consumable that I think Simmone uses on them, for next time. I don't want to load her with all the work, or else she might not like me as much.", he stopped before he'd start going on a bit of a tangent, but the main plan was there. Go on the 22nd, get his items identified and then strike the witch down for some more SP and the brew she dropped.

He silently let his index finger gloss over the unidentified armors once more, dreaming of how great the results might be- although he didn't want to get his hopes up just to see them getting shit on by horrible luck, he was sure there could be something to find. And even putting that aside, he was too excited with his first batch of identifications to just keep his hopes down. Something good had to come out of them at the very least, after all. "... That's what I think at least. What say you?"

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 45
HP: 920/920
EN: 90/90

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:9
VAMP DEF:46
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Wind Dweller>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I, REC II
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Spyglass (2/3)*1
T1 Rare Health Potions (heal 40HP)*2
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (2/3)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (-): +1 Rank to the - skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR

Her hand washed away the interface from reality. "Sure," NIGHT chipped in, returning her palms to her pockets. She enjoyed the musical reference a little more than one might've imagined; her lit eyes could easily give away the excitement she had for making the trip once again. And her companion's plan for the identification potions were more than welcome too, doubtless she might be able to get her hands on some to bring over to Andromeda once she was feeling ready to get her gear examined once more. "Elphaba should go down pretty quickly from what I remember. As much as I don't appreciate hurting her again..."

The player hummed, the side of her index to her lips, starting to stride off in the direction of the settlement again. "How's your level looking like, by the way? We've been churning out these bosses for a while; did it go up by any significant amount?"

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 159/159
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 71
  | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4
  | Stealth Detection: 4 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Dragon's Gaze
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs 

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

The answer was a definite yes. He stuffed his own hands in his pockets once he closed the interface and sheathed his blade properly, smiling as he gave a few happy nods. "Uhuh. Forty five right now, cap. If we keep this up, I'll be able to help out with the boss fight for the twenty fifth. There should be a meeting for them, no? The frontliners and the fight.", he asked curiously, looking up at the leafing that covered some of the sunlight from falling right on top of them.

The two were funny enough, much closer to the settlement by now, and they began heading straight for the teleporter. Every step was another beat of Chase's racing heart, aching to hear well of his unidentified items- and NIGHT's, of course. Just what armor he'd stumble upon would get him completely by surprise- even though overcoats are a tad bit edgy for his taste, he'd make do. Whatever keeps him warm in the cold and sticking out of the crowd with its properties, he'll take. 

"We've already had one a while ago," NIGHT pitched in, tilting her head. Hadn't she mentioned it to him before? Oh well. Life was already hectic enough as it is. "I doubt we'll get another discussion together from then, but I don't think many players will mind if you choose to show up and help." Of course, someone would need to inform the senior citizens making their appearance there, but they could put up with the aid on short notice. Their down time was more than enough for new vanguards to rise to the occasion by now.

In a flash upon the pad, they were quickly transported to Taft, the village still showing signs of wear from the festival, and its residents scurrying about to clean up any damage. "It's this way, I believe," she gestured towards the western end of town. "Winds around the forest and sits on yet another cliff side."

Chase simply nodded at her, thinking about what could have been said in the meeting. He... hadn't been to one before though, or even knew what they were there to converse. Was there a way to know the boss' abilities in advance? "... I see. So they must be getting ready, finally. Once I'm all ready too, let's go rile them up and head right in. For Shay and DAY~.", he chirped back, entering Taft and looking about. When she showed the way to the witch, he scratched the back of his head and looked the other way. "Right..."

"Before we head for the witch though, let me go get these items out of the way, alright?", he asked and once she'd agreed, he simply requested she stayed there for ten or so minutes. Quickly heading over to Simmone's and Sam's store, he returned around a quarter later with a big smile on his face and new armor, by the looks of it. He'd thrown a deep blue overcoat over himself, with what seemed like a polished dragon emblem on the top right of his chest with an orange gem in its eye. "How's this bad boy look~? Wanna hear how great my new armor is~?"

She'd nearly balked at the mentioning of her mirror-- honestly, the name was a little strange to hear when it was said by someone else, and the woman was nigh uncomfortable with the thought of her doppel being entertained while she was away. "I-It's fine," she dismissed, covering a majority of her face with a sleeve, and as the other player left her sights, NIGHT let out an exhale, pacing over to a more discreet corner of the streets to linger about in wait.

The woman didn't know exactly who 'gran' referred to; for some reason, it'd registered with her that it might've been ChaseR's grand mother, before she realized how odd that scenario was, especially given the context of their predicament. How easy it was to let simple misunderstandings slip away from her such as this one, that they weren't entirely there in real life. When he'd returned, starring a different but stylish overcoat, she'd nodded at his offer, stepping away from the wall she was leaning against. "Let's hear it."

With a proud nod, he crossed both arms and wore a smug smirk as he said the three enchantments one by one, grinning widely by the end. "Mitigation. Vampiric Defense. Holy Blessing. It's Tier 2 but it's still fucking amazing, isn't it~?", he asked her, and it was true. Yeah, if he was trying to go for a damage build given his light armor and heavy weapon, it'd be pretty bad as he wanted to avoid getting hurt left and right. But now that he was assuming the role of a tank in order to keep Shay safe and her health up, alongside whoever else he partied with...

Having his numbers bolstered by his Battle Healing, the regeneration out of combat, his vampiric defense and the holy blessing all backing him up at once, alongside whatever supportive skills his partners might be equipped with... He felt nigh unkillable. Sure, his mitigation was rather low, but his evasion wasn't anything to scoff at either. "Hell, it will be a while before I get new armor for the third tier by the looks of it, if I want to stick to being defensive and all... Vampiric defense matches my health, not the tier, did you know~?"

"Mitigation. Vampiric Defense."

That sounded pretty--

"Holy Blessing."

And then she did a double take, owlish eyes blinking at the astounding news.

"It's Tier 2 but it's still fucking amazing, isn't it~?"

--No; no. ChaseR didn't understand how phenomenal that combination was. Not only was it a set of enhancements she'd been well meaning to search for on armor pieces, the fact that they both lined up on a single suit made the identification all the more worth while, increasing the item's value by twice-- no, thrice the amount, she imagined.

The woman gulped at the thought of having found such an equipment in the first place.

"That's amazing," NIGHT returned, wondering if her tone was turning into a drawl. Sure, she felt envious at her companion's insane luck -- but it was his to deal with, even if her first instinct was to barter for it at all. A few favours and a bit of col from her wallet; she was certain it could've been enough to see her friend part with the overcoat. But no matter how she felt about it, the notion felt wrong, corrupted. That was his jacket to don, to adapt his build around. As her eyes finally left the winter hues of his new fashion, she raised her sights towards ChaseR's face instead. "Eager to put it to the test?"

Looking at her blink like that made him truly proud. It felt like he had both gotten blessed by good luck and above all, a fairly good understanding for what was good and what wasn't in this distorted world that they lived in, where game rules were the only rules. "You bet I am, let's go see how well this baby works. I can theoretically sustain tons of damage before my health even remotely starts to drop.", he announced proudly, starting to head west towards where NIGHT had shown him earlier.

Then it came to him, the tie that he had gotten. He looked over his shoulder at NIGHT, walking comfortably as ever in his new clothes. "Say, I did find something if you're interested... The only other unique cloth I got was a red tie with Vampiric Defense, Life Mending and Light Momentum. It's not quite the same, but... close enough. You want it?", he offered, but then again he never even read what Life Mending or Light Momentum did in the first place. One was unique so he'd never gotten a chance to study before, the other was niche to him and he'd ignored from start.

The offer was tempting, but if it was hers, it would be put to use never, idling instead in some vanity closet somewhere in her house. Plus, she never wore ties to begin with. Part of her told her it would fit someone like Oscar though, especially with how often he dressed up rather fancily. "It's fine," came her response, continuing to trek alongside her companion. "I can keep looking for a piece like that on my own. It'll just take some time is all."

The stroll took them uphill, after a split intersection took them further west, then north. The alpine trees were starting to blend in with each other as they ascended, region growing more mountainous by the passing boulder, until NIGHT pointed out the grey structure in the distance that reached outwards towards the greyer clouds.

"There it is." Her eyes searched the skies, spotting the flying monkeys but never the green witch. "I wonder... where could she be?"

Following ahead, he agreed with her. If she didn't want it, he'd keep it in case he could get a good deal from gran, or whoever else wanted the piece. It's not like he could really use it, after all. And then, the flying... monkeys..? Came in sight. What? "... This is uh... S-Sure, whatever. Four of them, was it?", he looked over at NIGHT and gave a quick nod, taking his sword out- it seemed different, as if its appearance had been altered. But it was the very same blade that they had gotten from Absolute Zero nonetheless.

"Off for a test drive we go.", he muttered under his own breath and as soon as the Flying Monkeys all tried to divebomb them, he jumped up and slashed widely, a wide grin on his face. His excitement was enough to give him an adrenaline rush right off the bat, all he needed for that final 'power boost' in battle. Even if he did, somewhat, lose control because of such rushes. Only one of the monsters dodged in time, the rest cleaved in half and shattering into crystals the moment the gashes appeared. "This is very comfortable, oh my..."

image.png.b1b0fde384738a117ebefcd574c63d74.png

ChaseR: HP: 940/940 | EN: 77/92 (-15) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16
NIGHT:

Flying Monkey 1: HP: 150/150 | DMG: 70 (min. 35) | MIT: 20
Flying Monkey 2: HP: 150/150 (-160) | DMG: 70 (min. 35) | MIT: 20
Flying Monkey 3: HP: 150/150 (-160) | DMG: 70 (min. 35) | MIT: 20
Flying Monkey 4: HP: 150/150 (-160) | DMG: 70 (min. 35) | MIT: 20

Edited by ChaseR

Even in her focused search for Elphaba, the sudden dive of the witch's minions had bothered the woman none. She'd glanced over to the one scurrying away from ChaseR's attack, narrowly avoiding the same fate as its brothers, before it swooped down in her direction, perhaps identifying her as the better target to strike against.

Unfortunately, the beast was wrong. One swipe forward, NIGHT feeling the blade forge to life in her hand. It clashed with the claws of the primate just in time to parry the start of its attack, before the player pressed her advantage, swiping at her target diagonally with a swing lead by the back of her hand. A lazy swipe; Cardinal could recognize her sword work easily enough by now, and as the beast fell to the floor and shattered, NIGHT returned her gaze back up to the clouds above.

More were coming. Just none of them were the witch she was looking for.

Spoiler

Using [Concentration]. (+1 ACC) to the following:
ID: 166692 | BD: 10 (6, +4+1)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Flying Monkey #1.
20 * 13 = 260 DMG | 260 - 20 = 240 DMG
Ending [Concentration]. 
[Keen] activated. (+1 ACC) to all subsequent rolls.

Flying Monkey 1: HP: -90/150 (-240) | DMG: 70 (min. 35) | MIT: 20

ChaseR: HP: 940/940 | EN: 77/92 (-15) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16
NIGHT | HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 150/159 (-9) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 

With the small fries taken care of, some more, rather bulky ones appeared to be on the way. Not that they'd pose any form of trouble, but... he found it odd, how not only they'd been dealing with monkeys for a fair portion of the day, but the witch decided that of all the creatures to give wings to, primeates, let alone monkeys were the best suited candidates. Then again, if it hadn't been for the King in the eighth floor, he might have appreciated the little variety their existence in the game added.

The moment the two got within his range, his sword glowed red and he performed the same Area of Effect sword art as before, slashing widely and hitting both. With one's wings frozen solid, it fell to the ground whilst the other managed to fly just a little bit further away from the boy, intimidated by the sheer amounts of damage he could deal. "This blade... I love the equipment I've got going for me right now!", he almost squealed, smiling widely. The battle mattered little to him anymore.

image.png.7ae1a9de5a221a6975afe9193a96bd99.png

ChaseR: HP: 940/940 | EN: 65/92 (+1, -13) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16
NIGHT | HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 150/159 (-9) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 

Elite Flying Monkey 1: HP: 75/220 (-145) | DMG: 90 (min. 45) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 2: HP: 63/220 (-157) | DMG: 90 (min. 45) | MIT: 35 (FROZEN)

Edited by ChaseR

It reminded her of Skadi, how the blade struck the flying ape and chunked a portion of its wing to fell the beast. The creature tossed and howled, animated, as it struggled to rise up on its two feet. NIGHT needed only to take one look at it before slicing up a shock wave towards its location, the other motions of her movements sent towards the one still soaring in the air.

Their struggle was futile. Though the airborne chimps were darting about with speed, agile and graceful, Dragon's Gaze was not one to let things slip past its grasp. Almost flaring for a moment, the jewel encrusted upon its guard, the arcs of light it sent out had honed in finely towards their projected locations, crashing into the monsters and sundering them apart. Another burst, another recovery for NIGHT to take, and another look towards the heavens above.

There. She could see her now. The Wicked Witch of the West herself.

Spoiler

ID: 166965 | BD: 8 (3, +5)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Elite Flying Monkey #1.
20 * 12 = 240 DMG | 240 - 35 = 205 DMG

ID: 166966 | BD: 7 (2, +5)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Elite Flying Monkey #2.
20 * 12 = 240 DMG | 240 - 35 = 205 DMG

ChaseR: HP: 940/940 | EN: 65/92 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16
NIGHT | HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 139/159 (+1, -12) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 

Elite Flying Monkey 1: HP: -130/220 (-205) | DMG: 90 (min. 45) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 2: HP: -142/220 (-205) | DMG: 90 (min. 45) | MIT: 35 (FROZEN)

As the monkeys got taken care of, a cackle could be heard while a figure approached atop a broom from further and further away. With many vials strapped to a belt around her waist, the witch had now come to take care of the two intruders right outside of her abode. Chase's eyes narrowed as he got more serious, knowing she was the toughest of all the monsters. She whipped her hand their way, sending what looked like a ball of fire.

Despite how menacing and dangerous it seemed, it was an easy task for Chase to simply jump out of the way and make his way over to the now lowered monster, attacking her with all his might in four quick, successive slashes. While none froze or made her bleed, the strike was quite formidable nonetheless- but she appeared to have lost but a small chunk of her health all the same. "Her health is high, so her damage must be too. I have to be careful."

image.png.5d636f3e28cb1ee131ef952e394d306c.png

ChaseR: HP: 940/940 | EN: 56/92 (+1, -10) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16
NIGHT | HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 139/159 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 

The Witch: HP: 575/700 (-125) | DMG: 100 (min. 50) | MIT: 70 | MD 9: AoE Burn (2 turns) | MD 10: Paralyze and Poison the highest DPS, 16 DoT for 3 turns
+1 to EVA when HP<200.

Edited by ChaseR

Funny. NIGHT was too busy thinking about the way she defied gravity before she noticed the projectile being hurled straight her way. As best as she could, she tried to dodge it -- but sometimes, things just don't work out in battle. The grass caught aflame at her vial's toss, though the player was barely affected by its effects. In fact, if she were pressed to answer what the heat felt like, NIGHT would mention that it was just as toasty as the temperatures back home.

What bothered her more was the unfortunate welcome.

ChaseR dove into the fight with his first strike, and his companion followed up after with a leap and a lunge forward. Edge lifted upwards, her blade managed to cut precisely against the witch's broom before slicing at where her legs were, dangling off the side of her vessel, now wobbling violently midair. NIGHT landed on the ground with a roll, but it wasn't enough to dissuade her status effect from fading. So much for the saying's sound advice, she mused.

Spoiler

ID: 166969 | BD: 11 (6, +5) | MD: 6 (9, -3)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs The Witch.
20 * 13 = 260 DMG | 260 - 70 = 190 DMG
The Witch attacks NIGHT!
120 - 72 = 48 DMG | 48 DMG <= 50 DMG

ID: 166970 | MD: 7 (10, -3)
The Witch attacks ChaseR!
120 - 25 = 95 DMG

ChaseR | HP: 821/940 (-95-24) | EN: 56/92 (+1, -10) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16 | [BURNING: 24] (1/2)
NIGHT | HP: 1396/1470 (-50-24) | EN: 131/159 (+1, -9) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 | [BURNING: 24] (1/2)

The Witch | HP: 385/700 (-190) | DMG: 100 (min. 50) | MIT: 70 | MD 9: AoE Burn (2 turns) | MD 10: Paralyze and Poison the highest DPS, 16 DoT for 3 turns
+1 to EVA when HP<200.

The fire that spread around the field wasn't quite welcome. The heat reminded him of the fifth, and the fifth reminded him of a place he didn't want to be in. Now he had all the more reason to hit hard and get out of this hellish fire pit as soon as he could, taking a deep breath to prepare himself one more. The damage trickled away at his health, only for him to notice his battle healing and newly attained holy blessing put the effort in to bring it right back up. With a confident smile, he looked at the witch with narrowed eyes and propelled himself right her way with a strong kick to the ground.

With a heave, he raised his sword right above his head with both hands stretched, bringing it down and trying to cleave the witch's broom in half to get her off the air. Although he did manage to hit the witch, her vehicle of sorts appeared to have gotten just out of reach in time to dodge the attack. As a result, he fell back to the ground and looked up as his health recovered and his wounds healed, letting out a deep sigh. "So that's how it is then, hmph."

image.png.692e614d6363eef940880454f7109678.png

ChaseR | HP: 846/940 (+25) | EN: 47/92 (+1, -10) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16 | [BURNING: 24] (1/2)
NIGHT | HP: 1396/1470 | EN: 131/159 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 | [BURNING: 24] (1/2)

The Witch | HP: 260/700 (-125) | DMG: 100 (min. 50) | MIT: 70 | MD 9: AoE Burn (2 turns) | MD 10: Paralyze and Poison the highest DPS, 16 DoT for 3 turns
+1 to EVA when HP<200.

Edited by ChaseR

Almost there. Just nearly. NIGHT raced after the witch's route, tailing behind until she decided to take a sudden swerve. One jump, enough to catch their target off guard with the woman's sudden closeness, blade poised and ready to strike in one hand. The cut would dash across Elphaba's form, leaving strikes of red and white within its hold as NIGHT attempted to grapple onto the broom as she fell, only to land with no avail to her efforts.

Tough luck. She tumbled away, picking herself up on instinct, used to the fall by now. Tougher even so for the witch, who tried to lob another potion towards her; a green glass this time, that crashed upon the ground and left behind a poison puddle. Their foe's aim was largely off, the player easily sidestepping its area of impact. Regripping the blade in her hand in an offensive position, NIGHT bided her time, waiting for another opportunity from which she would be able to land a decisive strike from.

Spoiler

ID: 167038 | BD: 13 (8, +5) | MD: 1 (4, -3)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs The Witch.
20 * 13 = 260 DMG | 260 - 70 = 190 DMG
The Witch missed!

[2] ChaseR | HP: 846/940 | EN: 47/92 (+1, -10) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16 | [BURNING: 24] (2/2)
[2] NIGHT | HP: 1445/1470 (+73, -24) | EN: 121/159 (+1, -10) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 | [BURNING: 24] (2/2)

The Witch | HP: 70/700 (-190) | DMG: 100 (min. 50) | EVA: 1 | MIT: 70 | MD 9: AoE Burn (2 turns) | MD 10: Paralyze and Poison the highest DPS, 16 DoT for 3 turns

The witch was left with little HP, and it was just enough for Chase to finish her off before his energy got low enough for the fight to be risky if it kept dragging on like this. Before he could launch the final attack, the witch appeared to consume a potion herself, which made her movements on the broom just slightly faster. She must be harder to hit now, but no matter. She was still a target all the same, and that would ultimately be her downfall. With a deep breath, Chase tried to focus all of his strength onto his legs for a fast, high jump to knock her out of the air and down her for good.

With a light blue glow, he was gone in a second and almost hovered right next to her, slashing diagonally across her chest. Ice started to emerge from the tip of his blade, keeping her from splitting apart in two pieces. Before he could even drop, the ice shattered and her health depleted in full, causing her to crystallize just like her minions had. "That seems to be it for this one~.", he happily chirped and looked back at NIGHT, flashing her a smile as the quest details appeared before them.

image.png.90ab5b65a6b32e212c3ce90a178c807d.png

[2] ChaseR | HP: 831/940 (+9, -24) | EN: 38/92 (+1, -10) | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 9 | FRZ: 9-10 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 47 | HBS: 16 | [BURNING: 24] (2/2)
[2] NIGHT | HP: 1445/1470 | EN: 121/159 (+1, -10) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 72 | BH: 73 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 4 | [BURNING: 24] (2/2)

The Witch | HP: 0/700 (-125) | DMG: 100 (min. 50) | EVA: 1 | MIT: 70 | MD 9: AoE Burn (2 turns) | MD 10: Paralyze and Poison the highest DPS, 16 DoT for 3 turns

Edited by ChaseR

A nice, clean finishing blow, just as ChaseR fell to the floor, steady and stable. "Ah, seems like it," she returned with a nod, the sword in her hand dispersing into fragments of light back into her inventory. Though, the woman tilted her head to his comment, gears shifting in her head. "But we still haven't decided on a next one exactly, have we now?"

As a silence fell between the two, NIGHT continued to think for more quests to take on, before popping her mail interface open once more, narrowed eyes scanning the various lines of info across her informants' channels. "I mean, I've suggested a few before; did any of them manage to catch your eye?" Just as those words had left her mouth, her gaze fell upon his coat once more, alongside the sword in his hand. A tilt of her head, expectant of a positive response. "How's your gear treating you then; everything feel comfortable?"