[PP|F12] <<Lord of the Seas>> The Fish Wyvern Again

<<Lord of the Seas>>

Of course the one thing to bring the rather emotionless boy right back to this floor was the vanity potions and crystals at sale. He'd made sure to stock up on more cleaning crystals just in case, to get rid of any mud that might get onto him if he ended up somewhere back in the swamp that the wyvern resided in. Until then though, it was all shopping. Then, it occurred to him that one of the figures in the settlement looked rather familiar. He stopped before entering another NPC's workshop, looking over for a solid moment or so with his frostscale pangolin right on his shoulder.

As Blizz jumped down and ran right towards @Alkor, only aware he had piqued Chase's interest, the boy remembered that they'd fought that hellish horde from the Spire back in the twenty first together. "... I never got to thank him on the field.", he thought to himself and by the time he was done, he had already started waddling on over. He now stood before the young man, holding his hand out, as awkwardly as he did. "Thanks. Back against the Vanguard. You helped defend my house.", he blurted out, feeling his social skills reach their peak once more. It had been a while, to be fair, since he last talked to an unfamiliar face.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 50
HP: 1030/1030
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:30
VAMP DEF:51
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Wind Dweller>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I, REC II
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR

"Huh?" Alkor reacted in confusion, since he hadn't anticipated anyone talking to him that day. A quick walk through the market, some Intel gathering about the floor since he was still getting used to everything above the ninth, but this unexpected bit didn't change anything. It wasn't unwelcome either. When the man mentioned the Vanguard and protecting his home, Alkor immediately understood. The man settled himself down around where the last event had taken place.  "Oh, yeah, no problem. I just happened to get dragged into it, but I was glad to be able to help either way."

Alkor felt a bit of unease between them, but he forced his shoulders to relax. Showing tension would only engender distrust between them. He'd made a promise that he would try to be better, and to work with other Players inside Aincrad. This was a golden opportunity to break down some of those communicative walls that held him back.

Now, if only he had the social skills to match the tenacity...

Alkor glanced at the man's hand and shook it briefly. He'd never been great with those kinds of formal greetings. Firm handshakes, soft handshakes, everything was about making an impression and if you made the wrong one, no one ever forgot. Instead of how weak his handshake was, Alkor let his words be his defining trait. "I'm Alkor," he said, "and I'm trying to make sure everyone gets out of this game alive."

Name: Alkor
Level: 34
HP: 690/690
EN: 68/68

Stats:
Damage: 10
Mitigation: 48
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLT:24

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Blightsteel>> (T2/Demonic/Curved Sword): DMG II, BLT 1, CUR
Armor: <<Nightmare Bomber>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I, MIT II
Misc: <<Eye of Horus pin>> (T1/Perfect/Trinket): ACC III

Skills:

One Handed Curved Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Mods:
Precision
Athletics

If it hadn't been his start that made him feel on edge, the formal introduction already raised the tension. Despite his looks, Alkor seemed to be dynamic, probably much more of a leader than he could ever be. Not like he wanted to be one, the same way he'd tried to back during the battle. "... Chase. I'm looking out for me and some people I've met.", he plainly responded back, keeping the same blank expression once he'd pulled his hand back and stuffed it in his jacket's pocket. He moved his other hand to the back of his head, awkwardly scratching it as he tried to come up with something to say.

"... He uses a single sword, no shield, but... it's one handed... Hm.". It was probably not his strong suit, combat. Especially given the direct disadvantage one handers were in comparison to two handers from what he'd gathered, but... This made for a good opportunity. "Were you looking to quest? I can help you out. With a small catch.", the bluehead fit near the end, keeping the same look. Despite how it might have sounded, all he wanted was an extensive look at the Curved Sword's skills to add to his ever-expanding library of skills, mechanics and mods back home. Gathering all that information was key to clearing the game, in his head.

Alkor watched the man passively. The obvious retraction of his hand, the retreat to a comfortable place with his hand in a pocket... maybe it was just his own experience, but the resemblance the the behavior held to his own anxiety seemed uncanny. He made a silent note of this, but did not deign to identify it. People generally responded poorly to being backed into a corner socially. He knew that was true, if nothing else.

"...catch, huh?" he tilted his head and looked the other man over. "What did you have in mind?" The rough translation in Alkor's mind was "I've already decided to help you, but I want to make sure it doesn't seem like I'm doing charity work," roughly. If not that, the other Player actually wanted something- and Alkor didn't mind quid pro quo, either.

He assessed the man's verbal patterns quietly. When the conversation started, the subtle word vomit, then, the quick change up, and the illusion of confidence... was it some kind of scam? "Because I could profit from a quest or two, but I'm not sure I have much to offer in return."

There. Lay it out on the table. I probably don't have anything you want. Am I still useful to you?

Rather than saying it outright, he pointed at Alkor's sheathed blade before sliding his menu down and going over to the skills, showing the man all of his sword arts once he flipped it over to be facing him instead. "These are my sword arts. For a two handed sword. I want to see yours, for a curved sword.". No real catch to it in the end, unless he felt uncomfortable sharing what should have been public information in the first place. "I'm gathering every skill in the game and writing them down.", he explained with a nod to himself as his dull look continued, closing his menu again and crossing his arms.

From Chase's view point, he'd made a mistake. He'd been with NIGHT and Shay too much, to a fault. Even this encounter felt tense despite having fought on the same battlefield and as a result, he was speaking as if he were mechanical. "Just try to ease up, for pete's sake... You've fought alongside one another before.", he did his best to regain his composure, shaking his head and lifting it to look back up at Alkor. "... For every quest I help out, tell me about a new skill I don't have. If you have any.", he finished, thinking they could run a small 'contract' like so. It was hard to assess power based on looks either way, but from the short peek that the man got on his menu, it was easy to tell he was already in the third tier, even if just barely at level 50.

Alkor leaned back and put his weight on his right foot, a sure sign that he was relaxing his guard a bit. The proposition was interesting, to say the least. The other Player wanted a compendium of skills, both ones he had himself and ones he'd seen from other Players. To what end? Alkor could see strategic merit in it, so perhaps there was that angle. Perhaps it was merely a pet interest, a hobby.

He could hardly say no to something that cost him little more than a few minutes time. It was a great deal. Someone to help hack away at quests in return for common information. Warm bodies were a hot commodity in Aincrad, but an intelligent, trustworthy ally? Indispensable. 

"Yeah, that sounds reasonable," Alkor replied. He wasn't too far behind the man's level, and Alkor could dish out his own share of damage. That meant between the two of them, they could tear enemies up. "I'll take you up on it. One quest, one skill. Got any ideas on where to start? I've just been feeling out this floor for a little while, so..."

With the deal sealed, he opened his menu up and hovered over the party invite before one popped up in front of Alkor with the name ChaseR. "Here. There's a sea serpent that gives lots of experience and a good item in the swamp.", he said with confidence, looking over for a moment or two before he began heading over. The pangolin that was on the ground up to now, inspecting the man in the kimono ran over to Chase and started to claw up his leg, until it had climbed all the way to his shoulder and positioned itself on it. "Do you have a familiar?"

The question was plain and simple and always made for a better opener when he wanted to relax. He could even ask some of the people he knew fairly well by now and it would still hold its weight all the same.  "They help a lot. Blizz helps me fight by dealing damage.", he explained on his own and moved a hand up to start patting at the pangolin, looking over his shoulder as he awaited for Alkor's answer. The longer the stroll went on, the closer they seemed to get to the marsh of the floor, where stepping further in without entering the bog appeared to be impossible. This was bound to lower their evasion, sooner or later during combat.

Sea Serpent, huh? Man, I really need to get connected with Info Brokers on higher floors. I hadn't heard anything about that yet.

"A sea serpent, huh?" Alkor scratched his chin idly. "That does sound pretty good. I'm down." Alkor watched as the creature scrambled up the other Player's body and rested on his shoulder like a parrot. When the invitation came, he accepted and all of his stats became visible to his newly minted ally.

"I dont, just yet," he admitted. "I've got something of a Lone Wolf complex. I've been working on that. People tell me it can be pretty off putting." He didn't get into who or how, but Alkor's track record with other Players was reasonably abysmal. It was easy to tell that he didn't spend much time socializing from the way he dressed. Standard emo kid drab, optional hood included.

"Recently, I've been considering it more."

"Get one. You can find few reliable people in Aincrad. Your familiar is one of them. They'll take care of you, as long as you do the same.", he said with his head still peering over his shoulder, smiling for once. Now that they were rather deep inside of the bog, he took a deep breath and turned back in front of himself as the two could see the muddy waters before them start moving, almost like something were about to emerge out of them. "Here it comes. I can help get you a familiar if you'd like. After of course.", Chase proposed before turning his full attention to the beast.

It was towering over the two, but he knew sizes meant nothing in this world. "It's all about the numbers.", he snickered and drew his blade out, his eyes flashing before Blizz began to breathe ice cold air onto the waters- causing small 'steps' to appear. "Use these- keep moving or we'll get stuck in the mud. They're slippery.", he finished giving instructions and climbed on top of the first step, making his way towards the wyvern and attempting to slash up its throat, in hopes of stunning it and leaving an opening for his partner.

As soon as the slash was sent its way however, the monster lowered its head to his level and bit down on his sword, throwing it to the side before biting at Chase. With a punch, he managed to fend it off, however a large red gash was present on his left hand from the damage. His health dropped a fair bit, but he didn't seem to matter too much. He continued to glare at it, having gotten its attention and waiting for Alkor to follow up while Blizz continued to make steps for the two.

Spoiler

image.png.4c2ac208507fcf730bbae8ca73dd6578.png

ChaseR uses Tempest on Sea Wyvern! (BD: 2 + 3 = 5)
ChaseR missed!

Sea Wyvern attacks ChaseR! (MD: 8 - 1 = 7)
300 - 43 = 257

[0] ChaseR: HP: 773/1030 (-257) | EN: 98/100 (-2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0] Alkor:

Sea Wyvern: HP: 300/300 | DMG: 300 (MD 9-10: AoE 300 DMG)
*All players have -2 Evasion.

Edited by ChaseR

Alkor immediately recognized the conditions of the battlefield had afflicted him when his fleet-footed movements were reduced to cumbersome footfalls. He could still move, but his response time against attacks wouldn't be nearly what it was under normal circumstances. What a pain.

He jumped quickly along the stones behind Chase and prepared his sword art, letting the other Player take the creature's attention for the first few seconds so he could deliver a punishing blow.  "Switch!" he barked out reflexively as his skill fully charged, and he surged forward with the system assist guiding him toward the optimal point to deal a blow.

The darkly dressed swordsman doled out multiple sweeping strokes and they tore into the digital frame of the enemy, leaving lines of crimson data in their wake. Alkor quickly responded by hopping back toward the nearest stone, but with the enemy able to hit back, under the current circumstances, its eyes would be on him alone next time.

ID# 167851 Battle: 3 + 4 = 7 <hit>

10 × 11 = 110 damage 

[0] ChaseRHP: 773/1030 (-257) | EN: 98/100 (-2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[1] Alkor: HP: 690/690 | EN: 57/68 (-11) | DMG: 10 | EVA: -1 (-2) | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLT: 24

Sea Wyvern: HP: 300/300 | DMG: 300 (MD 9-10: AoE 300 DMG)

Edited by Alkor

Even though Alkor probably wouldn't notice, a red aura shrouded the boy who lifted his head and stretched his neck before jumping forwards again. His health rapidly recovered throughout his assault, clearly with more than just his battle healing at play- something about his coat gave off the feeling there was more to see than the ordinary enchantments about him. Despite his best efforts and the multiple attempts at slashing the monster, its hard scales repelled every single attack he tried to use.

It wasn't a good start for him, especially seeing as he'd failed the switch- he had to attack once himself and successfully land the hit to get their hate values swapped. Seeing that the Wyvern wouldn't take any longer before attacking his party member though, Chase quickly jumped off the stepping stone he was on, shattering it and parrying the sea dragon's bite with his jagged sword, getting the monster to back off once more. "Hit it again!", he grunted while he landed, smiling with excitement. Fights were probably his strong suit, even if it didn't show much right now.

Spoiler

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Sea Wyvern! (BD: 2 + 3 = 5)
ChaseR missed!

Sea Wyvern attacks Alkor! (MD: 2 + 1 = 3)
Sea Wyvern missed!

[Switch failed because ChaseR missed!]

image.png.1cbcc6aafbc743948d6c0be7e9ec7299.png

[0] ChaseRHP: 870/1030 (+97) | EN: 97/100 (+1, -2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[1] Alkor: HP: 690/690 | EN: 57/68 | DMG: 10 | EVA: -1 (-2) | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLT: 24

Sea Wyvern: HP: 190/300 | DMG: 300 (MD 9-10: AoE 300 DMG)

Edited by ChaseR

Chase hurried to get in and dole out the finishing blow, but he was rebuffed by the creature's considerable defenses. Alkor had more honed skill at finding weak points- at least, that was how it appeared to his critical eye. Where he had focused everything on finding an making a sure hit, the other Player focused more on survival and his health came back slowly even in the throes of combat. There was a great deal of merit in that safer style of play, especially in a world where death wasn't forgiving.

For the swordsman with a curved blade that sang of sickness, the only way forward was a bloodbath. His weapon was chosen symbolically because he intended to carve a swath to the finish. He intended to be a sword, a weapon against their captor system and the dangers it pitted against them.

So, when Chase bid him 'hit it again,' Alkor reacted entirely on instinct. He didn't worry about the attack that went right for him like a rabid dog. He threw himself airborne, a powerful vertical jump that left the wyvern wholly exposed. It had attempted to sweep him and miscalculated grievously. As he descended through the air, Alkor's sword art illuminated the blade a wicked orange color, and his eyes flashed maliciously.

If there was an enemy in front of him, Alkor would destroy it.

His weapon blossomed a virulent green as the sword art finished, which indicated he had inflicted a status effect on his foe. "Once more!" Alkor called back as he twisted his body and waited for the telltale reprisal. The creature saw only him, now. "Bring it home!"

ID# 167855 Battle: 9 <Critical Hit!>

10 + 1 = 11 × 11 = 121 DMG

Sea Wyvern is afflicted with Blight!

Sea Wyvern takes 24 damage from its affliction.

[0] ChaseRHP: 773/1030 (-257) | EN: 98/100 (-2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[2] Alkor: HP: 690/690 | EN: 47/68 (-11) | DMG: 10 | EVA: -1 (-2) | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLT: 24

Sea Wyvern: HP: 45/300 (-144)| DMG: 300 (MD 9-10: AoE 300 DMG) | (Blight 24 [1/2])

Edited by Alkor

As soon as Alkor instructed him, he grinned and jumped right at the beast once more, his blade beginning to glow a sharp red. "Took you long enough, Cardinal!", he barked before starting to laugh, making his way onto the beast and grabbing himself by one of the spikes prodding out of its neck. He pushed himself just a bit further onto its back before starting to slash downwards with his blade and before jumping back to Alkor's side, he continued to riddle its body on the way with cuts and slashes.

Its health dropped almost instantly, whatever little was left at least, and as soon as he was by his partner's side, the ice they were standing on shattered. Blizz was swimming in the mud by now, and when the beast shattered after the familiar blip of death sounded, familiar and player both let out a sigh at once. "Sorry about that. Tough start, it seems.", he told Alkor, seeming rather calmed down now- no longer in the same high spirits that he was before, whatsoever. Truth be told, fights did pump him a bit too much. That was all he could do in this world, after all. "Let's head back."

Spoiler

image.png.159bafdeca15d1fe7bcf02432ca2ea99.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Sea Wyvern! (BD: 6 + 3 = 9)
18 * 13 = 234

[1] ChaseRHP: 900/1030 (+30) | EN: 88/100 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[2] Alkor: HP: 690/690 | EN: 47/68 | DMG: 10 | EVA: -1 (-2) | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLT: 24

Sea Wyvern: HP: 0/300 (-234)| DMG: 300 (MD 9-10: AoE 300 DMG) | (Blight 24 [1/2])

Edited by ChaseR

"It happens," Alkor gave a slight shrug as he slid Blightsteel back into its sheath. "I figured out a while ago that I couldn't just rely on the system to make my attacks hit, so I started looking for skills and items to improve my hit rating and exploit critical hits for optimized damage." As he explained, he knew the Player was stronger than him, but he didn't have the same hit rating because strikes that Alkor could have compensated for, Chase had not. Be it the disparity between single and two handed weapons or chosen skills, Chase's request was for Alkor to tell him about skills.

So, as they began their slow trek toward town, Alkor summoned his skill tree and flicked up to where his Curved Sword skill was modded out. Improved Accuracy Rating. "Spend enough time training with your weapon and there comes a point where you start becoming familiar enough to correct a swing on the fly. Once you get that good, it opens up the ability to actively increase the stat rating for Accuracy. Dunno if you knew about that one or not," he said.

While they were heading back all muddied up, Chase opened up his menu. Before even heading to his own skills however, he took an item out of his inventory and threw it at Alkor, expecting him to catch it. It looked like any healing crystal, except... orange. "Use that to get the mud off.", he instructed him before doing so for himself. The crystal dissipated, and in a moment, his clothes were as clean as before. Much better now, no longer squishy or disgusting clothing to be dragged around from the bog. "As for precision..."

While he finished that off, he quietly opened up his skills and hovered over to show the mods he'd used for his weapon to Alkor. Finesse and Precision, both maxed out for their individual ranks. "I know. I was thinking, can you show me your weapon skill. One handed Curved Sword. I want to look at the sword arts.", he said with a small smile as he waited for a response, keeping the same blank expression nonetheless. It might have been creepy or whatever, but that's how he went about expressing himself- at least with strangers. His face was still tense even if the rest of his body wasn't, and that led to awkward or offputting faces and grimaces like this one.

"Huh. Maybe two handed weapons are just less precise," he shrugged indifferently as he backed the menu out for Chase and let the man glance over his skillset.  "I knew they weren't as fast. That's why I prefer a single blade that I can get more mobility with." Many people looked down on that decision because two handed weapons had a higher base damage potential, but Alkor considered that to be shortsighted. A good swordsman could overcome the gap between heavy weapons and faster ones.

He accepted the crystal from Chase and got cleaned up almost instantly, which was more than a bit handy. Alkor tossed it back toward him and whether or not he'd noticed the expression that the other Player wore, he seemed ambivalent. It was easier to continue the conversation if he didn't point out or criticize the man's microexpressions. 

Hell, no one criticized Alkor's tendency to go it alone. Who was he to start questioning mannerisms?

Now that he could get a good look at the sword arts, he made a mental note of the damage multipliers each one of them had, before opening his messages and texting someone with the numbers to organize them later. That someone being his significant other, but no matter. He grabbed the crystal once it was thrown back to him, closing off his own menu and moving both of his hands behind his head. A lax stance that he didn't tend to take, but seeing as he was the stronger one here and Alkor didn't point out anything, he was fine with it. "That's not how it goes."

"I don't play games. But Cardinal works with numbers.", he blurted out, letting a deep sigh and letting his gaze get lost in the sky as he continued to peer right at the clouds with furrowed brows. "... If my numbers are bigger, I'm stronger. Likewise for you. Then, it's luck. The system assist skill tricks us into thinking it's skill.", he continued, frowning slightly and turning over to Alkor. Especially for himself, this being his first experience in any game of any kind, he couldn't tell when the game was actively hindering or when it was his body that faltered instead and caused him to stay in place when stunned, miss a strike, fail to deal more damage, and so on.

"Cardinal factors numbers fine," Alkor replied, "and translates everything into a system where everything is theoretically fair, but it does factor in minutia like your height, weight, size, and preexisting training or talent. Those things get quantified, sure," he moved to the armor skill tree and pointed toward the deep end, where Sprint and Acrobatics lay untapped. "Just having the skill can increase your numbers, but it doesn't let you know how to turn a flip or roll out of the way. You have to learn how to do those things, or the system won't carry you through them. Not like swinging a sword."

He made a gesture like jumping into the air, only to crash in a faceplant. "Both things matter, for sure, but the human factor is still present. The game doesn't ignore that you exist. Its not a traditional MMO. You're directly interfaced."

After a moment, he added. "Thats why I can do those jumps and respond quickly. I've had practice with them on the outside."

What the man was saying was... rather hard to take in, for sure. "... Impossible. I can do the same yet I was never near that athletic in the real world. And I've no combat experience aside from what I've seen in movies.", he retorted with a confused look, crossing his arms and huffing. "It's a game so it runs on numbers, that's how it should be... Isn't that how every game works..?", he followed up, sounding rather clueless instead of looking for his approval. And then the one unknown term he'd forgotten through this week hit him again.

"Wait... What does MMO mean?", Chase asked Alkor with an even more confused expression. Now he had to both digest the small exposition dump he'd been thrown about the inner workings of the game, starting to wonder whether he was a player or truly in cahoots with one of the developers- an unlikely scenario still. "He seems to know a lot... Maybe if I get more information from him and Bistro too, I can start filling up my library much faster than expected... Then I'll be able to face him.", he finished off his thoughts while waiting, a small glimmer on his eyes once he was done processing this new tidbit.

"Some of the stuff is programmed in, and the people who did that programming did tons of research. Cultural for Japan and Europe, various martial arts from the Asian subcontinent, history and folklore from across the world. The Cardinal system even has the ability to access people's memories. That's how you can still manage dreams while you're stuck inside the Nerve Gear. But its also why sometimes in quests you face things you swear got ripped out of your own subconscious. Because it was."

Alkor led the way back toward the town as he continued. "MMORPG means Massive Multi-player Online Roleplaying game. They've been around for almost as long as the internet. Runescape, Everquest,  World of Warcraft- Sword Art Online is the first MMO with full dive tech. That's how they got everyone to buy in. I'm surprised you've never read the magazines."

Honestly, Alkor couldn't be too surprised. He was one of the few people who spent more time outside the game nose deep in magazine articles and barely ever leaving his room. Maybe some part of him just hoped someone could relate to that? Still...

"There were guidebooks written by the Beta testers given out to everyone for free in the Town of Beginnings. You should still be able to get them if you go looking. People made observations about game play, systems, anything that might be useful for people to note or troubleshoot with. That might help you with your research," Alkor offered.