Jump to content
Crozeph

[PP-F10] Mordred vs. Siegfried

Recommended Posts

The most idiotic thing to do…

It might be jealously or simply him being an asshat but somehow, somewhere, he challenged a chill yet dangerous woman to a duel. Night had always been a cool person in his eyes, maybe she's batman or something for him. His admiration was akin to how he met Baldur and when the Gaijin Samurai entered the weird yet united Square One in their travels. Now he had to test if he was good enough, it would be a battle to see if he can match Night now that they are on the same tier and also…

Fried ice cream
Something he never knew existed
Yuki cooked it yet he wasn't permitted
To eat fried food for its bad to his health
Jealous? He is not
Indignant? A little he is

He stared at the message he sent to her, trying to be friendly and wording it properly so as Night won't take it as a provocation to hate him. There's a high chance that he'll get clapped by her speed yet he hopes that his blade would hit something. Skadi is strapped on his side, its hilt visible from his waist. The yukata he wore back then is now stored in his inventory and Crozeph looks more like a Japanese military general from the Meiji era, hair still brown and eyes looking tired and weary despite the lively azure color it has.

To: @NIGHT
Wanna try to duel? Let's just say I want to prove myself to you since you're Yuki's best friend and also fried ice cream.

A certain area in Yomi had been cleared, no players visible and a few NPCs looking at what looked like a boxing ring with wood as its fences and Japanese lanterns on four corners "i-is this really necessary?" he asked while two NPCs who arranged the location nodded their heads in approval.

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

 Crozeph [Level 51]
  | HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 102/102
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45
  | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

  Total SP: 213
  Allocated: 202
  Remaining: 11

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

  • Regis Arma: Skadi Alter [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.
    -- ACC +1
    -- Burn +1 Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Burn damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- A huntress trapped in Dun Scaith, she survived and emerged victorious earning the respect of its ruler, Scathach. A huntress carrying the cold and harsh winter with her yet a ferocity likened to a flame now seen in her eyes. Skadi Alter combines two elements and fires it in one go should the wielder harness the same hunting instinct the huntress has. Either one would freeze in from its fierce flames or burn in its searing coldness.
  • Cloak of the  Evening Bells [T3 perfect]
    -- MIT +1

    -- EVA +2
    -- 
    "Once worn by a king or a monarch, whichever it was it doesn't matter for anyone who dons this cloak is tasked to take the head of anyone who dares to cross the line and kill, be it humans or monsters." A black cloak with fabric at the collar. It is worn to cover the dominant hand of the wearer and put up an air of monarchy. It can also serve as a protection against attacks though not as efficient as heavy armor but boast its lightweight features to add speed to the wearer.
  • Ars Paulina
    -- Recovery +1

    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    Description: "There is a time for everything and to that there is also an end but there is no need to fret for it is to be accepted." A pocket watch made by a powerful mage who possesses ten rings. This silver watch has no intricate designs outside yet its structure inside is powerful enough to restore energy and even make time dilate making its user see things slightly slower than the usual. 

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

  • Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

  Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/8

  1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 4/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

  • Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

  Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

 

Edited by Crozeph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A duel? She hadn't ever attempted the duel options before in Aincrad. NIGHT continued to review the message; in front of her, a bowl of half-eaten ice cream was left sad on the table top of her abode's living room.

Maybe it'd be a good way of getting rid of her entire stock of desserts once and for all. Would it really be healthy for Crow to consume that much of the icy treat, though?

NIGHT: sure 1s

A quick exchange of co-ordinates and the player began to rise from her couch. Her hands wrapped around the bowl filled with soggy dough, and a sigh passed through her lips as she'd elected to discard the material in her hands with a scurry of masterful taps. It was only when the liquid cream was out of her hair that she began to reflect upon which of her arms should escort her to the fight. NIGHT didn't exactly want to kill her companion...

- - -

It was with a shuffle of footsteps that the woman made her appearance on the tenth floor. A raise of her hand to the swordsman as she approached their wrecking court, before her gaze swept the scenery before her. Rather traditional a setting; she'd gave it a nod of appreciation when her eyes met the man once again.

"I've brought your rewards. In the event that you beat me, of course."

pZYqnbP.png

 NIGHT
  | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 163/163
  | ACC: 4* | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74
  | FLN: 6 | LD: 5
  | Stealth Detection: 5 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

* ACC from equipment is capped at 3.
[Examine]

[Equipment]

  • Tsukuyomi's Odachi (Alpha)
    -- [ Fallen I | On a natural roll of 6-8, gain 6 fallen damage added to your total base damage. ]
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

  1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

  • Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

  • - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem that Night is ready to fight. Crozeph didn't even wait for more than an hour but it seems the presence of them both was enough for a few people to gather just outside the ring and it made Crozeph feel uncomfortable. "I'd beat the crap out of these people who organized the venue, he thought. He gave a nod to NIght who was also telling him of a reward if he beats her "I don't remember asking for a reward but hey that it would hurt"  he told himself. The murmuring of the crowd got a little loud as if they are watching a feud between two rivals but they never knew that these two are merely testing something. His purpose for this was to gauge his abilities and NIght was the person for the job, she was and still is a very capable fighter.

"Sorry about the place, I asked a few people if there is a place where we could duel and they showed me this. The crowd was not part of the place but..." he scratched his head, he didn't like how he felt eyes on him and Night, especially when he knows that there's a high chance that he would get his ass kicked "... I guess we can just continue and don't mind them" he added.

Crozeph unsheathed his katana and sent a duel request to Night, time to get things moving "well give it your all, it's not like we're gonna kill each other here" he told her.

ID: 168900 LD: 12

Edited by Crozeph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the few moments she'd looked away, now there were apparently spectators that filled a few of the wooden benches lined by to the entrance of the arena. Indiscriminate figures; were they part of the PvP experience in Aincrad, given the pre-determined spot created for players to spar against each other? The woman didn't exactly feel comfortable in entertaining an audience. She'd slunk back into her tracksuit just a little, anxious eyes searching the crowd in a fury. There was a twitch in her furrowed brows as NIGHT returned her sights to her combatant, too.

One hand balled into a fist to her chin as she cleared her throat. A rapid blaze of black, gold and red steel swept across reality in the grip of her other, Tsukuyomi's Odachi stitching its form together. It caught the ambient light of the cavern, warm and blue tones rippling across its auxiliary metal. Almost as though it was the one on performance instead.

"Right," the player responded, blinking slowly as she unfurled her fist to accept Crozeph's invitation.

ID: 168902 | LD: 18 | Rolling for initiative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a countdown timer present, the number in bold white font right above the height of her opponent ticking down the seconds before their initial strikes. Uncomfortable to its weight, NIGHT searched her grip for solace; a tension flooded her perception of reality, their wait yanking forth an annoying ever-presentness she'd wanted so badly to retreat from. Her gaze's focus dipped in and out of her thoughts, sharpening and muddying Crozeph's outline and rendering the harsh font above him. So too did her breathing pick up, heart pulsing and adrenaline starting to jumble her mind of actions.

It was with toying with her blade's hold that it spun around in her hands the moment she'd caught the slightest shift in her vision. Did her companion move? Did the timer finally strike zero? In the moment, both of these fell away to her quick reflexes, sword turning over so that NIGHT gripped its hilt facing front. The two-hander's curved edge swept across the dirt, marking out a gentle cut upon the darkness' surface. What followed then was a heavy impact, and a large swath of space before her dug a centimetre deep. She reeled backwards, her art piece having been pulled upwards before, launched in a pummel to slam against the air before her.

A loud 'thomp' might as well have been their commencement bell; everything went still in her eyes for that second. When the woman finally pulled her blade away from her finishing stance, she drew a long exhale, the slightest bit of haughtiness starting to show. "You're welcome to give it your all too, y'know."

Spoiler

ID: 168903 | BD: 9 (7, -2+4) | <<Tempest>> vs Crozeph.
The strike lands! (-6 EN)
20 + 6 FLN = 26 DMG | 26 * 8 = 208 DMG | 208 - 45 = 163 DMG
> Crozeph is stunned!

Crozeph | HP: 887/1050 (-163) | EN: 102/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1 | STUNNED
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 157/163 (-6) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah this was a bad idea" Crozeph thought as Night quickly engage in battle. It was not the weapon he saw that shaved Absolute Zero or burned mobs while sprinkling blight on them. His first instinct was to shield himself, He didn’t have a shield but he knew how to at least do a makeshift parry of attacks. It should mitigate damage along with the armor he has. Along with his cloak, he tried to block and spin around but it seems that Night used a skill on him that also stuns.

He felt the blow connect, she looked like she was trying to ease herself with the weight of the weapon, playing with it nad then it struck him square. The crowd let out an expression, a mixture of disbelief and amazement. It looked like a well thought out move considering how she still manage to knock the other player off his feet.

"I'm giving my all believe it or not, I'll be there in a sec" he said as he stood up dusting the dirt off himself. There was no chance to attack, he only needs to defend himself from the next.

Crozeph | HP: 917/1050 (-163 +30) | EN: 102/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 157/163 (-6) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A light swing of her crescent downwards was all she'd needed to right the blade forth in her hand. Though the gawking was loud behind her, their amusement was the least of her problems; the practiced way she'd shut the world out from her foe and the battle ahead of her made sure of that. And though NIGHT counted down the moments of her reprieve, half-expecting Crow to dart forth with his own strike, launching a sword art at her --

-- it never came. Maybe after this she'd blame it on her expedited reality, but during the fight what mattered was who struck first and how fast they moved. So it was her who'd shifted herself forth in a defense, the ceremonial blade in her hand flickering with a darkness where its steel sat below its decor. Held out in a horizontal stretch, the player's next cut landed with a hearty blow across her companion's form, that dark flare fading away from its steel the moment NIGHT set her sword to her side once again.

 

The fight was nearly over... wait. Weren't they here for a different purpose entirely? It was in her withdrawl that the woman paused, heaviness lifting from her sights. Maybe she should stop toying around with her companion and let him get the hits he'd needed to test out in.

Spoiler

> Using [Concentration] for the following strike:
ID: 169071 | BD: 12 (7, +4+1) | <<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Crozeph.
The strike lands! (-9 EN)
20 + 6 FLN = 26 DMG | 26 * 13 = 338 DMG | 338 - 45 = 293 DMG
> End [Concentration].

Crozeph | HP: 624/1050 (-293) | EN: 102/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 149/163 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 0/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crowd were all holding their breath now that Crozeph has stood up. Will he be able to land a hit on the woman? Or will his accuracy stats be inadequate to hit her? He was aware of her speed and how she can actually dodge even his attacks. For all he knows her build could be one of the million ways to counter him. If mobs can dodge his attacks, what more a player who has good stats and equipment.

Raising his katana to level with his shoulder, Crozeph aimed for her arm. A disarming move might just do the trick, or the trick might just do the disarming (confusing). He dashed forward and tried to hit her arm holding a sword but it seems her instincts are already firing up. Crozeph's attack didn't hit despite his slightly above average accuracy. The crowd let out a sigh as he failed to attack as if they were worried the battle might be over if he hits or if she attacks him again.

"Well that was unexpected, but I expected that unexpected so I guess..." he raised his katana to guard, one more smack and he's done.

ID: 169232 BD: 2 + 4 = 6 - 4 = 2 Fail

Crozeph | HP: 654/1050 (-293 +30) | EN: 100/102 (-2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 149/163 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 0/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be it Cardinal or her intuition; Crow's strike was simply not landing, and NIGHT wondered if her evasive maneuvers from hereon out would simply be a mimicry of a predator playing with its food. Still, she'd withdraw her claws from the fight the moment she lodged the decoration into the dirt. The curvatures of the gold trim along the blade's steel fell with the shadows of the cavern, seemingly unappreciative of its benching.

It took her a good moment for the woman to decide what to do with her now empty hands. She'd stuff them into her tracksuit's pocket, tilting her chin towards her combatant in a taunt for his attacks. There was nary a change in her expression during this time, but the way Aincrad's ambient light reflected upon the player emphasized the glint of a challenge in her eyes.

By her feet, clumps of soil began to gather as she shifted her trainers, preparing to evade yet another attack.

Spoiler

night does nothing lol

Crozeph | HP: 654/1050 | EN: 100/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 150/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second try, he might just land an attack if he focuses more on closing the distance between them before she could dodge. Skadi's length was longer than it originally was, despite it classified as a katana. The blade was naked and covered by some kind of blood-red fabric on the hilt and its curvature was more obvious for slicing rather than stabbing or thrusting. The weapon had undergone a lot of changes and yet its wielder is having a hard time landing a blow to a player in a duel.

The crowd seemed more hyped now that the two are moving but their attention was divided. Night pocketed her hands in her tracksuit and that made some of them utter a comment common among bystanders "that's crazy! The length of the blade will reach you" one of them uttered. Others were baffled by how Crozeph's attack, although calculated well was easy for Night to dodge. It shows the difference in stats and Crozeph knew it would take more than just the fundamentals of kendo to land an attack to Night.

The duel however was not about who was stronger between the two of them, it was Crozeph's whim. He wanted to prove something to Night and also he wanted some fried ice cream, a normal thing from a glutton like him, shame even inside the game his build will remain scrawny straight out of his real-life body. "Just one swing where her evasion will not kick in," he thought. Crozeph's attacks were all misleading with how he changes the direction but all failed this round "I wanted to prove something, even going as far as to ask this duel" he told her "it's about Yuki and I just want to let you know that…" he lunged and tried to strike her shoulder with the blunt edge of Skadi "…I'm serious about her and seek your approval of our wedding as her best friend" he added. The crowd clench their teeth as Night continued to dodge and Crozeph relentlessly attacks.

ID: 169523 I BD: 4 + 4 = 8 - 4 = 4 fail

Crozeph | HP: 684/1050 (+30) | EN: 99/102 (+1, -2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 150/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I wanted to prove something, even going as far as to ask this duel."

She tilted her head at his sudden speech. By the swing of his blade, NIGHT stepped coyly to the side, two footsteps skipping backwards to guide the swordsman to the side.

"It's about Yuki, and I just want to let you know that--"

Another slash that met air.

"--I'm serious about her and seek your approval of our wedding as her best friend."

Even as she'd dodged, the player could tell exactly how practiced Crow seemed with his weapon of choice; his weapon's reach and the quick shifts of the blade in his hands meant that there was a minimum range to his strikes that she should keep away from, and the player was set on doing just that until she got comfortable with playing it risky. And that last part-- the bit about him and Yuki...

That nearly threw her off her game.

The mix of shock and confusion that passed her face was only visible to her sparring partner as she stopped dead in her tracks for a moment, halting their dance for a beat. While her feet weren't racing, her mind was instead, looking for the words to pin down her curiosity at his request.

"You mean you don't already have it...?"

She'd admit, the wedding was a little strange -- too quick for her tastes, NIGHT would say if she spoke for herself. However, who was she to get into the way of love? She barely knew the first thing about it; the thought of it alone made her want to grind her teeth mid fight, but as she looked back towards her opponent, all the woman sent his way was a look of disbelief. "I trust you to treat her like the princess she is. Even if you don't know the first thing about doing so, I trust you enough to try. And if we're here in the way of stats and reflexes, you're welcome to come at me without a second thought just to better yourself."

"But I have no objections to your marriage. By all means, the floor is all yours."

Spoiler

nothing happens bc night is lazy

Crozeph | HP: 684/1050 | EN: 99/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 151/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 2/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He felt relieved that Night approves of it, of their marriage. Crozeph was new to that feeling and though it might seem to happen too fast or better yet all of a sudden, for him it felt like it's been a long time. He wanted to learn how to care for someone outside of his family, his father would've liked it and it doesn't matter who that person is. Years of flagellation to his mind has taken its toll, there was no religious meaning to it but he did it like a devout person would. As he continued to try to hit Night, his thoughts drifted as if his repressed emotions are going haywire.

"Out of everyone's way"
"Help where no one would see lest despise is wanted to be felt"
"I've trying but all I know is I must do my best not to be a nuisance"
"warmth...."

"Kills this monstrosity"
"I am that monstrosi..."

Three swings and not hit Night again "you know me a bit well, that is why if that time comes that I cause pain you Yuki..." Crozeph stabbed the ground with his katana just enough distance to Night "...please kill me" he uttered as he kicked the dull side of his weapon making it move upward as Crozeph held the hilt. "I will show her everything I can do in battle so she knows how I fight" his katana struck Night by the shoulder as it moved upward after kicking it "people who knew me might hesitate but you, I know you get shit done when needed," he told her. He stood after the attack, hiding from her his weary-looking eyes.

ID: 169171 BD: 7 + 4 = 11 - 4 = 7 success I CD: 6 [recovery proc] +4 EN
Crozeph dealt 18 x 15 san Ge = 270 - 79 = 191 damage to Night

Crozeph | HP: 714/1050 (+30) | EN: 92/102 (+1, -12+4) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1319/1510 | EN: 151/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 2/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh? What's up with the melodramatic dialogue? As Crow attempted to get a few more strikes in (to no avail), NIGHT couldn't help but wonder why the man started to sound as though he was just as cursed as an anime protagonist.

'Doomed to be overtaken by a shadow of his former self, bringing naught but destruction and hellfire to him, his hometown and his loved ones. That only the strongest of his companions, in his eternal frenzy, would have the heart and the strength to put him down, for nothing would restore him from that brink...'

 

--And in that stray thought of comprehending her friend's words, she'd gotten herself nicked with a slice from his blade. Nice job, monologuer.

Her health faltered, but her spirit did not. NIGHT knew the bar would stitch itself back together, and by then her combatant's attacks would be nothing more than scratches at her gauge. All she had to do was keep moving, and things would be fine.

"I highly doubt you would," she dryly returned. Even in her brief interactions with Crow, she didn't catch the man to be some sort of person with a hidden agenda, unconscious or not. "So I'm not satisfied with making that promise."

"But..."

Still, anything could happen. A few quick steps backwards and sideways, the woman prepared herself for yet another series of dodges she'd have to make. "I'll leave your proposition on the table. Until I find the need to pick up that guarantee."

Spoiler

imagine taking action. cant be night

Crozeph | HP: 714/1050 | EN: 92/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1393/1510 (+74) | EN: 152/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 3/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, that's a relief," he told her. Crozeph continued to attack and the crowd held their breath as they watched the Night dodge and Crozeph trying to hit her. The twins who helped him organize the venue were talking to each other as they watched "you think he'll be fine? that woman seems to know his moves" one of them uttered. Crozeph always knew that attacking Night won't be as easy as reciting the alphabet but he could at least try to hit her one more before the woman attacks him again

A wide swing aiming on her leg but missed, changing it direction up to her shoulder again but she dodged. he followed it by a downward swing, predictable and so it missed also "now I see where I'm lacking, I think it carbohydrates" he told himself.

ID:170696 BD: 3 + 4 - 4 = 3 fail I CD: 1
Crozeph misses (T_T)

Crozeph | HP: 744/1050 (+30) | EN: 91/102 (+1, -2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1393/1510 (+74) | EN: 152/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 3/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sorry?"

Even in her evasive maneuvers on autopilot, the woman was still well in the present, eye twitching on instinct just as Crow uttered venom in her midst. She'd near liken to summon her blade to her side once again, that cornerstone of their waltz still basking in the ambient light for show, halfway stuck in the dirt. She took her eyes off it as she shifted out of yet another art, furrowed brows now targeted towards the swordsman himself.

"For all the silence you keep, your taunts are actually pretty harsh," NIGHT remarked, almost sniping at her combatant with the bass in her tone. A quick sweep of her feet and another turn as she followed through was enough to dodge another on-coming strike, the shuffled side-step an aside to attempt to knock Crow off his balance with a swift kick to his stance.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you any manners...?"

Spoiler

shrug emoji

Crozeph | HP: 744/1050 | EN: 91/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1467/1510 (+74) | EN: 153/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 3/3]

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 176540 BD: 9 critical (f-f-finally) I CD: 10 Recovery +4 EN
Crozeph dealt 18 + 1 x 15 San Ge  = 285 - 79 = 206 damage to Night

Crozeph was almost close to smirking when he struck a tiny nerve from Night but realized that it would be best to keep his reaction subtle, a woman with hiding skills is as dangerous as a person with searching skills, which she might have both. Night's evasive maneuvers were too much for Crozeph, it's like his accuracy stats were put in its place, rely on the RNG. That wouldn't stop him tho plus this duel was something he could only think of to talk to her, he always saw her as a person who wouldn't waste time talking about things like marriage or friendships, especially with people like him, a wreck of a person in the social section.

Then Skadi prompted its effect...

Crozeph quickly dashed forward, letting the blade go where it needs to be, on Night's legs. Blue flame came out of his weapon and once it reached Night, it quickly froze locking Night in place for a short time. Crozeph pulled back his weapon to avoid hitting something fatal "they did teach me manners, it was a lot to take in so I kept the profitable ones" he told her. "Now, if you could help me convince Yuki cook something exotic..." he raised his katana and assumed a guard stance "...that would be great."

Crozeph | HP: 774/1050 (+30) | EN: 84/102 (+1, -12+4) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1261/1510 (-206) | EN: 153/163 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 3/3] | [FROZEN: STUNNED] (0/1) | [BURNING: 36 DMG] (0/2)

> Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

—Hellfire.

She'd tasted hellfire the moment both frost and flame came over her in a second.

NIGHT's breath was staggered, lossy -- the growing numbness and cold upon her calves were nothing compared to the gathering warmth scattered across her tracksuit's surface. It was suffocating, yet familiar; her scarlet hues would've taught her all about the heat during the past few months, and that ice upon her legs was only there but to ensure she wouldn't stop, drop and roll off the forced embarrassment once Crow's sword finally found shelter in her form. Tiger eyes sharpened, fixed upon her opponent's readied stance.

"Define exotic."

Spoiler

night is stunned she may be unable to move


Crozeph | HP: 774/1050 | EN: 84/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1299/1510 (+74, -36) | EN: 153/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [FROZEN: STUNNED] (0/1) | [BURNING: 36 DMG] (1/2)

Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 18271 BD: 7+4-4=7 success I CD: 12 +3 EN
Crozeph dealt 18 x 15 = 270 - 79 = 191 damage to Night
Crozeph recovered 30 HP [Battle Healing]

"Oh..." he wasn't sure how to define the word to Night but that didn't stop him from continuing his attempt to connect an attack against the woman. He managed to unleash what makes Skadi special for him for the first time and he wanted to at least leave a much better impression of his skills and not be remembered as someone goofing around. "Something that isn't normally a choice for cooking something, especially meat" he uttered as he made two quick swings. Night's evasion was something he had to work on countering but it seems the woman's build is meant for her to be near untouchable while she herself can always reach her opponent.

So he had to rely on something his friends in the dojo would find laughable...

Normally Crozeph would swing his weapon with his left hand but now he's holding it with his right. He dashed forward, quick enough to plant his feet a few steps away from Night "hide the length of the blade..." he muttered and swung his arm. It was convincing enough (or that's what he wanted to believe) and the moment his right arm went up, it revealed no weapon. Crozeph switch his grip to his dominant arm and made an upward slash that struck her shoulder and this time also cut a few strands of her hair.

He jumped back, he wasn't expecting it himself "shit, damaging a woman's hair spells bad..." he remembered how Yuki doesn't want him messing her hair, the punches thrown at him every time he accidentally tangled his best friend's hair "looks like she might take it too personal, the fried ice cream is getting out of reach."

Crozeph | HP: 804/1050 | EN: 84/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1108/1510 (-191) | EN: 153/163 (+1) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [FROZEN: STUNNED] (0/1) | [BURNING: 36 DMG] (1/2)

Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frost wasn't a good look on NIGHT. She'd manage to find an escape once the ice faltered from her feet, and yet she'd still been too slow to dodge the feint strike from Crow. Possibly because she'd been too focused on trying to process her combatant's preferences for a meal. 'Especially meat' -- as in he preferred it, or would it be exotic otherwise?

The crystalline sparkles thrown into air caught her attention, woman nearly biting her tongue in surprise when she realized what his blade had sliced into. Though she stumbled backwards, her dive back into the fray was for one punishing lash against her opponent, strike tearing into his side before she returned to a safer spot. 

With gritted teeth, NIGHT's fingers ruffled through her locks. Uneven. 

Distasteful. 

She briefly contemplated on getting another cut, eying the swordsman with a glare, before her touch fell away from her hair.

Crow's health was almost at the threshold.

Spoiler

Using [CONCENTRATION] on the following roll:

ID: 181273 | BD: 3 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 6 | <<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Crozeph.
The strike lands! (-10 EN)
20 * 13 = 260 DMG | 260 - 45 = 215 DMG


Crozeph | HP: 589/1050 (-215) | EN: 84/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1
NIGHT | HP: 1146/1510 (+74, -36) | EN: 144/163 (+1, -10) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74 | FLN: 6 | LD: 5 | [BURNING: 36 DMG] (2/2)

Participating in a Half-Loss Duel. The fight will end when the following HP values are reached:
 | | Crozeph: 525 HP | NIGHT: 755 HP
 | | Current Round: #7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×