[PP|F22] <<Shocking Stallion>> That Horse is Amazing

<<Shocking Stallion>>

Chase accepted his food back in his hands and quickly scarfed it down, watching NIGHT for a moment and seeing she was somewhat upset. An idea quickly came to mind though as he smiled and pointed back to the disgusting, slimy, dry, horrible, deserted, tedious, hellish, sticky, filled with creepy crawlies, unlikeable, absolute detestable... jungle, signalling that it was about their time to get going. He clearly had something in mind, looking through the mess his inventory really was with every single vanity crystal inside. "There was a last one, wasn't there? You've done these, so... you've gotta know the way to it. Right?"

His question was more so out of good will rather than him questioning her. He was basically already gesturing her more discretely than ever to take the lead by standing still and shaking at the mere idea of stepping back out, pretending to be assorting skill points into his build while in reality doing none of that and just lazing around. "T-Take the lead please, I don't want anything to do with the scorpions whatsoever this time around..."

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 58
HP: 1190/1190
EN: 116/116

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:59
VAMP DEF:59
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

But the kitty.

(´=・ω・=`)

In her heart of hearts, NIGHT meowed pitifully to herself, brushing cheeks with Nyanko if only to cheer herself up. The kitten returned the gesture, seemingly innocent to the scenario at hand.

With a tuck of her haughty familiar back into her jacket's pocket, she threw up her own menu as well. The player began to trek off towards the settlement, stepping out of the temple's interior as she searched her inventory for a treat. It materialized in a scatter of light, and the woman handed it to her familiar. By then, she was already halfway across the desecrated courtyard, urging ChaseR to follow behind if he hadn't already caught her movements.

"It's on the twenty second," she explained, just as they matched paces, leaving the small city of Puma. "Horse out of lightning. Absolutely an electrifying opponent. You'll want to watch out for its charged strikes; it could put one to the ground in a second."

And NIGHT would know. She'd been stunned once by the abrasive fellow.

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 165/165
  | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 74
  | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5
  | Stealth Detection: 5 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Tsukuyomi's Odachi (Alpha)
    -- [ Fallen I | On a natural roll of 6-8, gain 6 fallen damage added to your total base damage. ]
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC. ]
  • Sleek Shift
    -- [ Mitigation I | +27 MIT. ]
    -- [ Heavy Momentum II | +6 DMG on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]
  • Second Wind
    -- [ Mitigation I | +27 MIT. ]
    -- [ Light Momentum II | +2 ACC on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (2) | Instant | TELEPORT

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

Chase slowly nodded at her and let her take on the lead. Once they were out of Puma, he finally got some insight on what the final boss would be. In the meantime, he'd taken something out of his menu and was currently tweaking with it, fiddling in his hands away from NIGHT's line of sight- at least he was turned so that she wouldn't be able to see what he was up to. "A horse of lightning..? Isn't that floor the one with water?", he asked to confirm and looked over his shoulder non-suspiciously at all, keeping an eyebrow raised and tilting his head to the side even.

"You know, where the festival happened and the Sundered Spire fell down to my home floor..?", he continued, curious what would have happened to the lake by now. He remembered the water having all poured down to the twenty first or evaporated, but obviously it must have still been there- quest conditions couldn't just change because of a temporary event, and the environment in Aincrad almost always continued to regenerate after being destroyed. "... So if it's made out of lightning, that mean it can be dangerous. It can probably deal lots of damage or use the water to its advantage. I'll have to keep it away from the lake, then, as much as possible. At least its edges."

"Yeah."

A pause, but not on purpose. Her memory had gone back to the same shared experiences between the players, how the lake had been irreparable by Cardinal, water pouring down towards the open basin and flooding the space between the twenty-second and twenty-first. While the cavern wasn't completely drowned in liquid, it did make the darkened locale much more humid than once anticipated. The water, adhering to constraints, faded away over time once it reached a certain vicinity past the zone it was meant to stay within.

Now, why the developers hadn't accounted for the liquid's Y-axis, NIGHT would never know. It was that stray thought that troubled the player, alongside her hazy recollection of the first night's outing with her double on the lake.

She swallowed. They'd quickly brushed past most of the obstacles that had stopped them from entering Puma with grace. In silence, no less. The woman chided herself for keeping quiet for so long, almost forgetting her quarry was even by her side. "We won't be fighting it on the Lake of Reflections, at least," she reassured him. "It's somewhere in the woods. But there will be some water -- a small pond it sits by, I think."

All that Chase could do was nod. He didn't even know that there were more lakes than what was up in the middle of the twenty second, just nodding along and accepting it as fact. She knew better, she'd completed this quest after all. And what a quest it was. "Right. What do you think happened to the Sundered Spire? They respawn, so there's no way that they're still alive. Don't you think?", he questioned with a small frown and crossed arms, continuing to trot through the jungle. His arms didn't stay in that position when he remembered something, or at least it looked that way, and went back to tweaking something just out of NIGHT's view.

"... Maybe they're gone for good. Or they moved to a floor high enough it'll take ages to see them again.", he monologued rather silently, shaking his head in the end and realizing that even pondering about it, he wouldn't get anywhere. He'd just go on and on without any result whatsoever. "Anyways... It'll use the water to its advantage to try and shock us. Right?", he asked with furrowed brows, looking over at her and hiding whatever he was doing in his left pocket, before moving his other hand over to the right pocket and stuffing that in as well. A bit too mysterious for him but...

The player blinked at his revelation, brows starting to furrow. "They do?" She hadn't heard back from Bistro about the brokers' findings just yet -- then again, she wasn't sure if the alchemist would call upon her for that sudden mystery. If a player wasn't directly involved in a matter, NIGHT figured Bistro would keep herself out of their way in the first place. "Where'd you hear that from...?"

The duo were nearly at the settlement now; appropriate timing, considering the trek up towards the electrical horse was about to be another hike and a half. "I'd keep Cardinal's motivations for these individuals completely out of mind, if you asked me. I'm not exactly keen on them."

She'd tasted a bitterness in her mouth when she'd said so, almost as though her view had barely a trace of fault in it. She pushed on, approaching the teleporter with quick strides.

"Anyways... It'll use the water to its advantage to try and shock us. Right?

"Of course. Predictable. Wouldn't be a game otherwise."

With a deep sigh, Chase just agreed with her sentiment and climbed onto the teleporter. It wasn't long before it took them over to the twenty second, when he decided to answer her other question. "Freyd. He discovered about the Sundering Spire in the first place. It's monsters with their own intelligence that have gone rogue, respawn and constantly want to kill players, fuelled by their own hatred. I didn't believe him until I saw it back at my home floor. They kept dying and coming back. I don't think they just died for good down there- they never do, if he's right."

Just when the conversation was getting gloomy, he began to walk out of the new settlement they'd ended up in and went back to tinkering whatever he was by the side. Before NIGHT could get a good look at it though, he quickly sneaked it in his inventory and coughed dryly, attempting to horribly cover it up. "So, anyways... Horse time?", he looked over his shoulder at her and then turned around, putting both hands behind his head and waiting for her to take the lead as his own pace slowed down. "You know where it is best, chief."

"The excuse me?" To her, the name seemed to tick her off about a locale rather than a group. In addition, she hadn't expected to hear from the stray player that had managed to grab ahold of her stashed sword. As ChaseR delved into an explanation of their supposed enemy faction, NIGHT stepped off the platform, marching off towards the basin's frontier.

"I don't think they just died for good down there- they never do, if he's right."

What luck it was to be immortal. But surely it mattered little to a construct of Cardinal. NIGHT knew the pain they bore was an imitation, a simulated and fragmented mess. "Sounds like a pain to deal with," she murmured, hands shelved back into her tracksuit's pockets. The woman was about to speak further on the matter -- dismissive, as her tone and indifference was sure to clue her companion into her stance on their subjugated foes -- but the obvious hiding of something from the blue man was beginning to become a lot more apparent.

Almost as though he was underlining it on purpose.

And here she'd been ignorant of it, wanting to give him some privacy on the matter. With a pained look, she pointed towards his hands, stopping their paces just on the brink of the abyss trap to their sides.

"...So what was that...?"

Spoiler

Travelling to the Lake. (1/3)

The question did catch him somewhat off guard. "Er... The what was it that I was..?", he asked rather awkwardly and chuckled, having been knocked slightly off balance since the whole 'fight', if they could even call it that, with the feline. "Well... I was uh.". Nothing really came to mind. Plus, there was little point in lying by now, she'd already seen too much for him to just shove it under the rag and hope she'd not bring it up again before he could surprise her himself. Whatever, that was no biggie. Where's the difference between now and after the horsie anyways?

"... I saw how you were very happy with the cat. A-And I thought well, that's very cute and innocent unlike your usual self, right? ... Th-That sounds creepy, scratch that.". Yeah, he was a blabbering mess. With a deep breath, Chase tried to regain his composure and smiled at her. "I figured by your familiar and uh... interaction, right, interaction with the feline, that you were a fan of cats. So I thought...", his tone began to grow lower and lower, and his voice more quiet. He sifted through his menu and with a tap, two blue cat-like ears appeared, clipped to the top of his head on his hair. "... It's stupid but it might brighten you any. Meow~?"

Spoiler

Travelling to the Lake. (2/3)

He stammered. And then...

"I saw how you were very happy with the cat."

Shit. NIGHT clasped a hand over her mouth in a hurry, the expression on her face turning into one of agitation. Even when Yuki had once brought it up, it was to add emphasis to her recklessness in the moment, how she'd let her friend and her safety teeter off to the brink before the cougar was slain. Just as ChaseR was stammering, so too was the woman faltering in her composure -- what excuses could she even find to justify her behaviour? "Haha, sorry, cat too cute lmao"?

Maybe if it was over text.

However, the moment he'd materialized the cat ears onto his head, NIGHT rested easy into the silence.

cgYjiqA.png

Huh?

"W-wait." She could swear her eyelid was twitching, just as much as she'd wanted to snort and laugh for a moment. "T-that... That was what you were hiding... the whole time...?"

It started as a wry smile, the woman picking up on their trail towards their mark once again, but it soon gave way to a couple of giggles and a knowing grin plastered upon her face. She breathed deeply partway through their walk. "Out of all the things to be hiding," she started, glancing back towards him as her companion followed behind, "I really hadn't expected that. Thanks, ChaseR; I appreciate it."

Spoiler

Travelling to the Lake. (3/3)

The reaction was worrysome at first, but once she began to giggle he laughed awkwardly, starting to ease into it once the tension slowly dithered out from the air. "Er... Was I supposed to be hiding something else?", he asked with a chuckle and began to scratch the back of his head, feeling the clips firm on his hair. At least it was good to see he was able to put something like that together this quickly out of sheer willpower or what was it. "Do you want some? For you and her? That's what I was going to do after we killed the horse before we got back to the settlement."

They continued down their trek, only to arrive at a lake somewhere inside the forest. He could hear something like lightning crackling around the trees, but he wasn't sure where it was coming from. He thought to take the cat ears off, but then again, they weren't getting in the way or anything so... might as well keep them for the time being. "Do you see anything around here? I can hear it but I don't...", he grumbled and looked over to NIGHT, smiling slightly and turning his attention back to the trees to scan the area- still nothing though.

"Do you want some? For you and her?"

"Her?" The small smile slowly fell away from NIGHT's face, the woman taking some time to realize what ChaseR had meant with his offer. Still he was concerned with the affairs between her and her counterpart? She'd winced to herself at the thought. "... No... No, it's fine," the player returned to him, eyes trailing away to the ground. As they made their way into the forest, the shadows of the conifers cloaked their figures in a darkened hue. "I'd... rather not."

(Perhaps the darkness would be able to hide the subdued look on her face when her mind began to wander.)

It was when they'd reached a small clearing that NIGHT proceeded to shift her focus back to reality. Crackling from on-high, a small body of water nearby...

"Do you see anything around here? I can hear it but I don't--"

The moments afterwards were rapid. Right as she'd stepped into the heart of the area, NIGHT heard the marching of steps approach their direction, and in a single swing she tore at the air behind her, blade weaving to life in her hands. There, she'd struck it, a powerful resistance to batter against her blow -- Taneuma, their mark, now with a sore red gash slanted straight across its long neck and front. In an aggravated frenzy for having been caught unaware itself, a bolt of lightning from the heavens sundered the spot where the player was at.

In an instant, she'd dropped her odachi. The woman collapsed to the ground, waves of shocks running over her form like a current.

Spoiler

ID: 170168 | BD: 11 (10, +3 -2) | <<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Taneuma.
The strike lands! (-9 EN)
20 + 2 = 22 DMG | 22 * 13 = 286 DMG | 286 - 75 = 211 DMG
> NIGHT is paralyzed!

NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 156/165 (-9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5 | PARALYZED
ChaseR |

Taneuma | HP: 1289/1500 (-211) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

GROUNDED: Immune to Stun, Paralysis.
LIGHTNING STRIKE: On a Player BD9+, paralyze player after the attack has landed.
CONDUCTIVE: On MD9+, CD6+, deal 300 unmitigatable damage to the player with highest hate.

Chase nodded, not noticing her fleeting smile at turning down his request. He scratched the back of his head and looked up at the sky, quickly asking her before he went to start looking for the horse. "What color do you want your ears, hm? ... I think if I try hard enough I can make a tail too.". Sadly, his request held almost no ground as the horse quickly showed up, and NIGHT hit it where it hurt- then came the lightning, causing his eyes to widen in fear. He swiftly ran over to her, throwing his sword at Taneuma to scare him off.

He tried to attack NIGHT, but Chase got in the way and deflected the attacks as best as he could, picking his sword up again and slashing to cause the stallion to go away. That it did, but it was quickly coming back for a second round. In the meantime though, the bluehead picked up NIGHT, shaking her slightly with a face more than just worried. "NIGHT?! NIGHT, are you okay?! Can you hear me?!"

Spoiler

image.png.3d7398270c97452b0a3f308ab4f12440.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Taneuma! (BD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

Taneuma attacks NIGHT! (MD: 1, CD: -)
ATTACK MISSED

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 156/165 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5 | PARALYZED
[1] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 114/116 (-2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]

Taneuma | HP: 1289/1500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

LIGHTNING STRIKE: On a Player BD9+, paralyze player after the attack has landed.
CONDUCTIVE: On MD9+, CD6+, deal 300 unmitigatable damage to the player with highest hate.

Edited by ChaseR

Fuck, was the first thing that passed through her mind as she hit the floor, I have paralysis immunity items, don't I?

Though she would've appreciated taking the time to chide herself for her novice mistake, curled up upon the grass and watching the hooves of their hunt patter around the field, her view was instead shifted over to her player companion, attempting to jostle her to action.

Right. Paralysis was one hell of a debilitating condition. Even though she'd wanted to speak, it was only when the timer had expired on her that she was finally able to topple out of his hold. "Just-- Just fine." It came out as a wheeze from her, NIGHT starting to rise before tracking their mark around the field. "Though I really should've brought something to fend that effect off..."

Spoiler

> NIGHT suffers from Paralysis!

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 157/165 (+1) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5 | PARALYZED
[1] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 114/116 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]

Taneuma | HP: 1289/1500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

When NIGHT finally snapped out of it, ChaseR let out a deep sigh of relief, shivering somewhat  and trying to clear up his mind. He'd gotten way more worried than he should have, just there. "Okay... Okay... Sorry. I didn't want you to get hit.", he quickly dipped his head in to her and looked back at the stallion who was rushing right towards them, raising his sword at him and waiting for NIGHT to get up while he'd at least attempt to deliver another attack at the rampaging beast the two had to take care of.

When it was close enough, he quickly turned his blade forwards and shoved it right into the horse, ice erupting from the blade and even caging its shocking form momentarily. What he didn't see coming was the thunder that spurt out hitting him, getting a pained shout out of him before he dropped to the ground. Even if his blade had penetrated the creature, it slowly fell when the ice shattered and it began to run around again, aiming to charge at NIGHT this time. Chase, on the other hand, stayed on the ground, trying to shake the paralysis off.

Spoiler

image.png.803fd60fd11db8029f93d27ad28e0213.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Taneuma! (BD: 9)
19 * 13 - 75 = 247 - 75 = 172

Taneuma was frozen! (MD: -)
N/A

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 157/165 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5
[4] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 105/116 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZED

Taneuma | HP: 1093/1500 (-172 -24) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE | BLEED (24) [1/2] | FROZEN

Edited by ChaseR

A well-timed strike from ChaseR wrought forth a scatter of ice to stop the horse in its tracks. But Taneuma had other plans, seemingly more hostile than the past variant NIGHT had faced with her other bulwark. With a rupture, the equine's electricity sent the other player down to the ground, before shaking out of its crystal prison and charging forth towards the woman.

She'd wrestled with the beast before, she could do it again. Odachi slashing back into the hide of the horse, NIGHT swerved to the side in an attempt to steer clear of its rushing path. Her dodge went according to plan; the outcome of her maneuver, however, had been intercepted with yet another spear of light from the sky above, almost as though Cardinal was choosing to pick on her that day out of sheer hatred.

The player grunted, the last of her curses hissed in a short breath before she fell to the dirt once more.

Spoiler

ID: 170172 | BD: 10 (9, +3-2) | <<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Taneuma.
20 + 1 = 21 DMG | 21 * 13 = 273 DMG | 273 - 75 = 198 DMG
> NIGHT is paralyzed!

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 149/165 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5 | PARALYZED
[4] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 105/116 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZED

Taneuma | HP: 895/1500 (-198) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE | BLEED (24) [1/2]

The paralysis effect was as worrying as ever, with Chase limped on the ground. As if that wasn't bad enough, NIGHT fell too afterwards. He could tell from the thud that sounded. When it began to wear off, he slowly pushed himself off of the ground to see the horse charging right in, rolling towards his sword and picking it up. When he had, he quickly saw a kick headed his way, raising it to block the attack with a grunt. He barely managed to parry the strike, pushing the horse away and falling to the ground again almost. Now he had to maintain his balance. "This fucking boss...", he grumbled, feeling dirt all over his hair- and cat ears too, probably.

Spoiler

image.png.06cd44fc479b93d17bd53ee58c7729c1.png

Taneuma attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5, CD: -)
ATTACK MISSED

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 149/165 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5 | PARALYZED
[5] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 106/116 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZED

Taneuma | HP: 871/1500 (-24) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE | BLEED (24) [2/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Oh, wow. Another undisturbed view of the grass, the conifers, and the sound of warfare behind her as presumably ChaseR rose to tackle and batter his blade at the horse. She didn't remember having this much trouble with the equine; even as she'd traded away her immunity item to Yuki, Taneuma had only shocked her once. And they say that lightning never strikes the same place twice.

Now she could prove them wrong. What were the chances of her getting brought down to the dirt a third time? NIGHT didn't want to think about that, as the status effect finally lifted from her interface. Instead, she clambered to her feet, expelling a breath of annoyance, before readying herself to leap back into the fray.

Spoiler

> NIGHT suffers from Paralysis!

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 150/165 (+1) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5 | PARALYZED
[5] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 106/116 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZED

Taneuma | HP: 871/1500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE | BLEED (24) [2/2]

The boy kept brawling it out with the horse. No matter what, neither would let up the pressure with their assault- one slashed, the other dodged and then tried to go in for an opening. The two continued to exchange attacks, the fight getting more and more heated between them. A slash, a hop away, a kick with the horse's hind legs, a lucky block from the blueberry, and the fight went on. Eventually, they both got tired of the constant back and forth and backed down, both of them huffing. What a complete pain this boss was.

No matter what, it was almost impossible for Chase to get its guard down, but he wasn't alone. NIGHT seemed to have just recovered from the paralysis again, as he shied towards her, offering a hand in case she was still down. "No matter what I do, it doesn't just stop its attacks. Do you know any weaknesses it has?"

Spoiler

image.png.be9090f0a4e13b6b0758fd343f17d065.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Taneuma! (BD: 3)
ATTACK MISSED

Taneuma attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1, CD: -)
ATTACK MISSED

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 150/165 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5
[5] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 105/116 (+1, -2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] 

Taneuma | HP: 871/1500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE

Edited by ChaseR

"Death?"

It wasn't as though NIGHT hadn't given the kirin's elements some thought. Rather, her judgement was coming from a place of extreme distaste for their fortune this day, the woman recalling her blade to her side once more. The odachi seemed to glisten with a fervor once it was within her grasp, the ceremonial weapon emanating tendrils of darkness that wrapped around its steel, coating its edge with a hazy, hostile aura.

She too felt the anger of her sword. "The sooner it dies, the less harm it can bring to us, right?" That was true with any aggressor in the game, players even included, and before their mark nor her tank could make any more sudden movements, she'd charged the wild monstrosity with a feverish pitch. One swing -- she was careful of her range this time, letting the reach of her blade cut out her work for her -- and the horse's health dropped farther into warmer hues.

Spoiler

ID: 170180 | BD: 9 (8, +3-2) | <<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Taneuma.
20 + 6 FLN = 26 DMG | 26 * 13 = 338 DMG | 338 - 75 = 263 DMG

[5] NIGHT | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 142/165 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76 | FLN: 6 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 5
[6] ChaseR | HP: 1190/1190 | EN: 105/116 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 59 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 59 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] 

Taneuma | HP: 608/1500 (-263) | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | GROUNDED | LIGHTNING STRIKE | CONDUCTIVE