[PP-F1] «The Second Lesson, Is Also Free»

The door rings, and signals Enryu's entry into this dingy forge where the only available lighting comes from a burning hearth on the far end of the shop. At first glance, he is alone with shelves lined with wrought iron, and tempered blades who have yet to find a home. Scabbards hang from the concrete walls, more as decorative pieces, but he knew good craftsmanship when he saw it. Anything in this shop could be used to kill, and this sends a shiver down his spine.

Despite these fears, the young adventurer continues on, only until the faint silhouette of a man comes into view. Whether it be his own incoordination, or trick of the light, this silhouette fades into view much closer than he had expected, and before he knew it, a towering beast of a man is face-to-chest with him, with Enryu being the unfortunate soul whose nose finds home in that manly wilderness of chest hair. He's quick to make distance, introducing himself as, "Enryu!" a man on a mission. "I have a package for you, sir!"

He's sweating. The blacksmith eyes him up and down before letting out a hearty laugh that could shake the mountains, and this puts the mind at ease. "I know why you're here, lad," the blacksmith says. He takes hold of the package Enryu held, inspecting the contents for only a brief moment. It's a potion; hand-made. "Not the finest work, but it'll do. Say, how would you like to get your hands dirty?"

He couldn't bare the thought of denying a quest from such a person. "I'd love to," he tells him. "Good. I'm running low on materials, and I'll need you to run out and get some more for me."

His leathery hand moves to the side, and Enryu's eyes follow. He says, "You won't be alone for this one."

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows @Charrlarr

Spoiler

Enryu
Level: 4
| HP: 80 | EN: 8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 |

Active Gear

Beginner Short Sword «Uncommon»
     [Accuracy I |
Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.]

Black Padded Gambeson «Uncommon»
     [Evasion I |
Reduces the die value by 1 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.]

Consumables

Starter Healing Potion x5
     Instantly recover 50 HP.

Skills

One-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | Rank 1
     [Base: Proficiency] +1 DMG

Sword Arts

Rank 1

Rage Spike (2 Energy +2 per enemy hit)

Strike each target in the vicinity twice in a blinding fit of uncontrolled rage.
[x2 AoE]

Snake Bite (3 Energy)

The user quickly strikes the target with three brisk angled slashes.
[x3]

Edited by Enryu
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The shop door was suddenly flung open again, right behind Enryu.  Had he been any further back it would have flattened him further against the blacksmith's chest, possibly to a degree of intimacy with which neither of them would be immediately comfortable.

"...and that's when the Dragon just exploded, spraying red crystals all over the place.  If it hadn't been for the intervention of the two NPC deities from the Tanabata event, a lot of people would have died."  Freyd had been regaling Charrlarr with details of the recently completed Battle of Cratered Lake, and had become so engrossed in the telling that he wasn't paying much attention to what lay before them.  "Oh!  Uh... Hey guys.  Lyle... long time."  He turned to address his companion.

"Hey , Charrlarr, looks like someone else is just starting up at the same time.  Might be a good time to make a friend."  Freyd's black leather and cloth outfit made him look like some sort of assassin, covering every part of him except the bottom half of his face.  His player icon was green, however, making it clear that he was no PKer.

@Charrlarr

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1290/1290 | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 63
HP: 1290/1290
EN: 141/141

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4
BH:64
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*3
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

Charles was walking close behind Freyd, engaged and enamored with his wonderful storytelling. So much so, that when he opened the door to come into the shop, he didn't realize they had even arrived as he lightly bumped into Freyd with an "umphf- s-sorry!" as he backed away. He nervously peaked over Freyd's shoulder, standing a couple of steps back. His purple and red messy hair was the first thing that struck most about his appearance, his rounded glasses glinting in what little light the room had. His heavy armor clattered and clanged as he moved, since he still didn't really have the hang of wearing armor properly yet.

"Oh! Yeah, for sure. I-I'm Charrlarr. Not much to say, really. I'm just as new as you are.."

He stepped forward a bit, fiddling with his hands anxiously. The only other real player he had any true interaction with was Freyd, so this was all new. 

Spoiler

Name: Charrlarr (Charles)
Level: 4
HP: 80/80
EN: 8/8

Stats:
Damage: 4
Mitigation: 9
THRNS:9

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Tahitian Ukulele (Vanity 2HBA)
Armor: (T1 Rare Heavy Armor) - Thorns 1, MIT 1
Misc:

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 1]
Searching [Rank 1]
Battle Healing [Rank 1]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter healing potions (50 hp)*3
Requires Dimensional Backpack
Requires House with a Closet
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

As the two of them make entry into this forge, Enryu waits, scrutinizing not only their appearance, but the way they carried themselves. One seemed to be a greenhorn, nervous when he talks, and draped in sub-par gear, though this suspicion is only confirmed once Charrlarr admits it himself. The other, a seasoned veteran retelling golden stories from a time long ago. His stride is the embodiment of confidence, and his words guide Charrlarr's eyes - the trait of a guide. A subtle head nod acknowledges the two of them, promptly after he introduces himself as, "Enryu."

"It's a pleasure to meet the two of you."

Lyle steps forward, disregarding the two lower levels for just a moment. His own head nod acknowledges Freyd, a regular of the shop, and replies, "Perhaps not long enough," but immediately follows that up with a hardy laugh. It shakes the foundation on this smithy, and if it lasted for even a moment longer - Enryu feared that the ceiling might just collapse on top of them. A sigh of relief.

"As I was saying, I'm running low on supplies. I need three boar tusks to finish forging this piece," he explains whilst wary eyes find Freyd once more, and ask him, "Will you be accompanying these two young lads? I'm sure they could use the help."

Enryu turns his head, and lays a hand flat on his iron cross guard, awaiting a response. "I don't mind doing this on my own, you know."

"You practically will be, actually."  Freyd's jovial but bizarre response was made clear as he summoned a UI window with the quest description.  Scrolling down, he found the requisite passage, highlighted it and flipped it around for Enryu to read for himself.

"If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 3 Boar Pup Tusks). Boar Pup Tusks may not be shared between participants, as the items are considered bound to the player."

"These quests are basically designed to be completed solo."  He tapped the back of the screen with his gloved hand, making it vanish.  "But it doesn't mean that you can't have company.  If nothing else, it helps you to create contacts that might be useful for later quests, and also to help pass the time.  Don't underestimate either one."  Freyd had a smile on this face, but there was a predatory quality in his eyes that warned Enryu of the potential dangers of solo play.  "You're always more vulnerable alone," the shadowy man added.

"Come on!" He called out, his friendly demeanor instantly returned.  "Bacon Bits won't de-tusk himself.  Let's get going.  And remember: don't spare the AoE on this one.  It'll save you a ton of time if you have it."

He lifted his hand and waved at Enryu, pleased but nervous to meet a fellow, and new player. He listened to Freyd as he spoke about the quest, understanding that the quest had to be finished alone, but it helps to have others with you. Being alone is never good, especially in this world. He was happy to have company for his first combat quest. Lord knows he needed it, bad. He listened with a small smile until Freyd mentioned "Bacon Bits," the boar he avoided with all his being just a little earlier that day. His heart sank a bit, knowing that Bacon Bits was stronger than any other frenzied boar around. He turned to Freyd and looked him in the eye, visibly filled with angst and fear.

"W-Wait, we're gonna fight THAT boar?! I thought it'd be some of the normal, low-level ones! God, this is gonna be a nightmare.."

He curled into himself with a groan, loathing the thought of having to face that 'beast'. Completely disregarding the fact that he wouldn't be alone.

Enryu's wane smile comes to a thin-lipped shut at the mention of this creature. His confidence is dwindling, and he feels the need to ask Freyd, "Who?" as if it weren't already clear enough. "I thought we were just fighting boars, unless ..," a pause, followed by a dismissive shake of the head. In the grand scheme of things, he knew it didn't matter. This was something he needed to do, and where his own confidence falters, the beacon of hope he had only just met fills the gap. Despite Freyd's offsetting, and generally mischievous appearance, he finds solace in his company, enough to say, "Well, we should probably get going now. Like you said, he's not going to de-tusk himself," with the most smug grin he could make.

A glance towards Charrlarr aims to defuse that meltdown, offering him a bit of advice, "Just stay close to me. I'll protect you," as if such a feat were even possible.

He wasn't sure if he could even protect himself.

Nevertheless, he reaches for the door handle, and pries it open. The mahogany wood creak of old, weathered wood signals their advance into the world. It isn't long before Enryu realizes something, though. ".. I'm not sure where we're suppose to be going."

"This way," Freyd added as he led them back to the main gate.  He spared a moment to wave to one of the NPC guards.  "Hey Marv, these guys are gonna face the Bits.  Wish'em luck.  We still stocked up on coffins?"  The guard, who was no different than any of the others, completely ignored the man's comments and gave a him a regularly programmed yawn as he walked by.  Marv had never acknowledged Freyd in any way, yet the shadowy player insisted on talking at him regularly.

The boar fields were literally just outside the gates.  Large numbers of boar pups with neutral yellow icons wandered the rolling terrain singly or in groups.  "Alright, talk to each other, gents.  What are you good at, and what are you not?  Figure out how you're going to tackle these things, then have at them."

Crossing his arms and leaning against a conveniently placed boulder by the side of the road, Freyd waited to see what they could do.  "Each of you need to collect the tusks yourselves.  The system won't let me help."

Enryu's words calmed his nerves slightly, a small smile grew on his lips. But not for long. After they traveled out into the field, it was time to hash out a game plan. The only ideas he had in his head were normal video game strategies, but that wouldn't help when this game is so close to being real. He knew nothing about combat, especially in this game. He only chose a two-handed axe because he could turn it into an instrument. He looked back and forth between Freyd and Enryu, slowly taking his axe off of his back and into his arms, hugging it like a teddy bear.

"U-Uhm.. we could.. er, y'know.. god, I don't know! I have no idea what these things are capable of! Surely more than me! ..... how're you so confident? we're both newbies, right? Aren't you afraid??"

He stared at Enryu, confused by his state of mind. How could this player be so calm and collected in a time like this? Sure, it's the first enemies of the game, but we don't really know what we're doing. One slip up and it's over. Charles totally disregarded the fact that if one of them got in too deep, any of the three of us could help. Hopefully his panicking would be pushed to the wayside after all this.

As the three of them cross the border between this town, and the wilderness, it becomes readily apparent that their task lies just beyond the end of this field. Luscious green plains are home to hundreds of procedurally generated boars, appearing only after a short respawn time. A few groups had already made headway into this quest, slashing these digital beasts into nothing more than data fragmentation. He's scanning the world despite Charrlarr's frantic debate, that is, until his eyes lay upon two separate groups. One group - a family of four boars, wander aimlessly among the meadows, picking at grass here and there, as if their only purpose were to exist for a player like him. On the other end, two boars walk hand in hand, scouting the area for any unsuspecting player who may be foolish enough to walk these parts alone.

He takes in a deep breath.

"Of course I'm nervous," is drawn out under his breath while a hand lay on the cross guard of his blade. It's slowly unsheathed, and brought into view, and even the faintest glisten of sunlight illuminates it's edges like the corona of our blinding sun. It even blinds him for a moment, so he squints, and continues to say, "But, I know standing here and feeling sorry about myself isn't going to do me any good. Sometimes, all you need to do is just take a leap of faith," and his eyes set on Charrlarr, if only for a moment. He smiles, then asks him, "Would you like to take this leap of faith with me? We could ambush the two boars on the far-end, or deal with the four just over there. Your choice. My AoE isn't the greatest, but it'll pass."

Freyd quietly listened to their banter, remembering the same uncertainty.  He'd completed this quest alone, waging an epic battle against the fearsome Bacon Bits.  It was laughable now, but the fear and sense of accomplishment were just as real to him then as that facing Charrlarr and Enryu now.

"Pick the bigger group," he suggested.  "Trust me, you'll both be fine.  Try a sword art, if you've already learned some.  If your partner kills off a boar or four, just tag some more."  He chuckled at the unintended rhyme.  "Have at it, lads.  These things can't really hurt either one of you."  It was true.  The SP they'd earned from the first lessons, combined with the boar pups nerfed stats made them completely harmless.  Maybe he'd let them have a go against his old nemesis afterwards, just to give them a more realistic taste.

Without further ado, he nudged them both towards the larger group.  It was time to kick the proverbial fledglings out of the nest.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1290/1290 | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
Charrlarr | HP:80/80 | EN:8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT 9 | Thorns: 9
Enryu | | HP:80/80 | EN:8/8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Freyd takes no action.

ID # | BD: -

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #2 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #3 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #4 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3

After they arrived in the field, he listened to Enryu's take on the situation. He was right, we need to take action and quit feeling sorry for ourselves. This is just the first step, and hell, we can take it. He looked around and all of the small groups of frenzied boars in the distance, contemplating just what we should do. Then, as Freyd strongly suggested the larger group closer to us, Charles' face lit up like a lightbulb. He looked back and forth between the two, almost like he had just discovered the meaning of the universe.

"I-I've got it! Since I have a two-handed batltleaxe, my AoE is perfect for this! I can do damage to the overall group, and Enryu, you can pick off the stragglers! At least.. I think that'll work.. god, what do I know?!"

He slammed his hand onto his face with an audible groan, slouching his back downward. He wanted to be able to make the best of their skills, but what skills did they even have? Confidence and doubt circled his mind like a wild goose chase.

Before Charrlarr could even finish that first sentence, Enryu is already kicking off the ground in a blitzing sprint!.. He's let the adrenaline get the best of him, and standing still just wasn't something he could bare anything longer. A leap into the air casts a foreboding shadow down upon these four, and just like the setting sun, his blade befalls them like a bad omen. Tempered steel digging deep into digital flesh, exposing their graphical innards as if meant to cleave it entirely into two separate pieces. Bacon. It seems he lacks the damage though, watching that HP bar drop to nearly half.

Now he's surrounded.

He frantically looks around, switching targets as he readies from them to retaliate. His guard as raised, and now all he can do is shout, "Charrlarr!" a cry for help. "Cleave them!" A glance over the shoulder switches from Charrlarr to Freyd. In that moment, he felt as if for the first time his life were actually in danger.

Even if it wasn't.

Spoiler

[H:0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1290/1290 | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
[H:0/0/0/0] Charrlarr | HP:80/80 | EN:8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT 9 | Thorns: 9
[H:1/0/0/0] Enryu | | HP:80/80 | EN:7/8 (-1) | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Enryu deals 2 DMG to Boar Pup #1.

ID # 171334 | BD: 5 +1 = 6

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 3/5 (-2) | DMG 3
Boar Pup #2 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #3 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #4 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3

Edited by Enryu

Freyd looked almost gleeful as he watched Enryu charge into the pack.  "He's going to regret that in a minute," he whispered to Charrlarr.  "Why don't you cement a friendship and go bail him out?" A quick wink of the eye implied that he had every confidence in Charly's ability to assist.

For his part, Freyd plunked himself on the ground and summoned a half-finished cup of coffee from his inventory.  One of the nearby boars wandered to him and tried to steal a sniff, only to get bopped on the head by Freyd's fist when it tried to do so.  Somehow, this caused it, and two it its companions to charge him, bowling him over and spraying his luke warm drink all over the place.  Sitting back up in the aftermath of their miniature stampeded, Freyd was no worse for wear, save the loss of his morning drink.

"Have at'em boys," he said, laughing.  "Avenge my spilled drink."

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1289/1290 (-1) | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
[0/0/0/0] Charrlarr | HP:80/80 | EN:8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT 9 | Thorns: 9
[1/0/0/0] Enryu | | HP:80/80 | EN:7/8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Freyd takes no action.

Boar Pup #1 (vs. Enryu): ID # 171376 | MD: 3 - 1 (EVA) = 2.  Boar Pup #1 misses Enryu.
Boar Pup #2 (vs. Freyd): ID # 171377 | MD: 9 (crit +1).  Boar Pup #2 deals (3 - 79 [MIT] = 1 [minimum]) damage to Freyd.
Boar Pup #3 (vs. Freyd): ID # 171378 | MD: 1 (critical miss)
Boar Pup #4 (vs. Freyd): ID # 171379 | MD: 2 - 2 (EVA) = 0.  Boar Pup #4 misses Freyd.

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 3/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #2 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #3 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #4 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3

He watched in horror as Enryu leapt into battle without a word, letting out a loud shout. He froze up, taking his axe and squeezing it tight as he watched Enryu strike. He then heard Enryu's cry for help, and before he could get another word out, Charles dashed forward as fast as he could not a thought in his head other than 'GO!', swinging his axe with all his might. Not knowing what he was doing, or if he was even doing it right.

"GRRRAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

And with that, the three boar pups that Enryu hadn't targeted yet disappeared into shards of code, moving away in the breeze. Charles collected all three tusks, holding them in his hands. His face was flushed white as snow, like he had seen a ghost. With beads of sweat dripping down his forehead, he cleared his throat and fell to his knees, heaving lightly.

"I..I-I did it..?"

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1289/1290 (-1) | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
[0/0/0/0] Charrlarr | HP:80/80 | EN:0/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT 9 | Thorns: 9
[1/0/0/0] Enryu | | HP:80/80 | EN:7/8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA:

Whirlwind (x2 AoE, +6 hits) = 8 EN

Boar Pup #2: ID # 171381 | BD: 8 (hit). Charrlarr deals (2x4 = 8) damage to Boar Pup #2
Boar Pup #3: ID # 171382 | BD: 10 (Crit +2). Charrlarr deals (2x6 = 12) damage to Boar Pup #3
Boar Pup #4: ID # 171383 | BD: 9 (Crit +1). Charrlarr deals (2x5 = 10) damage to Boar Pup #4

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 3/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #2 | HP: 0/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #3 | HP: 0/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #4 | HP: 0/5 | DMG 3

Boar Pup #2 ID: 171388 LD: 11 (1/3 tusks found)
Boar Pup #3 ID: 171389 LD: 20 (2/3 tusks found)
Boar Pup #4 ID: 171390 LD: 19 (3/3 tusks found)

He watched as three of those four pups diverted their attention to Freyd, and Charrlarr. It's enough to bring a smile to his face, the way that he charges in there, cleaving through the entirety of them in one fell swoop. Reduced to nothing more than data, and EXP, those boars fall, leaving only one remaining. Enryu turns his head just as it charges in! "Tch!" a grunt of desperation as Enryu narrowly evades that devastating blow.

Just like a matador egging on a bull, this was something like a game, and that boar - a bull, enraged at the mere sight of this young adventurer. Another charge, and this time, it was clear that boar aimed to knock him on his rear, but Enryu's blade rears back and adopts an emerald green glow, just like snake venom, except this was much sharper, and just as deadly. It's a power source, sucking in energy, just until that vibrant glow looks as if it were about to explode.

A crescent swing to the body of that boar leaves it stumbling backwards, just before exploding into data fragmentation, just as its family before.

"That's what I'm talking about!"

But his smile is waning, completely vanishing at the sight of an empty loot screen.

"Wha .."

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1289/1290 | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
[0/0/0/0] Charrlarr | HP:80/80 | EN:0/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT 9 | Thorns: 9
[0/0/0/0] Enryu | | HP:80/80 | EN:5/8 (-3) | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Enryu uses «Snake Bite» and deals 12 DMG to Boar Pup #1!
Critical Hit! (+2)

ID # 171498 | BD: 10 +1 = 11

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 0/5 (-12) | DMG 3

No loot found! ID # 171499 | LD: 4

"Oh, nice hit!"  Freyd cheered on Enryu from the sidelines.  Charlarr's attacks had netted him all the tusks be needed, but now he also had to sit and watch.  "Go get another one," Freyd urged.  "We can't help or we'll steal your opportunity for loot.  Don't worry if it takes a bit, there are plenty of boars around, and we can busy ourselves looking for materials, or chatting... or something."  The truth was that Freyd absolutely despised looking for materials.  He could actually buy any T1 and T2 materials he might ever need from his own shop, and he had a massive stash of piled up T3 materials sitting in the bank.  Merchants simply didn't use the things, except as a form of alternate currency when buying thing from crafters' shops.

"Don't worry.  We'll wait for you.  And I think you're figuring out that these wee beasties can't really do much to you.  Just don't provoke more than you need to at a time."

Charles slowly hobbled over to Freyd, breathing heavily as he sat down next to him with a thump. His axe falling to the ground as hit sat, making a loud clanging noise. That one lucky swing got him everything he needed, way faster than his first quest, but left him utterly exhausted, physically and mentally. He laid his hand on his forehead and watched Enryu in the field, lifting his free hand in the air and waving.

"You.. you can do it! I did it! So.. so that means you can too! I think I just got.. really lucky.. ough!"

He then flung himself backward, laying on the soft, bright green grass with a loud grunt. He was gonna take a long time to get used to playing as a tank. Maybe using some normal swings for a while to get used to the overall heaviness.. he had faith in Enryu, after that short time he spent attacking those boars, he gained a new sense of confidence. One that would never leave him. But he couldn't let himself get too cocky, because that was all luck, and the three players knew that.

With a hand pressed to the back of his neck, he chuckles, though, more nervous than anything. It was actually quite embarrassing to say the least, being so confident, but yet, unable to achieve something like what Charrlarr achieved today. It put things into perspective for him.

Just over yonder, he spots another group of four. Daring. Those unsuspecting boars wander these plains aimlessly, nibbling at tufts of grass, awaiting the slaughter. But, was this too much for him to handle? He felt the need to do something crazy, just to bounce back. If anything, his pride was hurt, and he felt the need to redeem himself. A tight grip on his sword brings it up above his head, and steadily now -- he charges!..

A devilishly red glow emanates from his blade.

It was as if his sword felt an anger swell inside of it, and unleashed that feeling in a sporadic swipe that aims to cleave two of the boars in half! The first strike is narrowly avoided, but his momentum keeps him going. A pivot on his feet aims that blade against the second boar, and it digs deep. "Tch!"

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1289/1290  | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
[1/1/0/0] Enryu | | HP:80/80 | EN:2/8 (-4) | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

ID # 171596 | BD: 3 +1 = 4 (MISS!)
ID # 171597 | BD: 6 +1 = 7

Enryu activates «Rage Spike» and misses Boar Pup #1!
Attack lands against Boar Pup #2!
4 DMG!

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #2 | HP: 1/5 (-4) | DMG 3

Edited by Enryu

"Well," Freyd said, watching Enryu take on another full pack of boars, "he certainly is ambitious, I'll give him that."  Resting his elbows on his knees and cradling his chin on top of intertwined fingers, Freyd watched the battle unfold.  Enryu didn't have the benefit of Charrlarr's armor, though he was more mobile.  Without anything else to distract them, the entire pack fell upon the man.  Not that they were truly a threat, but they did manage to get in a few gashes with their small tusks.  

Freyd simply watched, wondering how Enryu would handle the situation.  He'd step in if there was ever any true danger.  In the meantime, it was mildly entertaining and definitely educational for the new warrior to learn how to deal with such situations.  His gaze turned momentarily to Charrlarr, curious to see how the other initiate was  going to react to his friend's unusual situation.

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1290/1290  | EN:141/141 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:64
[1/1/0/0] Enryu | | HP:73/80 | EN:2/8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

ID #171604 | MD: 6 - 1 (EVA) = 5 (miss).
ID #171605 | MD: 8 - 1 (EVA) = 7 (hit).  Boar Pup #2 deals 3 damage to Enryu.
ID #171606 | MD: 9 (Crit +1).  Boar Pup #2 deals 4 damage to Enryu.
ID #171607 | MD: 1 (miss)

Boar Pup #1 | HP: 5/5 | DMG 3
Boar Pup #2 | HP: 1/5 | DMG 3