[PP-F19] Lazy Lion Days

Talk of a beast that could (and had) leveled entire settlements moved through the network of Info Brokers like wildfire. As it was some manner of plant, the Lion called Ki'Raion thrived during the day, ravaging areas of the nineteenth floor and sending Players off licking their wounds. Needless to say, the prospect of taking down a juggernaut creature like that filled Alkor with anticipation.

Not only would the experience catapult his level further toward his goal on the Frontlines, but the notoriety of taking down a beast that felled so many other Players never hurt in Aincrad. Of course, without a tank, he'd basically be praying that the monster never struck him.

And he knew that the likelihood of that happening was practically zero. So, instead of writing goodbyes and leaving a suicide note, he only addressed one message. It was to Chase:

"Hey. I'm going to fight some lion thing on Floor 19. You in?"

@ChaseR

Alkor level 41

HP: 840/840 | EN: 82/82 | DMG: 14 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | BLI 24

Equipment: 

[Blightsteel] T2 Demonic CS: 2 DMG 1 BLI Cursed

[Nightmare Bomber] T2 Perfect LA: 2 MIT 1 EVA

[Eye of Osiris] T1 Perfect Trinket: 3 ACC

Skills:

[One Handed Curved Sword] Rank 5 (max) 

[Light Armor] Rank 3

Mods:

[Ferocity] One Handed Curved Sword

[Precision] One Handed Curved Sword

[Athletics]  Light Armor

Extra Skills: 

Yatagarasu: [Fighter] Familiar, rank 3 (max)

Battle Ready Inventory:

×3 T2 Perfect Healing Potions (Recovery III)

×1 Mass Recovery Crystal 

Edited by Alkor

As soon as the message arrived, an answer was punched in almost immediately. "Sure.". Short on words as per usual upon waking up, Chase quickly headed on over to get dressed and then rushed to the nineteenth floor. By the time he was there, he realised it had been a day or so since the last quest that they two took on. That was plenty of room for him to have leveled- and that he had certainly done. He was about five levels above what he was before, if not closer to ten. A true monster of a tier three player, for how much of a newbie he was and in comparison to the rest of course.

Maybe that was because he got his ass out of the house to do quests more often than ever though- speaking of which, there were still some loose ends he had to tie when it came to quests. No matter. Alkor had just begun to get within his line of sight, getting a wave from him and a tired yawn as he stretched and looked over. "Yo. What monster was it? I haven't done that quest probably.", he told him and cocked an eyebrow, curious to see. He had his suspicions, but... Little point in debating over whether he was right or not when he could just hear it right from the source.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 62
HP: 1270/1270
EN: 124/124

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:63
VAMP DEF:63
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Rank 1]
Charge [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

When he heard Chase, Alkor turned from where he was trying to get a vantage point over the affected area of the floor and gave a slight wave. "Yo," he greeted. The man arrived fast, so Alkor doubted he had interrupted anything overly serious. He gestured for the other man to come closer and get a look at the scene unfolding ahead of them.

At first, it didn't seem too dangerous. A few Players were visible on the horizon, and it looked like they had established a rear guard. But where that was true, there was most certainly a Vanguard. Knowing that, and seeing a Player break ranks to flee with a look of terror on their face, well...

Alkor had already watched them bolting, twice now. So, by the time Chase joined him, the rear guard was covering their retreat. Together, the two watched as Ki'Raion came into view, swiping viciously at the tanks and roaring angrily toward the heavens. It barely even seemed to lose momentum as it hacked through their defenses. With one last roar, the last of the defenders lost his nerve. They scrambled, screaming, scuttled.

"He's called Ki'Raion," Alkor explained, "word is, if you wait to ambush him at night, he's not nearly as dangerous. That said," Alkor glanced toward Chase with a smirk. "I'm not one for half measures, so if I'm gonna beat him, I wanna do it when he's at full strength. You down for that?" he asked.

Despite the expertise of complete incompetence, Chase gave a nod at Alkor and smiled slightly. "Even you're a higher level than him. This party was either uncoordinated as all hell or even more clueless than me. Let's go get him.", he replied and began to move on down towards the beast's location alongside Alk, checking on his equipment. All was good here, including his recently upgraded Chained Bracelet that he had made. "Whatever his skills are anyways, if it's easier it means less loot. And we want good loot right now- you and me. I haven't done this, so that means this will benefit us both tons.", he tapped the side of his forehead with a grin, reaching one hand up to his blade to pull it out of its sheathe and staring down the monster in the distance. It hadn't seemed to have taken notice of them yet, which was pleasant- the fight was theirs to control in full. "Anything to share before we go?"

"Yeah, even I'm a higher level than him," Alkor snorted. Chase hadn't ever been one to mince words, and two days later he was still blunt to the point Alkor had to believe he was even less socialized than a NEET. If that was even possible. Still, ever one to keep his feelings to himself, the darkly dressed swordsman shifted gears.

"Since there's only two of us, you've got the higher level and stats, and better gear, so you're suited to take whatever damage the thing deals out- if it manages to hit you at all. Just like with the pirates, but hopefully less annoying, now," he remarked as the Three-Legged Crow came in for a landing and perched quietly on his shoulder, one leg up as if contemplating the world. Alkor's eyes shifted toward the unassuming creature for an instant before he looked back to Chase. "Looks like its got a AoE attack," he added, "and he can ensnare a Player in his mane, kind of like vines."

Alkor didn't know what would prompt the attacks, he'd only taken notice of them and heard different accounts from the Info Brokers.

"That said, I should be able to keep up better in damage, now."

Watching the crow land on his shoulder, he let out a deep sigh. Out of all the familiars that he could get, he decided a knock-off Pokemon was better... Each to their own, after all. A familiar was a familiar and they helped when they did. This was one of those cases. "Mhm, sure thing. It's not like I'm the tank among us two.", he remarked with a slow nod, letting out a deep sigh and just shrugging. As they came out of cover- or at least Chase did, he managed to nab its attention by brandishing his blade a bit.

Now that its eyes were locked with the bluehead's, the two exchanged glares silently. If looks could kill, they'd both be an equal match- surprising Chase could put up that much of a fight really. Now though, there was an opening for Alkor to dive right in and show off some of that sweet damage he claimed to be sporting with his new familiar. "C'mon, go get him.", he even called out to Alkor, gesturing him with one hand while holding his blade nonchalantly in the other.

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
Alkor:

Ki'Raion: HP: 850/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2]

<< Tail Swipe >> : If BD 9-10 and MD 1-5 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" unleashes a powerful tail swipe that can strike a whole party. Deals 150 AoE damage to all party members as well as normal damage to the player with the most hate.
<< Venus Fly Trap >> : If BD of 9-10 and MD of 6-10 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" lunges at the player with the most hate and encases them in its floral mane. They experience 150 additional damage and will take 100 additional damage for each following turn that they're trapped. They are freed when at least 200 HP damage has been dealt to "Ki’Raion" or another player achieves greater hate. A trapped player may still attack.
<< Photosynthesize >> : Absorbing the Sun’s energy, every second attack "Ki’Raion" makes will be damage boosted by 150.

He couldn't speak to which of them was faster, but what he did know was that Chase had the advantage in terms of recovery and aggro gain. That meant Alkor had an edge over Ki'Raion in the sense that he could boldly rush right in and draw first blood, and still leave Chase room to kite the creature off him. Of course, the smallest of miscalculations here would cost him dearly; so before he dan headlong into the fray, he thrust his arm outward and upward, and Yatagarasu went winging skyward.

"Alright big guy," he muttered beneath his breath. "Tell me how to hit that critter nice and hard..."

The crow gave a shrill cry as he let out a warning to Alkor, who noticed just in time that the Lion had noticed him first. "Fu-" he caught himself short, twisting narrowly out of the way of a swipe. The sunlight beat down on him, and in tandem with the exertion he had already begun to perspire. "Yeah, no, new plan," Alkor shook his head.

"Turns out this thing is pretty damn sharp."

Alkor clambered to his feet and drew his weapon in hand. Before he could even think to charge a Sword Art, the beast was already in their business. No wonder other Players had trouble with it. "Looks like we're gonna need to keep on our toes."

ID# 170803 Battle: 2 (+4 -2) [miss]

[0] ChaseRHP: 1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[0] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 80/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 850/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2]

Edited by Alkor

Hearing out what Alkor proposed, Chase just threw him a troubled look. "Sharp? This seems dangerous to you?", he questioned with a low laughter, running right towards the monster that seemed to have gotten enraged a fair bit by Alkor. He quickly jumped into the air with his sword behind him, moving another hand up to the hilt to grip it tightly and bringing down the roof onto the poor monster. When it tried to slam him with its tail, he instead grabbed it and used it to pull himself closer to the beast.

And with that, he swiped right at it, bits of ice starting to form across the cut on the monster's thick skin. While it didn't take as much damage as he expected it should have, it got dealt a fair bit. The true gain was in seeing it freeze right to the ground and stay in place, getting him to smile. He slashed across its body again and ran back next to Alkor, leaving cuts all over with his blade's jagged edges as it bled, frozen in place and missing its window to attack. "I'd say we're more dangerous. C'mon, go sick 'em."

Spoiler

image.png.dc22575bf3f62d29b957ed2ccbd440af.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Ki'Raion! (BD: 10)
20 * 13 - 100 = 260 - 100 = 160 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE

Ki'Raion is frozen! (MD: -)

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 114/124 (-10) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[0] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 80/82 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 666/850 (-160 -24) | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2] | BLEED (24) [1/2]

<< Tail Swipe >> : If BD 9-10 and MD 1-5 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" unleashes a powerful tail swipe that can strike a whole party. Deals 150 AoE damage to all party members as well as normal damage to the player with the most hate.
<< Venus Fly Trap >> : If BD of 9-10 and MD of 6-10 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" lunges at the player with the most hate and encases them in its floral mane. They experience 150 additional damage and will take 100 additional damage for each following turn that they're trapped. They are freed when at least 200 HP damage has been dealt to "Ki’Raion" or another player achieves greater hate. A trapped player may still attack.
<< Photosynthesize >> : Absorbing the Sun’s energy, every second attack "Ki’Raion" makes will be damage boosted by 150.

Edited by ChaseR

Alkor had to applaud the other man's enthusiasm, if not his bravado. Taking this too lightly was a good way to end up pixelated for good. Nevertheless, as Chase took the initiative, the attack paid off. Ki'Raion shivered as a layer of frost blanketed its form, crystallizing the precious dew that worked over the course of the morning to give it life. The creature snarled and spasmed, clearly affronted by this sorcerous new affliction. Whoever thought to bring ice to a greenhouse was a mad lad.

"Yeah, yeah," the brunette waved a hand, "you and I both know it's because I distracted it first."

Whether it was true or not, it was important that he give the man the same essential wisdom he had given Alkor not two quests prior. Don't get cocky. "Anyway, I'm not letting you run away with the leaderboard this time!" Alkor howled as he charged his Sword Art. The blade glowed a hot orange as he raced toward the plant lion.

He let loose with a flurry of strokes as the distance closed. He could see it clearly- the space between him, Ki'Raion, and Chase. There was plenty of room. He took another bold, powerful step and his blade bit the beast directly between the two Players.

When the blade made contact, the surface of the floral feline seemed to recoil from its touch. Around the nexus of the strike, it ferociously began to wither.

"Hell yeah," he hissed triumphantly.

ID# 171045  Battle: 10 [Critical Hit]

14 + 2 = 16 +1 = 17 × 11 = 187 - 100 = 87 damage

[Blight] applied

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 114/124 (-10) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 70/82 (-11)| DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 579/850 (-87) | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2] | BLEED (24) [1/2] BLIGHT [1/2]

Edited by Alkor

Leaderboard? Chase quickly looked around the screen, slightly thrown off to have heard something about leaderboards. There was such a thing in this game? While looking around though, Ki'Raion quickly turned his sights over to the boy and rammed him in with its tail, slapping him by the side completely and sending him tumbling. As soon as he hit the ground though, Chase's acrobatics let him get back to his footing and rush at the mob, slashing right where it had been bleeding and wounded by Alkor's blight.

A nasty attack, and the way he jumped on top of it only to get it rolling about the ground before jumping back off, it was only more crafty and sneaky than his usual. "Hey, you threw me off balance, no fair!", he grunted and clenched his grip on the greatsword, growling slightly. Yeah, the adrenaline rush had certainly gotten to him so far. "Let's just kill it dead, keep up the blight if you can.", he turned his attention back to Ki'Raion, looking at the beast roar as its neck began to glow slightly. It was... charged up.

Spoiler

image.png.84edb30be42595ce008ada088e74f7e0.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Ki'Raion! (BD: 9)
20 * 13 - 100 = 260 - 100 = 160

Ki'Raion attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7)
175 - 43 = 132

[5] ChaseR: HP: 1132/1270 (-132) | EN: 105/124 (+1, -10) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 70/82 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 371/850 (-160 -24 -24) | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [1/2] | BLEED (24) [2/2] | BLIGHT [1/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Honestly, I don't want to see how nasty that thing can be. The faster it dies, the less danger there will be in the overhead. 

Despite outward appearances and candor, Alkor's mind focused on logistics. They were dealing steady damage to the creature, but it was able to deplete large chunks of Chase's life with a single blow. He didn't want to think what might happen when it unleashed full power. That was when he took note.

Ki'Raion was leaned back slightly, the flowery mane unfurling like the petals of a flower as it drank in the morning light. He could see a faint glow about the lion that only seemed to become more apparent as time progressed. "Holy shit," Alkor blurted out, "its about to use solarbeam."

He didn't have enough time to talk about how many copyright laws that breached, or how if Nintendo could see it-

"My turn!" he called out...

...as he narrowly skidded out of the way of a swipe of the creature's tail. It didn't seem to have any interest in him, yet that damn tail got in the way. Alkor had only noticed it at the last second, and so, he aborted his encroachment for the time being. "Dammit," he grunted. "Be careful!"

ID# 171049 Battle: 3 (+4 = 7 - 2) [miss]

[5] ChaseR: HP: 1132/1270 | EN: 105/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 69/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 371/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [1/2] | BLIGHT [1/2]

Edited by Alkor

Before Chase could ask what that solarbeam was, he saw the monster running right towards him. Bracing himself, he raised his sword in the air right above himself, waiting until Ki'Raion suddenly halted before him- he quickly ran his blade right into the beast's open mouth, feeling it cut right through. Maybe it came out from the other side, or it just absorbed the hit like the damage sponge it was. No, instead, it used that hit to its advantage to keep him place. With a green beam beginning to form at the very hilt of Chase's sword, his eyes widened before-

"Stay ba-", he tried to warn Alkor only to be shut off by the bang of the small explosion. Whatever that attack was, it dealt a fair bit- he could take tons of those if needed though, and that just seemed to be the case this once. Before the monster could pull back from its attack, Chase gripped it by the flowery mane tightly and held it up close, his eyes squinted almost and completely narrowed compared to his usual. And now he was truly pissed off with it. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?!", he said almost maniacally glaring at it, although with a smile backed up by the sheer adrenaline of that. Being in the center of an explosion, feeling none of it and even making it out with barely a scratch... "The fucking rush..!"

Spoiler

image.png.5ecd8277569797090f5466bba7ae85d9.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Ki'Raion! (BD: 9)

Ki'Raion attacks ChaseR! (MD: 9)
175 + 1 + 150 [Photosynthesize] - 43 = 326 - 43 = 283

[7] ChaseR: HP: 928/1270 (+63 +16, -283) | EN: 96/124 (+1, -10) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 69/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 187/850 (-160 -24) | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [2/2] | BLIGHT [2/2]

Edited by ChaseR

He kept falling so far behind. 

Chase had enhanced his speed and turned the fight with Ki'Raion into a lightning fast death match. The beast seemed only to keep up in that it had done far more damage than any mob they had faced together and shaved off a massive amount of Chase's healt bar. At least, comparatively it seemed massive.

Altogether it felt like Alkor just couldn't keep up, in damage or in stats. It made the darker dressed Player chew on the inside of his cheek with utter disappointment. He thought he would have closed the gap just a little by now, but the other man just kept growing. And the gulf between them seemed more vast than ever before.

When Ki'Raion galloped by, he attempted to unleash his Sword Art and help deal some more of the damage; but the blast that came as if from nowhere blew him backward. "Jesus CHRIST!" he cursed as he turned heels over head and ate dirt. Alkor spat loudly and pushed himself back to his feet, albeit visibly disoriented.

"I gotta get it together," he growled.

ID# 171766  Battle: 2 (+4 -2) [miss]

[7] ChaseR: HP: 928/1270 | EN: 96/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 68/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 187/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [2/2]

lolololol I put the end spoiler tag at the beginning and the spoiler open tag at the end.

Edited by Alkor

Chase seemed completely absorbed in the battle in the meantime, continuing to hold the beast by its mane. He waited to see if Alkor would approach, but he didn't. And so, the crimson aura that appeared ever so often did so, alongside the white glow of the other healing enhancement on his clothes- and he began to heal, at a faster rate than his normal- double, if not more. "I'll hack at it away myself then!", he nervously chuckled and raised his sword into the air, pulling it back.

It began to glow and with a powerful thrust forwards, he practically ran it through the monster once more, although it didn't make its way back out from behind his head. And with a deep breath, he pulled his hand back alongside the sword, letting go of the monster that tried to swing its tail right into him. He quickly threw his sword to the side though, holding it down with both hands and grinning. Right now, he felt invincible. Holding it into place just reinforced that belief of his too.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3ce67305708de9869a9a2ee0c90e9991.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Ki'Raion! (BD: 10)

Ki'Raion attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

[9] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1270 (+63+16+63) | EN: 87/124 (+1, -10) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 68/82 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 27/850 (-160) | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Utter annoyance crept across Alkor's features as Chase and Ki'Raion virtually ignored his existence entirely. He wanted to get a hit in, to do anything relevant, to feel like he wasnt just dead weight. But Chase didn't need him at all. He'd called the stronger Player for both insurance and as a metric for his own growth, but it only made him realize how far behind he kept falling.

So, when the other man essentially went full blown bull rider and held onto the lion for dear life, Alkor let out a heaving sigh of frustration and his shoulders sagged. They were moving too fast and too far now for him to get within range of any Sword Art. The beast's health meter had already dropped far too low for any of his efforts to matter.

He wanted to scream. He wanted to stab something, but when he thought about it, the failure to actually stab anything at all circled back around. This was a nightmare, a hellish cycle of anxiety and low self-worth playing on repeat in his ear.

Alkor swallowed the immense, sudden wave of depression and managed to wear a weary smile. At least it was dead. It was going to die. Chase was about to kill the creature, and he had done nothing, but Alkor could at least say that he was there for the show.

As if it brought him any measure of comfort at all.

ID# 171911 Battle: 2

[9] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1270 | EN: 87/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 67/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 27/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2]

Edited by Alkor

Despite all the rush and boost of confidence that Chase was getting, a part of him picked up on the fact that it had been a while since Alkor last got truly involved in the fight. He looked to the side to see a tired smile on his face, frowning himself. What is that idiot doing, just staring and relying on him..? Growling, he felt Ki'Raion's tail try to slam him aside. He persisted though, staying still and starting to growl under his breath.

With a heave and lots of willpower, he began to move towards Alkor, feeling his body start breaking a sweat shortly after what, the third step. He picked up momentum and started dragging it behind him, practically throwing it right towards the darker haired partner he had brought along. "Kill it dead before it gets you, Alk!", he shouted along with the throw, practically slumping over his knees with his arms hanging. His body felt sore- no way in hell he could do that a second time.

Spoiler

image.png.60e31856e21bc08bcfcb178a39e2146e.png

ChaseR... does nothing? (BD: -)

Ki'Raion attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

[9] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1270 | EN: 88/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 67/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 27/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [-/2]

Edited by ChaseR

"Wh-what the...!?"

Alkor dove out of the way as the Lion flew toward his face, completely taken off his guard. The sentiment felt almost like pity, but also like some kind of cruel joke that the older man just hadn't been ready for. Was this some kind of thing the kids were doing these days? Like Cow Tipping? Or dabbing? Alkor blinked rapidly as he tried to compose himself, but the next words out of his mouth were "Are you insane!? I haven't been able to get a clean hit this entire time, what makes you think I'm ready for you to pitch it to me like I'm some kind of pinch hitter!?"

As intense as his words were, it had nearly dispelled the somber state Alkor had fallen into. It stung even more that he wasn't able to hit the creature before it clambered back to its paws, disoriented, but far more angry than ever before. "Holy crap, it's gonna kill us," he said breathlessly, "Nope, nope, nope, not going to let myself think that way..."

He called back over to Chase. "Give me one last shot. I won't fuck it up again."

ID# 171975 Battle: 2 (Fucking end me)

[9] ChaseR: HP: 1070/1270 | EN: 88/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 66/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Edited by Alkor

Seeing him miss and hearing the response he got was... discouraging. Was that all he could do now, moan and cry instead of continue to blight everything in sight? With a deep breath, Chase thought to push himself to the limits- mentally at least. His body didn't feel tired, but he knew he was overdoing it for himself. He quickly took off, starting to shout as he saw the beast charging back at him. It brought a claw down onto him, hurting him badly as he groaned and gripped its paw with both hands.

Fuck, this was heavier than anything else he'd seen in Aincrad. But hearing Alkor's final words, he grinned and looked to the side with the same adrenaline pumped, wild stare. "G-Go get'em!", he almost barked out his request and placed all of his strength in his legs, almost kicking off the ground to push Ki'Raion back- no good though. He remained in a wrestling match with the beast, keeping it in place as best as he could without use of his swords or any other skills.

Spoiler

image.png.28a9306ab2e95791ad565c86fb550c4d.png

ChaseR continues to do nothing! (BD: -)

175 + 1 - 43 = 176 - 43 = 133

[9] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1270 (+63, -133) | EN: 89/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 66/82 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 27/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [1/2]

Edited by ChaseR

This time, it was different.

Instead of saying anything, he ran toward the monster with conviction outweighing annoyance. It ignored him, but the way it ignored him only drove him further toward rage. It callously stepped out of the way of attacks that came close, and when Alkor got back up to try again, it swept its tail toward him dismissively. He wasn't crying, he wasn't making excuses- the difference between them now was evident, if not to Chase, then absolutely to Alkor.

(Actually its the dice, but this is better for story.)

It meant he needed to keep moving forward. He needed to get stronger and perhaps he needed to train with people closer to his weight class. He didn't learn anything with someone who could literally toss the lion man around pitching to him. He felt like if anything, it was a chance for the Frontliner to show off, and for him to realize how useless he was.

And Chase probably did see him as useless now. Not like before, where he could actually contribute something. Even if it was just his sword's...

That's it.

"Come on," he said to himself as he slammed his fists into his thighs. "We just have to hit it one time. Pick. It. Up."

ID# 171980 Battle: 3 (ha ha)

[9] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1270 | EN: 89/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 65/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 27/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [1/2]

Edited by Alkor

Even if Alkor kept on stalling, Chase's energy was definitely on a timer. He tried to hold onto his consciousness for all he could, but the migraine was starting to get to him. As invincible as he felt a while ago, he was starting to feel his stamina worn down by the minute. Before he could tell Alkor anything more, the lion's mane began to glow, gathering all the sunlight nearby and before long had passed, a beam of light shone down right from its mane onto the shorter man's form, with another explosion following.

By the time that the smoke had dispersed, he was still standing, although it seemed just barely. He felt weak, all smudged up with smoke and dirt. Despite the exhibition of power this might have looked like to Alkor, Chase was in much more of a pickle than he let out. "Get it good damn it..!", he grumbled and threw himself at Ki'Raion again, groaning. His grip was weak, but if only he could hold it in place just for a moment more...

Spoiler

image.png.8f6ac9fe4d5b089cd7753600bdf09a6b.png

ChaseR struggles to keep doing nothing. (BD: -)

175 + 1 + 150 [Photosynthesize] - 43 = 326 - 43 = 283

[9] ChaseR: HP: 796/1270 (+63 +16 -283) | EN: 90/124 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[2] Alkor: HP: 840/840 | EN: 65/82 (-2) | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 48 | BLI: 24

Ki'Raion: HP: 27/850 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | Photosynthesize [2/2]

Edited by ChaseR