[PP|F2] <<Return of the Queen>> Back to the Basics

<<Return of the Queen>>

It had been a fair while since Chase had come over to the second floor for his own business. It was merely weeks ago that he was still around level ten, heading over to help some NPC mother find her child lost in a cave somewhere near Urbus. And now, returning, she seemed to still ask the same of the next players that came in, who similarly rushed to her daughter's aid. It felt almost nostalgic, bar the fact that it hadn't been long enough for him to miss this any. If anything, Chase was happy that so much time had passed- or so little. He'd made grand advancements that only allowed him to tank more and protect others much better.

And now, he was back at it again to fight the Bee Queen. The very same one that he and Shay cut down in two attacks, except she was stronger. Not like that would prevent him. He'd far outscaled the quest itself, so this would be no biggie even given his new weapon being tested out. "It should be in the same spot as before, except the minions are meant to be stronger too. Not just the boss.", he rounded up his own thoughts and finally stepped off the teleporter, letting out a heavy sigh.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 70
HP: 1430/1430
EN: 140/140

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:71
VAMP DEF:71
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Charge [Rank 5]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

ChaseR: HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 140/140 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Going back to fight a mutated boss could be a good or bad thing. As far as Val was concerned it was a very bad thing. He had just overcome the boss by combining his efforts with Grimm. Now he had rushed here to fight it again. This time Grimm was not coming along as he had his own affairs to attend to.  Not that Val wanted to spend all his time with a guy that was just so cute.

Val was crouched on the ground looking at the giant wasps in the distance. He did not want to fight them yet as he was alone and judging by their flight speed strong. It would be a suicide attempt for him to fight without at least one other person in the party. Even if he came fully prepared for battle. Val opened up his HUD and sent out a message for people in the region looking for a temporary party. That way he would not have to fight alone. Overestimating one's own abilities is how many people had their HP hit zero.

Spoiler

Name: Valentine

• Level: 17
  • HP: 340/340
  • EN: 34/34

Stats:

• Damage: 10
  • ACC:3
  • EVV:2
  • MIT:5

Equipped Gear:

• Weapon: <<Dastardly Poker>> ( +3 DMG/2HAS)
  • Armor: <<Cloudskin>> ( +2 EV, +1 Regen/Light Armor)
  • Trinket: <Eye of Horus>> ( +3 ACC/Pin)

Items on hand:

• Damage Potion +3 (ID:164223-1)
  • Debuff Crystal- Hypnosis (II), Lullaby (I), Multi-Masterpiece (ID:173285)

Skills:

• 2 Handed Assault Spear [Rank 4]
  • Light Armor [Rank 1]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Orvilla wasn't sure why she was even attempting this quest, it was borderline suicide for a player of her level to fight such strong enemies, but it would certainly help her level, after all, she couldn't make it to the frontlines just by doing gather quests. Looking out at the insects Orvilla paced anxiously biting at her fingernails trying her best to fight the urge to run "This is such a stupid idea, I'll be like a puppy in a lion's den in there, except there is no chance that those bugs are gonna think I'm cute and raise me as their own like some cute online video!" She kept ranting to herself anxiously, it was the only thing keeping her from actually going down there to face the creatures.

Looking around her immediate area she searched for players that could help her, it wouldn't be bad to ask a higher level to help, they could one-shot creatures like this, or at least she hoped that would be the case.

Spoiler

Orvilla | HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2  | DMG: 4 | REGEN: 1

Quickly making his way over to the forest, a regional party invite came to him, by some... Val? Wh- Normally he'd turn it down, but seeing as this was the second, there were bound to be some players that thought this stage was for the earlier stages of the game. And he was right, two players were crawling around just like that, one of which seemed to be the Val guy that'd sent the party invite. He quickly slid one finger over to accept it, sending the only other nearby player one too- Orvilla, was it?

1189114303_ChaseDBPGlare.png.3000bbbad70d89cc2d85f4ad2e6931da.pngHe took a deep breath and walked up to Orvilla, picking her up by the collar and placing her behind him. He had no clue of their levels, but both seemed way too wary and lost for their own good. That couldn't be good. "Don't creep around these parts- this quest is high. What level are-", he abruptly began bombarding her with questions before realising that the wasps were trying to charge right at Val. That... was not good. With a deep breath and loud shout, Chase seemed to quickly get their attention, and they were soon trying to run him through with their stingers. At least Valentine was safe now. With one of the bees running its stinger through Chase's palm, he held tightly onto it to keep it still while simply sidestepping away from the rest that were more focused on surrounding him. "Valentine, get behind me next to the girl. You two should know better than to just try quests without reading the details.", he scolded and groaned, pushing the wasp back to the rest of the group and letting out a sigh.

Spoiler

image.png.655bb2548f7297e6ca833fbd5346af0d.png

ChaseR uses Howl!

Bee Minions 1, 2, 3 & 4 attack ChaseR! (MD: 10, 6-3=3, 1, 5-3=2)
125 + 2 - 43 = 84 [1]
ATTACK MISSED [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
ATTACK MISSED [4]

ChaseR: HP: 1346/1430 (-84) | EN: 132/140 (-8) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: 
HP: 340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1
Orvilla: HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 4 | REG: 1

[3/0/0] Bee Minion 1: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 2: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 3: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 4: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Edited by ChaseR
  • 2 weeks later...

Val saw the new wasps and flipped backwards. It was a good thing his armor was light. While real life athletic ability was limited by the system. He was still able to pull of a flip to place himself behind ChaseR. His heart was pounding when he landed, after calming it down he was able to respond. "Sure thing. I can work rear support. Orvilla and I can watch your six." It was all Val needed to say.

It was a good thing that under normal circumstances he kept a pretty straight forward face. As the young master of a business empire, and a habit of taking the lead in everything he does. Val was not used to be told what to do. Even when he was with other new people he was used to being the one in charge. If it was not for the fact that Val understood the chain of command he would have used unpleasant words. Val took a deep breath to calm himself down. The man made a decent point. It would not be useful if he was a hinderance to everyone. 

Orvilla wasn't happy about Chase picking her up like that but quickly dropped it, pulling out her sword and readying herself to avoid any incoming attacks from the wasps, unfortunately for her one smack from these things could mean game over forever. Dodging at extreme speeds was her speciality being so small meant that attacks would often miss her just by happenstance. "Got it! I'll keep my eye out for any more wasps that may try anything stupid!" Speeding over to Val she quickly guarded along with him allowing Chase to take on the bulk of the wasp 

"Nice to meet you by the way names-" Orvilla was quickly cut off by one of the wasps trying to land a hit causing her to roll out of the way. Why was it then whenever she had to fight mobs it was the ones that could send her to the grave with a single hit, breathing heavily she kept her vision strong watching for more incoming attacks.

With a nod as the short term team's plan was formed, Chase turned back to the wasps and took a deep breath. Before he'd even exhaled, his wounds were fully healed and his health back to full. He tightened his grip on the sword and launched himself forward, swinging his broken sword sideways.

2046486687_ChaseDBPDefault.png.43bda587c187797ae2fc0283d2357ed4.png"When I said get behind me, I meant that to force wasps to get past me to attack you. Don't risk it, you'll die if you get hit.", he grunted and sent three of the wasps flying, barely missing the last one. That was until he moved his left hand to jab it just above its stinger, getting a hellish screech out of it and shivering as he jumped back to the group and let out a disgusted groan. "... How do you pronounce the name even, uh... Oarvile?", Chase tried and failed to do anything but probably relieve all the tension created by the monsters' numbers, who were all now in a daze from his previous attack, trying to get back in the air and off the ground.

Spoiler

image.png.6f8c729dee8a70048fddc86ca5a4443c.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Bee Minions 1, 2, 3 & 4! (BD: 8+3=10, 3+3=6, 7+3=10, 3+3=6)
20 * 12 - 25 = 240 - 25 = 215 [1]
20 * 12 - 25 = 240 - 25 = 215 [2]
20 * 12 - 25 = 240 - 25 = 215 [3]
20 * 12 - 25 = 240 - 25 = 215 [4]

Bee Minions 1, 2, 3 & 4 attack ChaseR! (MD: 6-3=3, 2-3=1, 7-3=4, 8-3=5)
ATTACK MISSED [1]
ATTACK MISSED [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
ATTACK MISSED [4]

ChaseR: HP: 1430/1430 (+71 +16) | EN: 117/140 (+1, -16) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: 
HP: 340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1
Orvilla: HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 4 | REG: 1

[5/0/0] Bee Minion 1: HP: 35/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[5/0/0] Bee Minion 2: HP: 35/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[5/0/0] Bee Minion 3: HP: 35/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[5/0/0] Bee Minion 4: HP: 35/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Edited by ChaseR

"My name is Valentine. No last name as of being locked in Aincrad." Val was able to give the two a quick assessment while speaking. Orville looked wet behind the ears his gear did not look standard so Val believed him to be at a lower level. He could only hope that the person had survived the floor 1 secret bosses. The boars had a tendency of wiping out the weaker players easily.

As for ChaseR, Val did not mentally comment on it. The man was super strong which was not surprising of a guild sempai. After ChaseR knocked the Bee Minions down it took them a moment to get back up. When they started to twitch Val stepped up placing his spear behind his back in a perpendicular way. He spun around on his heels and released a <<Trip Expand>> sword art. Knocking into all the bee minions and bottoming out their health.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
176600 3 9 2 10 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Trip Expand>> on Bee Minion 4 2020-11-02 06:37:09
176599 6 7 1 7 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Trip Expand>> on Bee Minion 3 2020-11-02 06:36:45
176598 5 8 14 5 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Trip Expand>> on Bee Minion 2 2020-11-02 06:36:27
176597 3 6 7 7 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Trip Expand>> on Bee Minion 1 2020-11-02 06:35:54

Valentine uses Trip Expand on Bee Minions 1, 2, 3 & 4! (BD: 3+3=6, 5+3=8, 6+3=9, 3+3=6)
6 * 10 - 25 = 60 - 25 = 35 [1]
6 * 10 - 25 = 60 - 25 = 35 [2]
6 * 10 - 25 = 60 - 25 = 35 [3]
6 * 10 - 25 = 60 - 25 = 35 [4]

ChaseR: HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 117/140 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 20/34 (-14 EN)| DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[5/0/0] Bee Minion 1: HP: 0/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[5/0/0] Bee Minion 2: HP: 0/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[5/0/0] Bee Minion 3: HP: 0/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[5/0/0] Bee Minion 4: HP: 0/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Minions 1-4 have died.

Edited by Valentine

"It's Or-Vil-A, how hard is it to pronounce my name right?!" It was true Orvilla was way to low level to even consider doing this quest, though it was not her first fight these enemies were way above her weight class, hoping back allowing Valentine to land the final blow she watched as the bee minions burst apart letting out a horrid screech, their internal fluids bursting out before they quickly turned to dust and became little more than XP and loot for the party to collect.

"I was not prepared to fight these guys at all, maybe I should go and let you guys handle it." Orvilla laughed nervously as she was completely ready to leave this quest behind opting for a less deadly quest instead. Turning away from the battlefield she could easily abandon the party and run, but it was against her nature to do so even if she couldn't help it felt wrong abandoning these guys.

This group was certainly one of the most odd looking bunches that Chase could get gathered- if any at all. He was horrible with getting people together, but to get everybody together 'naturally' like this... For the love of god. Ah, and now that everybody had introduced themselves, it was only proper to do the same.

1634190363_ChaseDBPGuiltySilent.png.b774645fadd38c481d343086d9616256.png"Right, Orvilla, got it! I'm horrible with pronouncing anything. Uuh... Just call me Chase.", he nodded off and let out a deep sigh, only to get surprised when he noticed that Valentine managed to not only dent the bees, but completely shatter them. That was more than just a pleasant change of pace- wow. "One last bee. Then there's the queen and three more. Orvilla, stay nearby. Since you're already over, I'll keep you safe and you can hog free SP. Just don't go out doing dumb quests like that.", he grumbled with a bit of worry in his voice, which was rather uncharacteristic for Chase even. Then again, he really didn't want anybody to die here, PKer or not, so it made sense. "Val, kill this one off. It's low.", he casually commanded and prepared his next attack, taking a deep breath and looking ahead, behind the creature.

Spoiler

image.png.d453d976ff81b27e1a59b0b7843d9603.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Bee Minion 5! (BD: 4+3=7)
20 * 13 - 25 = 260 - 25 = 235

Bee Minion 5 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5-3=2)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 108/140 (+1, -10) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 20/34 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[2/0/0] Bee Minion 5: HP: 15/250 (-235) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Edited by ChaseR

Valentine could not help but wonder if ChaseR was one of those tsundere's he heard about. His array of people experience made did not include having people give him commands so often. When he thought about it ChaseR did not say anything Val could not understand. So he figured it was just his natural disposition that had him appear cold. He held back the reply of saying yes Tsun-Senpai when asked to take out the last bee minion.

A quick dash was made as Valentine executed his Spear Art <<Mighty Charge>>. Val's spear tip lodged itself into the bee as if hovered in the air. It took Val a second to complete the action as his spear was moved upwards over his head, before it was slammed into the ground behind him in  a half moon motion. The last dredges of the bees health disappeared before it shattered into pieces. "That was the last of them. You could make use of this." Val reached into his bag and handed a music crystal to Orvilla. "When the big boss gets here you can use that while me and Chase fight it. You can play support." Val was excited as it would be the first time he got to view one of his musical crystals in a boss battle.

Spoiler

176716 8 9 16 9 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Mighty Charge>> on bee minion 5 2020-11-04 12:02:31

Valentine used Mighty Charge on Bee Minion 5! (BD: 8+3=11)
10 * 4 - 25 = 40 - 25 = 15 DMG (It dies)

ChaseR: HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 108/140 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 17/34 (+1 EN, -4 EN)| DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[2/0/0] Bee Minion 5: HP: 15/250 (-15) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Handed Debuff Crystal- Hypnosis (II), Lullaby (I), Multi-Masterpiece (ID:173285) to Orvilla.

Edited by Valentine

"Huh? Oh 'er, how do I use this?" Orvilla shook the crystal in her hand investigating it, which yes was embarrassing to show how little knowledge she had of the game she was trapped in. Shrugging she popped it into her inventory for safekeeping while they headed deeper towards the boss "So exactly how much SP does this queeny drop?" As she spoke Orvilla began to tie her hair back shaping it into what looked like a braid, though with a clear noose shape at the end, "Cause I'm ready to fight some Bee booty!" 

Amping herself up Orvilla was ready to rush in and attack though she didn't as she was only supporting in this time, she thought that maybe amping herself up would have the same effect on the others, smiling brightly though it wasn't very apparent under her large mask. "I'll try my best even if I'm at such a low level."

Spoiler

With the odd duo following right up behind, it wasn't even enough steps before they had made their way over to the queen and her minions. With the large bees staring them down, Chase groaned and looked back at the two before scratching the back of his head.

1137331392_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.f471aa19cbd724615c749ac832307aae.png"Hold it up and think that you want to use the item. I can't explain. SP, it'll give... a good few levels for you. Don't attack any monsters I miss or you'll die. Keep an eye out and stay behind me.", he instructed the two in a bombardment of information and orders mixed with one another, jumping right at the monsters and waving his sword to the side with a swift slash. However, somewhere in between his attack, a bright white flash blinded everyone and when it was gone, so was one of the monsters with a blip to accompany its departure from the field. One seemed to be wounded enough to die, and so Chase set his eyes on it. "Val, finish it off."

Spoiler

image.png.2722142c006c03cabea508f44fbed6b8.png

image.png.647d73aa3e36d86b0a91db73af6274eb.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on The Queen, Bee Minion 6, 7 & 8! (BD: 1, 10, 4+3=7, 2+3=5)
ATTACK MISSED [Queen]
(20 + 12 + 2) * 12 - 25 = 34 * 12 - 25 = 408 - 25 = 383 + PARALYZE [6]
20 * 12 - 25 = 240 - 25 = 215 [7]
ATTACK MISSED [8]

The Queen, Bee Minion 7 & 8 attack ChaseR! (MD: 10, 5-3=2, 10)
202 - 43 = 159 + PARALYZE + BLEED [T2] [Queen]
ATTACK MISSED [7]
125 - 43 = 82 [8]

ChaseR: HP: 1165/1430 (-241 - 24) | EN: 96/140 (+1, -13) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZE | BLEED (1/2) [24]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 17/34 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[1/0/0] The Queen: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | BLOODCLOT | PARA. IMMUNE | MATRIARCH'S STING
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 6: HP: 0/250 (-383) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[2/0/0] Bee Minion 7: HP: 35/250 (-215) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[1/0/0] Bee Minion 8: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

* Matriarch’s Sting: On a CD of 6+, The Queen comes and sting’s the player with the most hate, causing Paralysis and 24 Bleed Damage for two turns

Edited by ChaseR

The bees were dropping like flies. Getting used to working with Chase was not bad. He was rough around the edges like sandpaper on a butthole. After you got used to the initial chaffing things just feel into place. The queen bee was overly large and looked like a menace. Valentine activated <<trip expand>> he believed he got a great hit in on the queen bee. Imagine his surprise when the hit was pretty negligible in terms of damage. The queen bee turned to glare at him. Valentine did not stop what he was doing as the injured bee was killed, and the other bee missed as Val dived to get by Chase.

"I believe I got the overgrown bugs attention. You can very well take over for here right? I am running low on energy. At the most I can do some damage to the other minion. I doubt I could take it out. I thought you were going to use that crystal earlier. Just hang on to it for now Orvilla. It would be a waste to use it without all the bees present."

Spoiler

176958 2 10 8 7 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Trip Expand < Bee Minion 8 2020-11-05 08:21:16
176957 3 9 6 9 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Trip Expand> Bee Minion 7 2020-11-05 08:20:51
176956 10 8 20 10 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Trip Expand > The Queen 2020-11-05 08:20:09

Valentine used Trip Expand on The Queen, Bee Minion 7 & 8! (BD: 10, 3+3=6, 2+3=5)
(10 + 2) * 6 - 75 = 1 [Queen]
10 * 6 - 25 = 60 - 25 = 35 [7]
ATTACK MISSED [8]

ChaseR: HP: 1348/1430 | EN: 96/140 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 8/34 (+ 1 EN, -10 EN)| DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[1/2/0] The Queen: HP: 499/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | BLOODCLOT | PARA. IMMUNE | MATRIARCH'S STING
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 6: HP: 0/250 (-383) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[2/0/0] Bee Minion 7: HP: 0/250 (-35) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25
[1/0/0] Bee Minion 8: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Edited by Valentine

"Gimme the word and I'll active the crystal" Orvilla shouted from the sidelines, she had accepted her role as a support for now, as much as she hated it. Looking up at the queen bee filled her with a sense of dread that this really wasn't a game anymore, that for all intents and purposes that huge bug was the very thing that could end her life if she wasn't careful to avoid it. Heading around the arena she watched carefully as Val and Chase fought the bees. 

"Those two are strange but they fight really well together" Thinking to herself neglected to keep out her own guard jumping in fear as one of the bee minions flew past her, though it didn't throw an attack luckily. "How's it going, guys? These bees are starting to get agitated I think." The queen was the main threat to all of them especially after the complete lack of damage Val did to it.

Spoiler

Edited by Orvilla

Chase gave a nod to Val and turned to look over at Orvilla, trying to give her a reassuring smile before he took a battle ready stance. And with a kick, he launched from the ground right towards the monsters. Before long, it felt like he was dashing right into the minion's stinger, his eyes widening. His body was completely frozen, and he just happened to notice a massive gash on his right arm.

1897354276_ChaseDBPSurprised.png.94e941dc708b119f44d128cb07726313.png"F-Fuck, it hit me before when I failed to connect..?!", he groaned and tried to get up, noticing the minion flying over his head and trying to ram the stinger right on his back. In what felt like a way too close call, Chase managed to snap out of it and rolled to the side, barely dodging. He quickly jumped back on his feet and swatted the queen away, feeling beads of sweat having formed all over his face. "Nobody is hurt, right?", he asked, all too worried. To think that the boss could sneak an attack without him noticing... His HP was shifted too. He was glad this was the only monster like this he'd encountered so far.

Spoiler

image.png.dc69b008152b1ea9b0a83aea7efecc2a.png

image.png.bab99e47f82a94ba909a8b4467af20db.png

The Queen attacks Valentine! (MD: 4-2=2)
ATTACK MISSED

Bee Minion 8 attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7-3=4)
ATTACK MISSED

ChaseR: HP: 1228/1430 (+71 +16, -24) | EN: 97/140 (+1) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2] | BLEED (2/2) [24]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 8/34 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[1/2/0] The Queen: HP: 499/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | BLOODCLOT | PARA. IMMUNE | MATRIARCH'S STING
[1/0/0] Bee Minion 8: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

* Matriarch’s Sting: On a CD of 6+, The Queen comes and sting’s the player with the most hate, causing Paralysis and 24 Bleed Damage for two turns.

Edited by ChaseR
Disregard my attacks. I was paralyzed this turn. I kept them however due to the bee minion damage roll being present.

Maintaining the high damage output was always a weakness of two handed assault spears. They were fine for a moment but prolonged battles made their crazy energy usage apparent. His spear arts could only do so much damage against the rigid exoskeletons of the bees. The damage against the queen bee was enough of an indicator. Just because he killed the minions did not indicate he was strong. Every minion he killed was already heavily injured.

"I am going to have to sit out for a moment. My energy levels are dropping too low for me to do something major. My basic attacks will be the equivalent of a tickle." He kept his guard and spear raised. He may have been resting but you could never completely rest on the battlefield. A moment of inattention could lead to his death faster than a woman refusing to pray during the Salem witch trials.

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1228/1430 | EN: 97/140 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2] | BLEED (2/2) [24]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 9/34 (+1) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[1/2/0] The Queen: HP: 499/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | BLOODCLOT | PARA. IMMUNE | MATRIARCH'S STING
[1/0/0] Bee Minion 8: HP: 250/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Orvilla held the crystal in her hands looking nervously out at the field, it wasn't looking good for them. Val wasn't able to attack and Chase was risking more than he probably should have, but what could she do her weapons wouldn't even scratch the queen or hell even the minions. All she could do was watch helplessly from the sidelines "Be careful Chase! No need to take unnecessary risks, if you go down we're all kinda fucked!" Her encouraging words weren't so encouraging but she was trying as much as she could in her current condition.

Heading over the Val, Orvilla guarded him as he rested, she couldn't do damage but she could at least try and defend him from taking any fatal attacks. "How long until you can attack again?" She asked nervously, though admittedly trying to act a little cool in front of the other player by forcing a smile.

Spoiler

Orvilla | Lv: 4 | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8 | DMG: 4 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Orvilla

Although Valentine wasn't anywhere near as useless as he seemed to think he is, the issue was that the queen was still standing in the end. Listening to Orvilla's words, he almost looked over his shoulder before realising the bee was running right at the spear user again. With a glare in the eyes, he grit his teeth and ran to his blade before throwing it right at the oversized wasp, lodging it into her stinger.

1584561692_ChaseDBPGlare(Old).png.fe6dfdd14207603f9d655d845c4ef3a8.png"I'm not taking any unnecessary risks, my job is to keep you two alive!", he shouted at the masked girl and dodged the Queen's efforts to paralyze him again by sidestepping while he was making his way over to her, inhaling and closing his eyes. By the time he opened them again, he'd just pulled his blade out of her stinger and turned to the other bee minion, ducking to avoid its attack and cutting it from right under before making his way over to the other two. By now, both bees seemed livid at him and not Valentine or Orvilla- that was good. That meant the others were safe now. "Valentine, don't go attacking everything when I don't tell you to. If she'd stung you, you'd have risked your life cause you didn't follow instructions."

Spoiler

image.png.cfaa0475966fe52fe0af72dc345722c2.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on The Queen and Bee Minion 8! (BD: 7+3=10, 8+3=10)
20 * 12 - 75 = 240 - 75 = 165 [Queen]
20 * 12 - 25 = 240 - 25 = 215 [8]

The Queen and Bee Minion 8 attack ChaseR! (MD: 3-3=1, 2-3=1)
ATTACK MISSED [Queen]
ATTACK MISSED [8]

ChaseR: HP: 1299/1430 (+71) | EN: 85/140 (+1, -13) | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 9/34 (+1) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[3/2/0] The Queen: HP: 334/500 (-165) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | BLOODCLOT | PARA. IMMUNE | MATRIARCH'S STING
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 8: HP: 35/250 (-215) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

* Matriarch’s Sting: On a CD of 6+, The Queen comes and sting’s the player with the most hate, causing Paralysis and 24 Bleed Damage for two turns.

Edited by ChaseR

"I can be ready to attack in a moment. My energy recovery is not the worse." Valentine felt a warm current touch his heart. Sure, Orvilla seemed as weak as an argument from a pedo. It was just Valentine could not help but to admire their courage. The courage to fight on even in case of a loosing a battle was a rarely seen trait. He could feel his opinion of them rise by leaps and bounds.

When it came to be lightly scolded by Chase this time, Valentine did not feel any indignation. Val understood the fact that he was in the wrong. A misstep and Val would have found himself in a permanent slumber. SAO could just be that cruel to those that made mistakes. "Ehn. I will attack on your command." It was easier for him to say from the backline as he recovered energy. When his recovery time was over he could go back to bursting damage.

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1299/1430 (+71) | EN: 85/140 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 71 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | V.(DEF): 71 | HBS: 16 | LD: 4 | PARRY [-/2]
Valentine: HP: 340/340 | EN: 10/34 (+1) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

[3/2/0] The Queen: HP: 334/500 (-165) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | BLOODCLOT | PARA. IMMUNE | MATRIARCH'S STING
[3/0/0] Bee Minion 8: HP: 35/250 (-215) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25