[PP-F13] Animosity

He tore through the girl in a way, finding purchase and carving away at her skin. Or had he? Setsuna had finally taken a hit, and that pose some may recognize. Her HP reduces, her feet slide and to a shower of sparks? She exhales softly, her feet move and her blade falls in a wave of silver gleaming from an overhead moon.

Setsuna activates Parry

The secret had been broken, the swordsman had taught her this and finally it was put to some use. The damage she sustains is still quite considerable, but less so by a large margin. She was not left unprepared in the slightest, the consumables and the defensive skill. That same signature blink, watching and waiting. Killing this creature would take time, would take effort and she was practiced. Assassin pulls his focus, and the silver haired child uses that distraction. "A little more." a murmur in the fog as she circled them all. Hidden had made her move, it was sinister.

That clatter of steel

That racking and violence

Pieces of Risque being carved away

A flash of blue light, and with it a sorrow

The Green Gourmet had escaped, and with it the three girls hopes of success at all.

Nothing left to give them and nothing to say, Setsuna eyes Assassin first and the girl was alive. A glance to Hidden who was sucked into her own world, her own torment as that riddling failure tore at her heart. Finally Setsuna would say something as her eyes glossed over them both. "I believe I was wrong, no monster defends another. The mistake has been made in assuming you as such." She ushers closer to Assassin and offers her a healing potion, one procured from her inventory that had collected dust. "Where you have had assistance, Risque will see none of that. He is alone in this world, isolated. He cannot run forever."

• 2 weeks later...

Again and again her blade sank into the skin of Risque, doing virtually nothing if the affects of phase wouldn't proc. Assassin's blood was curdling. Nothing ticked her off more than this person, this monster. She wanted him gone. She wanted him to leave Nee-san alone.

Suddenly, she was grabbed and thrown to the ground by her hair. As strands of her lost locks litter her face, Assassin watches the blade sting her chest slightly with every thrust into her body. There's no pain when even on the verge of dying. Curling in her vulnerable state, the orphan wants to reach and nail his foot to the ground. If it weren't for the fact that her arm was still re-digitizing into existence, she would have. Though, soon, the blue blur that had found them as allies was healing her again. How much hit points has she melted through in this fight?

A moment of silence ensued as she sulked in her defeat. It had been a three on one fight, how had they managed to let him get away? He had been strong, but his confidence had become his undoing. She opened her eyes, looking down at her hands. One still clutched the recording crystal that Setsuna had given her. Hidden sighed, standing. She barely was taller than Setsuna, but her eyes cast down at the child as she handed her the crystal. "Thanks I guess for the assist..." Her voice trailed off in the end. Her eyes fell away from Setsuna. She was uneasy in endangering Setsuna. Her promise could have easily been broken. She moved over to Ayame who was simply laying on the ground. Hoisting the girl on to her back, she heard Setsuna's voice again. 

"I believe I was wrong, no monster defends another. The mistake has been made in assuming you as such."

A small rise of fury lit her eyes, but she did nothing. A cool breath escaped her lungs before she told the girl the words she needed to hear most. "An orange cursor isn't the mark of a killer. Sometimes its the sign someone has made a mistake and hasn't found the heart to return it to green. Maybe it was to protect another. Besides, there are plenty of rotten green players." She moved to the entrance of the ruined building. Something remained unanswered but this wasn't the time. 

"You see me all the time, now look at the meteor shower."

"I've got questions as to why you know so much about me and how you just happened to be here. Now is not the time for it though. Stay out of trouble or I might have to get involved and I'm busy enough as it is." With those words, she walked away and carried Ayame away from the place that had hurt her. This was something she wouldn't let happen again. 

A slide of her blade away, as Hidden would begin to beat a trail from this place. The lingering fog continued to obscure the night sky, and with it came the same obscurity on Setsuna's motives. What the woman had said stuck with her, but she was unconvinced. She was charged with following her actions, and seeing to it that whoever opponent was after her life would pay dearly. Setsuna was aware of the little agreement between her and Raidou, albeit loosely. But without Hidden being aware that very agreement went two ways. Her masters had charged her with this, but both for different reasons. It made her choice easy.

Perhaps an orange cursor didn't define a monster, but monsters were usually wearing such a thing. It was an easy definition to follow, let god sort out the rest. A leap toward the surrounding treeline sees her into the branches. Sliding down and keeping her perch. A menu opened and a message triggered: Hidden is on the move, there was some girl she had to free. The target is on the move as well, he should be headed your way. He escaped us, but he is weakened. I sure hope you know what your doing.

A flash of light emitted from the teleport gate as he stumbled into the twenty-first floor. Risque took a moment before resuming a gentleman's posture. Things hadn't gone as planned; however, that didn't mean the game was lost. Perhaps this was fate. Hidden wasn't ripe for the picking yet and he had simply been rushing her. As much information as he had purchased over her, it was surprising to have failed. Though, it had become increasingly hard to find the information he wanted on her. It was as if she had vanished from even the shadow world of Aincrad. Info Brokers knew nothing more and with her being unable to be traced it had been hard enough to plan it. 

His eyes traced upwards to his health bar, which had managed to settle just below the halfway point. Without being in combat, his regain had almost seemingly halted. Stepping forward, he would leave the stretches of the mining town, moving deeper into the caves. The twenty-first floor was not well-traveled and was a great hiding spot for him. No doubt, Hidden would try to find him of her own accord. No way she would allow him to run free after what he did. Perhaps this would motivate her to become even stronger. 

OOC: For the duration of this thread, Raidou's name is treated as The Red Wanderer

A twist and a rhythm of footsteps began to play against the walls, Raidou's perceptions were not something easily avoided. He could hear the man from leagues away, setting more than a few plans in motion. He was buffed to the teeth, as if he was to face a raid. The intention? That remained to be seen. As the green haired male would traverse into the chamber, a faint film of red begins to bleed off of him as he jostles the lenses on his brow. The red wanderer had been waiting, for quite some time. He knew this man like the back of his hand. Those networks that he had used had been his downfall.

Information that he had bought, from a boy without a robe or a pair of glasses. A single slip of paper, with information carefully placed upon it with little worth. It was something enough to take, but not enough to cause any issue. It was a trade. Risque had unknowingly purchased information directly from the swordsman, who had played the part of info broker in his past. And in that purchase, tracking begun to work as he wished it to. As the footsteps stop, and Risque looks at the stranger within his threshold, his safe house.

A twist of emboldened red eyes stare back at him, across a table in the darkness. Looming there in silence, with a burning and building thickened red film that billowed and burned across the floor. A pair of reflective lenses shielding his eyes from view. He had but one question he'd need answered, from the Green Gourmet that would not escape him no matter how hard he tried. The red wanderer was sure of it.

RP Consumed (Treated as in Effect):
Accuracy 2 (Food)
Evasion 2 (Food)
Protein 2 (Food)
Damage 3 (Potion)
Overhealth 3 T3 (Potion)
Bane Of Blood: +BH: 15
Terra Firma Scale (+1 Slot Mitigation)
Mitigation 3 T3 (Food/Filled)
Antidote 3 (Potion)
Antioxidant (Food)
Probiotics (Food)
Iron Will (Bloodclot)
Toxic Venom T3 (TXC 24 over 2)
Cerberus Soul (T2/Burn 24 over 2)
Essence of Corruption (T3/Blight 36 over 2)
Venom Vial (Unique/10 over 4)
Snake Venom (Unique/4 over 10)
Tanos Statue: +15 Miti

RP Plot Stats:
The Red Wanderer | HP:1925/1925 | EN:176/176 | DMG:24 | MIT:168 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BRN:24 | TXV VNM:24 | BLGT:36 | ENVM:4 | PSN:10 | BLD IMMUNE | BH:115 | Antidote:3/3 | Probiotics:27 | Antioxidant | Vengeful Riposte {-/3} | Parry {-/2}

RP Battle Ready Inventory:
Incarceration [T1/Perfect/Debuff Song/Instant] Double DoT
Misperception [T1/Perfect/Debuff Song/Instant] -10% Final DMG
Hypnosis 2 [T1/Rare/Debuff Song/Instant] -2 Accuracy
Lullaby 2 [T1/Rare/Debuff Song/Instant] -2 Evasion
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Glowstone]
Eternal Watch - Tenacity [T3/Perfect/Trinket]: Recovery 2, Accuracy 1
HP Recovery 3 [T3/Perfect/Support Song/Instant] +180 HP {5}
Death's Song [T2/Unique/Debuff Song/Instant] HP Recovery Negation, Two Turns {5}

Spoiler

The Red Wanderer
Level: 88
HP: 1790/1790
EN: 176/176

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 4
BH:89

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Weight Limit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector
Survival

Active Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Tracking
Ferocity
Bull Rush
Precision

Inactive Mods:
Focused Howl
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Justified Riposte
Reveal
Stamina

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Glowstone]
Eternal Watch - Tenacity [T3/Perfect/Trinket]: Recovery 2, Accuracy 1
Iron Will (Tierless/Unique/Salve) Bloodclot*1
Incarceration [T1/Perfect/Debuff Song/Instant] Double DoT*1
Hypnosis 2 [T1/Rare/Debuff Song/Instant] -2 Accuracy*3
Lullaby 2 [T1/Rare/Debuff Song/Instant] -2 Evasion*3
Ebon Star - Vanguard Revenant [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 2, Taunt
Terra Firma Scale*1
Darkness Salve*3

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

hazama (blazblue) drawn by yashano_akira | DanbooruThe door to his cabin creaked as he stepped through. A sigh escaped his lips as he felt relieved in his home. He could take a load off and relax...

But something was off. There was a different feel to the air. Instead of its normal humble feel there was a hostility to the air. Danger was brewing. A glint caught his eyes and he turned finding a red-coated player finding comfort at his table. His heart skipped a beat. What was he doing here? Who was he? It didn't matter. 

"Ah hello. I see you've made yourself comfortable. Apologies, but I don't think we have had the pleasure of meeting." He joined the figure at the table, tipping his hat to the man. "You do know that it is rather... Rude... to allow yourself into someone's house? I can't say that I am really in a generous mood right now" 

A yellow eye glared at the wanderer in red. Something spiraled up his leg, his familiar who had become interested in the man and remained poised to snap down the intruder. Soon, the boy would learn what danger he had wandered into. 

A gentle hand to his brow plucks a pair of lenses from his brow, slowly removing them and folding them away. He didn't need his anchor in this moment, for losing himself in the moment was after all the plan. As he does that aura around him, that kindling like smog thickens darker. Twisting into a deep crimson. "What mistake have you made?" The words came out short, and gentle. As if there was no harm to them. The red wanderer was interested in what answer he would give to compliment his freshly acquired orange crystal from striking Setsuna and Assassin.

There was nothing playing no motive, and his black serpent would offer him no respite or safety. The blackened thickness that played out upon the floor was already taken to its poison. There would be no introductions, until it mattered. Juiblex had already set its teeth in, and was already infecting the mans familiar that he was choosing to wear. It would only be a matter of time. The board was set, and the man squared off against a player that knew the state and three steps ahead of where it lay. There would be no escape.

eec3f74d6345616ae6192d9688b60b30.png"What mistake have you made?" Was all the response there was.

A deep breath was exhaled as he instantly became fed up with the man. "The only mistake that's been made... is you walking in here and trying to demanding things from me. I'm really not trying to dirty the house meaning i'm willing to let you leave alive." He felt his serpent go rigid for a moment, something that he hadn't ever witnessed before. Something was happening, though he wasn't worried. The Black Serpent couldn't be killed, only contained. It was able to consume the life directly of any living thing.

"Mistakes, you're funny. Unless you are Hidden's buddy and are trying to protect her or whatnot. Look, I'm not interested in hero types. I'm only interested in those that fight without mercy, prepared to die at any moment." His yellow eyes burst alight in mad delight. "Though perhaps I can allow myself a snack!" He drew his sword, looking at the man hungrily. HIs snake made no attack. Odd. This was the first time the snake had failed to do its job. No matter.

"Partake in this feast as one with me." He whispered, the snake beginning to coil up his body before sinking its fangs into its master's own neck. His veins became a dark green, emitting a pulsating aura. Removing his hat, his eyes became wild and his hair stood straight up. The pulsating aura changed, becoming a black a green vortex around him, the living finding themselves drained just if they stood too close. This was his trump card, something that he hadn't used many times before. However, after not being able to use it against Hidden, he was almost begging for an excuse to use it. 

A cackle before his last words. "Never even stood a chance!" His sword fell onto the head of the man in red. 

4de93c0b0910ae83202ec2f8cbb9cbd8.jpgA sudden backlash sends the damage back toward the man that was foolish enough to make the first move, before his familiar simply shatters and ceases to exist. Juiblex was no living thing, but a poison. A parasite, that thrived on its host. As the attack is rebuked his steel with ease, he drops a large prism to the floor. "Gate - Open." The portal on the far side of the chamber opens, and ripped clean a blade with a scattering of lightning from FTK himself. The blow does an absurd amount of damage and sends them both through the opening as the table is all but destroyed in a scattering. Knocked off his feet, Risque begins to question his surroundings. As Raidou's weapon begins to flicker back away.

"Gate - Close. I am sure you have quite the questions as of now. Where are we? Who are you?" The blackened ink swells around his feet as if a lake of liquid, each step the red wanderer takes leaves a sticky pull behind. Slowly it tethers to him like cables of vines, wrapping itself around him with every step. Lunging forward in another blink of an eye, putting every other speed based fighter to pure shame. The creature he was had every single skill that made him quicker. Planting a sword through Risque's chest, as that blackened ooze began to take hold around his frame in breaking and twisting. "You cannot teleport out of here, its a dungeon. You have been following right in my trap for the last week now. I knew where you were, where you were going to be." The wanderer begins to manifest with a pair of blazing red eyes that were piercing.

As if they could singe your very soul.

"I sent my own weapon to thwart your attempts, I did not foresee you falling to them. But it was necessary to make you lower your guard and return here. Where there would be no one to aid you. Alone." A jerk of that weapon in his ribcage sees a spray of red, as Risque would plead to a familiar that was long since dead. The eater was eaten. A drop of crystals in a spray drain every stat that he had all at once, shattering in pieces and weakening him beyond even the lowest players as his health slowly drained from every effect imaginable, he wasn't immune to them all. Everything was taken but one simple thing, one that he had left to give. The tar like mass begins to take shape on the swordsman's skin, forming veins of the stuff as it began to bleed into his eyes and mouth.

A row of jagged teeth beginning to form around a rather wide grin, as that thick red miasma would start to steal the rest of the world and the light from The green gourmet's very eyes. There would be nothing but that blackened tunnel and him still visible. Raidou. The last thing that he would ever see. The blood curdling snap of his right arm as he tried to raise his weapon. Fury personified in a dark and rough tone, two voices speaking like a man and a monster. "That was all I needed to hear. I am The Red Wanderer. The mistake: That what you have taken, will be taken from you." His jaw forms into a blackened suit, a boss in its own right and when those long daggers formed into a mouth and snapped down. Risque knew what it was like to be helpless and slowly devoured by the beast's maw.

• 6 months later...

Roleplay Complete:

Hidden WC: 6,263
Setsuna WC: 3,169
Assassin WC: 1,484
Raidou WC: 1,084
Total WC: 12000 Words.
Word to Exp Conversion: 400*5=2000
Hidden: 2000*7=14000*1.3 [Tags/Event]=18200 EXP
Setsuna: 2000*6=12000*1.3 [Tags/Event]=15600 EXP
Assassin: 2000*4=8000*1.3 [Tags/Event]=10400 EXP
Raidou: 2000*10=20000*1.3 [Tags/Event]=26000 EXP
12,000/300= 40 Seeds Found

Col:
Hidden: 100+2730 (Laurel)=2830
Setsuna: 100+2340 (Laurel)=2440
Assassin: 100+1560 (Laurel)=1660
Raidou: 100+3900 (Laurel)=4000

That Guy rolls:

Hidden: 

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
199257 5 3 16 8 Hidden http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Tagging that Guy 2021-10-24 14:15:50
199256 9 4 15 6 Hidden http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Tagging that Guy 2021-10-24 14:15:42
199255 4 7 3 6 Hidden http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Tagging that Guy 2021-10-24 14:15:33

0 Tags

Setsuna:
ID:199267 | Battle:1, Craft:9, Loot:9        
ID:199268 | Battle:10, Craft:11, Loot:6        
ID:199269 | Battle:1, Craft:3, Loot:5
2 Tags

10 materials, +10% EXP to the party, 
T4/Unidentified/Perfect Weapon 199268a
T4/Unidentified/Perfect Weapon 199268b
T4/Unidentified/Perfect Weapon 199268c

Assassin:
ID:199270 | Battle:8, Craft:12, Loot:1