[PP-F4] Calling in a Friend <<The Essence of Steel>> [Valentine]

Aquarian sighed softly and looked around the fourth floor. He had been to the northern areas of the world many different times, but it felt a bit different when he was here in the game. The snow felt real, but he knew in his head that it was fake, which gave him a weird jarring sensation. He ignored said sensation and continued to traverse the floor. He had heard about a quest on this floor and decided that he should probably do it in order to better his level. He heard from Valentine and Grimm that they were going to start doing dungeons more often and wanted him to be included. Luckily, Aquan easily found the quest giver easily, but on further inspection, it was obvious he was going to need help. "Hmm, I believe I will need some assistance with this quest." He thought for a moment on who he should ask, but he was already opening his menu to look up Valentine.

Dear Valentine
Hello, would you be willing to accompany me on a quest on Floor Four?

He sent the message and then waited for the man to respond.

Spoiler

Level: 19

• HP: 380
  • EN: 38
  • LD: +4
  • SD: +1
  • Dmg: +1
  • MIT: 5
  • EVA: +1
  • Bleed: 1
  • Paralyze: 1

Utility:

• Searching Rank 1: +1 LD, +1 Stealth Detection
  • Gatherer:
    • CD 1: No bonus materials
    • CD 2-5: 1 bonus material
    • CD 6-9: 2 bonus materials
    • CD 10-12: 3 bonus materials
  • 1 Handed Straight Sword Rank 2: +2 Damage with a 1 Handed Straight Sword
  • Light Armor Rank 1: +5 MIT
  • Items:

• 1 Uncommon Snack: +1 Loot Die
    • 2 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP
    • 5 Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
    • 1 Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
    • 1 Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for remainder of thread)
    • Loot Die +3: 175447
    • Bottled Shadows (Consumable): A vial filled with a black, tar-like substance. When consumed, it causes chills, and often a brain-freeze. Can be used to re-roll a LD of 1 (after the roll is made, in the same post).
  • Weapons/Equip-ables: Italiziced is Equipped

• 1 Rare Tier 1 1HSS: Bleed, Paralyze 
    • 1 Uncommon Tier 1 Light Armor: Evasion
    • Red Omamori | TIER 1 PERFECT TRINKET | LOOT DIE III | ID:17798
    • Tier 1 Leather Armor Uncommon, 9 MIT

Valentine was wrapping it up in the recording studio. He put the freshly made music crystals in his bag. “Sherry should I start making dinner for Grimm or practice my skills.” The innocent looking cobra just flickered her tongue at him. She was content with being indoors. Valentine decided to just cook when he got a mail notification in his HUD.

He perused the mail before making a faint smile. “I have not hung out with Aquan in a bit. I may as well help him as I have the time to. It is not fair that Grimm gets to have all the fun. Right Sherry.” Val told his little snake before the duo set off. It did not take them long since he quest was on the same floor and Val was familiar with the area.

“Hey Aquan! I made it. I am happy to accompany you on a quest! Almost no one knows this floor as well as I do.”

Spoiler

Name: Valentine
Level: 31
HP: 620/620
EN: 62/62

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 2
ACC: 2
REC: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Fury of Sekhmet (Tier 2/Perfect/Curved Weapon)[DMG 3]
Armor: Blood of Sekhmet (Tier 2/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 2][REC 1]
Trinket: Smile of Sekhmet (Tier 2/Perfect/Jewelry)[ACC 2][REC 1]

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Energize
Fishing

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Healer [Rank 1]
Meditation 
Concentration

Mods:
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*1
Debuff Crystal | Rare Masterpiece (Instant) | Lullaby 2 | #184421 ]
Debuff Crystal | Rare Masterpiece (Instant) | Hypnosis 2 | #184422 ]
Debuff Crystal | Perfect | Misperception (after mitigation) of a single enemy by 10% | #184423 ]
Eye of Horus Enamel Pin | Tier 1 Perfect Trinket | ACCURACY III | #145605 ]

Housing Buffs:
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Working: +2 EXP to crafting attempts
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing 

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Valentine: HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

Edited by Valentine

Aquan smiled and turned to face Valentine. "Perfect, thank you for coming to assist me Valentine. I have been hanging out with Grimm and Freyd a decent amount so I thought it was time to check in with you and see how things were going. Shall we start heading towards the quest marker? Or, would you rather wait a moment before we get started?" He looked quizzically at his companion. He thought for a moment about their day, hoping that he would not be taking up too much time from the couple.

"Before I forget to inquire, what have you been up to lately? I have taken a break from crafting to do some quests and general leveling. I am level 19 now, and hopefully this quest will put me to level 20. Also, what all do you know about this floor? I've only been here a few times seeing a friend. But beyond that, not very much." He shrugged and waited for Valentine's response. He also was keeping a look out for the man's familiar.

• 2 weeks later...

Valentine gave Aquan a friendly smile. “I am not in a rush. I have gotten a bit stronger so I can be more self confident. My fighting skills may suck but I am an excellent healer.” Valentine stretched his shoulders and cracked his neck. He considered himself alway ready for battle as a front liner in training.

“Oh….Um. 31...” Valentine said his level with a relatively low volume. It was not like he could hide it from Aquan. As soon as they partied up together the information would become available to him. He felt bad for a moment before thinking it through and adding. “I am only at a higher level than you because I have been going through some gruesome training. You have been busy polishing your skills. At least now a quest here will be fun. Since I live on this floor my information network is the tightest. All the available quests on the floor that I am aware of are five. One is a chain I believe we started but need to continue, two would be impossible for us to do alone. Leaving us with 2 other quests. If my guess is correct. Either of them I am fine with doing.”

"Level 31 still is no laughing manor Valentine. That is a very highly commendable level. I hope you understand that it takes real work to get to that point. And, your combat skills shall be higher than mine. I do not have many combat skills, or looting skills for that matter. I am trading back and forth but in doing so I am not hyper focusing one or the other." He smiled and nodded after he finished his statement. He thought about the other quest that the two of them could do. "Well, for those quests, I don't fully know what I am doing. Are you willing to tell me a bit about the quest we are about to do? Also, I would be interested in hearing about the quest that we are not doing right now." He looked thoughtful at Valentine. He started walking towards the quest marker, hoping to quickly and effectively finish the quest with his companion.

"I have a strange question," he began his sentence as the two of them talked, "Would you happen to know where someone could find an Otter or a Pine Marten? That is what I am looking for in a familiar, when I eventually do get a familiar that is."

Valentine felt his eyebrows scrunch up as he thought. “It depends. A bunch of information can be found on various pets. As anyone who gets one makes a post about it. I think it comes down to the type of animal specifically. If I recall correctly this floor has a type of rare ice otter. Finding it on floor one or another place filled with water would not be odd. The type would make each familiar different no matter the actual species.” As they got further into the cold Val was able to piece together the place they were going to.

“You can take the point on this one. As long as I am here you will not die and I will dash out strikes while I can.” This was the first time Val would be fighting the Frost beast. He just had enough knowledge of his home floor to know how the quest works.

His eyes lit up when Valentine mentioned an ice otter. "An Ice Otter?!? What would it even eat? That is wonderful to hear though, a variety of an already common creature would be so interesting to study. I- Okay I'm done." He blushed softly and smiled. "I appreciate you dealing with my rants about nature topics and, well, anything I do speak to you about. You're a good friend Valenti- Valen." He nods at the ending of his statement.

Aquarian looks at Valentine, a little worried about what he's about to do, and slams the large bone on to the skull. Nothing happens for a moment, relieving Aquan softly. "I suppose we must trek on to find i-" His speaking is cut off as the Frost Giant finally shows its face, making Aquarian take a few steps back and pulling his sword free of its holster. "That... That is one large creature. I wonder what it eats to take car- Okay now is not the time." He shook his head and sighed, ending his comment. "Shall I attack after you? I can not handle more than two strikes from this creature so I am not sure if me attacking first is the best course of action." He sighs softly. "Actually, you are more so a healer, I will go first." He runs forward, making four swings, two vertical and two horizontal. The Frost Giant stumbles back softly, blinking away confusion.

ID: 187340 BD: 8 [4 x 3 = 12 DMG, Stunned]

Aquan | HP: 380 | EN: 31/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |

Frost Giant | HP: 238/250 | DMG: 160 | STUNNED
Ability: [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation

Edited by Aquan

It had been a bit since he last saw Aquan fight. The man improved by leaps and bounds. This time he decided to start off with a stun. It was a nice delay tactic. It gave Valentine enough time to pull out a support crystal. “Sherry” Valentine called out his familiar. She was not happy to be out in the cold. She wrapped around his neck quickly. If she was deadly she would have strangled him.

“Provide Aquan with a little pick me up. He is not pacing properly.” The hyperactive skill hit Aquan at the same time that Valentine used the crystal lullaby crystal. He would slow the beast down to give Aquan an easier time hitting it. “That was a good hit. Remember to pace yourself. I believe between the two of use we can take it down. The aim for it is not the best and the lumbering speed makes it easy to dodge.”

Spoiler

Valentine uses Hyperactive to increase Aquan's EN Regen by 3. (-5 EN for Val)

Valentine uses Debuff Crystal | Rare Masterpiece (Instant) | Lullaby 2 | #184421 ] lowering Frost Giants EVA by 2.

Frost Giant did not attack due to being stunned.

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
187342 4 9 8 4 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png checking to see if recovery proc 2021-03-29 21:41:25

CD: 9 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

Aquan | HP: 380 | EN: 31/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 61/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

Frost Giant | HP: 238/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: 0 | Stunned
Ability: [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation

Edited by Valentine

He nods and listens to what Valentine is saying, Keeping his wits about him as is in the battle with the Frost Giant. "Okay, I shall go for attacks that will be easier with my energy capabilities. I believe I have a cooldown on using Stun anyways so I shall wait for now." He smiles and turns back to the giant. He feels his body getting more ramped up, feeling the energy going through his body. He uses that energy to have himself run fast at the creature.

He pulls his sword out and slashes up at the beast. It seemed to be finally coming out of its stun, but that didn't stop Aquan from throwing some last minute damage at it before it could take any other action towards the two of them. The V mark of slashes appear on the man's body and he quickly runs backwards. He is finally not counting his steps during the combat. "Shall I be the one to continue the combat? I am okay for now in attacking consistently, it will just take a long time for the combat to finally end." He calls back to Valentine during all of it.

Hide contents

ID: 187343 BD: 4 + 2 = 6 [4 x 3 = 12 DMG] [-4 From Move, +4 From Regen]

Aquan | HP: 380 | EN: 32/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 57/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

Frost Giant | HP: 226/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: 0 | [Stun Cooldown: 0/3 Turns]
Ability: [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation

Edited by Aquan

As Aquan was currently able to hold the fort Val figured he would weaken the boss more. He pulled out two more crystals from his bag. He activated them at the same time. One was a hypnosis crystal to lower the aim of the boss. As long as it missed it would lower the pressure on him needing to heal Aquan. The other crystal was an insurance policy in case the frost giant got some punches in. 

“Yep go all out. At this point if we cannot take this down then we were not trying hard enough to win. All you have to do is focus on attacking. I will join you as well. I can provide energy so have fun going all out. You will not get tired. Besides, I do not think my damage output is higher than yours.” Valentine enjoyed watching the boss struggle. Things were going smoothly so far.

Spoiler

Valentine uses Debuff Crystal | Rare Masterpiece (Instant) | Hypnosis 2 | #184422 ] lowering Frost Giants ACC by 2.

Valentine uses Debuff Crystal | Perfect | Misperception (after mitigation) of a single enemy by 10% | #184423 ]

187344 8 3 10 7 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 22:08:53

MD: 7 - 3 = 4 (Miss)

187345 7 7 7 10 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Checking to see if recover proc 2021-03-29 22:10:36

CD: 7 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

Aquan | HP: 380 | EN: 31/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 (+5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 2,0] Frost Giant | HP: 226/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

He nodded a bit more and began striking it with more confidence. Valentine was using a plethora of different items that were only serving to better their odds at defeating the creature. Not to mention he so far was not missing. Each strike he dealt he was getting more and more confident. "Thank you for your assistance today Valen. It is definitely going to be the reason why I defeat this creature. God only know what would have happened if I dealt with this creature all by myself." He sighed and shook his head, not wanting to think those grim thoughts.

He raced forward and got two more slashes in on the giant before backing off, taking a moment to view the health bar. He was unfortunately not making tons of head way. But, in one more strike, it would be at 80% health. "Okay, Hmm, I need to find a way to do more damage, this fight is going to take a while. Hopefully I can activate my bleeding or paralyze affect soon. I believe that would do a lot for the fight."

Spoiler

ID: 187346 BD: 7 [(4x3)+2=14 DMG] [-4 EN from Attack, + 4 From Regen]

Aquan | HP: 380 | EN: 32/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 57/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 2,0] Frost Giant | HP: 212/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: -2 | EVA: -2 | ACC: 0 | Stun Cooldown: 1/3

Edited by Aquan

Valentine believed he debuffed it enough. It was time for him to join in the fight as well. They would take it down quicker if they worked together. It was a while since Valentine used a weapon. The khopesh in his hand lashed out as he released a ferocious rage blow. The frost giant was focused on Aquan and did not bother to dodge.

“Look out!” Valentine did not give a warning in time as a surprise fist hurtled towards Aquan. “If you have a stun use it again. The boss should not have resistance if the timing is right.” If the boss was stunned properly it would give Valentine more than enough time to heal Aquan back up to full health. “If you trust me just keep attacking. I will not let you die. If I cannot heal enough I will switch aggro with you. If need be.” He could only hope Aquan would not lose his cool from the heavy hit.

Spoiler
187347 2 8 11 10 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Rage Blow (checking recovery as well)< Frost Giant 2021-03-29 22:24:29

BD: 2 + 4 = 6 (hit) = 8 * 2 = 16 DMG

CD: 8 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

187348 3 5 5 9 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 22:27:41

MD: 9 = 160 - 5 = 155 DMG - 15 (Misperception) = 140 DMG

Aquan | HP: 240 (-140) | EN: 31/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 (-2 EN +4 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 3,1] Frost Giant | HP: 198/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

Aquarian was definitely not looking out, and it showed by him getting hit by the Frost Giant, Hard. He felt the giant slam him against the floor. A plethora of different curse words went through his head, but the wind was knocked out of him so he didn't use any of them at the moment. He shook his head and slowly stood up. He brushed his coat and pants off, brandishing his sword once again after being struck down. "Okay... I'm okay. I trust you Valen. So far I'm still breathing with your help." He was of course worried about his health, but he knew that he was going to be safe with Valentine with him.

He held his sword up and he ran forward, getting ready to take another strike. He did what he was normally doing. He did two vertical slashes to the creature, leaving red lines that show where he had struck it. He quickly backed up and let the frost giant do some sort of telegraphed action after his strike. "Less than 80% health. This fight will take a while, but I believe it should go well, depending on how many times I'm struck."

Spoiler

ID: 187349 BD: 4 + 2 = 6 [(4 x 3)+2=14 DMG] [-4 EN from attack, +4 from Recovery]

Aquan | HP: 240/360 | EN: 32/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 3,1] Frost Giant | HP: 182/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: -2 | EVA: -2 | ACC: 0 | Stun Cooldown: 2/3

Edited by Aquan

“Sherry” Valentine activated his healing skill in haste. He could not understand what Aquan was trying to do. If the Frost Giant decked him again he would have him pull back for a moment. He could only heal so much for a person with a low health pool. If he could heal himself he would have taken the point instead of letting Aquan do it. Aquan had a rise in his health bar but it was not full.

“After I heal you up. I will provide you with more energy. Don’t be afraid to stun when you can. Even if the damage is low it increases survival odds. They may be low now but they are not zero.” He was trying not to distract Aquan. It was just difficult to multitask. Trying to be supportive and take down the monster was almost like a full job. If Aquan cooked more often the fight could have been even easier.

Spoiler

Valentine uses heal on Aquan +76 to health. (-3 EN to Val)

187350 7 7 10 7 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 22:50:15

MD: 7 -3 = 4 (Miss)

187351 7 10 13 8 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Checking for recovery proc 2021-03-29 22:51:16

CD: 10 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

Aquan | HP: 316/380 (+76) | EN: 31/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 (-3 EN +4 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 4,1] Frost Giant | HP: 186/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

He smiled when Valentine activated his ability for his familiar to help him in healing. He saw his health bar go up, happy that he was able to take another strike easier. He thought for a moment when Valentine mentioned that he should be stunning it. He knew that stunning it would protect him, but at the same time he wanted his paralyze and bleed to activate. It didn't make sense to paralyze and stun in the same attack. "I think I will hold off on Stunning for now. I will hope that my paralyze activates. I know you can keep giving me energy, but I think I will be okay for now." He wanted his plan to work.

He shook off his worry and ran forth towards the Frost Giant. Again, he did a similar attack of striking a V-Shaped red mark on to the giant's body and quickly stepping back. He was already looking nervous again. He was disagreeing with Valentine on what he should do. No, he know what he is doing... Should I just wait? I don't know for sure. It only hit me the one time.

Spoiler

ID: 187352 BD: 7 + 2 = 9 (-4 Attack, + 4 Recovery) [(4x3)+2=14 DMG]

Aquan | HP: 316/380 (+76) | EN: 32/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 5,1] Frost Giant | HP: 172/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: -2 | EVA: -2 | ACC: 0 | 

Edited by Aquan

Valentine noticed the hyperactive skill was back online. Meaning that Aquan’s hyperactive state had ended. Sure enough his energy was dropping when compared to Aquan’s standard level. Valentine decided to take a moment out to restore the hyperactive state. “Do what you feel you must then.” He could not take the time out to chat, as he was worried that distracting Aquan would be dangerous.

As soon as he finished speaking he saw another hit heading towards Aquan. Judging by the angle and speed, Val believed Aquan only had a twenty percent chance of dodging a hit like that. As far as he was aware the Frost Giant did not have a critical strike ability. It may be the only thing that would keep the hit from Killing Aquan so quickly. As long as Aquan was not killed in one strike he could be saved. “If it becomes too much, switch out with me.”

Spoiler

Valentine uses Hyperactive to increase Aquan's EN Regen by 3. (-5 EN for Val)

187353 8 4 12 9 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 23:05:41

MD: 9 = 160 - 5 = 155 DMG - 15 (Misperception) = 140 DMG

187354 4 6 3 10 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png recovery check 2021-03-29 23:07:37

CD: 6 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

Aquan | HP: 176/380 | EN: 28/38 (+1, - 4)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 61/62 (-5 EN +4 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 5,1] Frost Giant | HP: 174/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

He felt the impact of the Frost Giant again. This time he almost felt pain. It was a weird ghost-like sensation that made him realize that he could really die. His health was fairly low and he knew that he couldn't take much more at this rate. However, he still wanted to stick with his plan. He thought that he could be right in this situation even though he might not be. He turned back to Valentine when he mentioned that the two of them could switch out. "I think I have pulled too much aggression from the creature to swap out with you, but I appreciate the thought." He nodded to him and turned back to the giant.

He decided to do the same attack, still biting the bullet when it came to the his attack. He did a similar motion with his sword and made a V cut into the creature's body. He rolled his shoulders and backed up, making some more room. "Thank you for the healing. I do not know much about those support skills so it helps having someone around who does." He smiled at him, a little apologetically.

Spoiler

ID: 187355 BD: 4 + 2 = 6 [(4x3)+2=14 DMG] 

Aquan | HP: 176/380 | EN: 28/38 [-4,+4] | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 61/62 (-5 EN +4 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 5,1] Frost Giant | HP: 154/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: -2 | EVA: -2 | ACC: 0 | 

Edited by Aquan

“There is always a way to take over aggro if it is needed” Valentine stifled the slight worry in his heart as he tried to keep to the task at hand. He provided Aquan with some much needed healing. As he watched Aquan’s health go up from the red he still did not relax. If he allowed himself to relax too much, who knew if an accident could occur.

“Healing is my job. As long as you are focusing on the fight I will focus on keeping you going. It is my job and I am actually pretty proud of it now.” Valentine saw the Frost Giant making another move. “Go back to focusing. The less damage you take the easier it is for me to help out and attack.” He was not giving Aquan criticism just trying to keep him going. Aquan was almost back into the green and Val wanted to keep him there.

Spoiler

187356 9 9 5 6 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 23:16:07

MD: 6 -3 = 3 (Miss)

187357 5 2 14 9 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Recovery check 2021-03-29 23:17:16

CD: 2 (No recovery)

Aquan | HP: 252/380 (+76)| EN: 28/38 (+4, - 4)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | Hyperactive
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 59/62 (-3 EN +1 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 6,1] Frost Giant | HP: 162/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

He nods, happy that there is an easy way for the two of them to trade aggro. He wasn't very scared of dying, but that fear pricking in the back of his neck was still there every single time he looked at that monstrous creature in front of them. "I'll try my best to not get hit. Its accuracy is rather low so it will be difficult for it to hit me luckily. However, as we both have seen, that wont stop it from hitting me in general." He almost laughed, but remained serious. He twisted his arm that had the sword in it, surprised that he had been using his sword for so long.

Rinse and repeat. He struck the creature in a "V" Formation and quickly jumped back, letting the giant react to the damage it just took. He smiled a bit at how much health it had. "60% Health Remaining. We should be able to finish this in... Possibly 2-3 minutes if all goes well and I can keep doing attacks like these." He calls back to Valentine, keeping his eye on the giant.

Spoiler

ID: 187258 BD: 8 (-4. +4) [4x3 = 12 DMG]

Aquan | HP: 252/380 | EN: 28/38 (+4, - 4)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | Hyperactive
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 59/62 (-3 EN +1 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 6,1] Frost Giant | HP: 150/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Aquan

Valentine did not respond as he was using his healing skill for a moment. As soon as Aquan made it back into the green level of heal he relaxed a little. “Your strikes are not bad for a man that predominantly does scouting work. You have improved by leaps and bounds.” Valentine moved to avoid a pillar of falling snow. It was only a bit of a shockwave from the battle. Aquan may have been dodging but snow was still flying.

“We can definitely do it. As your health is back up I can provide you battery support next. When you become fully stable we can Plus Ultra the goon.” Valentine felt so hip using slang. His ability to get along with commoners was really coming along. It was one of those things that changed when he started playing SAO. If it was a good or bad trait overall remains to be seen.

Spoiler

187359 9 9 18 1 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 23:39:48

MD: 1 (Miss)

187360 4 1 15 9 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png recovery check 2021-03-29 23:41:57

CD: 1

Aquan | HP: 328/380 (+76) | EN: 28/38 (+4, - 4)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | Hyperactive
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 57/62 (-3 EN +1 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 7,1] Frost Giant | HP: 150/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine