[PP-F4] Calling in a Friend <<The Essence of Steel>> [Valentine]

He smiled warmly at the praise he received from the man. He knew that he was getting better when it came to leveling and working on his combat ability, but it was still nice to hear all of the things that he was telling him about it all. "Thank you Valen. I really do appreciate it. You, by far, are a big reason why I am where I am right now. You have supported me and worked with me to get me to this level. I'm almost level 20 and I believe you met me when I was level 1. So thank you." He turned to face the man for a moment and nodded with a smile.

He quickly turned back to the Giant at hand, getting ready to do the same attack he had been doing almost the entire time. However, his foot caught a random patch of ice. He felt himself slip and slide against the ground, messing up the execution of the attack. Aquarian quickly scrambled up and put distance between him and the Giant. "Well, I suppose I have a large room to grow."

Spoiler

ID: 187361 BD: 3 + 2 = 5 (Miss)

Aquan | HP: 328/380 (+76) | EN: 30/38 (+4, - 2)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | Hyperactive
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 57/62 (-3 EN +1 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 7,1] Frost Giant | HP: 150/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 
Ability: [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation

Edited by Aquan

“Oh please!” Valentine hit Aquan with an energy gaining skill. “I like to think spotting talent comes down to luck. Spotting talent that is willing to work hard is even more rare.” Valentine ducked under a stray icicle that flew towards him. It would not have killed him but it would have hurt. The worst part is the icicle would have been cold. The floor was already freezing as it was.

“Everyone has room to improve. I still cannot use the full party heal skill. If I could I would be a much better healer.” Valentine was able to talk as Aquan was not as damaged. As long as the frost giant was not focused on him, he was able to gain some breathing room. He was simply trying to keep Aquan energized out of reflex. His own energy levels were easily kept up with his consumption to an extent. It made it easier for him to purely focus on support.

Spoiler

Valentine uses energize restore 8 Energy to Aquan (-10 EN on Val)

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
187362 4 4 15 8 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-29 23:51:48

MD: 8 - 3 = 5 (Miss)

187363 9 10 20 4 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png recovery roll 2021-03-29 23:53:54

CD: 10 (Recovery activate) +4 EN

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 38/38 (+8)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 52/62 (-10 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 8,1] Frost Giant | HP: 150/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 
Ability: [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation

Edited by Valentine

He shook his head. "You are still a really good healer Valentine. You are keeping me up when facing an enemy I should not be fighting. I'm surviving thanks to you. Even though you are in the low 30's when it comes to level. Like you said, there's room to improve. However, that doesn't mean you haven't improved. Don't sell yourself short, your abilities are working with the system well enough to keep me at an adequate level." He smiled and turned back to face the Frost Giant once more, planning on taking an actual shot at it again.

Aquarian readied his attack, making sure that his path was not blocked by pesky ice. He ran forward with his sword, mimicking his common strike of making a V shape red mark on the creature's body. He hoped back quickly and let the creature react in the way that the system did every time it was struck. "Okay, so, I think this fight might take a tad longer than expected."

Spoiler

ID: 187364 BD: 6 {4x3=12 DMG}

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 38/38 (+4,-4)| LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 52/62 (-10 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 9,1] Frost Giant | HP: 138/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Aquan

Valentine was not fully worried as progress was being made in the fight. Even if it was not the fastest. “Well you are in a stable condition. I can use some time and energy to counterattack.” Valentine rushed in with his khopesh, a red glow enveloping the blade as he activated a sword art. Rage art was low level but all he could use.

His strike hit the frost giant in the chest causing it to stagger and miss the next strike it tried. “Sometimes the best defensive is a good offense. It is good if we do finish sooner. Sherry hates the cold and being outside the house often makes her an irritable cobra.” The house or any warm place on the floor was acceptable as long as she got out the cold. If his familiar was warm blooded she would have been shivering on his neck. At the moment it just caused her to move slower.

Spoiler

187365 7 7 1 1 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Rage Blow (checking recovery as well)< Frost Giant 2021-03-29 23:57:58

BD: 7+ 4 =11 (hit) = 8 * 2 = 16 DMG

CD: 7 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

187366 5 3 10 2 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant > Aquan 2021-03-30 00:01:11

MD: 2 (Miss)

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 34/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 55/62 (-2 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 9,1] Frost Giant | HP: 122/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

He smiled and nodded, happy to have his friend now fighting along side him. He knew that he was still doing good work where he was healing, but having someone carry the 'burden' of fighting the Frost giant was definitely helping his morale. "Perfect! We shall get this done even faster than I expected!" He gripped his sword a little tighter. Watching Valentine go in for the strike, he realized that even though he was doing the main fighting, Valentine was still an amazing fighter, someone who could definitely take him on if worse came to worse.

"Okay, my turn." He smiled and readied his sword. He went in fast at the giant, and again... Did a V-Strike on it. He watched the health go down faster and faster. "Less than 50% We shall be done... However long it took us to get to this point." He laughed softly at that comment. He looked at Sherry, taking a moment. "I do love your snake. It's interesting that this game continued to have snakes be cold blooded, and even have a type of personality."

Spoiler

ID: 187367 BD: 5 + 2 = 7 {4x3=12 DMG}

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 34/38 (-4.+4) | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 55/62 (-2 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 9,1] Frost Giant | HP: 100/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Aquan

“I think it depends on the type. Sherry is from the Sahara like floor and is actually a Djinn beast. The disdain for the cold is more from her elemental affinity than her species.” Valentine gave Aquan another energy boost when he saw the man's levels were dropping. “Another energy boost coming your way. Gotta keep the strength up.”

Valentine gave Sherry a little pet when she reformed. He could feel her irritation and desire to retreat. “You can go back into the sigil. If I need you. You will be coming right back-” Before he could even finish his snake partner was already gone. “Yeah. Like I was saying. She is a special type of snake. If you follow lore all djinn have a lamp. Sherry just uses my body itself as her lamp. It makes it easier for her to come and go as she pleases, or even answer my requests without being worried about leaving her.”

Spoiler

Valentine uses Hyperactive on Aquan

187368 9 4 16 5 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Frost Giant < Aquan 2021-03-30 00:05:18

MD: 5 - 3 = 2 (Miss)

187369 3 7 9 6 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png recovery roll 2021-03-30 00:06:12

CD: 7 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 30/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 55/62 (-5 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 10,1] Frost Giant | HP: 110/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | 

Edited by Valentine

He nods along to Valentine's explanation. It is easy to see his mind going in multiple different directions. Part of his mind is calculation, while the other part is holding multiple questions inside, hoping to speak about them at a later date. "That is very interesting! Do you feel when she enters and leaves your body? I have never heard of an organic creature being used as a vessel for a spirit. At least, in lore wise. I am not very familiar with Djinn lore and occult studies, however the idea of using a body other than an inorganic object is definitely a unique idea!"

He shook off his nerd moment and went in for another strike, hoping that this one would do more than just a normal hit. Lucky for Aquarian, it did just that! His strike went in normal fashion. However, his paralyze and bleed activated at the same time. The Frost Giant blinked a couple times and then stopped in place. "Less than 40% and it is paralyzed! This will start going much faster!"

Spoiler

ID: 187370 BD: 9 [4x4 = 16 DMG]

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 27/38 (-4, +1) | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 55/62 (-5 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 10,1] Frost Giant | HP: 94/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | PARALYZE | BLEED TURNS 0/2 12 DMG EACH TURN

Edited by Aquan

“A lot of familiars are unique in their own rights. I have seen some interesting studies on the materials. People have various levels of free time and with the familiar quest being open to all it is simple to find some information on it.” As Valentine was speaking he went in for another blow. He worried less about getting retaliated against if the monster was paralyzed. If the monster was immune it would have tried to take them out with it before.

Valentine pulled back after the strike. The monster was so close to being in the red. He could practically see the victory that was coming towards him. It made him feel strong and just lucky. “Pretty cool the two of us handled this all alone. It would have gone faster with others but as one the two weakest in terms of DPS, it tickles my heart to think that we are also skilled.”

Spoiler
187371 7 9 17 6 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Rage Blow (checking recovery as well)< Frost Giant 2021-03-30 00:16:04

BD: 7+ 4 =11 (hit) = 8 * 2 = 16 DMG

CD: 9 (Recovery activates) = +4 EN

Frost Giant is Paralyzed and unable to attack

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 30/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 58/62 (-2 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 10,1] Frost Giant | HP: 70/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | Bleed: 1/2 (-12 HP) | Paralyzed

Edited by Valentine

He nodded along more as Valentine talked. It seemed as though Aquan almost wanted to start writing all of this down, but he luckily didn't have a pen or a paper on hand to do so.... yet. "That is honestly a really cool thing to thing about. I wonder how unique my familiar will be whenever I start that quest. I know I want to do it soon, but I'm not sure if I want to do it alone. While there is a higher chance that I will be able to find it alone, with not scaring the creature away, it is nice to have the company of someone else around."

He paused his rant to deliver another strike. His confidence was growing with each attack the pair did, and it was only a little bit now before they took down the creature fully. He delivered a similar strike, this time his abilities activated, again. "Oh wow! They went off again! This will be done even sooner!" He smiled with a bit of joy as they almost took down the beast.

Spoiler

ID: 187372 BD: 10 {4x5=20 DMG} Para and Bleed Reactivate

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 27/38 (-4,+1) | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 58/62 (-2 EN +5 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 10,1] Frost Giant | HP: 50/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | Bleed: 0/2 (-12 HP) | Paralyzed

Edited by Aquan

“Your luck is stellar today! After this you may not have a problem finding a familiar for yourself.” This was the second time in a row that Aquan managed to make a critical strike. Those things only happened with a mixture of skill and luck. It was never really guaranteed. Doing it twice in a row was impressive. Valentine was even more surprised when his next strike managed to critical strike to the frost giant as well. At this point it was as if the game wanted the boss to move on.

Valentine felt himself relax completely. The frost giant was in red health. At this point if Aquan died it was because it was destined to happen. “You should be able to finish it from here. I will be glad that it is dead. It makes a good practice target though. When you finish we can get out of here.”

Spoiler

187373 10 1 8 5 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Rage Blow (checking recovery as well)< Frost Giant 2021-03-30 00:20:39

BD: 10+ 4 =14 (c.hit) = 10 * 2 = 20 DMG

CD: 1 (No recovery) 

Frost Giant is Paralyzed and unable to attack

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 26/38 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 57/62 (-2 EN +1 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 11,1] Frost Giant | HP: 18/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | Bleed: 1/2 (-12 HP) | Paralyzed

Edited by Valentine

"I'm glad it will be dead too." He said to Valentine and quickly went in for another strike. Same old same old, he did the V-Strike and took the Giant's health down even farther. That, mixed with the Bleed effect that activates, the Giant went down quickly. It shattered into thousands of smaller blue crystals, leaving the empty space free of its presence. On the ground was an item called <<Essence of Steel>>, the item the two of them were after. "Well, I suppose that wasn't too terribly difficult?" He smiled to Valentine and walked over, picking up the material. He was hoping that it would come in handy at his Shop, depending on how he would use it.

He sheathed his sword finally, his hand feeling strange when it was empty of the hilt. "Well, I suppose we are good to go yes? I'm going back to my place, I'm assuming you're going back to your house with Grimm?" He asked as he began walking towards the city. "I believe I may ask for some help soon for my familiar, if you're willing to help. I'm very interested in getting an Ice Otter now."

Spoiler

ID: 187374 BD: 6 + 2 = 8 {4x3=12 DMG}

Aquan | HP: 328/380 | EN: 23/38 (-4, +1) | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | BLD: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 |
Valentine |HP: 620/620 | EN: 57/62 (-2 EN +1 EN)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2

[H: 11,1] Frost Giant | HP: -6/250 | DMG: 160 | MIT: 0 | EVA: -2 | ACC: -2 | Bleed: 1/2 (-12 HP) | 

Rewards:

3 SP Each (Quest, 1 Full Page, Covid Bonus)
200 Col Each (First Page Completion)
Essence of Steel - Aquarian (Quest)

Edited by Aquan