[PP-F21] Assassination of the King <<Betrayal of the King>>

Stats

Spoiler

General
Level: 84
HP: 1,680.  1,710 with Acrobatics.
Energy: 168

DMG: 17 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Aldion) +5 sword skill +1 Athletics +1 Ferocity)
Stealth Rating:  +5
SP Available:  10
Total SP:  495

Combat Setup
----------------------------------------------
Slot 1:  +3 EVA / +1 EVA +2 MIT
Slot 2:  +2 BLD/PLZ +1 Keen 
Slot 3:  +3 ACC
Looting Setup
Slot 1:  +3 ACC
Slot 2:  +3 LD
Slot 3:  +3 EVA

Skills: 
Rank 5 one handed straight sword 
(+5 DMG) <50 sp>
Rank 5 light armor (+25 MIT) <50 sp>
Rank 5 Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>
Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>
Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>
Rank 5 Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>
Rank 5 Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>
Rank 5 Hiding (+5 Stealth Rating) <50 sp>
Rank 3 Exceed Mod Limit (+3 Mods allowed)  <10 sp>
Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

Mods:
Reveal +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may search for a sub-dungeon once every 15 posts (instead of 20). Reduces the personal post cooldown when searching for a labyrinth to 3 posts (instead of 5). <9 sp>
Detect  Grants +2 Stealth Detection. Grants +1 LD when searching for sub-dungeons and labyrinths <9>
Night Vision Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness. Negates the bonus Stealth Rating from low light or darkness. <5>
Dismantling +2 LD when opening a treasure chest.   <8 sp>
Tracking:  Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat.
Monster Tracking: Must have already defeated the monster or an identical monster in order to track.
NPC Tracking: Must know the NPC’s full name and the floor they are located on in order to track.
Player Tracking: Must have previously partied with, traded with, or be currently registered friends with the player in order to track.  <12>
Athletics:
Gain +1 base damage and +(10 * Tier) HP while wearing light armor.   <9>
Sprint & Acrobatics +1 Evasion while wearing light armor. <15>
Ferocity:  +1 base damage when using Sword Arts of the specified weapon type (one handed straight sword) <15>
Untraceable:  Negates the effect of the Tracking skill against the user. <9>
Surprise Attack (Assassin): Attacks made from stealth cannot miss. Attacking from stealth grants +1 * player's tier DMG. Stuns and other status effects (Bleed, Paralysis, Burn, etc) cannot trigger. Cannot posses both Surprise Attack (Assassin) and Surprise Attack (Trickster). <15>

Extra/locked Skills:
Survival Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.  <3 sp>
Disguise:  Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn.  3 Turn Cooldown.
Familiar Mastery: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement. <18>

+2 SP (slime farm)

It had been a very long time, far too long in fact, since Itzal had taken a quest of any sort. Although he would argue that such a thing wasn't an entirely bad concept, especially when he devoted most of his time to hunting down player killers and sending them to prison with corridor crystals nowadays. Also because most of the quests he encountered, weren't very imaginable. As he was reading up on <<Betrayal of the King>>, he couldn't help but scoff at the utter lack of information and lore this quest was providing. All he knew about this 'king' was that he was "great", betrayed his people and went missing. Now he was supposed to just pop up somewhere random to fight the player. Why did he betray his people? How is he still alive, or undead if that's the case? Why is he attacking random players as a result? And why did Kayaba feel the need to be redundant in his description. A 'great king' implies he was powerful, brilliant and daring. You don't get those things for being a mediocre king. They were focusing on all the wrong details.

"I'm fighting a field boss." he thought to himself. No matter. At some point the boss would pop up again and he'd get some more SP. He was nearing the point of capping out level wise, but that wasn't his goal. His intention was to cap his skills as quickly as possible. He wanted to max out stealth, get more mods, get more skills and extra skills if he could help it. Anything he could do to become more useful on the frontlines. With each soft step he made across the cavernous system he came closer to gaining a little more SP. Dressed in his dark cloth and leather garbs, his cowl hung over with a misty darkness shrouding his face from onlookers, he paused to survey the area. While he may have taken up the identify of Are to get away from the front lines for a bit, he now wore it to keep his enemies from knowing who he cared about, and tried to distance himself from most players whenever he took up the disguise. He had even perfected his American accent just to ensure no one he knew discovered his identity. And thanks to the untraceable mod, even members of his party couldn't see his name. It just came up as <<Blank>>.

His attention was diverted when Aldion, his black raven familiar, flew down and landed on his shoulder. "Well? Which way?" Aldion cawed and nodded his head towards the north-north-east. "So that's where he is? Must be that small stone valley then. Well he is a field boss like enemy, so that fits. Come one. Time to stealth." Itzal activated the hide skill and slipped into the shadows in order to activate the surprise attack mod against the king.

Stealth Roll:
ID# 184817  LD: 17

Detected at LD 18+

@ChaseR

A good drop would help him get past any obstacle. He wouldn't replace his sword, because broken as it may be, its full form was enough to beat anything into a pulp with no more than a hit most of the time. The only exceptions were bosses, like this one. It wasn't the first time he was going to be fighting the King, and if things got horribly awful, he could always just pull out with a teleport crystal. Nothing to be scared or worried about.

Chase DBP Default.png"It should have been around here.", he grumbled lowly to himself as his armored familiar looked around, croaking softly. "I saw him come this way. Don't sweat it much Blizz. Worst case, I'll hand Alkor or someone else the drop and help them catch up to me faster.", he tried to reassure his pangolin, taking out food from his inventory and quietly beginning to eat up. He'd need all the buffs he could get if he was going to do this the way he worked best if it weren't for NIGHT- solo. He downed Bistro's potion, opened up the special meal that Sven had packed and kept a few more pieces for later, as well as a few more munchies that he'd bought from the blonde swindler. As soon as he was done, he let out a deep breath and kept on looking around, seeing noone but himself, and the King's towering figure in the distance. A nasty opponent according to his last encounter, but being hit was the least of Chase's problems. If there was one thing he was best at, it was being agile. That much he could do, with or without friends. Then, it just became a battle of will. And he definitely had what it took to beat down a mummy with a crown.

"Let's get closer to it before attacking, Blizz.", he advised his familiar and began to walk towards the boss, quiet in his footsteps to not grab its attention and crouched over. Nothing that was hard to see though. If anything, he was sticking out like a sore thumb to anyone not tall enough to completely miss whatever was sneaking behind the boulders tossed around. Probably fallen from the caves' ceiling. Thankfully, Chase was familiar with the environment. There was a pretty good reason he chose this place of all to build his house, if not for how comfortable he felt moving about in this environment.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 83
HP: 1690/1690
EN: 166/166

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:84
VAMP DEF:84
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Extended Weight Limit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl
Surprise Attack (Assassin)
Vanish

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Gugnir's Shard (T3/Instant/HP REC III)*5
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

[ChaseR uses Mega Slime Farm! (+2 SP)]
[ChaseR uses Liquor of Light! (+3 DMG)]
[ChaseR uses Chocolate Beans! (+2 ACC)]
[ChaseR uses T3 Roast Chestnuts! (+45 MIT)]
[ChaseR deploys Chase's Meal Special feast! (+2 EVA, 5 charges remaining)]
[ChaseR uses Filling on Chase's Meal Special! (+1 EVA)]

ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 166/166 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 88 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
@Itzal

Edited by ChaseR

OOC: Taking 1 Minor potion of sharp dragon-fang from inventory & Using it.  +2 DMG.

He could see the brute. Honestly he didn't look very impressive either. He just looked like a big, bulky zombie with a skull face and crown. Even still, the warning given to him by the info brokers was real enough. He supposed he should take precautions. Reaching into his inventory, he took out one of the rare potions from Zandra's inventory. Or rather, their inventory. He was still getting used to the shared inventory thing. He made sure to ask her if he had permission to do things like this of course, and she did. She also told him to stop worrying and that his life was more important than permission. Even if he did take something without permission, it would be better to get chewed out than die and never see her again. Which was something he could wholeheartedly agree with. At any rate he brought the potion up and downed it in one go. The funny thing was, most players expected potions to taste terrible. But not Zandra's. Her potions were pretty good actually. "Or maybe it's just that I've had my own cooking for so long that anything will taste amazing. I don't know."

With the potion consumed he was getting ready to attack when Aldion hopped on his shoulder with an anxious like energy. "What is it?" Caw! Caw! He was flapping his wings rapidly and looking in a specific direction. Itzal turned and enhanced his vision with his search skill and mods. It also helped he had night vision. "Another player huh?... I've seen him at the front lines before. I didn't catch his name though." Even though he didn't know the guy, he could tell he wasn't a dangerous individual. And that was just enough for Itzal to try and team up with him to take this boss down. Despite Itzal taking on challenges alone, his damage output usually required someone else to help him deal damage. Even some players focusing solely on tanks could deal more than him. And as such, he put off his ambush on the boss and instead ran silently across the rocks and boulders towards the player's location.

As he reached the player, he scaled down the rough cliffside in two jumps, landing on large solid rocks each time before pushing off towards the second rock, and then solid ground. Aldion had jumped off and glided before landing back onto his shoulder again. Unless the player was extremely observant, he likely wouldn't have heard him approach, so when he greeted the player he made sure to be a good ten feet away. It also didn't help that Itzal looked shady as hell. "I take it you're taking the same quest?"

@ChaseR

Chase was ready to go right in. With a deep sigh, he unsheathed his broken, stone sword, looking at the runes by its side. And then he heard a voice from next to him- no, behind him? He quietly jumped to the side and pointed it right to the new arrival, quietly looking at him before lowering it. He didn't seem to have an orange crystal, so unless he'd finished Redemption and planned to remove all that effort... Hmph.

Chase DBP Silent Unsure.png"... I've done it already but there is a drop, yeah.", he quietly muttered and looked at the special meal that he'd packed up just moments ago, letting out a groan. He opened his menu and forwarded a party invite to whoever this guy was, certain that he'd seen him at some point. Back when he met Zandra and Haine outside of that weird dungeon in the middle of nowhere, right? "We'll do better together than alone.", he quietly added and threw a piece of the meal towards him, wrapped up in what seemed to be like a paper towel. "Eat up. Not sure how much you'll like it but it's a buff.". If anything, he was remaining true to his self and keeping small with words and bigger with actions. Ah, right. Zandra's half truth, right? "I saw you with Zandra back then. What level are you?", he questioned the hooded man before opening his own menu and flipping it so that Itzal could see it clearly. 83 was already a good number, but not as high as his, just barely so.

"I know you're at least my tier.", he mumbled lowly and looked down at Blizz, who climbed up the boy's pants with his claws and ended up somewhere on his shoulder, trying not to roll off with his round form and whatnot. He wasn't unwelcoming of the vigilante, but he seemed to be wary if anything. Chase took another consumable on a whim, starting to munch down on the literal bunch of bananas that quickly disappeared.

[ChaseR uses Bunch of Bananas! (+2 PROT)]
ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 166/166 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

@Itzal

Was popping up behind a player a cliche move to make? Yes it was. And the player's response was expected, and wise as well. However at the end of the day, Itzal used this cliche to test his stealth skill. If he managed to surprise them or take them off guard, then it was a success. If not. Then he'd need to be more stealthy the next time, as well as unpredictable. This trick didn't work on everyone. The player responded by muttering how they'd already done it once before, and then proceeded to send a party invite Itzal's way. Itzal pressed the button so fast it barely had time to appear in front of him. However his name slot would be blank whenever ChaseR tried to view it. That, plus his dark appearance and the black shadowy mist that constantly generated over his face under the cowl, probably kept ChaseR from being open or polite. That was fine. Itzal couldn't make too many friends as Are. Allies yes, friends no.

"Glad you're open enough to join forces." He said calmly before catching the meal in his hands. "It's very much appreciated." Very appreciated, given that without... ChaseR was it? Oh right, they fought in that dungeon before. Without this guy he'd probably spend all day trying to kill the d*mn boss. He'd probably have to pull out of the fight, recover some health, then jump back in and beat it with hit and run tactics. He opened up the wrap and saw chicken nuggets with honey and rice. It wasn't a combination he'd ever thought of, but it was good... Though he didn't show it. Ever since he'd trained in this world, he rarely shifted from a 'battle ready' body posture unless he was with someone he loved, or was enjoying a swim in a lake. So most of his emotions were portrayed by his expressions, which were currently hidden from view.

When ChaseR asked about level, showing the vigilante his own stats, Itzal nodded. "Ha. Ironically just one level above you actually. Though I am close to gaining one more. That's why I'm taking this quest. It's about time I focus on capping my level quickly." While he wasn't surprised that this player was a level eighty three, it did make him happy knowing that players were working hard to catch up to the front liners. Itzal hadn't heard of this guy until the dungeon and raid, yet he'd made it so far. 'Takes me back to when all I did was grind...' "Before we charge in to fight the boss, you should know that you'll probably doing the heavy lifting unfortunately. Most of my damage is in DoTs, and since that thing is immune to everything but raw damage, that gets rid of most of my potential. Doesn't mean I'll do everything I can to help though. I can at least attempt to get a surprise attack hit on him though."

Consumed EVA 2 Feast

Itzal: HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 168/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

@ChaseR

All that Chase could give in return was a nod. The lack of a name bothered him, but there was nothing he could really do about it in the end. "Right. Your weapon's a..?", he asked with a hint of confusion, but that's not even where most of it came from. If anything, it had been so long that he'd completely forgotten what DoT stood for- only NIGHT had used it once before, so how was he even meant to remember? He had to note it down somewhere this time.

Chase DBP Silent Guilty.png"So you mostly use stuns and paralyses? Since he's immune.", he tried to guess, completely missing the mark on the definition of DoTs. There was only so much he could figure out as someone playing his first game, even this far in. He was mostly alone or with the rogue, so he didn't get to see too many different playstyles. He was just glad Shay chose this one for him, and it fit like a glove. "I can try to surprise attack it as well though. Just never tried the skill before so don't expect much.". If only this was modesty and not an awkward confession. He quietly opened his menu and looked at his Surprise Attack (Assassin) skill, staring it down as if something would happen. "I'll keep you safe, so just chip away at him.", he instructed his unnamed partner, letting out a groan and trying his best to blend in with the environment around them.

Although he did a sloppy job, it was better than a job not done at all. Now to hope that the towering giant moving around the cave system was going to be just blind enough to keep Chase out of his sights. "Ready whenever you are.", he gave the signal to Itzal, silently waiting to begin the assault on the field boss.

Spoiler

image.png

Stealth rating: 4 + 5 + 1 (MULTIPURPOSE) = 10

@Itzal

"I selected the one handed straight sword as my primary weapon." He explained to ChaseR. He wasn't going to bother with explaining why he'd chosen that weapon over the others, primarily because they had just formally... Met? Introduced each other? Either way they weren't exactly friends at the current moment, and he didn't exactly look 'friendly' in his rogue disguise.

"I only use paralysis and stun against player killers. Makes it easier to bind their hands and throw them through the corridor crystal. When facing against monsters and bosses I typically approach with a DoT effect such as the bleed enhancement... You do know what DoT stands for correct?" If he didn't, Itzal was going to feel a little bad for assuming... Actually he was already starting to feel bad. Not to the point where he'd start kicking himself, but still. Standing straight now, Aldion cawed and took to the sky in preparation. "That's the plan. With this particular pain at least." This was the worst for him. He felt worthless half of the time, and now this? It was the absolute worst... Oh well, maybe there wouldn't be any more bosses that were... Immune to anything that made any non-dps player matter.

"Before we start. You can call me Are." He said before opening his skills menu and activating the hiding skill.

ID# 185047  LD: 17+5=22  Stealth Rating
Itzal: HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 168/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Yeah, Are was already onto him so no point in trying to pretend that he knew what exactly DoTs were. With a shake of his head, he answered before diving right towards the behemoth of a monster before them. "... I-I've forgotten. Only heard it once before from NIGHT.". And like so, he was just a lunge away from attacking the boss. And what a lunge it was- a high jump and he raised his sword into the air, managing to grab the monster's attention and failing horribly at his attempt to attack it from the shadows.

Chase DBP Glare 1.pngA slash from the King that tried to swat him out of the air, but all he managed was to provide a better weak point. Chase's blade began to grow a bright green and slashing right through the monster, the combat had begun. Chase hadn't managed to get hit at all the last time they were fighting this hunk of bones and rotten flesh, but he knew already that something was off. He couldn't be afflicted with anything, no matter what, and that was already danger enough for everyone around. "You're up Are! Name's Chase.", he told him while he'd hogged the monster's attention, running around it to get its attention away from where he'd come from. That left Itzal a fairly large blind spot to attack, where the monster would fail to detect him almost certainly.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR charges with Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 5+5-1=9)
(25 + 5) * 13 - 150 = 390 - 150 = 240

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5+3-6=2)
ATTACK MISSED

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 157/166 (-9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 168/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3510/3750 (-240) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

* <<Forgotten in Time>>:  The Forgotten Time King is immune to all status conditions, including Unique ones.
** <<Critical Hit>>: On a critical hit, paralyze and remove all hate from that player.

Itzal watched as Chase leaped from the shadows and assaulted the king in the center of the field, who roared and swung his weapon like he was trying to swat a fly. The field boss's attacks seemed as comical as his background information. Overkill health, immune to DoTs, status effects, stuns and the like. Not a single trace of interesting backstory. Cliche appearance and comical attacks. This is by far one of the worst bosses Itzal had ever encountered in his life. He watched as Chase landed his first hit, dealing around two hundred and fifty points of damage. That wasn't good news. They needed to get another damage dealing player in her if they could help it, or else this was going to be a very, very long fight. When he called out to Itzal, he couldn't help but think: Kind of already know your name since we're in the same party, but ok. With that He leaped from the shadows and aimed his swing. The boss didn't even see him as he activated charge from behind and stabbed the 'king' in the back. With the surprise attack mod and charge skill combined, Itzal had managed to deal a considerable amount of damage, considering the weapon's highest multiplier was only an eleven. However he wasn't able to land a critical hit, which would have been ideal. "Well, that's the best I'm going to be doing then. Chase, if your health ever gets too low we switch, got it?"

ID# 185374  BD: 5+3-1=8  DMG: 19+1+5=25*11-150=125 damage  -11 EN
ID# 185375  LD: 6+5=11

+1 EN

Spoiler

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 157/166 (-9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 158/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3385/3750 (-240) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

* <<Forgotten in Time>>:  The Forgotten Time King is immune to all status conditions, including Unique ones.
** <<Critical Hit>>: On a critical hit, paralyze and remove all hate from that player.

@ChaseR

Chase noticed the tiny chip of damage that Itzal dealt, feeling better in his choice to pick the heavy straightsword rather than the light one. Then again, his own wasn't that heavy, being broken and whatnot. Regardless, all they needed was to bring down the roof onto this monster. The same way that Freyd and Jomei had alongside him, he had to do it alongside Itzal, but with much more effort. No trouble.

Chase DBP Default.png"I'm not planning on taking any damage.", he looked to the side at Itzal and gave a small nod, gesturing with his head towards the hulk before starting to charge at him again. The King tried to slip a jab in with his sharp nails, missing Chase who retaliated with another slash and landed behind him once more, leaving the boss open to another attack from Itzal. "Any moment now, it'll happen.", he murmured lowly with an ever so faint grin on his face, feeling adrenaline start to rush through him. It had been a while since he'd had an actually tough fight- not an unfair one, not an easy one. There was a chance they'd have to run, but not that they'd die. Just what he needed to get into the groove of things again.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 7+5=10)
25 * 13 - 150 = 325 - 150 = 175 

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 3+3-6=1)
ATTACK MISSED

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 149/166 (+1, -9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 158/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3210/3750 (-175) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

@Itzal

Edited by ChaseR

Itzal knew that the two handed weapons and their skill provided not only more damage, but stronger sword arts. However, he chose to stay with the one handed straight sword because it was far, far more versatile in a fight against a player or humanoid enemy. When you could use your imagination, and work around the system like Itzal did, a one handed straight sword was perfect. And... While his damage was absolute trash, he made up for it with debuffs, paralysis and stun arts. He wanted to boost his damage as much as he could anyways though, which was one of the reasons he got the hide skill. However he might switch mods for the trickster if he ever got his hands on a weapon with unique DoTs. Not like he expected to actually get anything like that, but he could dream. He prepared his only "strong" sword art and released it against the boss, slashing at both of his legs as he slid underneath, and landed a wide arcing slash against it's chest. Unfortunately his strongest sword art was weaker than a dagger, which made zero sense with any sort of logic. "Good. Cause this is going to be a long fight."

@ChaseR

ID# 185574  BD: 5+3=8  19*11-150=59 dmg

-11 en

+1 en

Spoiler

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 149/166 (+1, -9) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[1] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 148/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 3151/3750 (-175) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Chase knew that much already, and he was more than prepared- at least in his mind, that was all he'd need. Not even that low in energy and they'd already chipped a nice thousand points of health out of the boss. Approximately at least- not that Chase knew, all he could see was that it was almost a fourth, and that was good enough to him. It meant it was much more than just doable.

Chase DBP Default.png"No sweat at all.", he tried to calm Itzal, or rather Are, down, moving towards the boss once more and slamming the flat of his blade upwards into the boss' head. It sent the boss back and caused it to flinch, leading to it attacking blindly where Chase would be, had he stopped moving. Thankfully, he was more than agile enough to have gotten out of the way, waiting for Itzal's attack before he could launch his next one. Hopefully, this time around his sword would do its flashy white magic and help take the King down that much faster. The boy never thought about the numbers, but the damage he dealt must be getting almost doubled with the Holy buff activating as well, right? It was more than a hefty handful of help.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 5+5=10)

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7+3-6=4)
ATTACK MISSED

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 140/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[2] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 148/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2976/3750 (-175) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

When Itzal fought against players, he focused on strategy, technique, surprise attacks, ambushes, reading his enemy, reacting to their strikes, forwarding his own, and so forth. When he fought against a monster, boss or npc generated by the game, his thought process was totally different. He calculated constantly in his head, between health, damage, mitigation, critical hits, health regeneration, DoTs, and so on. Most monsters and bosses didn't have the intelligence to strategize as well as humans, always having a pre-set strategy and/or pattern they followed. The same could be said with this boss. It didn't take long for Itzal to figure out the fighting pattern the 'king' was following. To Chase this was no sweat. However Itzal knew how fickle chance could be in this game. He knew that you couldn't rely on a roll of the dice to get you through. You had to have a back-up plan if something didn't work out. Itzal's plan was for one of them to duck out of the fight if the need arose, recover their energy, and jump back in and switch. He wasn't too concerned about health given their evasion stats, massive health and battle healing, but you couldn't be too careful. Which was where the switch mechanic came into play. Itzal leaped as the king swung at Chase and thrust his blade into it's back before jumping off again.

ID# 185576  BD: 8+3=11  19*11-150=59 dmg

-11 en

+1 en, +1 hate

@ChaseR

Spoiler

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 140/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 138/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2917/3750 (-175) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Chase never gave battles that much thought. He tried his best whenever it came to fighting and that's all he did- if there was another strategy, he would try to find it out. If there was another way to go about the same issue, he'd do it as long as it got him through easier. The only choice right now was to focus on the fight and keep using his sword arts until his Holy effect triggered and took a good chunk out of this big bad.

Chase DBP Silent.png"C'mon, get moving.", he kept on grunting as his sword stayed the exact same, slashing and hacking away at the King with another dash right to him and all of his attacks focused on his head. Another failed attempt came from the damn near invincible creature, as Chase landed next to Itzal and gave him the pass to go back on inside and chip away at his health again. The battle was probably just going to keep flowing this way. One attacks, then the other, then the monster tries to swing back, and it'd repeat just like so until the King was felled and he- hopefully- dropped a good goodie for them to take back home. But whether it'd be Itzal's or Chase's, that... they'd figure out once the drop was in their possession. Just like worst case scenarios, which seemed to preoccupy his partner to blue's ignorance, there was no point in thinking about them before their time.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 5+5=10)

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

[8] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 131/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 138/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2742/3750 (-175) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

The rotation strategy. Taking turns hitting the enemy in between it's attacks. Normally the tank would be in the front of the rotation, so that by the time the boss and minions attacked they would be striking him or her, not the dps players. Of course, some bosses were faster than others, meaning that they could keep up with the dps players. This was where the hate factor came into play. As they took their turns, the boss became more and more wild with rage, his swings more wide and random. This made it easier to dodge the boss's attacks as Itzal leaped over one of it's swings and slashed at the boss. Unfortunately while it was easier to dodge the boss when it became more wild, it also became harder to hit. It immediately swung for Chase and as a result Itzal's blade bounced off of the armor of it's shoulder instead of landing a hit. Rolling upon landing on the ground, Itzal circled around letting Chase get a hit in before he struck it again. Itzal had hoped to get his hands on some of the equipment the broker told him about when he got info on the quest, but Chase was the party leader. And from what he could tell, the player didn't trust him whatsoever. So the chances of getting any were slim to none. Therefore, Itzal just decided to focus on getting SP. He didn't gain anything really, so nothing would change except his level perhaps.

@ChaseR

ID# 185721  BD: 2+3=5  Miss.

-1 en

+1 en

Spoiler

[8] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 131/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Itzal: 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2742/3750 (-175) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

If it wasn't apparent that Chase wasn't talking to Itzal, the sudden change in mood as his sword answered his cries should have made it clear enough. He grinned and watched the white light begin to gather around his broken edge, forming the rest of it and weighing him down enough to force him to hold it with both hands. "Took you long enough.", he murmured and began to run right at the boss, noticing it didn't have any time to recover and prepare another attack quite yet.

Chase DBP Silent Smile.pngAnd with a wack right at his legs, followed by an upwards slash across its back, the boss' health lost almost darn near doubled. If only this could happen more, that would accelerate things so, so much for Chase, it'd be just great- for Itzal too, seeing as the two were in this together. The light dispersed the moment his assault was over, and although a white lightning streak coursed from the sword right into the boss, it seemed unfazed, not paralyzed or stopped in its tracks whatsoever. It tried to swat him away in annoyance, barely missing as Chase made his way back near Itzal. "You're up, if you see my sword acting up again be ready to cover your eyes."

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 9)
(25 + 1 + 12) * 13 - 150 = 38 * 13 - 150 = 494 - 150 = 344

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 6+3-6=3)
ATTACK MISSED

[11] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 122/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[3] Itzal: 

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2398/3750 (-344) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

The rogue/vigilante was about to make his next run in, but stopped when he saw the bright light emitting from his blade, taking the place of every chipped, dulled and damaged part of the sword. The light shone brightly through the area, reflecting a little off of the mist that hung under Itzal's hood, temporarily changing it from shadowy black to white. Chase grinned for the first time since Itzal ran into him, before attacking the boss and dealing far more damage than before. "Oooooooh, so you have the holy enhancement then? Then you're one of the lucky ones." He said. He was content however. Any player with unique enhancements or demonic equipment should be using it to protect others, or progress the frontlines. And Chase was the latter at least, hopefully the former as well. At any rate, with that in hand this fight would go a lot easier. It was no wonder Chase made it clear they shouldn't worry all that much. "Appreciate the gesture." "But it's not necessary." he thought. He did train and teach himself how to fight when blinded by hearing where his enemy was. It wasn't perfect, but still. Add that to the fact that his mist was able to filter some of the light and he was good. If it was a cosmetic effect, it wouldn't be enough to blind him. If it was a crafted item specifically designed to act as a flash bang, which to his knowledge none existed, but whatever. He rushed up behind the boss before he could recover and stabbed him between the ribs before backflipping out of the way to avoid his attack.

ID# 185795  BD: 9  19+1*20-150=70 dmg

-11 en

+1 en

@ChaseR

Spoiler

[11] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 122/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[5] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 128/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 2328/3750 (-344) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

It was almost as soon as the weapon's light-made form broke that it appeared once more, finishing the blade a second time. This time though, the light was definitely much, much brighter. Chase's grin just widened as he realised it was about time his sword began to do what it knew best- help hack things down. "Eyes.", he warned Itzal, as the flash filled the entire room almost. White lightning kept on running through his blade, now certain that it should put the King down too.

Chase DBP Glare 1.pngBy the time the light filling the entire room began to fade away, Chase's attack had already landed, dealing another chunk of health right at the boss. He knew his attack had connected perfectly, and so had the lightning, but the boss really was immune to absolutely everything after all. And it seemed more bothered than anything else, its health now lowered to almost half its bar, and its attack heading right at blue. He rolled to the side just in time, landing a tiny slash on its hand, but it dealt a miniscule amount of damage. Now was time to cover some distance between them too, heading right back towards his partner. "A bit more luck and I can keep up this damage."

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 10)
(25 + 2 + 12) * 13 - 150 = 39 * 13 - 150 = 507 - 150 = 357

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7+3-6=4)
ATTACK MISSED

[14] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 113/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[5] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 128/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1971/3750 (-357) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Itzal was legitimately surprised at the sheer luck this player had on him to trigger Holy twice in a row. No wonder he was able to get his hands on a weapon like that. Itzal was already ahead of Chase upon seeing the light spark to life, moving to bring the big boss between him and Chase, blocking most of the light when he attacked. Again however, cosmetic light wouldn't be enough to blind him outright. It would be an incredibly unfair advantage to any player if their cosmetic fluff could have a mechanical advantage against players... Of course, there were ways to make it work. While the light couldn't outright blind someone's vision, it could make it harder to see. Itzal also noticed the lightning that emitted from his sword, and automatically knew he had paralysis on that weapon as well. Itzal charged in behind the boss as Chase's attack finished. He didn't land a critical, but he still chipped something away. "Kayaba must have been running out of ideas if he made a boss where all you could do against it is deal raw damage." He muttered as he took his ready stance after sliding past it, giving Chase another chance to attack.

ID# 185825  BD: 4+3=7  19*11-150=59 dmg

-11 en

+1 en

@ChaseR

Spoiler

[14] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 113/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[6] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 118/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1912/3750 (-357) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Chase knew jack when it came to game design- he didn't know any other game, to be perfectly honest. But he had to agree with Itzal. In a game with all these different environments, skills and ways of combat to limit a boss to nothing but pure damage was beyond bad- it was bland, it was boring. "You don't say. It's not even dangerous enough either.", he chimed in before feeling his hands weigh him down again and laughing nervously.

Chase DBP Happy.png"I love this sword sometimes.", he chuckled and gestured for Itzal to cover his eyes once more, before running in. His sword's glorious form flickered back to life before slashing at the monster with a blindingly bright flash, causing even Chase to be slightly knocked out of form. He was back to perfectly fine before the King got a chance to attack, not only shaking the flash off but if anything, seeming somewhat unfazed. Unfazed, unharmed, un-paralyzed, un-whatever wasn't damage by this point. Honestly, could the fight be any less bland? Even the adrenaline rush that Chase was going through stopped due to how much of a complete stomp this quest was starting to become. "If I can keep this up, we'll be out in no time."

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 10)
(25 + 2 + 12) * 13 - 150 = 39 * 13 - 150 = 507 - 150 = 357

Forgotten Time King attacks ChaseR! (MD: 8+3-6=2)
ATTACK MISSED

[17] ChaseR: HP: 1690/1690 | EN: 104/166 (+1, -10) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 58 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 84 | V.(DEF): 84 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[6] Itzal: 
HP: 1,710/1710 | EN: 118/168 | DMG: 19 | 25 MIT | 6 EVA | 3 ACC | 2 BLD | 1 PLZ | BH: 97

Forgotten Time King: HP: 1555/3750 (-357) | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0