[F01-PP] Trust and Dragons <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>>

Spoiler

Nephthys
Level: 16
HP: 320/320 | EN: 32/32 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1

Equipped:
» Mahklab [Perfect T1 2H Assault Spear[Damage // Damage // Damage]]
» Hawk Bracelet [Perfect T1 Bracelet [Accuracy // Accuracy // Accuracy]]
» Qadhaf [Perfect T1 Heavy Armor [Thorns // Thorns // Heavy Momentum]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
» (5) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
» 1 Fish with +1 Vitality snack (+2 Energy Regenerated in Combat for one Thread)

Skills:
» Two Handed Assault Spear - Rank 4

Extra Skills:
» Familiar Mastery: Protector - Rank 1

This was the perfect quest to learn to trust someone, right? She didn't know honestly, but she was nervous, and her nervousness was making it so that her palms seemed to be sweating. Odd that it would be able to happen in a video game, or was that just her mind playing a big trick on her? She knew one thing though, she didn't want to give the person who took up her request for help the opportunity to stab her in the back. That's probably why she chose a quest that she's never done before, and doesn't know where she was to go.

She took in a deep breath before she pressed submit to post her request.

Looking for a quest partner to find and defeat the dragon on this floor. Meet me at the entrance to the Town of Beginnings if interested. Thank you.

That was nice enough, right? Though, she also wondered if that was showing the amount of nerves and fear that she felt at the same time. She really hoped not, because that could be a beacon for Lethia to come back and attempt to finish the job that she failed at so long ago. Just thinking about her former best friend, she gripped her spear a little tighter. At least, until Bast lightly nudged Nephthys' leg with a gentle purr.

Was Bast a panther or a house cat? It was hard to tell sometimes, but it was still very appreciated. "Thanks Bast, do me a favor and keep an eye out for someone coming over?" The black panther looked around, and soon her gaze fell upon someone. Nephthys followed the giant cats gaze, and saw the man who was walking over. Time to try and face your fears Madeline.

@ChaseR

After wrapping everything up from his shop, having given his two comrades the armors that would help boost them to the upper floors, Chase decided to head on over to the teleport plaza of the first floor. That was of course, when he found the request that someone had posted. And at the end, was their name. A name that... holy fuck. "... Guess getting a workout won't hurt. It's just the dragon too. I should... probably not do too much to it.", he nodded to himself and looked behind him, where the entrance to the fields laid. Best start getting going.

Chase DBP Silent Unsure.pngNot even two minutes later, he was awkwardly standing in the distance, staring down with a black panther. "...", complete, utter, silence. He opened his inventory, looking through the full list of items and finding exactly what he needed- within seconds, a blue light above his head and the light blue cat ears he'd made to pair up with NIGHT emerged atop his head. Properly clipped onto his hair, these... Uh. Will they help? Chase quietly approached Nepthafthys or whatever her name was, standing before her and not even bothering saying her name. "I'm Chase. I saw your request. Uh. Can I call you Nep? I can't pronounce the full thing.". It was around then that it hit him; what a bozo he looked like. The atmosphere just got tenser for him, but maybe the lass before him would feel more at ease with... whatever the blue mess was, right now. "You wanted to kill the dragon. I know where it is.", he tried to continue with a nod, placing a hand on the hilt of the sword that was hanging by his left hip. A sword that was broken to something less than half what it should be, and made out of stone to boot.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 83
HP: 1690/1690
EN: 166/166

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:84
VAMP DEF:84
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Extended Weight Limit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl
Surprise Attack (Assassin)
Vanish

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Gugnir's Shard (T3/Instant/HP REC III)*5
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Neph watched the guy coming over, only for him to stop and put on... cat ears? Neph covered her mouth ass she laughed lightly, that was actually kind of adorable. Bast just looked at him for a moment, her head tilting to the side as if she didn't know what to do about what just happened. When he finished walking over, she lowered her hand, a small semblance of a smile on her face, which was a little odd, but fine for now. She hadn't left the safe zone yet, so it wasn't like this could give him an advantage to killing her, yet.

She really needed to stop thinking like that, and she knew it, but it was just hard after being placed into her head for so long now. "Yeah, that's fine." Unlike what one might have thought from looking at her, her voice was soft and kind of quiet, showing the full range of her asocial and shy nature. Bast though, stood up and walked over to Chase and just looked at him. "That would be nice, and, don't mind her, she's just confused about your new ears."

Her words were said quickly, possibly too quickly, but she wasn't about to stop and restate everything. Instead, she sent Chase a party invite, praying that this was going to go in her favor today. She didn't feel like dying after all. "So, um, could you... lead the way?" There was the nervousness and uncertainty of her doing this quest with someone else, she just kind of hoped that Chase didn't read into it, or really ask about it. She'd answer, but she'd feel like she had a dumb reason for her fears, which, honestly, she just might.

If anything, Chase showed the same confusion when he heard that Bast was confused. "... I thought it'd put her more at ease. She was looking at me weird.", he mumbled to himself and let out a sigh, deciding that the props weren't hurting him any. It's not like he was going to be in any long or arduous combat. The lass he was helping out seemed to be pleasant enough, but he was here to help her grow in levels. A friendship wouldn't hurt, but it wasn't his main goal.

Chase DBP Silent Awkward.png "Right. This way.", he quietly began to lead the way, stepping out into the fields and opening his floor map to look through it. If he recalled correctly, it was somewhere before the second settlement where the woods got deeper- in some form of a cave in the ground? It was an odd place for sure, but... that's how it was in every game, right? "You were looking for someone to quest. What level are you? Did you get to here alone?", he tried to start a conversation, managing to throw the questions once after the other with the grace of a llama. "I know the start can be a bit tough when you're alone.". That was as much as he'd say as he began to realise he might have been rambling too much, and if it didn't make her uncomfortable, it did him. To think that even after all this time, he was still rough with words on the first encounter with someone was funny, honestly.

"She's like that with everyone, she's my protector." And my only friend. She opted not to say that last part aloud, she probably already looked pathetic enough in the eyes of most. Especially since she was asking for help to kill a simple dragon. But, hey, she wants to live, and a little back up would never be a bad idea, hopefully. "Bast can be a bit overprotective, so the fact that she's just staring at you, is kind of a blessing." She's seen the panther hiss and growl at other people.

It was another reason why Neph felt like she wasn't going to be able to befriend others. But, Bast wasn't doing that with Chase, so perhaps that was a good sign for her being able to make a friend sometime in the very far future? She quietly followed him, and could have cringed when he asked her the very question that she knew was coming. "I'm level sixteen, and yeah, I got this far alone." Her voice faded a bit when she answered that, but she focused back on the moment and stayed out of her head, for once.

"Doing all of this alone started to get boring, but things happened in the past to make me want to be alone." She figured that he deserved a little more information on why she was how she was. Perhaps it would even put things into a different perspective as well.

The exact opposite than he, then. There wasn't much that he could say honestly. He didn't want to pry into her personal matters, and he knew that being alone wasn't always the best option. "... Right. I'd start out alone too but it's my first game. I didn't know what anything meant. DPS, Tank, NPCs. So I looked for someone in the Town. She helped me until she just stopped trying.", he began a small monologue and cut himself short as soon as he noticed, laughing awkwardly.

Chase DBP Silent.png"... Sorry about that.", he apologised, but with his back turned what she couldn't see was a small smile on his face. He honestly enjoyed being a newbie, not knowing what anything meant, having all of Aincrad (up to now) to explore. It was a fresh memory, a new adventure. And it was nothing like what he would have imagined. That alone was enough to make him smile. "... You can make it alone here. With a strong familiar too.", he continued and looked over his shoulder at the duo, letting his gaze fall down to Bast and then turning back in front of them to continue leading the way. They were now entering a small forest, and Chase felt his hands somewhat cold- probably from the anxiety of being this open to anyone. "But I don't recommend it. It can get rough and lonely.". It felt nice though, to be heard. That was one way to go from looking like a complete goofball to honestly conveying his emotions with words better than he had at any given point in time up to now. "It's always better when you're with others."

So, this was his first game, she knew that feeling, but it had been so long for her since she felt like it was her first time playing a game. Years of gaming before now made that easy for her, but she never looked down on those who were new, everyone had to learn at some time to see if they were going to have fun or not. But, while he had help, she had the complete opposite. "I came in with a friend, and... things went bad."

She didn't mind that he wanted to talk, perhaps it would help break her from her own shy shell. So far, it seemed to work, because already, he knew a little more than anyone else whom she had spoken too. Possibly, it's been so long since she interacted with someone else that she couldn't even say anymore. "There's where I'm conflicted. I do and don't want to make it alone. I want to know that there are trustworthy people out there, and not just ones who are going to try and stab you in the back."

Bast walked right beside Neph, lightly nudging her as they walked. "I'm sorry, you don't need to know my troubles." She smiled lightly, it had a hint of warmth behind the still there shyness. "This is going to be the first time in a very long time that I've had company doing something. It's odd, but nice at the same time." Nice mainly because it kept her out of her thoughts, and she was learning to socialize once more.

"By chance, what do I need to be wary about with this dragon? I don't really know much other than that I should be able to defeat it." At least, she hoped that she would, perhaps it was a very good thing that she had company, just in case.

Although Chase hadn't been stabbed in the back by anyone, he understood what she meant. He did feel somewhat betrayed when Shay started to interact with the world she taught him to survive in less and less, but that was her choice. The same couldn't be said about people who actually betrayed others- let alone their friends, from what he picked up. It wasn't his matter to just barge in though. He wouldn't keep pushing it.

Chase DBP Happy.png"Don't worry. I've been lost in my own troubles for so long that it feels nice to hear about something serious and worth listening to. If it makes you feel better.". The next thing he was planning on saying was the classic remark that he sucked at speaking, but... he wasn't feeling it all that much. Not right now at least. "I'm normally bad with words. So I know that feeling. Weird but relaxing.", he gave a nod and kept on going, starting to notice the trees around them. They were getting closer to the hatchling's nest by the minute. Any time now, they'd jump down and it'd be up to them- mostly Nep to face it. "Er... It should have some skills. I'm not sure though, last I fought it, it died before it could even attack. I'll take its attention to keep you safe.", that was the boon with being this high a level and still having a clean-up list. Until recently at least, Grimm made sure to help Chase punch out the last few Dragon quests, and that marked them, the only quests left undone, off the list. "It's a baby so it's not dangerous. You don't have to be tense."

She watched him, well his back as he led the way, and she thought on his words. So far, it seemed like she was going to be fine with this person helping her and being her company today. But then, she thought that same thing about Lethia. She held back the sigh and instead nodded lightly, "Thank you, it is a bit more comforting." She noticed that Bast was starting to explore the trees that were showing around the trio, and she moved a bit faster to be closer to Chase.

She hadn't been this far into the woods around here, and she wasn't in the mood to really get lost. That wouldn't help her paranoia at all really. "I don't mind conversations, before the game, I was actually... less shy and quiet." Wow, this game really has done a number on her mental health, hasn't it? Or really, it was just that one person, but still, it was in the game that it happened. Plus, hearing about all the different deaths and the like wasn't something that was easy to forget either.

A baby dragon, she didn't know if that made things easier or harder for her. But, as long as she wasn't going to perish in a single hit, she didn't mind. "Okay, that sounds easy enough. Even if it does manage to hit me, I thankfully have some tank gear on." Though, the more that she thought about it, the more she wondered if she should go tank, DPS, or perhaps a hybrid. She had never truly thought about her build before, just grabbed things that could help her survive better.

Funny, Nephthys had been affected the exact opposite way Chase had been. Thinking about it, he was okay at holding up some form of a conversation right now, while back out of the game if it weren't for Lily, he would barely even open his mouth and say a word or two. "... I'm the same here and out but I've gotten better at talking now lately. Sometimes at least.", he nodded to her statement, spotting the hole in the ground he was looking for. A small cave-in, surrounded by big rocks. Like a mini-sinkhole.

Chase DBP Default.png"It's here. There's light coming in since it's still day so we'll see.", he tried to reassure her before quietly jumping inside, landing barely seven feet or so lower. He was having trouble staying crouched due to his height to fit in the den of the hatchling, but he could manage. It sat there before him, curled up and sleeping peacefully. If only there was a way to get that weird necklace from around its neck that didn't involve killing it and receiving it as loot, then they wouldn't have to fight. What was a game all about swords without fights though? "It's still asleep.", he called out to her, practically inviting her down into the hole with him. And so, he lowered himself until he sat onto the ground cross-legged, waiting for her silently. He'd completely forgotten about the cat ears still perfectly placed atop his head, resting his left hand on the hilt of his sword. "... This isn't my quest, so I should hold back. Maybe only use the weakest sword arts I have to give her a fighting chance."

Spoiler

NephthysHP: 320/320 | EN: 21 (32-11)/32 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1
ChaseRHP: 1690/1690 | EN: 166/166 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | BH: 84 | VAMP DEF: 84 | PARA: 1 | HLY: 12 | HLY BLS: 16 | LD: 5

[1,0] Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling: HP: 50 (125-75)/125 | DMG: 50 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 25
Abilities:
<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties.

Vent Forth vs Rhaegal:
ID: 185126
BD: 9 (6+3)
DMG: 75 (10*10-25)

She was glad to know that some were able to get better at the flaws that they might have. It was a better statement for them than herself after all. But, she was trying right now, so that had to say something. She was going to say something, but instead got distracted by the fact that she had to jump down into the cave. "...." She watched as Chase jumped down into the cave, and she blinked, before sighing lightly. She looked at Bast, who was already three steps ahead of Nephthys and landing on her paws beside Chase.

Guess that solves that problem. Neph held onto her spear and jumped down into the cave, feeling like she was a little tall for this cave. This might be one of those times that being almost six feet in height wasn't a fun thing. She ignored that though and looked from Chase to the dragon. "For now." Her words seemed to be stronger now than they had been before, probably because she was going to be doing something that she liked. But, it was Bast accidentally kicking a stone that woke the dragon up.

"Bast, for a panther, you don't have great stealth." The panther just looked at Neph and chirped, not caring to keep silent at this point. Neph knew that she had to act though and started to charge her sword art, the blade on her spear turning sky blue as she neared the dragon, she hit it five times, watching as a good chunk of its health dropped before she moved back a little, wanting to be able to see what might come next. "Perhaps this was a little easier than I thought it would be."

Edited by Nephthys

"I told you doing everything alone is doable. But things get rough further down the line.", he nodded to himself and got up into a crouching position, unsheathing his broken sword. He'd probably have to stick to playing it easy and not annihilating Rhaegal a second time. He tried to fix his stance so he wouldn't move into his partner at all, because sure, he was agile. But there was only so much he could do in this closed space and crouching.

Chase DBP Silent Guilty.png"Yeah, two handed assault spears are one of the strongest weapons but they'll drain all your energy. Mine are just good all around- two handed straight swords.". It was funny that he called it a two handed sword in the first place, granted how it was barely any bigger than a knife and broken, but that question might have been answered before it could even be asked. As soon as his sword began to charge its sword art up, part of the light almost started to wrap around his weapon, causing him to panic momentarily and turn his back to both the dragon and Nep. What seemed like the rest of what would have been of the sword began to form out of the light, but it quickly dispersed back into thin air and with a turn, the boy finished the attack he was starting. A slash with almost no effort, and it showed in the damage. Maybe he was being too easy on the monster. "... I-I didn't want to kill it in one hit again. Sorry.", he turned to apologise to her, only to duck slightly more at hearing the screech from Rhaegal, who was bothered more than anything else. And to follow it right up, a tackle right to the stomach. Did it hurt? ... No. But it was enough to make Chase sit down on his butt, quietly looking at the dragon. "... H-He's yours I guess.", he gave a small thumbs up to Nephthys and sighed, scratching the back of his head.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

ChaseR uses Straight! (BD: 8+3=10)
20 * 2 - 25 = 40 - 25 = 15

Rhaegal attacks ChaseR! (MD: 8, LD: 17)
50 - 43 = 7

NephthysHP: 320/320 | EN: 21/32 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1
ChaseRHP: 1683/1690 (-7) | EN: 165/166 (-1) | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | BH: 84 | VAMP DEF: 84 | PARA: 1 | HLY: 12 | HLY BLS: 16 | LD: 5

[1,2] Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling: HP: 35/125 (-15) | DMG: 50 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 25
Abilities:
<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties.

Spoiler

NephthysHP: 320/320 | EN: 20 (21+1-2)/32 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1
ChaseRHP: 1683/1690 | EN: 165/166 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | BH: 84 | VAMP DEF: 84 | PARA: 1 | HLY: 12 | HLY BLS: 16 | LD: 5

[1,2] Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling: HP: 35/125 | DMG: 50 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 25
Abilities:

Dancing Spear vs Rhaegal:
ID: 185159
BD: 1
DMG: Miss

"I might need to look into that mod reducing energy costs." She voiced the thought aloud, kind of curious on what he thought about the idea. She had been throwing her skill points into her weapon rank and then planned on putting some into Bast's protector rank, but if that mod was going to be helpful, she might want to look into that first. Especially if it meant that she might end up having more energy in the long run, unlike right now really.

She watched Chase carefully, trying to figure out what was going to happen, but right after he hit the dragon, the dragon let out some screech. That, that was not a lovely sound. It even had Bast hissing in response, trying to find some way to bury her head somewhere. But alas, the panther couldn't do that, and the sound of the screech threw Nephthys off balance as she charged her sword art to hit the dragon again. But, because of the lack of balance, she ended up missing the dragon and stopping before she ran into the wall.

"Right, all mine," she huffed the words under her breath as she turned to look at the dragon and Chase again. "So, that screech was unexpected." She shook her head to clear her mind though, so that she was able to focus again on the dragon at hand.

Edited by Nephthys

Chase gave a nod, still feeling his ears ring from the screech in this close space. He coughed dryly and tried to help her out, having studied every single weapon and kept track of their sword arts for this reason. He got back up in a crouched position and held his sword in his hands, looking at her and gesturing towards where he was facing with his head. "Here, try a stabbing motion. Something like th-"

Chase DBP Oops.pngAll that sounded after his awkward stop was his dry gulping. Two reasons. One, that wasn't Straight he just used. Two, the fucking light was coming back and starting to form the rest of his sword's figure, except this time it wasn't dispersing or stopping. By the time he let go of the sword with both hands and raised one to cover Neph's eyes, it was already too late and the entire cave had been filled with an eyeblinding glow. Before the flashbanging was over even, the noise of something dying was heard and after the few seconds that felt like an eternity to Chase at least, there was no more dragon, just the amulet it was wearing up to its last moments. "... S-Sorry.". That... sounded about right. There were no other words that he could muster after this. So it seemed there were more than just one trigger for his sword arts after all. "Didn't want to blind you and Bus.", he gave a final nod and sat back down the exact same way that Rhaegal's tackle before had sat him down, sheathing his sword and taking a deep breath as he rested his head on the back of his hands. 

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! ...Wait-! (BD: 10uh oh.
(20 + 2 + 12) * 13 - 25 = 442 - 25 = 417 + PARALYZE

NephthysHP: 320/320 | EN: 20/32 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1
ChaseRHP: 1690/1690 (+100) | EN: 157/166 (+1, -9) | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | BH: 84 | VAMP DEF: 84 | PARA: 1 | HLY: 12 | HLY BLS: 16 | LD: 5

[1,5] Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling: HP: 0/125 (-417) | DMG: 50 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 25 | PARALYZE
Abilities:

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 320/320 | EN: 24 (24+4)/32 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1

Gained: <Rhaegal’s Emerald>

She was intent on watching him ass he tried to demonstrate a move. Neph didn't mind learning from others, it was all a part of what could make her better at defending herself and others.  But, as if in traditional sense for just about everything, Chase stopped talking mid-sentence, and she watched his weapon with a look a pure awe. Bast hissed at the sword though and moved to Neph, only to shrink into a smaller form, almost the size of an eight-week-old kitten, before climbing Neph's pant leg and hiding in the spear user's pocket.

That was a new trick that the panther could do apparently. Neph didn't need to worry about shielding her own eyes though, Chase had done that for her, which was probably a good thing, because she had just stood there confused and intrigued. When everything was done, the dragon was gone, but the amulet laid there. So, she walked over and picked up the amulet, before looking back at Chase. "It's alright, but thank you, I don't think I would have actually shielded my eyes."

Bast peaked out of Neph's pocket and looked at them, giving a small mew, which caused Neph to look at the tiny panther. "You, when did you learn this trick?" There wasn't going to be an answer from the panther, so Neph just walked back over to Chase. "So... your sword... does it always do that?" Curiosity was going to kill her one day.

Chase's eyes were more intent on the kitty if anything, he remembered some form of a panther around, not a tiny... cat. S-Speaking of cat, he quietly moved a hand up to reach for the cat ears and upon feeling them, he opened his inventory and decided to put them away. Maybe this much was enough 'action' for today. No need to fall any further into the ranks of a royal jester, right?

Chase DBP Silent Awkward.png"It's the first time I actually made it in time...", he commented lowly upon being thanked for covering her, letting out a sigh and shaking his head. "Er... No, I'm not sure when it just... started. It took me four or five adventures before even noticing it could do that. It's... random? I think. Usually at the best or worst of times.", he tried to explain it, and explain he did, albeit poorly. For now, maybe it would be a better idea to get back out of the cave. He walked to the same hole they got inside from, preparing himself before with a leap, he reached out to the surface of the rocks keeping the entrance rather narrow. Managing to pull himself up, he groaned and waited for Neph, holding a hand out. "Jump and I'll help you out if you can't do it.", the bluehead offered, ready to pull her up. Always ready for the 'worst' case, right? Not like anything was at stake, this time. "I haven't seen any other sword do that though. I think it's an enhancement. Just works differently for everyone."

She put the amulet into her inventory, noticing that Chase took off the cat ears that he had worn this entire time. She thought on what he was saying. That sounded pretty awesome if it was something that could happen to anyone. She wondered what enhancement that it could possibly be really, but at the same time, she probably didn't want that enhancement either. For the sake of Bast at least. She followed his lead, heading back to the part of the cave where they had jumped down.

Jumping down, that was easy. Jumping out, that wasn't. She looked at Bast, "Stay in there alright Bast. Don't need you falling out." But, per usual, the panther didn't listen. Instead, Bast jumped from Neph's pocket, grew to her normal size, and jumped. The way that the panther cleared the jump, made Neph grumble as she prepared for the jump herself. "Stubborn cat," was muttered before she jumped, only to reach high enough to have to grab onto Chase's hand.

It was a good thing that he had been prepared for that, because otherwise, she would have just fallen right back down onto her butt. Instead, with his help, she managed to climb the wall and was soon sitting on the ground, her feet dangling in the hole. "Well, that was fun." She blinked with a light sigh, vowing to never have to do that again. "If that's an enhancement on your weapon, it's a pretty amazing enhancement."

She resigned to sitting for a few moments, glad to no longer be in the stuffy cave, and just looking at Chase, wondering just how he managed to get a weapon that strong. At the same time though, he was way beyond her level, so that might have been another thing to factor in.

She wasn't wrong- if anything at the very least it was as amazing as it appeared to be bothersome. He wished he could have amassed more weapons that functioned somehow similarly to this, but even hours and days of grinding away at the monsters didn't do him any good in that regard. A shame, but if that's how the world around them was, then so be it. Nothing much he could really do about it, was there?

Chase DBP Happy.png"Yeah, it is. It's rare by the looks of it too. And there is a counterpart to it.", he nodded and stuffed both of his hands in his pockets, turning towards where they came from and beginning to head on over ever so casually. "It's Holy. The enhancement I use. Fallen is the other.", that was the extent of his knowledge. There was no other way to tell if he could use one or the other more frequently, but he knew they were both just as efficient at taking opponents out if anything. "If you want more help running quests, I can come. I haven't quested in a while and I can use some polishing before the floor boss that's coming up.", the boy tried to offer some help, knowing that the two would probably be parting ways somewhere around now. Unless she took him up on it of course, then they might be sticking around one another a little longer. Maybe he could craft her some trinket, if she seemed to need one, of course. "I can bring my familiar too, if you'd like. Blizz would love company."

Ah, so it was a rare enhancement, and it had a counterpart. Interesting. She had gotten up when he started to walk back from where they had come. She looked at Bast, who was already walking after Chase, and she followed after him as well. As she walked, she thought. He was offering to run more quests with her, and honestly, this was the first time in a long time that she didn't feel like she needed to worry about being stabbed in the back. If he had wanted to do that, he would have done so when his sword attempt to blind her on accident.

"I haven't done many of the quests, but this was the last one I had for this floor. If you don't mind helping a lowbie clear low level quests... I... wouldn't mind the company." Bast on the other hand, seemed to perk up at the sound of another familiar coming with, giving Chase a quick chirping sound. Neph raised an eyebrow, but laughed either way. "I think Bast likes the sounds of another familiar being around as well." She watched as Bast walked a little faster to be beside Chase, mainly so that the panther could attempt to try and find any kind of scent or signal of a familiar on him now.

If Neph accepting his offer wasn't anything to go by, then Bast's chirping certainly was. "I don't care what you need help with. I think it's going to do me some good too. Get my mind off of things.", the swordsman replied and now with the duo- trio(?) out of the woods, they were headed right back to the Town of Beginnings. Once they were there after a fair bit of silence, Chase led Nephthys to one of the main streets that come from the town's exit. 

Chase DBP Default.pngStopping right outside a small wooden shop, Chase turned and asked "Just a minute.", before entering and closing the door behind him. It didn't take more than a minute or two before he was back out with Blizz following behind him. A small, blue pangolin, as round as a pinecone. The critter used its claws to grab onto blueberry's overcoat, climbing all the way until he was plopped down on the boy's shoulder. "Let's go to the teleporter.", he gestured with his head towards the Iron Palace, starting to walk over again with one hand in his pocket, the other petting the odd companion that was now joining the party. "Don't try to clear all quests based on what floor they're in or you'll have trouble. Try to do them in order of recommended levels- they should be on your quest tab. I did them that way and it helped a lot.", he tried to explain and began to fiddle through menus, giving himself a nod suddenly perking up. "By the way, lowbie? What's that?"

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• Nephthys (3 SP [1 quest, 1 page, 1 event] & 900 Col [500 quest, 400 page]
  • ChaseR (2 SP [1 page, 1 event])