[F7-PP] <<Feeding Your Enemy>> Bird is the Word

Ivory stood outside of entrance to the settlement of Nimbus, the wind causing her long white hair to fly about her. She shivered a little, pulling her gold embroidered purple cloak around her. The seventh floor was beautiful, but in the way that made the young woman want more to reminisce about it indoors with a cup of hot chocolate. 

"Chilly today, isn't it?" A voice chimed in from behind her. The healer turned around smiling to the NPC who had walked up behind her. The name above her head said <<Traveling Gypsy>>, and while Ivory had never met the NPC before she was well aware of the quest that involved her. "Y-yes, haha. But still just as beautiful as I remembered it." Ivory's attention turned to the animals surrounding the woman. "You wouldn't happen to be able to help me tame a familiar?" The question was met with a soft, warm laugh. "Mhmmm... That's what I'm here for." A quest notification popped up in front of the girl.

4c1fa447e017c806d5b616fd44e3bf48.jpg

She smiled kindly to the NPC, clicking the blue accept button, the familiar food being added to her inventory. "Now, don't forget to return that to me when you finish, alright?" The gypsy spoke up, tilting her head to the side slightly. The healer nodded happily and started to skip off further out of the safe zone, no visible weapon, and seemingly no care in the world.

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:

Lvl: 19 | Mitigation: 62 | Health: 410 | EN: 56

Skills/Mods:

Spoiler

>> First Aid: Rank 5 (30 SP)

Mods:

>[Rank 2 First Aid Mod] Purify (4 SP)

>[Rank 3 First Aid Mod] Energize (5 SP)

>[Energize Mod Add-On] Hyperactive (5 SP)

>[Rank 4 First Aid Mod] Barrier (6 SP)

>[Rank 5 First Aid Addon] Field Medic (6 SP)

» Heavy Armor: Rank 5 (30 SP)

Mods:

>>[Rank 5 Heavy Armor Addon] Iron Skin (6 SP)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Looking for a healer to do some exploration into the Mountain Ranges and the Eye!" Randal stood at the edge of Nimbus, near the exit of Nimbus, the mountainous floor was one that Randal had yet to step foot in out of all of his adventures, since most of his quests were situated in the lower floors and he only gone up once at the behest of the Travelling Gypsy, that was to the 9th floor and he had Pebbles to show for it. The adorable little lava golem lay in its dormant state snugly resting on Randal’s shoulders. There was many people travelling around and the sights were a beauty to behold. Fresh water springs trickled down from the snow-capped mountain tops and luminous green crystals provided all the light that he needed.

Slightly beyond the entrance that Randal was standing at he spotted a girl with white hair speaking with an oddly familiar looking NPC, the flutter monarch butterflies hinting at her identity, but Randal was too far to see. He took a few steps closer and overheard the girl’s request.

It was the travelling Gypsy again, Randal peered at the young girl’s name. “Ivory Lotus”, “Are you here to get a familiar?” Randal sort of blurted out.

Spoiler

Equipment

Name: Comforting Hand Wraps
Your Profession: Tailor
Your Rank: 8
ID: 130302
Roll: CD12 | LD17
Item Type: Hand Wraps
Tier: 
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: DMG | DMG | DMG
Description: An extremely practical basic hand wrap, the power lays in the user. “Shhhh, just go to sleep, everything will be okay” Legend says monsters still hear the whispers of the fist.
Post Link: 
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17882-f1-r8-tailor-the-crusty-bahrnacle/?do=findComment&amp;comment=588366

Name: Never Miss Pants
Your Profession: Tailor
Your Rank: 8
ID: 130123
Roll: CD12 | LD3
Item Type: Light Armour Trousers
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: EVA | EVA | EVA
Description: "Now nobody said that you had a problem with your aim, especially not with whatever these trousers contain. Sturdy against groin attacks especially."
Post Link: 
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17882-f1-r8-tailor-the-crusty-bahrnacle/?do=findComment&amp;comment=588162

Item Name: Ladybug Earrings
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 131325
Roll Result: 12 (11, +1)
Item Type: Jewellery
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Loot Die, Loot Die, Loot Die
Description: Simply miraculous to use. Provides the user with a charge of luck. Rumours have said that earrings like these would provide one with the power to transform into a superhero, though that seems to be the case otherwise with this pair.
Post Link: 
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18303-f01-r5-artisan-the-evening-star-open/?do=findComment&amp;comment=589839

Consumables

Name: Energizer Bars x2
Your Profession: Cook
Your Rank: 6
ID: 188027
Roll: CD 9+1 

Item Type: Snack
Tier: 2
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Vitality, Vitality
Description: It looks like a battery, smells like a battery, they wouldn't think to sell off a battery as food, would they?

Name: Energizer Bars x2
Your Profession: Cook
Your Rank: 6
ID: 188029 
Roll: CD 10+1 
Item Type: Snack

Tier: 2
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Vitality, Vitality
Description: It looks like a battery, smells like a battery, they wouldn't think to sell off a battery as food, would they?

Post Link for both evaluations

The young woman glanced over at the newcomer. She had only gotten a few skips away from the gypsy before someone had called out to her. She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, her lips parting slightly in a dazzling grin, as though she had just met someone she had been friends with for a long time but hadn't seen in a while. Her finger made its way to her chin thoughtfully. 

"Hmmmm. Not really. I was just sightseeing, but fate had other plans I suppose." The response came quietly. "I would be happy to help out a friend though, if you needed something from me."

It was definitely an odd way to address a stranger whose name she didn't even know yet, but this was everyday business for Ivory. With barely a pause from her last comment she bullheadedly continued on. "You're cute, do you have a girlfriend yet? What's her name? Is she cute too?" She stared intently up at the man, hands clasped in front of her seeming extremely interested in whatever answer she happened to get.

“Really, you were just speaking to the travelling gypsy, I’m sorry I assumed as much. Also sorry, but I don’t know if I have a girlfriend anymore, I don’t expect anyone to wait 2 years and more for me to come back.” Randal said slightly despondently. ”Alright, I don’t wanna bring you down too, if you’re not looking for a familiar what are you doing? I want to explore the 7th floor, have you been around here for long? Could use a guide.” Randal flashed a grin while he stepped a little closer to her. Randal took a moment to appreciate the lady in front of him. Her eyes were clear and showed much wisdom but the smile she had on her face was a very mischievous one, much like a cat he had back home that was always ready to chase at people’s feet. She was young too, unfortunate but many young people got caught up in this death game.

Ivory frowned, reaching up to try to pat the mans head consolingly. "You should believe in her just as much as you want her to believe in you. If even you doubt that she's waiting for you..." She trailed off. She took a step back, smiling at Randal, a lock of hair falling down in front of her face. She pursed her lips, attempting to blow it out of her face. It worked momentarily but then fell right back in front of her eye. 

"Sure I can guide you, my sense of direction is impeccable!" She exclaimed, practically dripping with confidence and charisma. As long as they weren't trying to go anywhere in particular she could get them there, she was certain of that. The gravel crunched underneath her feet as she took the first few steps down the path away from Nimbus. "I'm hoping to tame one of those cute white owls, although they're probably napping at this time of the day. In the meantime we can explore though. Maybe find some wildflowers or something." She grinned at the idea of a bouquet of wildflowers.

Randal was about to step forward after Ivory when he quickly looked back at the Travelling Gypsy’s now fading figure and gave a sincere bow of thanks for her help in his rescuing of Pebbles.

“So, you were looking for a familiar, I underwent the same quest up on floor 9 not too long ago. Pebbles, say hello to the pretty lady.” The brown carapace scarf on Randal’s shoulder stirred and looked down at Ivory with two big orange eyes. It glowed pleasantly and wiggled. ” A white owl would really suit you, and I’m there some at the higher elevation areas of this floor. That’s were birds tend to nest because their young need the height when they learn to fly, we can try going there…. if you know how to get there.” Randal suggested and jokingly prods. He thinks to tell her that wildflowers would suit her too because they symbolised happiness and in the few moments, he had known her, she certainly exuded it, but thought against being a big goofball in front of a new friend.

Randal finds 1 Mat
LD: 14+6=20

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
188153 2 1 14 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-12 09:28:49

Edited by Randal

"Well, I'm sure if we follow one of these paths we'll eventually get to a higher elevation." She remarked, not seeming to care particularly where they ended up. She look around them at all of the mountain peaks that they weren't even close to. A hike was definitely in order. she opened her inventory, pulling out a one handed straight sword and proceeding to use it as a walking stick, the tip of the blade sinking into the dirt with every step. 

"You mentioned that you wanted to explore this floor, is that something you do often? Exploring that is." Ivory herself tended to stick to the cities trying to make friends, but occasionally she liked to sightsee some of the nicer floors. This wasn't really her sort of game, with all of the monsters and fighting and stuff. The wind continued to blow steadily as they made their way down the path, the plants and grasses swaying in the breeze. She buttoned up her cloak in response, pulling the hood up to keep her hair from flying everywhere and obscuring her vision. She turned around to face Randal, now walking backwards with a surprising nimbleness to continue their conversation.

“Well, there is a lot to see all over Aincrad, as much as we should hate this game, don’t you want to see all the different landscapes? Feel the warmth of the sun at the top of a snowy mountain peak, eat a spoon of ice-cream from your inventory at the hot plains of the magma region on the 9th floor, examine the intricacies of the virtual wildlife. To be honest with you, the creator of this game put a lot of imaginative and creative things in here.” Randal exposited to Ivory, he quickly caught up to her, put his hand on her shoulder and turned her to face the tallest peak of the mountain, the wind beat down on them, but Ivory appeared to be pretty snug in her woollen clothes and Randal had both the “Survival” skill and Pebbles which is portable heater. Randal then said, “Have you never wondered what it feels like to stand at the top of that mountain and see how everything becomes so small when you just change your perspective a little.” Randal also nagged about how she probably should not do that in case the durability of her weapon goes down, not that he was sure if that was a thing.

Randal finds 1 Mat
LD : 9 + 6 = 15

Spoiler
188188 4 5 9 8 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-12 18:12:45

Edited by Randal

Ivory smiled as Randal wove a picture with his words of exploration and excitement. And it didn't involve combat at all, which made her like it even more. A light flush came to her cheeks as her eyes lit up with excitement at the prospect of seeing beautiful places and things. Granted that was basically how she spent her time outside of the safe zones anyway, but the prospect still made her smile. Her lips curled upwards a little more. "I have." She responded succinctly, but there was definitely some passion in her voice. "Exploring with others makes it even better, having someone to share all of that with. Sometimes I like to imagine I have someone with me."

She quickly moved to explain. "I have lots of friends, but they don't do things with me and they don't really talk to me, but I know that they really like me." She nodded, looking very sure of herself and what she had just said. she then raised the sword and smacked it on the side of the mountain with a loud clang. 

"Swords are just tools, we should use them however we like. And if it doesn't involve hurting others... that a plus, right?"

Ivory finds 1 Mat

Spoiler

ID# 188191 results:

Loot: 18

Edited by Ivory Lotus

Randal continued up the path that Ivory had initially pointed out as he pondered the things that she had said. “You are adverse towards fighting even if it’s just the mobs? Tools can malfunction when you need them the most so we have to take care of them, just like how we should take care to listen to our friends so that they do not believe we do not care for them.” Randal tried to inquire and explain. Randal then said to Ivory that if she were looking for a special person who would marvel at the little things with her, he would love to have some company too, all the better if the company was easy on the eyes. “Ahem, so why do you want a white owl, I never got to ask you earlier.” Randal wanted to learn more about the creature they would be tracking. He had high expectations because it had been so easy for him, that he had not realised that not everyone was as lucky.

Spoiler
188192 3 12 5 5 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-12 18:54:22

Edited by Randal

"Maybe they cant feel, but maybe they can. Maybe its a small chance, but its enough that I don't want any part of it. Maybe it needs to happen for us to progress and get out of here, and that's okay, but I don't want to do any of it myself." She smiled wryly. "I know thats selfish, but I cant help that."  She paused for a moment as they continued their trek up the path, the crunching of gravel beneath their feet filling the silence. She just wanted everyone to be happy, even the AI mobs. She raised one of her delicate, gloved hands up, brushing her hair behind her ear again as she climbed over a rock that had fallen in the middle of the path, carefully hopping down the other side back onto the gravel. She laughed at his question. "I dunno, they look cute. And a dog or a cat is kind of lame for a fantasy game, right?" The comment was followed by another giggle as she led the way hopefully towards where they were supposed to be going, but who really knew. She definitely didnt.

Edited by Ivory Lotus

Randal thought that it was an interesting idea that they might ethically be murderer of the mobs could feel pain. It was definitely not something that would be fine in the outside world but if it was a matter of living a good life, Randal would kill those in his way. “We are all selfish in our own ways, for example those at the top floor who are killing monsters and at times each other all to be better than the rest out to clear the game, they are all selfish too and that’s okay.” Randal paused and then continued, “Right now, I’m selfishly taking up your time for your company, you would probably be much further ahead of we didn’t stop to chat everytime, but I’m thankful for it, and I hope since you haven’t chased me away yet that you feel the same way hahaha.” Randal ended with a laugh.
Also, totally agree with you on the pet thing, but why not try to take something more interesting? There are some unique mobs, I heard that you can find a Griffin’s egg at the top of The Eye. Wouldn’t that be cool?” Randal asked.

Randal finds 2 Mats
LD: 10 + 6 = 16 // CD = 8

Spoiler
188194 10 8 10 1 Randal thispost Find Material
2021-04-12 19:43:18

Edited by Randal

She thought about it for a moment. "Every person is an opportunity to make a new friend. You are a very nice person, there's no reason not to enjoy the company of others." She paused the black gloved finger making its way back up to her lips as she cocked her head to the side thoughtfully. "It seems to me if you don't enjoy someone's company and you don't speak up isn't that just wasting everyone's time? And if you aren't true to yourself and to others how can you expect them to be true to you?" She wasnt sure if that made any sense, having already forgotten the start of what she had said; a fairly common occurrence. Her eyes drifted upwards and to the right as she continued to think, this time about potential familiars as Randal had brought up. "That seems like something special, you cant really tame it I don't think. Plus, I'm not a special person, I would feel weird having some extravagant or abnormal familiar. I just want to snuggle with it and relax, not worry about what others think."

Edited by Ivory Lotus

Randal had some trouble keeping up with the lady’s thoughts but he thinks he got it. “So basically what you are trying to say is that you are true to yourself of nothing else? That’s adorable, many are afraid to be their true selves and let he who wears a white shirt throw the first stone, but I definitely would not.” Randal points her attention to Pebbles again. “You see this see this little guy? I found him buried in the remains of his parents, I think he is special but that doesn’t define our relationship. There might be a unique beast out there for you too and you should not deprive it for your lovely company.” Randal says motivating, a white owl was alright too but seeing a ivory put herself down made him a little more excited to have her feel special. He hoped that she would think about the prospect of being someone special, if not to others then at least to herself.

Randal finds 1 Mats

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Post Link Purpose Time
188195 2 3 17 6 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-12 20:11:13

Edited by Randal

She shrugged. "What happens happens." They had reached a significantly higher altitude at this point, and he breath was starting to condense into a fine mist in front of her. She shivered. "If some magical beast shows up I'll try to tame it, if fate would have it that way." She glanced around, her eyes narrowing a bit as she seemed to be searching for something. This was probably about where they would find the white owls, or maybe a bit higher up, but she was trying to keep her eyes open for signs of one. She didn't see any though, and she wasn't all that surprised. She was the kind of person who spent twenty to thirty minutes trying to find the exit to a city, or 2 hours trying to find a potion shop that was right in front of her. It wasn't all that surprising that she didn't see any sign of what she was searching for. She turned her attention back to Pebbles. "Thats awful." She said softly, seeming a little sad for the first time since they had met. "At least he has you now." It was obvious that her opinion of him had risen slightly, not it had been at all bad before.

Spoiler

ID# 188196 results:

Loot: 2

LD requirement changed to 12+

Edited by Ivory Lotus

That is definitely true, Randal was pleased to have a companion now and it was a pleasant feeling. “I actually don’t know that many players, I had been cooped up on the lower floors for quite some time. You see this peak over here? I only decided to come over when I heard that there was supposed to be easter egg, but no other player had ever found it before.” At this time, the sun was high in the sky and when the sun reached its highest point, the ground beneath them started to tremble, an ominous feeling washed over Randal, he was starting to be uncertain over his initial task of tackling the field boss. There was no reason to risk his and his new friends’ life. He could only hope that his decision to give up would not be seen as cowardice, but something told him that he could be better prepared for a battle. As a cook, he knew this to be empirically true.

Randal finds 1 Mat

Spoiler
188260 3 4 18 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-13 05:53:08

Edited by Randal

Randal definitely seemed to be a kindred spirit to her, although he probably didn't hold the same beliefs in not hurting mobs. She had been stuck on the lower floors as well for quite a while and the people she had met seemed to be too busy all the time to talk to her or anything. That was fine though, she understood that people had their own things going on. She stopped walking, sitting down on a nearby rock with a sigh. They had been walking for quite some time and she felt like she needed a break. She patted the rock next to her, motioning for Randal to come join her. They were fairly high up, and the path dropped off rather sharply on the other side, lending them a peek at the beautiful expanse of floor seven. From where they sat you could even see the noon sunlight glimmering off of the peaks of the other distant mountaintops. "Cooped up you say... Are you planning on changing that any time soon? There's a lot to see and do and people to meet and form new bonds with. I want to make it to the frontlines and try to help those people. Even if most of them are selfish, I don't want to sit by while they risk their lives."

Randal had yet to get over his terrible feeling when Ivory suddenly sat down on a rock nearby, she looked at him, beckoning for him to come join her. In that moment, all the noisy competing thoughts in Randal’s mind died down, his ominous feeling and potentially fatal fate changed by her presence. He sat down close to her, maybe closer than they had ever been and just soaked in the peace that she seemed to carry with her. Upon hearing what she asked, Randal simply replied, “The frontlines are a million and one miles away from us right now, but that has always been the goal, its just the fear of dying that gets in the way, the fear that your next mission might be your last and that you will never able to come back from an experience like that. I want to help them too and we can do that together.” Truth be told, Randal was scared. In fact, the thought of death and the pain of loss was debilitating in his mind but he felt the need to contribute probably just as much as Ivory did. “Even if they don’t need us up there, we are going to be indispensable to them, all our effort now is to endeavour to something higher. Just like that bird flying up there.” He said, pointing up into the sky, a bird of some sort was making it rounds across the sky.

Randal finds 1 Mat

Spoiler
188269 1 8 12 10 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-13 07:48:04

Edited by Randal

She reached out, her gloved hand resting on his knee as she turned her head to face him, giving him a warm smile. "I think its easier if you try to live your life without regrets. I guess try not to leave things unfinished and if you have problems with someone try to resolve them quickly so if the time does come you can go without worrying about the messes you might leave behind." She gently squeezed his leg before withdrawing her hand, folding her hands together in her lap and enjoying the dazzling view in the company of her new friend. She knew how hard it probably was to admit something like that, and she hoped that her advice would help somehow even though it wasn't something that was easy to do.

1 Mat found

Spoiler

ID# 188271 results:

Loot: 20

Ivory started to hum to herself, glancing down and realizing that there was a little piece of what seemed to be silver next to her. She scooped it up, still humming and held it out to Randal. She grinned playfully, her greyish-purple eyes twinkling in the sunlight. "This is pretty much the extent of how I can help, but even doing something small like this can be all it takes to change someone's fate for the better."

Ivory gives Randal 1 Mat

Edited by Ivory Lotus

“You are completely right, it is no time to be living with regrets, I should do the things I want.” He took the material from her and placed on his chest as if to treasure it. The warmth of her hand on his leg made Randal feel a little sheepish, it had been awhile since physical contact with someone was not the result of battle and fighting. He jumped to his feet and flashed a grin at Ivory. “Come on, stand up for a moment and dance with me. It’s a beautiful view and there is no reason to waste it on just sitting and moping. My family used to dance at every occasion, on birthdays, weddings, even funerals. Would you grace me with the pleasure?” Randal reached out his hand. The snow crunched under his weight and he twirled for Ivory to see. The wind whistled a song that was unique to the 7th floor, as every mountain cut and sliced the wind, different streams of air sounded like a ballad of love and loss. Many a time Randal had held back from fully expressing himself, but he felt like she would understand, or if she did not, then she would at least humor him.

Randal finds 1 Mat
LD: 8+6 = 14

Spoiler
188272 3 1 8 8 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-13 08:26:27

Edited by Randal