[F1-PP] The Final Night...

"LIER. Just admit it, you guys didn't want me on your team anymore, so you just left me behind." She says this in anger as her tears continue to fall. "UGH, I CAN'T even look at you right now..." Sam pulls her hand away with a jerk. Sam turns away and starts to walk but she feels her arm get tugged. Lium pulls her into a hug again with force this time. Holding her tightly not letting her go. "Go back into your own little world without me. It's clear you were better off..." Sam tries to get away, but Liums arms were to too tight around her. Sam was unable to move so she burrows her face in his shoulder with her arms to her side. "Just let me go... I can't... I don't want..." Sam's words just slip away as she couldn't find the right ones. She had spent so much time thinking that they were gone doing their own thing or worse... Suddenly she hears Lium chuckle softly. "Jerk..."

Samantha | HP: 680/680 | EN: 86/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 20 | LD: 7 | BLD: 48 | ENV.O: 32 | PARA

Spoiler

Samantha,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 19
HP: 680/680
EN: 86/86

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Loot Dice: 7
BLD: 48
ENV.O: 32
PARA

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Analyst's Harvester - Lethargy (T4): Envenom Offensive 1, Bleed 1, Paralyze 1
Armor: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: Loot Dice +3
Misc: Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3

Skills:
War Ax R5
Cloth Armor R5
Searching R4
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Trickster)
Tracking
Athletics
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:
Hiding R4
Concentration

Edited by Sam

It was clear that he was unable to wait. Not telling her was no longer on the tables. "Are you done Sammy?' He feels a head movement against his shoulder. "Good," saying as he loosen his grip on her and sits her down on the nearest chair. He pulls a chair toward her and sits as well. "I did not forget about you, we searched for about a week before they voted 5 vs me against looking for you anymore. Even after the judgement ruled over I used my nights when I should have been sleeping to look for you." Sam puts her head low, letting her hair droop over her face. Lium takes a finger to lift her chin up to look at her. "We were out one night training, messing around and that's when a group of selfish people ambushed us. They wanted our shit, our friends being stupid and being so low levels, they refused and they got slashed down just like that. I punched a few and it took 5 them just to hold me down. Instead of killing me they took me to their Den."

Lium looks to Freyd and the girl now. "I found soon after in ease dropping that they called themselves the Laughing Coffin." Leaning back in his chair now. Sam seemed to be keeping quite now calmer than before. "What seemed like months went by before I overheard some conversations about some of the other compounds that others were stationed in. If I can get a high enough level I can get the tracking skill. I saw a long haired redhead female that seemed like she was higher on the food chain. Bossing the little guys around and pushing then against walls, yelling. That's also when I found out that someone was hunting them... I would really like to be kept in the loop about this." Looking to the silvered-hair female now, "I meant every word I said. I am going to get strong enough to face them, after that, they are all going to get what they deserve. I will joint the guild if I have to." Lium was completely serious now. Glancing back to Sam, he pulls her into a half hug as he glances to Freyd.   

Freyd's jaw slid sideways as he listened and pondered.  Different lines of thought flashed through his mind, simultaneously.  An organized group of PKers, or even a PKer guild, would be a massive threat.  It also put solo agents like Setsuna at considerably greater risk.  He was responsible for that risk, at least to an extent.

"I would never compel anyone to join our guild, but can also offer you this:  We will help you level.  In return, I ask you to help us find the members and strongholds of the Laughing Coffin.  They will be... excised... from the game."  Freyd's voice never so much as wavered as he spoke.  His certainty was absolute.  The dangers had already been processed.  He knew what the consequences might be, and was prepared to pay it in lives if it meant purging such a group from the player base.  On this count, he and Setsuna were in agreement about such players.  Firm Anima's entire purpose could be undermined by such a group, and he wouldn't stand to see such obstacles survive.  Raidou would likely disagree, but this was an O&I matter, at least for now.

"Sam.  You know him.  You have common history.  You've also recently been reassigned to O&I.  Get him up to speed.  I will assist in any way I can."

The matter was decided.  Just like that, a path had been chosen that could lead to open war with the deadliest type of opponents in the game: other players. 

"Anything you can tell us in advance would help.  Setsuna and I will need every scrap of information available."

An icy cold stare and a soft blink, listening intently without a word. Setsuna was righting it all to a mental page, and any question she would have was quickly answered by Freyd's inquiry. A red head, a group and they were getting organized. How cute, the animals were building packs. As if it would help them any, the ghost of floor 4 had a way of handling such pathetic attempts at resistance. This would be no different, and they could call themselves whatever the hell they wished.

She didn't care, they would die the same.

But it would take planning, positioning. Time. All of these things needed to be set in motion before they could act, and pumping this idiot for information beforehand seemed ideal. The more they knew, the better prepared they would be in staging the killing floor. No loose ends, leaving none to escape. The name struck a bell, however, only faintly. "Hidden." she offered just the simple word, knowing full well he'd understand the principle. Sam and Lium were not in the circle and as such didn't need to know the context.

As much as he wanted to catch up with Sam, this was more important right now. Glancing to Sam as her head was still low, he could tell that something was bugging her. Looking past her to the table, "What is this now," as he gets up and starts spreading the papers out. Maps, locations, towns and much more. "This is amazing, I haven't been to many floors so this will help with the landmarks that they mentioned." Lium grabs a blank piece of paper now with a pen and starts putting his thoughts from everything that was mentioned while he was caged up. He then starts to compare his notes to the maps and info on the table. Before long he came up with a few locations that should be checked. "These look to match what I heard, check these places first and I'll work on getting that skill so that the real shit can begin. Also I was already planning to create a guild before shit went down hill. Me joining this one, it's just skipping a step for me, if you'll have me that is?" He looks to Freyd and the other female with a hunger to murder these unknown bastards.      

The edge of Freyd's lip curved upward, even as his eyes narrowed with appreciation.  

"Yeah.  I think we can manage that.  The guild will also help get you kitted out.  Tell us what you need, and we'll see to it."  His cowl drifted downward with his vision to stare at the marking placed by Lium on their maps.  So many spots.  Tilting his head slightly to Setsuna, he added more.  Sam and Lium would be quick to note the change in his tone.  He spoke with brevity and added respect when addressing the frosty woman.  

"Take your pick of the litter.  You know your limits.  Call for aid when and as required.  I will take whichever locations you do not.  They will clue into the fact that someone is after them once they've lost a few dens.  A false trail and scapegoat would be prudent." He paused, as if weighing options.  "I leave the option you suggested at your discretion.  She's volatile at the best of time, but would be ideally suited to this task.  Recruit or use the asset as you see fit."  The cowl turned further, and show a single red orb cast in dark shadow.  "And if she reacts poorly or with hostility, no holds are barred.  We have enough loose canons on our hands."

Lifting both hands from the table, Freyd glanced silently at the others.  

"We each have our tasks.  Let's have at them."  He lingered only a moment longer, the pressing need for action invigorating his pulse.  "Any questions?"

An intense stare at the map, a clear of her throat and taking two steps away. Her image flickers in white fog as if vapor was trapped in a container. Her image shifts to a girl that neither Sam nor Lium would recognize. Turning back to the pair as another female with long white hair, a bit shorter and thinner, with amethyst eyes. "Let's just see how resistant they can be, and how many faces I can exploit in the meantime." Another few steps as this other girl, her appearance distorts again as a semblance of frost bleeds from her feet. The spinning cursor over her head that she despised, but was serving as a wolf in sheep's clothing even now.

A spin on her heels toward Freyd as her hair turns short and bright orange, unkempt and volatile as the tired voice.

"I'll see how many I can take out, it's only a matter of time before they are all wiped out. Yanno?"

At that moment, it would become clear that Setsuna could be anyone.

Thread Summary:

Freyd & Setsuna receive:

824 EXP (1 page [800] +3% from Paragon 10)
82 col (from Laurel Wreath) - given to Lium (twice)

Lium receives:

200 EXP (1 page [200])

564 col (1 page + col from Freyd and Setsuna)

Same receives:

Nothing.  Only 1 post.