[F22-PP] The Flames Before Destruction...

Samantha had just fought a huge dragon with Firm Anima, she was exhausted and it was very late. The sun had been down for a while and she wanders the forest around her soon the be wife's house for a while now. She was trying to figure out how to tell her that she joined the Front lines. She knew that her and Katoka had a conversation about the topic earlier, but she would have never imagined that she would have joined. She knew that she had a choice but it didn't make it any easier. Sam was so split right now, nearly in tears. Walking up to Katoka's door, unlocking the door she goes through. It was silent, was she asleep... Taking an uneasy breath, as she closes and locks it behind her. Taking off her shoes, as she makes her way to Katoka's room. Seeing the bed, still made she climbs into it and takes one of Katoka's pillow's and pulls it into her chest. "Kat, I need you," saying with a sniffle as she curls up into a ball waiting for her love to return home.

Sam | HP: 740/740 | EN: 92/92 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | LD: 7 | AA | PHASE | REC: 8

Spoiler

Sam,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 32
HP: 740/740
EN: 92/92

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
Loot Dice: 7
AA
PHASE
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Oracle's Watch - Inquiry (THBA-T4-Demonic): Absolute Accuracy, Accuracy 2, Phase
Armor: Acolyte's Light (T4-Perfect-Cloth Armor): Evasion 1, Recovery 2
Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: Loot Dice +3

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Axe R5
Cloth Armor R5
Searching R4
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Trickster)
Tracking
Athletics
Blindside

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Precision

Active Extra Skills:
Hiding R5
Concentration

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Analyst's Harvester - Lethargy (THBA-T4-Demonic): Envenom 1, Bleed 1, Frostbite 1, Static 1 x1
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3 x

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (-): +1 Rank to the - skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [(Potted Tanabata)]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Sam

Katoka had spent most of the day inside Firm Anima's halls doing research, as she liked to do, on various quests. With things being so different since Cardinal updated things she was cross referencing and even updating a few of the logs the guild had. She realized that it was dark out and cursed under her breath, she was trying to be better about getting sleep but when she was focused she tended to loose track of time. After a few minutes of returning books and maps to their places she saved her notes in her hud and collected her things. The blonde waved and said her goodbyes to anyone she passed and sprinted home.

Upon arriving to her house she noticed Sam's shoes in the entryway. She looked about quizzically to the darkened rooms before removing her own shoes and hanging her back on a hook nearby. "Sam? Sweetie? Are you hear?" she called as she began to climb the stairs. The house was oddly quiet, if they weren't in a safe zone she would have equipped her sword immediately. She found her hand reflexively reaching for the absent weapon before shaking her head. "Sam?" she called again before entering the bedroom.

Seeing her soon to be wife curled in a ball on her bed sent pangs of guilt through her. If only she had been home sooner. "Sam, honey? What's wrong?" she sat on the bed next to her and placed an hand on her head, "Did the dragon fight not go well?"

Katoka | HP: 680/680 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD: 48 | REC: 3

Spoiler

Katoka, The Cerulean Storm
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 8
HP: 680/680
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLD: 48
REC: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Iridescent Edge (T4/Perfect/Katana) | BLD 1, DMG 2
Armor: Bushido Haori (T4/Perfect/Light Armor) | MIT 2, EVA 1
Misc: Black Zephyr’s Zeal (T3/Perfect/Trinket) | ACC 2, REC 1

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Curved Sword R1
Katana R5
Light Armor R5
Energist
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Meticulous
Vengeful Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Resolve
Precision

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration
Parry

Inactive Extra Skills:
Survival

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal x5
Starter Healing Potion x3

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +5% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Hearing her name at first it didn't dawn on her. Another, she knew that Kat was in the house, but Sam said nothing. Tear flooded her face as she became more scared of what would transpire with this conversation she was about to have. Feeling the bed shift slightly as she felt a hand on the back of her head. Her chest felt tight and it was getting harder to get a breath out. Without turning, "No the dragon went fine, I need to tell you something though." This was said between sniffles. Sam turns and places her head on Kat's thigh. She knew that there was no easy way to put it so she was just going to come out and say it. "I joined the Front lines with Frim Anima," she sits up now and but tilts her head down staring at the bed. "It was a very last minute thing and they needed more people and I knew that I could help. It didn't really hit me though until after the fight with the dragon. I know that we talked about it and the feelings you had against it," the room became silent... After a few minutes Sam takes Kat's hand as the tears continued, a sniffle... "God Kat please say something..."

Katoka was shocked at first. The thought of the front lines, the danger, the strength of the bosses, it scared her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, holding tight onto Sam's hand before responding. "Honey, I'm not mad if that's what you think. I'm... Scared. For you." she looked into her watery eyes and smiled softly, "It was going to happen eventually. I know how strong you are. It's selfish of me to want you to stay away."

Kat shifted herself on the bed so that she was cross legged and facing Sam batter, "Please, just promise me that you'll be safe. Because if something happens to you," she flicked her playfully between the eyes, "I'm gonna get mad at you." the blonde placed a hand on Sam's cheek and wiped away her tears as best she could. "I can't stay away from the front much longer either. One of these days I'm going to have to join you all and actually make some progress in this damn game."

A small chuckle of ironic came from Sam. "I would love that, It would mean the world to me if you were." Pulling Kat into her arms now, just holding her. "I joined because I know that I could make a difference. I will be thinking about you every moment of the way, you will be the thing that keeps me going." Pulling slightly away from Kat to look into her eyes. "And I promise that is things go south, I will leave. I am there to help but I don't want to die." Leaning back into her again, "They are putting me with people that I don't know and a tank that I have not a clue of. I am terrified Katoka." Sam rarely used her full name so this would indicate that she was really scared... She knew what she was doing was the right thing, but she couldn't shake that feeling... "Can we just stay here for a while and not worry about anything for a while. I will be off early tomorrow and will most likely be going straight to the meeting spot of the boss. I just want the time remaining to be here with you, please..." Laying down on the bed with tiny tears still falling down her face, still holding Kats hand...

"Don't focus too much on me, you won't be able to fight the boss if you're too distracted." she smiled and hugged Sam tightly. She laid down with her and held her close, "We can stay here as long as you need." Kat kissed her forehead softly and patted her head as she cried. She was worried, but she wanted Sam to feel at ease so that she could focus on the fight at hand. Katoka did something she hadn't done since she was back home comforting her little sister, she began to hum a song. Softly and calmly she hummed a tune that her mother had used to comfort her, and that she in turn used to calm her sister. She didn't know the name or where it was from, but she knew it was relaxing in it's own way.

After sever minutes she kissed the top of Sam's head again, "You ok love?"

The tears had stopped as she turns her head to gaze into Kat's eyes. "I am now, thanks to you." Placing a hand on Katoka's cheek, "I can't stop thinking about you during a big battle like that because most of the time it is what keeps me going when times feel like they are impossible. When I feel like I am failing, I think about you and I get this burst of confidence that brings me back up and allows me to feel like anything is possible. You are my strength, so no I will not stop thinking about you." Brushing her thumb against her cheek, "I love you so much Kat and I know that I have said it before, but it is a recurring thought that means the world to me. I really don't know where I would be without you. In a ditch maybe..." Pressing her head against Kat's as she closes her eyes. "After this floor is cleared, we are getting married. I can't go any longer without knowing that you are mine, with the exceptions of our friends that is," saying with a small chuckle. Taking a deep breath as she places her lips against Kat's softly...

Katoka kissed her soon to be wife softly. One hand holding Sam's face while the other slid it's way to rest on the small of her back. She felt her own tears that she was trying to hold back begin to fall and mix with Sam's, though hers were ones of happiness and longing. They had put off their wedding for far too long and at this point, Kat wasn't even sure why they had. When they both finally stopped kissing for a moment, the blonde had realized she had at some point crawled into Sam's lap. She looked up at her with big, wanting eyes, before she rested her head against her chest and let out a sigh.

"I've missed you." she said after a moment. Kat wrapped her arms around Sam's back and held her, listening to her heart with closed eyes. "We should get to sleep, if you stay up too late you'll be tired in the morning." she said not really meaning they should go to bed just yet, her arms tightened a bit more around her.

Sam's heart was racing with Kat's warmth against her body, closing her eyes as she feels a hand on her lower back. She doesn't know how long it had been since the last time they... They were off doing their own thing and even when they were together, they were exhausted and just fell asleep before anything happened. Work really did get in the way, even if they shared each others space with one another. 

Right then she sits up in bed and pulls Katoka's small frame on top of her. Face to face, Sam wipes the tears from Kat's cheek with a single finger, with the other hand on the waist. Holding her face with that hand now she smiles. "I would not miss this chance to miss a perfect moment such as this." Sam kisses her neck, pushing the little bit of hair in the way behind the shoulder. Moving up her neck, jaw line, the cheek, reaching her lips now as she pulls Kat closer. A simple pull with the hand on the waist that wound up on her lower back. Her heart races faster, as she cradles a cheek in that hand and the warmth of their lips linked to the each other. She would not pull away this time...

Katoka took a shuddering breath and let herself succumb to her desires as she pressed herself into Sam.

-----

After a time they were both out of breath and sweating. Kat pulled herself close to Sam and kissed her neck, sighing as she held her close. It had been too long since they had been together like this and it was apparent that they both needed to let off steam. A few minutes passed and Katoka's stomach growled, she blushed and looked up at Sam.

"I might be a bit hungry now." she kissed Sam's nose and attempted to wriggle free from her, "I can grab you something as well from the kitchen if you want, or you can come down with me."

She she managed to get free, Kat rolled out of bed and made her way to the doorway where she stopped in the frame. She looked back and grinned, she decided she wouldn't put anything on as she turned back and descended the stairs.

• 2 months later...

A chuckle as she lays in bed and her love made her escape. Sam's tummy was rumbling too, but she wasn't sure if she was actually hungry. Staring at the ceiling, it was going to be a very long couple of days. With the Raid and the other thing that Firm Anima was doing right before hand... "Shit... What time is it..." Sitting up in bed, opening her HUD to check the... "Shit," Sam falls out of bed, gathering her clothes on the floor as she runs downstairs. Setting those fabrics on the counter, taking each piece, placing them on in a hurry. "Kat, I was suppose to meet them an hour ago..." pulling a shirt over her head. Grabbing a piece of toast still unsure if she was hungry or not. She was so mixed with feeling right now, terrified, warm and fuzzy, rushed... Come to find out, it didn't make a good combo. Pulling a pair of pants up with the toast still in her mouth. Practically cramming it into her face now, before quickly chewing a swallowing.

Rushing behind the counter, she takes the knife from Kats hand, setting it on the counter top. Twirling Kat around into her arms, putting one hand on her waist and the other on her cheek, meeting her gaze. Holding that for a moment before saying, "I will be back, I do not know when but I will. You wait for me, and don't you dare stop believing in me. I will know..." she says with a small smile, but her eyes were completely serious. "I love you Katoka," there was a slight tear in Sam's eye. Closing them as she kisses her love softly. Katoka grabs her hand before they part, Sam leaves as she lets that hand go, walking out that door not knowing what to expect.    

"I love you too Sam."

Kat kissed her love, feeling the warmth of her body pressed against hers. Then the kiss was over, and she felt Sam's hand in her own. But soon that too was slowly taken away. She watched as her wife to be walked out of the house and off to fight in a battle that could cost her life. Katoka didn't want Sam to see that she was scared, now that she was gone tears spilled from her eyes and she pressed her fingers against her lips in an attempt to feel her touch again. A small sob escaped from her lips she the blonde slumped against the kitchen counter. All she could do now was wait.

----- 2 Days Later -----

Katoka was seated at the kitchen table, lying her head on it's surface as she stared at the clock on the wall. She hadn't slept well the past couple of days. She knew the raid party had conquered the 26th floor boss, but she still hadn't seen Sam. When she received the notification that the 27th floor was now open she quickly checked her friend list and saw that Sam was still 'Online', this was a good way to check and see if a player had been killed or not if they couldn't send or receive messages. 

And so she sat, excited, waiting for her fiancé to return to her. But she didn't. Not that day, or the next, and so far she was still waiting.

"You better have a good reason for not coming home the past two days." Kat pouted and twirled a butter knife in her hand before letting out an exasperated sigh.

Day 1: After they deal with Gaby

Sam opens her HUD and looks to Kat's name. About to send a message, Sam hears screaming. Swords clashing, sparks flying in the distance. Firm Anima rushes out and expands to help the soldiers that they agreed to protect. "Damn it" saying as she closes her HUD quickly and rushes out herself to see all the commotion. A shout out from Celeste in the distance. Sam's eyes quickly scan over the battle that was being held. This was far from over. Deciding not to get herself killed, she starts gathering the hurt soldiers on Celeste airship. The rest of Firm Anima had the extreme in the bag. Seeing Lium and noticing the orange icon, she would have to ask about that later, now was not the time to get distracted.

Day 2: The Final Battle

Joining the air troops with most of the front liners. Doing what she could to help around the ship. Taking a break, sitting on a barrel. Lium come up to her seeing that Sam was a little down. "What's the matter, Sammy." A pause as Sam looks up. "I miss her," a tear down her cheek. Sam opens her HUD again, her finger placed on Katoka's name. Trying to get a word out to her before "FIRE," the air ship rumbles as Lium catches Sam from falling off the barrel. "Time to move Sam, come." Wiping the tear from her face and closing the HUD. They quickly rush up to help, it was only just beginning...

Night of Day 3: Finally Over

Giving Lium a hug, "Thank you, Lium." Grabbing something from a shelf, her coat. The ship was getting repairs done on it now. It was finally over. Samantha was exhausted, no sleep for days, but there was only one thing that she wanted to do. "Go get her tiger," Lium says to Sam as she walks out. Staring at that chain... Was she even going to make it. Hearing a chuckle behind her, Lium picks Sam up like before and grabs that chain. With a tug it comes loose and Lium jumps off the side with Sam. Landing on solid ground with a huff of the dirt. "She's waiting, GO," with a small nod, Sam starts to run home as fast as she could.

It took a minute, but Sam manages to get home, opening that door, full of excitement of see the one person that helped her get back. The one person she thought about every second that she was gone. The love of her life. Opening that door, she could see Kat just sitting there on the couch staring at the entry way, knees crunched to her chest with what looked like coffee held in both hands. Kicking her shoes off and closing the door behind her. Kat sets that coffee down in tears now, which made Sam start to cry too. Without words, Sam takes a seat next to her love, pulls Kat to her lap and just holds her. After a very little time, Sam passes out holding Katoka in her arms, not wanting to let go. 

Day three.

Three long days with no word. No message. Nothing.

Katoka was tired. She barely was getting any sleep. She had taken to spending her days on the couch, facing the door in the hopes that at many minute she would walk in. When she did sleep, it was for short periods of time on the couch as well. A blanket was tossed to the side for those times. Mugs upon empty mugs that had once held coffee accumulated on the coffee table, along with a few small plates here and there from when she could stomach to eat.

The small samurai opened her UI to check for a message that wasn't there. She didn't want to send one to Sam in case she was in the middle of a battle, she didn't need any distractions. Closing the window she sighed and took another sip of her lukewarm drink.

"Where are you?" she croaked aloud, pulling her legs up to her chest and hugging them. Her voice was nearly gone after the nights of crying. She needed her Sam.

As tears began to fall once again the front door swung open and Katoka looked up in shock. Standing there in the doorway was her wife to be, frantically trying to kick off her shoes before running to Kat. The blonde set her mug down in awe, tears flowing freely but this time out of happiness rather than fear or sorrow. Samantha was crying to as she crawled into Kat's lap, they sat in silence as the samurai softly pet her love's head. After a time she heard the soft but steady breathing that she recognized as sleep. A soft smile spread across her lips and she relaxed her tense shoulders, settling in to the warmth of the woman in her lap.

"Welcome home my love." she whispered softly before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Waking up yawning, unsure how long she was out. Glancing around frantically before she feels something warm against her chest. Somehow, Sam wound up laying the long way of the couch while her little Kitty Kat was cradled against her. A soft smile as Sam wraps her arms around the small frame. Sam really did want to talk, but she was just so tired when she got home. She was sure that Katoka got hardly any sleep either, they never did when they were away from each other that long. It was hard not to worry about one another when the stakes were that high on the board.

Brushing the side of Kat's head, Sam didn't want to wake her. Instead, she would watch her sleep. When they both fully woke, Sam would make a huge meal and tell her love all about the excitement that went on. Feeling a bit bad that she was gone for so long, but she wasn't just going to leave Firm Anima in such a critical time. Everything just happened so fast and Sam had barely had time to react. Regardless, she was happy that she was back home with the love of her life.

With a yawn and a stretch Katoka awoke once again on her living room couch. Her body was stiff, her har a mess, and there was dried dross on her face. She hadn't slept like this in several days. Most of the time she woke with a start and looked around expecting to be somewhere else. This time however, Sam sat next to her, watching as she slept. "Were you watching me sleep?" she asked arching one brow and shaking her head. "Kinda creepy. I should report you to the town guards for being a peeping tom, or in this case a peeping Sam." she grinned and leaned in to kiss her quickly before sitting back.

"Alright, spill it. You better have a good excuse for running of to the floor raid and then not contacting me for so long." Kat's face was serious now. She needed to hear what happened. Why Same had come in so tired and had neglected to contact her in any way. It just wasn't like her.

Katoka turned and positioned herself so that she was sitting cross legged and facing Sam so that she could hear everything without missing a beat. She crossed her arms and waited, hoping that she wouldn't need to stay mad for very long, or at least act like she was.

"You are so cute when your mad," saying this with a small chuckle. Pulling Kat back to her lap, but is such a way that they were face to face. Holding her loves face softly in her hands, forehead against hers gazing into those beautiful eyes. "I am so sorry, I tried... I really tried to get a message out. It was back to back shit that just kept sending me else where. I am sorry..." lifting her head ever so slightly, as a tear falls down her cheek. Softly pressing her lips against Kat's. After a moment she pulls her into a hug. "I missed you so much, I thought about you every second I was gone."

After a few minutes she pulls ever so slightly away but holds Kat's hand in hers. "After we fought Gaby there was a huge dispute about how we should letting him live. Front line let him live and then the moment that we walked out there was a huge battle going on with air ships and flying boats. It was hell and all I wanted to do is get back home to you. Please forgive me Kitty Kat. I can't bare the thought that you could be mad at me..." Sam gives her puppy dog eyes in a very pleading manner.

Kat pouted in an attempt to still seem mad, but it didn't last long. "You're lucky you're cute, it's hard to stay mad at you." she kissed Sam on the cheek and curled up the best she could in her lap. She listened to Sam she told her story. The boss fight, the aftermath, it was definitely three days worth of hell it seemed. She could also tell that Sam was genuine in wanting to contact her and not being able to. She smiled softly and cupped her love's face with one hand, "I forgive you." She kissed her softly again and stood up.

"Now, as your punishment," she gave Sam a sly grin, "I think helping me with all these dishes should suffice." Katoka gathered up a few and made her way to the kitchen where more had filled the sink. "How did I make such a mess in such a short amount of time." she said to herself as she began sorting them.

The samurai felt whole again. She let out a soft sigh of relief, Sam was finally back. She was safe. She wasn't hurt or captured or all the other stupid scenarios Katoka had invented in her head. She was home.

Sam just giggles as she gets up as well. "So picking up your mess is my punishment, don't I do that anyway." A grin on her face teasing Kat a little. The remaining of the dishes were not hard to grasp. Setting them on the counter with the organized piles that were formed. Sam started to wash and rinse, handing them to Kat to dry. It was only fair that Sam took the more hands on job. "So, I know that I have been holding the wedding thing off for a while, but I have been going through some stuff. I feel like it's holding me back and I need to deal with it before I move forward with anything in my life." Sam's eyes narrow at this point. Hands still moving, she was glad to be home, but in a way Sam felt stuck. It had nothing to do with Katoka why she was feeling this way, if anything the girl was helping her through it just being here. Giving Samantha that comfort that was much needed. "I will explain everything when I can deal with it, but I just feel like it is something that I have to figure out for myself." Sam's chest started to tighten. Whether or not it was just a dream that she had, Sam needed to figure out what it meant, if anything so that she could move on with herself and her new life ahead with the love of her life. "Before you say it, this has nothing to do with you I promise. You just have to trust me. Can you do that Kat..."

Kat continued to dry the dishes she was given as Sam spoke. She felt her heart sink as she said she wanted to continue to put the wedding on hold, but she understood at the same time. Katoka would rather the both of them have their affairs in order and not have other things on their mind. "I think I understand. Of course I trust you, you're one of the few that I do."

The samurai gave Sam a sad smile, "I won't lie, I am a bit sad that we're holding off again, but if you need time to get sorted I can wait as long as you need." Taking the dried dishes, Kat began to put them back in their places. "What do you say we have some," she checked the clock, "lunch? We can spend some more time together and just be in each other presence for a bit."

Katoka pulled a few items from he fridge and began to make something for the tow of them to eat. It had been far too long since they enjoyed a meal together and it didn't matter to her what they ate as long as they were together for as long as possible.

Edited by Katoka