[PP-F4]The Search for Shiny Rocks(Zerva & Ruri)

Zerva grinned and stepped out with his hands up just in case it was to lure him from his hiding place "Alright, alright, sorry I just had to! I shall make no excuses!" He smiles to the snowy distance, moving to her so they could look for the cave she had been checking about earlier, his dagger drawn and ready for combat!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zerva, seeing the cave, enters into a combat stance, his dagger held with a backhanded grip as his hiding skill triggers, making him harder to detect visually. For the moment he still left footprints in the snow, but once in the cave he figured he should be fine. "Great, let's see if we can kill whatever is inside." He smirks, moving forward while mindful not to do anything that would deactivate the skill early.

Zerva smiled as they moved through the damp and dark cave, his night vision making sure he didn't trip on anything. I the distance there was a small fire though, torches being lit by the local monsters it seemed. Deeper into the cave he could make out the form of Snow Goblins, short and ugly creatures. They had bleached looking skin, likely so they could move through the snow with more stealth, and crude weapons formed of stone. Since they were in a party together, Ruri could still make out where Zerva was despite his hiding, without using a searching or detection skill.

Seeing that Ruri was not going to be making the first move, he did. He moves to stand behind one of the goblins, dagger drawn and at the ready as he prepares to gives the humanoid monster a rude surprise. Using the element of surprise to his advantage the dagger cuts along the goblin's icy flesh, making it scream in simulated surprise while Zerva, now revealed to all, back-peddles away before it could turn around to strike him back

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin 7/10

((If you want to make it so other goblins are attracted to the fight you can, I have no issue.))

She smiled at the hit as she got out of the shadows, wielding her curved sword and charging at the figure a she did so, running toward him and jumping at the last moment. Unfortunately she has missed and instead, she had ran into the cave wall to the right, getting her sword out of the wall finally, she went back to Zerva's side.

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin 7/10

Zerva chuckled softly as he sees Ruri accidentally miss, his dagger being held tightly as he stares towards the goblin who was now very much aware of them both, swinging its stone axe wildly, clearly without any combat training of any sort. Zerva was easily able to block and defend it's wild swings this time, landing his own counter attack which sliced deeply into the goblin, giving it more than a little damage in his eyes.

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin 3/10

((My assumption is that the crit still only tacks on the +1 damage of my base attack, and doesn't go with my weapon's damage buffs... Someone correct me if I am wrong. No, seriously, I want someone to. 6 damage a crit would be awesome.))

With a smirk on his lips, which were sealed tight for fear of divine retribution from Ruri, he sees her running into the wall, shaking his head a bit and refocusing on the goblin. It had been doing rather poorly with him on the other hand, just one blow away from death! It was then the goblin managed to give him the slip, dodging out of the way off his dagger and leaving him fumbling out off surprise of the creature's nimble and fast movements despite its build!

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin 3/10

Zerva smiled to her and with a nod said "Good job, that's one down." He looked into the caves where more goblins were likely waiting. "Any preference on how many we should slay?" He takes a second to appreciate his dagger, looking the black blade over which was shaped like a small tanto. It most certainly was not a sword by any definition because of the short blade. "I am thinking a minimum of five. That sounds like a normal RPG amount." He gets ready to attack their second one regardless!

Zerva nodded in approval and said "Seven goblins, well, six now, and then a mini boss? Sounds like a plan!" He grips his dagger and sprints forward towards a goblin, dagger held and at the ready for the moment he came into range! The goblin's AI had other plans though, as it suddenly turned and started to walk aimlessly until Zerva slashes, making it turn around and make a little war cry at him, a second goblin coming from behind a stone pillar as if spawned by the cry.

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin1 10/10

Goblin2 10/10

Zerva saw them both fail, so he was not too badly upset by his own. With his dagger ready he aims to strike at the Goblin once again, hopefully with better results and much more damage to be had! With the goblin not dodging or evading very well this turn, his dagger scores a painful blow on the first goblin and making it yell at him in some gibberish language.

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin1 7/10

Goblin2 10/10

((No wonder you missed, there are no golems to be seen xD!))

She smiled as she decided to run forward again, her Blade in front of ehr and hopping at the last second. As she then opened her eyes and hoped to see either damage of a miss into another wall, which would be somewhat disappointing. She had gotten a hit of 3 damage, smiling at the damage points come off as she took the sword from the monster's chest running back to Zerva. "4 damage left!" She had yelled.

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin1 3/10

Goblin2 10/10

(OOC: Sorry for taking such a long time to reply.. @>@)

Zerva grinned while readying his dagger, happily announcing "Awesome, let's see if I can get lucky, then!" He holds his dagger tight and focuses his breath, trying to calm his nerves before pouncing towards the wounded goblin, disregarding the failed swings of its partner as he does so! Unfortunately it seemed his prey had better aim, managing to hit Zerva's blade as he swung, deflecting the blow while it flailed around (almost) uselessly! "Awww come on!" He says in disappointment.

Zerva 17/17

Ruri 45/45

Goblin1 4/10

Goblin2 10/10

((OOC: It's cool, just don't die fighting the boss!))