Melodie le Breton

Uzu01qh.jpg

Profile:
Username: Melodie le Breton 
Height: 4'9

Background:

Lily Kurily, is a rather interesting soul, she wants to be the hero, to charge in and save the day yet... Well she is deathly afraid of one single fact that she might be a complete coward. This has resulted in a rather odd aspect of her personality, where she is eager to volunteer herself to the aid of others or to take part in a quest or battle (all these things being online), less be being seen to hesitate or doubt, people call her out for her cowardice. She unfortunately tends to dwell on the negative aspects of her personality and her actions, rather than her more positive attributes. If she does something that others might consider brave, she believes it to be either sheer luck or because not doing that action would have had a near certain worse result. After all, a chance of near death is better than certain death. 

Back in the real world, Lily is very much the same person as she struggles with the different aspects of herself. She is intelligent and scored good grades in school, but was quiet and tended to have only a small circle of people she knew, rather than genuine friends. Lily might aspire to be a hero, but she never once stood up for anyone being picked on, thankful only to have not been noticed herself. At home, she would do her homework and then log on to the latest MMO to escape from the endless shouting matches between her parents. The online world was an escape, where she had friends, where she could be the hero than she so desperately wished to be. So as her parents continued their arguments, their daughter dreamed of escaping reality and found it harder and harder to deal with people in person. 

Everything was better hidden behind a protective screen after all. But then... The Nerve Gear dropped, incredible tech and hardware and somehow her parents bought her a set. She devoured every title that came out, regardless of it's quality. She tried in vain to become a beta tester for SAO but sadly it was not in the cards. However, she somehow managed to get hold of a copy of the game when it came out. Eagerly she booted up for what she felt certain would be the beginning of a bright future. If she could master the arts of communicating to others in game, where it looked like reality... Then well reality itself should be a cake walk right?

The game itself was amazing, but then she and all the others were teleported to the town of beginnings, where everything stopped. It became a game of death. Lily found herself frozen by indecision. Here was everything she ever wanted, a chance to be a hero, a chance for Lily to show her quality and step up. But what did she do? When the world came crashing down and the grim horrors of reality swarmed to face her? She shied away, dashing instead to the nearest tea shop for several cups till she steadied her nerves. After several days of isolating herself in her room, soul searching she decided to prove to herself that she wasn't a coward. Lily is leaving the town of beginnings to help beat this game. 

Virtues

[Humble]

By her very nature, Lily is quite humble, with a low opinion of her abilities and traits. She will never be one to brag of her victories, only talking about them when asked and stating her tales as plainly as possible. Even if she does perform some incredible feat, such a slaying a powerful monster, or passing a difficult exam, Lily will be modest about it, putting it down to luck or a happy accident rather than to any particular effort on her part. 

[Sympathetic]

Whilst she believes she lacks strengths, she understands what it means to be weak, to struggle, to fail, to need a helping hand. Anyone in need, will more often than not find her there, willing to do what she can to help, even if all that is needed is for her to listen. She may not always be able to help, but hopes that even her attempts to help, even if they fail or she gets yelled at for them will in someway aid. She is supportive and loyal to her friends, but is particularly sympathetic towards the top players and guilds commited to

[Cultured]

Due to her intelligence, Lily is highly cultured, well read in many famous and old books, but also highly knowledgeable on the lore of varies fantasy and science fiction genres. She is partly fluent in French, so her companions and or friends if they are able to get her to open up and talk, will be rewarded with an interesting conversation to say the least. She is fairly knowledgeable on history as well and could bore a player to death about history if someone made the mistake of getting her talking. 

Flaws

[Self Doubt]

Lily's worst enemy is her self doubt, the voice in the back of her head, always doubting her, always putting her down. It is this self doubt that is perhaps her most fatal flaw. It takes out her confidence, her self belief, labels her a coward, a label she struggled to escape in real life and in this game. Lily's self doubt prevents her often from suggesting ideas or plans of her own, preferring to keep her opinions to herself. Though she might volunteer herself for a position in a battle or a role, she will feel that it is not deserved and there are better choices. On the other hand, if other players picked her for a role, the doubt would misinterpret that as a pity position for her weaknesses or that she is in fact unworthy of it. 

[Coward]

Lily views herself as a coward and this belief that she is a coward tends to force her, in game at least to volunteer for dangerous situations, like taking the battle to the mobs. The fear of dying and fear of failure, combined with the fear that she is in fact a coward eats at her each time she leaves a safe zone or whilst she lies awake at night, wondering what tomorrow might bring. Lily wants to be brave and confident, to be a hero so badly yet her private fears tighten around her after every battle. 

[Paranoid]

"If you think they are out to get you, it means you matter." A quote from one of Lily's favorite book series, neatly sums up her sense of paranoia. She developed perhaps as a result of bullying during her early school years or as a result of her anxious nature, an unfortunate streak of paranoia. It did not help that her new game, has trapped her inside it and turned it into a game of life or death. Lily worries  far too much what others think about her, that they whisper negatively behind her back, that maybe the players aren't her friends and only have her around because she is useful at the time etc. Lily tries to tell herself that such thoughts are merely negative thoughts, but that does not stop them. 

Skills:

Straight Sword Skill - Rank: Master | 30 SP

Spoiler

► +2A Straight Sword - Master | 30 SP
-- +7 Base Damage

Rank 1

[x4] ST-I (4 EN) | A single-target sword art.

[x3] AOE-I (1 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.

[x4] TECH-A (5 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Rank 2

[x6] ST-I (6 EN) | A single-target sword art.

[x5] AOE-I (5 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.

[x6] TECH-A (7 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Rank 3

[x8] ST-I (8 EN) | A single-target sword art.

[x11] ST-II (11 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.

[x7] AOE-I (7 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.

[x8] TECH-A (9 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Rank 4

[x10] ST-I (10 EN) | A single-target sword art.

[x13] ST-II (13 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.

[x17] ST-B (17 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn rolled a natural CD9+.

[x9] AOE-I (9 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.

[x12] AOE-II (12 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used the previous turn and successfully struck an enemy or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.

[x10] TECH-A (11 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Rank 5

[x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.

[x15] ST-II (15 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.

[x20] ST-B (20 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+.

[x11] AOE-I (11 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.

[x14] AOE-II (14 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.

[x12] TECH-A (13 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

[x12] TECH-B (12 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

Inventory:

New Character Bundle: [Set B | DPS Package:]

• Rare Weapon of choice
  • (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
  • 2,500 Col and (10) Materials

Equipment

Rare Straight Sword + 2 Accuracy

3,800 col

Consumables

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

(5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP. (Quest)
(1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.(Quest)
(1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.(Quest)
(1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of Maximum HP(Quest)

Roleplay Log:

[TAG] A saga worthy of song. I hope. | <<Quest Title>> | COMPLETED
[TAG] Thread Name | <<Quest Title>> | STATUS
[TAG] Thread Name | <<Quest Title>> | STATUS

Level: 6
Tier: 1
HP: 120
EN: 30
Dmg: 8 (R5 Weapon Skill)
Acc:  2(Gear: weapon)

Edited by Melodie le Breton