[SP-F03] Catch and Release <<Captured>>

Post Action: AoE-I vs Bandits (17 Fatigue)

Spoiler

ID: 203074 (Bandit 4)
BD: 7 Hit! |  15*11 = 165 - 40 = 125 Damage
MD: 2 Miss!

ID: 203075 (Bandit 5)
BD: 7 Hit! |  15*11 = 165 - 40 = 125 Damage
MD: 7 Hit! | 100 - 104 = 1 (Minimum) Damage

ID: 203076 (Bandit 6)
BD: 10 Major Crit! |  17*11 = 187 - 40 = 147 Damage
MD: 10 Major Crit! | 102 - 104 = 1 (Minimum) Damage

She shifted forward, the young woman holding her weapon at the ready.  These bandits weren't ready for a fight, she could tell, but she still didn't want to cause any notice that would lead them back toward Kagamine.  Instead, she took a half step forward toward the bandits, and then once she was close enough to strike, she began to exhale.

As she did, a small bit of frost came with that breath.  She frowned slightly, unsure what was going on, but she didn't at all hesitate as the woman raised her weapon, slamming it down into one of the bandits.  A band of frost followed along with the attack before she let out a blast of cold from her entire body, radiating outward from her core and slamming into the other two of the bandits.  They recovered quickly, but their counter attacks did little to her, the heavily armored woman's eyes narrowing in annoyance as she saw the two of them.

"I'm gonna, like, turn you guys into snowmen!" she called out, and the temperature around her began to plummet slightly, not that she had noticed at all, the snowflakes beginning to descend around her as she gripped her blade more tightly.
------
Bandit 4 | HP: 225/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1 
Bandit 5 | HP: 225/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
Bandit 6 | HP: 203/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1 

Astreya | HP: 563/565 | EN: 53/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 4/5

3/6 Defeated

Post Action: Concentration + AoE-II vs Bandits (20 Fatigue)

Spoiler

ID: 203139 vs Bandit 4
BD: 5(+4) = 9 Hit!  15*14 = 210 - 40 = 170 Damage
MD: 3+1 (Miss!)

ID: 203140 vs Bandit 5
BD: 2(+4) = 6 Hit! 15*14 = 210 - 40 - 170 Damage
MD: 2+1 (Miss!)

ID: 203141 vs Bandit 6
BD: 6(+4) = 10 Hit! 15*14 =210 - 40 = 170 Damage
MD: 4+1 (Miss!)

The woman's eyes were flecked with frost as she held her weapon more tightly, but she didn't even really bother to let herself shift into a sword art stance.  She almost felt like...she didn't need to?  She didn't really know what was going on, but there was definitely something different happening here from how she would normally fight.  The frost and snow built up around her, and the young woman's eyes narrowed, another exhale of breath had become visible, as if the temperature around them was continuing to drop.

Unbeknownst to her, it was.

Astreya gave a small sound of effort, and as she did so, the cold energy whipped around her, and she released it all outward in a wide arc, slamming into the bandits as a whole, bombarding them with ice and snow.  They gave startled sounds of confusion and pain as the icy winds blasted around her, causing them all to stumble backward away from her.

"I don't know what's going on...but you guys are gonna feel it!" Astreya called, the woman's energy starting to drop a bit- she'd have to finish this soon.

------

Bandit 4 | 
HP: 55/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1 
Bandit 5 | HP: 55/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
Bandit 6 | HP: 33/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1 

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 36/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 0/5 

3/6 Defeated

Post Action: AoE-I vs Bandits (17 Fatigue)

Spoiler

ID: 203171 vs Bandit 4
BD: 8(+3) = 11 Hit!  15*11 = 165 - 40 = 125 Damage (Defeated!)
MD: N/A

ID: 20372 vs Bandit 5
BD: 6(+3) = 9 Hit! 15*11 = 165 - 40 = 125 Damage (Defeated!)
MD: N/A

ID: 203173 vs Bandit 6
BD: 8(+3) = 11 Hit!  15*11 = 165 - 40 = 125 Damage (Defeated!)

The woman let out a call of frustration and aggression both as the bandits struggled to move against the onslaught of ice and snow against her, and she shot forward, using the cold to finally find the opening that she needed to end the fight.  She had to remind herself that these were NPCs.  Even though they were humans, and that made it a lot... more difficult for her to stomach as she had to eliminate these three.  There was something about taking down a humanoid foe that just made it... a little too real.

But she had a boy and his mother depending on her.  She couldn't hesitate- she had to do this.

Astreya swung her blade at the closest bandit, eliminating the last of its HP before she turned slightly on the ball of her foot, pulling on her cheerleading skills, launching a secondary attack at the next, putting the bandit out of its misery.  The cleaving attack sent the second bandit to the ground and she leapt upward, pulling her weapon up over her head before striking downward with the entire weight of the weapon, ending the third and final bandit, leaving her panting with the exertion.

----------------------------------

Bandit 4 | 
HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1 
Bandit 5 | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
Bandit 6 | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1 

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 22/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 1/5 

6/6 Defeated.  Hurray!

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 25/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 2/5 

As the attack ended, and she felt the HUD starting to retract slightly from her as the combat followed suit, she stood up, exhaling softly.  She shifted a bit, sheathing the blade back over her shoulder before looking down at her hands.  She had...no idea where all the ice and frost and cold and everything had come from.  She hadn't done anything like that before.  It hadn't been so absolutely cold that it was harming or restricting that it would have done any frostbite-level damage to the bandits.

She frowned, watching her hands as she closed them again, waiting to see if the ice returned... but it didn't.  She watched them for a moment longer, as if expecting it to suddenly change... but nothing happened.  "Well... I guess as long as it, like works," she murmured, before she exhaled softly, turning to look over her shoulder at where Kagamine was still waiting for her to finish fighting.  "It's all clear.  You can, like, come on now!" she called to the boy, just waiting for him to come along with her.  They still had to find their way out of here... and there was a lot still to go.

6/6 Defeated.  Hurray!

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 28/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 3/5 

As she called, there was a sound from behind her, and the boy came out from behind where he was hiding, looking over at where Astreya stood.  The room was empty now, with the bandits having just faded away as they were just NPCs.  "Did you...beat all of them?  I stayed back like you told me," Kagamine spoke, frowning as he looked to the woman.

"Yeah!  Took them all out, no sweat!" Astreya returned with a grin, glancing back at the boy.  "Same kinda thing though coming up.  I'm gonna take point, you hide.  I'll deal with whatever's, like, coming up.  There's probably a few more bandits on the way to get out of here," the girl responded with a small smile. "So like, just keep back and stay safe, and I'll smash whatever's in our way, okay?" she asked.

There was a dangerous sort of certainty in the way that she spoke.  If things went wrong... that would all be on her.  But she'd make sure that nothing went wrong.  She'd put herself up front and center.  There likely weren't that many bandits left.  If she could just clear out the rest of the path... they'd be home free.

6/6 Defeated.  Hurray!

However, there were no other guards that Astreya could find.  No one else rose up to greet them and they merely moved from one place to another in the darkness of the hideout.  She frowned as she moved, the young woman swallowing softly as she gripped the hilt of her blade.  This whole place made her feel  ill-at-ease.

"Hey... I appreciate you killing all those bandits and getting me out of here," the boy, Kagamine, spoke, and Astreya frowned, glancing back at him.

"Yeah, no problem," she murmured, even though it was kind of one.  She didn't really like going after these NPCs that looked like people.  It reminded her a little too much of the players that Freyd had killed.  They weren't good people, but they were still humans, and now they were both dead. 

Of course, she didn't blame Freyd for what he did, not in the slightest.  But it was still... scary.  It hurt her to think that people were dead because of her, and these NPCs only exacerbated that discomfort.

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 4/5 

6/6 Defeated.  Hurray!

Post Action: ST-I vs Bandit Leader - 12 EN

Spoiler

ID: 203174 vs Bandit Leader
BD: 8+3=11 Hit!  12*15 = 180 - 60 = 120 Damage!
CD: 12 | ST-B Active!
MD: 2 Miss!

It didn't take long before they'd moved further into the compound, and before too much longer, Astreya could see something that looked like sunlight up ahead... but as she drew closer, she could see there was also someone standing in the way.  "You stay here.  I'll deal with whoever's up ahead.  You just wait here," Astreya spoke, the woman's usual manner of speech beginning to drop as she found herself a little more concerned with her own issues at the moment than she was with getting Kagamine out of here.  

As soon as Kagamine had found himself a good hiding place, she nodded before holding her weapon at the ready, and began to move, sprinting forward toward the woman.  

"Looks like a couple of rats-" she spoke, looking like she was going to begin into a monologue of some kind, likely pre-programmed by the game, but Astreya didn't even bother to listen.  Astreya slammed her blade into the bandit, sending her stumbling backward.  The frosty woman gave a small cry of aggression as she felt the cold once more wrapping around her... and she could see her weapon starting to condense with frost once more.  She'd use that just again.

-------

Bandit Leader | HP: 480/600 | DMG: 125 (150 on a 9-10) | MIT: 60 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 58/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 5/5 

Post Action: Concentration + ST-B vs Bandit Leader - 20 EN

Spoiler

ID: 203175 vs Bandit Leader
BD: 9+3=11 Crit!  20*16 = 320 - 60 = 260 Damage!
MD: 6 Hit! 125 - 104 = 21 Damage!

Astreya's weapon was practically glowing with frost energy, and she had no idea what was going on... but she wasn't going to wait to figure it out.  Once she was out of here with Kagamine she would take the time to figure it out.  The power contained therein would give her more than enough power to just break through the bandit leader's guard.  "Let's see you monologue this!" Astreya called, darting forward and following up the attack she'd just launched with another overhead swing.

The frost on the blade shattered as it slammed into the other woman, creating a whole new concussive force explosion as she did so.  All the same, she realized that the bandit leader wasn't down and out yet, and despite the wounds on her body and the massive dip in her health, stood up and shoved Astreya back before launching her own strike.  

Astreya groaned as the attack hit her, and the blow hit, the force behind it actually moving her backwards a few steps.  "What?" the woman murmured aloud as she managed to regain her footing, looking at the other as the bandit leader managed to get back to her feet.  "That's...all right," she spoke.  "I'm not done yet!"

----------

Bandit Leader | HP: 220/600 | DMG: 125 (150 on a 9-10) | MIT: 60 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Astreya | HP: 544/565 | EN: 41/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 0/5 

Post Action: Concentration + ST-I vs Bandit Leader - 12 EN 2 EN (I missed)

Spoiler

ID:203176
BD: 2+3 Miss!
MD: 7

Hit! 125 - 104 = 21 Damage!

However, it seemed that Astreya was, in fact, done with the way that the fight was going, at least in the current moment.  The Bandit Leader glowed for a half second, almost seeming to do a Sword Art of her own and whirled the weapon around, aiming to strike it into Astreya's body... but at the last second turned the blade, the flat striking her with all the force of the normal attack, but with it, she felt her body lock up.

"A stun? Astreya managed out, the young woman's body shivering under the strain of the status effect.  The bandit leader didn't seem to be taking advantage of the sudden benefit, but instead began to move past the woman, heading back down toward the way that she'd come in.  As she did so, the young woman realized that the bandit leader was after Kagamine.  No way- she couldn't lose after coming this far..!

---------

Bandit Leader | HP: 220/600 | DMG: 125 (150 on a 9-10) | MIT: 60 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Astreya | HP: 544/565 | EN: 42/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1
Concentration: 1/5 

Post Action: Concentration + ST-I vs Bandit Leader - 12 EN

Spoiler

ID: 203177
BD: 8+3 Hit!  15*12 = 180 - 60 = 120 Damage!
MD: 3 Miss!

She forced herself to move, and while it wasn't nearly enough to actually let herself get close to the bandit leader, she at least had enough mobility to swing her blade.  Of course, the Bandit Leader wasn't near her, and the attack should have, by all rights, missed.  But as Astreya swung, frost sprung from the tip of the blade, hurtling outward toward the bandit leader, striking the woman across the side and shoulder, sending her stumbling backward a bit away from the hallway, and giving enough time for Astreya to actually start to break loose from the Stun.

"Look, I know you captured Kagamine and you wanna, like, ransom him, or whatever?  But his mom totally doesn't have enough money so just cut it out!" she called out toward the leader of the bandits, before she managed to move a bit more, steadily breaking out of the Stun and leaving her without the status effect still lingering over her.  She exhaled slowly, lifting her blade toward the Bandit Leader.  "Just... stop this already.  I don't want to have to cut you down too," the girl spoke, but it didn't seem to matter as the other woman readied her weapon in response.

-----------

Bandit Leader | HP: 100/600 | DMG: 125 (150 on a 9-10) | MIT: 60 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 33/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1

Post Action: Concentration + ST-I vs Bandit Leader - 12 EN

Spoiler

ID: 203178
BD: 3+3 Hit!  12*15 = 180 - 60 = 120 Damage!  Defeated!

Astreya's hands tightened on the hilt of her weapon as she began to move slightly, steadily putting herself closer toward the entrance that she had come in from, trying to make sure that she was between where the boss of this area was, and Kagamine was located.  She needed to make sure that she was in the way.  She couldn't let the boy get hurt, let alone killed.  The movements of the Bandit Leader told her that the woman was actually starting to lose out on her ability to fight.  Astreya could tell the Bandit's health bar was getting low... and by proxy, hers was fine.

Still, she couldn't deny that there was a rush in this fight, even if she hated it.  She didn't want to do this to another humanoid individual.  NPC or not, she hated being the one on the attacking end.  "Just...stop already," Astreya spoke, but the bandit leader had no words, and instead lunged forward with an overhand strike, leading to Astreya smoothly side-stepping the attack before thrusting the blade forward, dealing the final blow and killing the bandit leader in a single, smooth stroke.

Emotion welled up inside her throat as she watched the other woman slide off of her blade to the ground...before she began to vanish, steadily fading away.

------------

LootID: 203179 (4*600 = 2400 Col)
CD: 1 (2 Mats)
LD: 7 (2 Mats)

Bandit Leader | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 125 (150 on a 9-10) | MIT: 60 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Astreya | HP: 565/565 | EN: 24/70 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 104 | BH: 22 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 0 | TAUNT: 1

The young woman's chest heaved up and down in both fear and exertion as she struggled to get in a breath.  It all being digital didn't seem to matter.  She just...she couldn't deal, right now.  She needed some time to herself.  But there wasn't that time as Kagamine poked his head through the doorway as soon as the silence reached his ears.  "Are you...did you do it?"

Astreya stared at the place where the body had been, and she couldn't help but to swallow softly.  What if that had been another player?  Could she have done that?  Just as easily as Freyd had?  Breathing in through her nose, she put on a brave smile.  It didn't matter that Kagamine was an NPC.  "I did!  We did it!  Now let's get out of here, kay?" she offered with a grin, just trying to ignore the bile rising up in her throat, the emotion fake as it was.

The walk out of the bandit's hideout had given Astreya a fair amount of time to just... rest and recover her mind.  To just relax and let things start to fall to the wayside.  Things were still too fresh in her mind to have a normal response to it all, and instead just covered up any of the attempts at conversation with smiles and hand-waives, not able to really engage in any conversation deeper than a drop.  Thankfully, Kagamine was an NPC, and didn't press at all.

Soon, they had arrived back and Issela, his mother, seemed absolutely ecstatic that he had returned unharmed.  "Thank you!  Thank you so much!  I don't know what I would've done without you," the woman called, looking to Astreya.

"Y-yeah!  No problem!  I'm glad I could, like, help!" the woman responded, a grin on her face, even if the look of pain on the face of the bandits, and their leader, stayed in her mind.  "He's back safe and sound!" she called.

"This is all I was able to get together.  Please, take it!  I insist!" she added, and Astreya, too distraught to really argue, merely nodded again, ignoring the quest completion message she'd received.  This... wasn't what she's signed on for.  But here it was, nonetheless...

A victory?  Truly?  With that much murder on her blade?