[F1 - SP] Gathering, Gathering...Gathering? | <<Earning a Living: Forager>>

Nari smiled to herself as her sword struck – even though the boar managed to slip past her own defences, she had clearly had the stronger strike. Along its side was a large tear that glowed blue – marking where her sword had sliced along its body. In return, the boar had managed to slam into her beneath her shield, driving the edge of its tusk into her thigh as it did so – something that Nari barely even registered as she pulled away from the creature.

Stepping back from the boar once more, Nari took a breath, relaxing her muscles and settling back into her ready stance. The tip of her blade quivered – not with exhaustion, but with excitement at the battle at hand. Her very core was calm, far different from how she felt in the days past. She knew that the battle was bringing out who she truly was – or who she truly thought she should be, and the thought of it excited her. Here, she was powerful – unstoppable. This is who she strived to be.

As the boar charged her again, Nari held her ground, the point of the blade aimed directly at it’s face, waiting for it to impale itself upon her blade, rather than meeting it in the headlong charge it was attempting.

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 6 | HP: 119/120 | EN: 25/30 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0

Boar | HP 5/12 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0

Round One

ID203314 | BD: 9 + 2 = 11 | MD: 1 | <<Basic Attack vs. Boar>>

• The strike hits! Major critical hit! (+2 DMG)
    • | 7 + 2 = 9 DMG | Keen (+2 to BD)
  • The boar is defeated!

Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 6 | HP: 119/120 | EN: 25/30 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0

Boar | HP 0/12 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0

Spoiler

Word Count: 216

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Content with what she had found on this creature’s demise, Nari turned and made her way back across the fields, deciding that she had done more than enough for today. Her muscles were beginning to protest, and she knew that she needed to call it quits before she did something stupid. ‘In this game, you can’t take stupid risks, else it could very well be the last thing you ever do.’

It didn’t take her long to make her way back to the wagon – which she found exactly where she had left it, much to her surprise. The green-clad woman appeared from within upon Nari’s approach, clearly signifying that some sort of proximity sensor let the NPC know that Nari had returned.

“I’ve got the shard that you said I should find…” Nari said, pulling the demonic shard from her inventory and presenting it to the woman. The NPC seemed to take a quick glance at it, before smiling at Nari in return.

“So you've found a Demonic Shard! You continue to impress me. I'll confess, you've learned all that I could teach you through this single quest. Trial by fire has always been my preferred style.” Grinning now, the pretty blonde holds out her hand. “As payment for your troubles, why don't you keep the Shard? I will be needing the compass back, however. Next time you hunt for a Shard, you will have to earn it the hard way - with your own skill!”

Nari sighed at the NPC’s final words, realising that it would never be as easy as it had just been. She knew it was far too much to hope for, but she was just happy she was done yet another one of these quests – at least now she should have an easier time finding materials for her blacksmithing…or so she hoped.

Spoiler

Word Count: 307

Thread Summary

Nari-Lanreth:

• 1,104 EXP total | 300 EXP [QUEST] + 805 [Thread Progression]
  • 400 col
  • <<Forager>> Profession
  • Demonic Shard (1)
  • (2) Tier 1 Crafting Materials
Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Adjustment for boars - non-lootable.