[F08 – PP] When the Void Calls | <<Monkey King>>

She’d struck… something. Her brow furrowed slightly as she considered the answer. She agreed, a fight should remain focused, but she wasn’t entirely sure she agreed with remaining silent. Sometimes there were things that needed to be said. Sometimes…

“I’m not sure I was expecting anything…it’s more than I thought you’d say.” Far more than she’d expected, based off previous experience. “One of these days I’ll have to meet them. To figure out whom I’ll fight alongside, when the time comes.”

She didn’t bother to blunt the words, or to try and make it sound like anything other than what it was – her intent to find her way into the next boss fight. One way or another, she’d make it there. She knew it.

“You say they tend to talk a lot, as if it’s a bad thing. But maybe the reason they fight so well is because they talk so much. There’s something to be said about connections. Koga said…”

She slammed her mouth shut, releasing she had almost let slip something like told to her in confidence. She wouldn’t be the one to break that, not after everything else she’d done already.

“You mentioned we had to find a… Swallus? Is that an NPC? Do we have to drag someone along with us? I hate when we have to do that…”

Spoiler

Word Count: 223

'To pick whom to fight alongside'...

NIGHT pondered on that for a moment. Wondered if it was meant in a realistic manner or a selfish one. She didn't speak of it as they continued to move; rather, she kept her eyes on the guard house, once she was certain Nari was satisfied with her answer.

“You say they tend to talk a lot, as if it’s a bad thing. But maybe the reason they fight so well is because they talk so much."

In her haze, she began to interject. "Like what, shonen protagonists?" A snort, voice half altered, and a clenched fist raised shaking to her chest. "'My friends are my power, so you'll never defeat us!'" Her facade was released in a matter of seconds. "... That kind of thing?"

"There’s something to be said about connections. Koga said…”

And though she hadn't been taking the conversation seriously, either, her attention peaked at the mention of her friend. "Koga?" NIGHT tilted her head in the way curious cats do, stopping in her tracks. Just by their side was their destination after all, but she figured in Nari's perpetual isolation, Koga was the last person she'd figured the woman would turn to. Plus, with the way Nari had a hand over her mouth...

"What did Koga say?"

“You mentioned we had to find a… Swallus? Is that an NPC? Do we have to drag someone along with us?"

NIGHT squinted at her companion. A change in topic? Definitely a secret to hide.

"Oh, he's inside," she mentioned, nodding towards the building in earnest, arms folded with her weight shifted to one foot. "We'll drag him along if you want to. There's a skill to unlock if we were to do so. It might be useful for you in the future."

"But, you know," NIGHT continued musing, feet etching out lines in the dirt with the tip of her shoes, "speaking about personal topics with strangers around would be very rude to the uninvited party." Every emphasis was punctuated with an exaggerated voice, almost dragged out in melody, though bemusement was absent from the player's eyes. So too was any presence of malice. "So before I go talk to him, why don't you tell me what Koga said to you?"

Her eyes lingered on the guard house, wondering if she could slide past and inside. She had already made a single mistake, bringing Koga’s name into it all. Perhaps…

No, she knew NIGHT wasn’t going to let this sit idle. She’d force it out, one way or another. Nari knew she really didn’t have much of a choice now. Shifting awkwardly on her feet, she stared at the ground as she spoke, the dark violet hair covering most of her face.

“He… told me that we’re all in this fight together. That we aren’t alone.” It wasn’t much, nor was it the whole truth, but it wasn’t a lie either. “You laugh at the others, at the fact that they act the heroes. Sure, to some of them it might be fun and games – but maybe, just maybe that’s what gets them through it all. To you, it’s all serious. No laughter, no time for joy. For some… for some, that’s what they call hell. So maybe, that laughing, joking and acting they do, is how they handle watching their friends explode into shards, before drifting away on the wind to become nothing more than a memory.”

Her voice carried no emotion, as if she were simply stating a fact. A brief second of silence passed, Nari shifting on her feet. Unable to bear it any longer, she pushed past NIGHT – trying to remain as gentle as possible – and went into the guard house. She was surprised but what she found, the man inside not what she had been expecting. A quick conversation left her with what she was sure was going to be a migraine later on, and far after what she had hoped it would take, she was back outside. The green armoured individual having followed her outside.

“If you’re ready, lead the way.” Nari spoke to the air, unsure of whom she should be directing the statement towards. Without any apparent hesitation, the NPC headed off, moving with a quicker pace than Nari would’ve expected. “Huh. I guess… that way then.”

The mumbled words were likely only heard by herself. A quick glance at her party member, before heading off, still trying to figure out where things had landed.

Spoiler

Word Count: 372

A coping mechanism?

NIGHT stiffened at the idea. Almost brought the taste of vile to her mouth at the thought. After all, she'd heard and seen what had actually been said and done on the front. To make a speech in light of 'playing hero' while trying to assert their presence over everyone else, claiming that the matter of life and death wasn't a light subject? That had to be some irony at its finest. Her eyes only narrowed once Nari had pushed past her, still ruminating on the idea. From someone who hadn't been in that setting before, she could only assume naivety at best.

So she dropped that aspect and thought hard about her image perceived.

"... It’s all serious. No laughter, no time for joy."

Likewise, she didn't like hearing about someone else's thoughts on her demeanor, either. Clenched teeth and a hardened look, NIGHT pushed herself to rest against the wall and wait patiently for her companion to return.

“He… told me that we’re all in this fight together. That we aren’t alone.”

Just the same, she wondered what else the man had told Nari that incited a reaction like this.

When the warrior finally stepped out with Sewallus in tow, she gave the order for him to move, and so did he obey. Likewise, without words, she stepped into line with the man, and only hummed in question when she felt Nari's gaze land on her as they moved.

Moments passed in silence as they followed the NPC towards their goal. Nari had stopped focusing on the surroundings, trying to figure out her next words best. She knew she had never been great at communicating – Evelyn had just as often told her that, as anything else – but she didn’t like the sour mood that had taken over their trip.

“Look. I.. Don’t want you to think that I’m… was. That I was saying that you need to change. Or that your way of dealing with all of this is wrong, for you. My point was… everyone handles it differently. I… I shut myself off. From the… bad memories, when I can…” Hesitation in her words again, an almost tearful sound to the edge of them. Nari bit back the feeling, pushing onwards as much as it hurt. “I still see the faces of those I’ve lost, every time I try to sleep. Which hasn’t been often, these past few weeks. It haunts me. And… for me, it pushes me forward. But for some people… some people can’t do that. Some people need to pretend it’s all still a game. Otherwise they break. Otherwise they can’t go on. All I’m saying is… I don’t know. I haven’t been in the front lines, but from what I’ve seen of some of the players back here… I don’t think they could carry on if they didn’t find small bits of happiness in stupid places.”

The image of the pig farm incident flashed through her mind. She had thought it idiotic when she’d first seen it. But the way they had all been laughing…

“I envy them. The ones who can still laugh and joke. The ones who can still see the bright side of life.” There was no resentment, no jealousy, no depression in her voice. Just the factual statement, left to hang on the air.

Spoiler

Word Count: 314

"..."

Silence from the woman as they kept walking. NIGHT listened, as she always did, eyes still cast to the dirt as they weaved between different paths through the forest. She considered those words in her quiet, shuffling along. It wasn't fair to her that she should be lectured over something mentioned off-handedly when she was certain they were out to achieve some other goal. If she'd wanted a sermon, she might've signed up for one via the proper channels.

To pretend as a coping mechanism was still dangerous, maybe even more so, than having one's head on the line. She didn't like it just the same.

“I envy them. The ones who can still laugh and joke. The ones who can still see the bright side of life.”

NIGHT raised her head, her voice a little cutting, a little frigid, a little tense. "Then you should be getting out more instead of staying inside all the time," she echoed, sentiment hollow between the branches and the leaves. "Take on their perspective of life, instead of seeing through your lens all the time."

Her eyes finally fell upon the woman, but she wasn't all there. Only darkness was present.

"That's what you were trying to tell me, weren't you?"

Nari shrugged, both physically and mentally. She knew the hypocrisy of what she was saying, how she was talking about envy and yet admitted she’d kept herself away.

“Maybe. Why do you think I’m here? It’s not just getting it though. Ever since…” Another falter in her words, swallowing back the emotions that threatened to rise. “Ever since I lost Evelyn I’ve been different. I don’t know if I can feel joy anymore. I want to, but… we don’t always get what we want.”

Their guide seemed to have come to a stop ahead of them, and Nari slowed herself, not ready to stop the conversation quite yet.

“Maybe in time I’ll get there, but right now… right now I think I’m still in need of solace.” She rolled her glaive out of the crook if her elbow, letting the weapon drop into her left palm in a smooth, well practiced motion. Her expression turned into one of stoic determination, glancing about four any sign of what they were supposed to fight. She saw no immediate threat, but trusted that the NPC knew where it was supposed to go. Without looking at NIGHT, she’ll softly whisper, “I think we’re here. I know you’re a capable fighter, but let me handle the front, okay?”

Spoiler

Word Count: 213

NIGHT said nothing in return to her query. Only shot Nari a glance, before looking upwards, knowing that the threat they were to face would be bigger than them.

And the rest of the time between Wu Kong's appearance felt transitory. Almost as though incited by treason, Sewallus would begin by unsheathing his weapon -- a two-handed battle axe -- and examine his surroundings on guard. NIGHT thought nothing of the theatrics Cardinal had in play. Heightened senses would tell her their threat was coming in from above.

So from on high it did arrive. A giant leap, the Monkey King dropping down from the skies, enveloping the area in shade before immediate darkness, all at once -- what ruptured from the earth at its landing was a great cloud of dust and a felling of the trees presumed static in the area. With a roar, Sewallus was first to move, and despite not having made their own just yet, the party would know from their interface that he would be the ire of the boss' attacks.

Not that it mattered to NIGHT. Instead, her mind was still someplace else. Thinking, where food for thought had been given. Contemplating.

Stuck. Stuck in the past, they'd become.

“Maybe in time I’ll get there, but right now… right now I think I’m still in need of solace.”

That's what she'd been told. So right now...

('Solace'. Were their definitions aligned right?)

"... What am I supposed to do with this information, exactly...?"

It was a question that seemed rhetorical, the way NIGHT had said it. Spoken with half disdain, half contempt, all it was to the woman were words that underlined more confusion, less understanding. A quick draw of her blade was enough to create a rift through Wu Kong's torso once the monster had landed -- hell, it didn't even seem to have time to prepare its attack against the party just yet. That flash of light once blue soon quickly faded to a white scar, hatched with red, and the player's attention turned back to her companion.

"You could've taken your solace quietly, without words, if you so wanted it. So why tell me this? ... Why now?"

Spoiler

SEWALLUS -> HOWL
NIGHT -> TECH-A

ID204208 | BD6+3+1 = 10 | TECH-A vs Monkey King

-12 EN.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG
264 - 60 = 204 DMG
Monkey King is stunned!

Monkey King | HP: 446/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

[5] SewallusHP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER
[1] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]
[0] Nari-Lanreth | HP: 700/700 | EN: 82/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS: 72 | BLEED: 48

HOWL | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
SHATTER | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

NIGHT leapt forward suddenly, slashing out at…something. Nari wasn’t quite sure what it was supposed to be, but it sure as hell didn’t resemble a monkey to her. The roar from their NPC companion had drawn Nari’s attention only briefly, and she felt the mask slip over her – the concentration that came from the battle ready state she always entered. The glaive slipped forward, held loosely in her palm as she set her shield, letting the weapon lay flat along its top – the point aimed directly at the…thing that they were fighting.

Three steady breaths, and a sudden forward slide. Nari pushed the weapon forward, letting the violet blade do the talking for her. She kept her eyes focused on the creature, watching and waiting for the counter she knew was eventually coming – once that stun effect wore off. She would be ready for it, ready to jump in the way should it decide to target herself or NIGHT.

‘For one who complains about others taking time to talk during battle…’ She kept the words in her head, refusing to let the idle chatter distract her from the goal. "Switch."

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 3 | HP: 700/700 | EN: 82/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BLEED [48 DMG]

[1] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]

[5] Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER

HOWL | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
SHATTER | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

----

Monkey King | HP: 446/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

ID204226 | BD: 10 + 3 = 13 | <<Tech-B vs. Monkey King>>

| The strike hits! Major Critical Hit! (+2 DMG)

| (8 + 2) x 16 = 160 - 60 = 100 DMG

| Monkey King [Delay; -1 ACC 1 turn]; [Bleed; 48 DMG 1/2 turns]

Monkey King | HP: 298/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

----

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 3 | HP: 700/700 | EN: 70/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BLEED [48 DMG]

[1] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 134/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]

[5] Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER

Spoiler

Word Count: 190

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Still thinking. Still lost. Still--

As NIGHT eyes searched the environment for answers, she barely heard the order for an ancient technique. The command barely even registered in her brain, the player still festering, lamenting. Even in speech, was she still being left behind now?

Dark pupils met Nari's figure. Sharp teeth bared.

"You hadn't answered me yet."

It was only when the Monkey King started to shift out of its paused position that the woman realized the gravity of their situation. Sure, they were in the midst of a fight, but with the target once slain before, it was barely enough to pose a threat in NIGHT's mind. Though the order echoed in her head once again when her gaze lifted to see the raised fist of the creature, ready for a pummeling.

She needed a hit in for a switch.

Though her blade had already been drawn, a rush inwards for an accurate wasn't going to cut it. Too slow.

Spoiler

SEWALLUS -> ATTACK 
NIGHT -> AOE-I

ID204263 | BD3 | ATTACK vs Monkey King
ID204262 | BD1 | AOE-I vs Monkey King*
* typo'd in roll purpose.

-2 EN.

Monkey King | HP: 298/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | [BLEEDING: 48 (1/2)]

If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

[5] Sewallus HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER
[1] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 124/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 2/3]
[2] Nari-Lanreth | HP: 700/700 | EN: 69/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS: 72 | BLEED: 48

HOWL | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
SHATTER | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

Nari watched as the girl seemed lost in thought for a moment, as if waiting for something. A twitch of annoyance on her face as the girl asked yet another question, seemingly ignoring the fight. ‘For one who likes to lecture about remaining focused…

Nari turned herself back to the fight, putting the less than impressive actions of her two companions out of her mind as she readied herself. The beast had begun to move again, and Nari saw its focus turning towards their NPC companion. A sudden protective urge came over Nari, and she felt herself preparing to intercept the beast. Bringing her shield off to her right side slightly, she angled the glaive slightly upwards, preparing to slam it forward into the beast, hoping that the dangers hidden within her weapon and shield would bring its attention back to her.

Nari felt herself enter the emotionless void that was her battle stance in truth, her expression of contempt and annoyance slipping away to a façade of emptiness. Her movements were fluid, her focus entirely on the creature they needed to end. No sound came from her as she rushed forwards, trying to put herself between it and her companions.

Spoiler

ID204264 | CD: 12 | Recovery | Success [+8 EN]

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 3 | HP: 700/700 | EN: 82/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BLEED [48 DMG]

[1] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 124/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]

[5] Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER

HOWL | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
SHATTER | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

----

Monkey King | HP: 298/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

ID204265 | BD: 2 + 3 = 5 | MOB: 4 + 2 = 6 | <<RAW-A vs. Monkey King>>

| The strike misses! (-1 EN)

| Bleed [48 DMG; 2/2 turns]

| The Monkey King hits Sewallus!

| 150 - 50 = 100 DMG

Monkey King | HP: 250/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | STUNNED

----

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 3 | HP: 700/700 | EN: 81/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BLEED [48 DMG]

[1] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 124/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]

[5] Sewallus | HP: 300/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER

Spoiler

Word Count: 201

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

It didn't matter.

The strike came down heavy on Sewallus, and like the monument of strength he was, the man endured the weight of the blow. Distance closed enough that the construct could deliver a blow against Wu Kong. Nary a scratch, but enough of a diversion.

NIGHT's sunder came in across the beast's torso. Colours muddied and washed, the beast look like it was made from ink, and faded away just as so. A scatter, a flare of colours and crystals, and the thing was quickly vanquished. From her leap, the player found her two feet flat upon the ground.

Solemn. Distracted. Light faded just as quickly from her hands as she released her will on her blade, a great distance between herself and Nari. All she could give the woman was a pained expression, barely visible from their rift.

'Solace', she'd asked for. And its meaning; she didn't get. So NIGHT stood unmoving, watching, like a remnant.

Spoiler

SEWALLUS -> ATTACK 
NIGHT -> AOE-I

ID204263 | BD7 | ATTACK vs Monkey King

75 - 60 = 15 DMG

ID204262 | BD8 + 3 = 11 | AOE-I vs Monkey King*
* typo'd in roll purpose. again. i swear my brain isn't broken.

-15EN.
22 * 15 = 330 DMG
330 - 60 = 270 DMG

Monkey King | HP: -40/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 

[5] Sewallus HP: 300/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | HOWL | SHATTER
[2] NIGHT | HP: 960/960 | EN: 113/134 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | [CONCENTRATION: 3/3]
[2] Nari-Lanreth | HP: 700/700 | EN: 79/82 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS: 72 | BLEED: 48

The creature exploded into the air, and a small dialogue box appeared before Nari. Glancing at it quickly, she accepted the notification, allowing the box to disappear. She had begun to turn to NIGHT, preparing to answer the girl’s questions, when the NPC approached her. He seemed rather pleased with the situation, and in thanks offered to teach them the <<Shatter>> technique. Nari hesitated, wanting to respond to the enquiry NIGHT had proffered, but not wanting to miss the chance at the reward.

Deciding she couldn’t pass up on the opportunity – otherwise this entire quest would’ve been for naught – Nari nodded to the NPC, taking a few moments with him before the skill appeared in her tree list.

Satisfied that she had completed the quest, she glanced over at NIGHT, the girl hardly having moved. Crossing towards her, she’ll tuck the glaive back into the crook of her elbow, letting it lay against her shoulder in a manner that seemed almost comfortable. Her voice, when she does speak, is calm, controlled, an echo of the physical appearance she had been in battle. “I told you, because I promised someone I would. And I don’t intend to go back on my promises, ever again.”

Spoiler

Word Count: 203

The weight of a life on her shoulders. It was a few, once -- the friends that she'd made along the journey to a different tier. Then it compounded.

Somehow, she felt like she'd become Atlas reincarnated, without noticing how she got to this point.

Heavy. Heavy was her sigh and her footsteps and her burden. Heavy was her figure as she shuffled past Nari, hands tucked into her pockets. Heavy were the words stuck, trapped on her tongue, with no escape, no release for what she was forced to feel.

She swallowed it whole.

NIGHT took a deep breath before turning to the other woman.

"Then I'll give you what you wanted."

Quietly, she took her leave. Footsteps that trailed off towards the village, that faded into the shuffle of leaves as the wind chased a path cut between the two players. NIGHT's form blurred and fizzled into the woods; not so much invisible, but a speck of colour, insignificant, to be neglected.

She didn't want to feel the eyes upon her back as she left.

ID204274 | ld2 + 6 | oh what's even the fucking point. T_T