[F4 - SP] Winter Wonderland | <<Nature's Treasure>>

“You know, you almost make it too easy, sometimes.” Nari stuck her tongue out at the other woman again, but the action was only in half effort. She knew the jesting this time was meant in a caring manner, and if she was being honest…she was touched by it. Continuing her work in silence for a while, Nari tried to shut off her mind.

Onóra seemed content to leave her to her work, laying down and pretending to sleep in the grasses nearby. Nari kept an eye on the other woman, as well as the few beasts that roamed the area, making sure none came to close.

“Hey.” The words startled Nari, who had thought that Onóra had actually fallen asleep. “Why don’t we do dinner at your place tonight. Order something in, relax and just hang out. Rather than going out somewhere.”

“Yeah, sure. That actually sounds nice.” Nari answered almost immediately, hoping her enthusiasm at the idea didn’t show as too obvious in her voice.

ID204595 | LD: 18 + 1 = 19 | CD: 9 + 1 = 10 | Material Search | Critical Success! (4/47Materials; 1,500/13,500 col) [+10 EXP; 467/499 EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 167

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

“Perfect. I think I know what to get. You like fried foods, right?” Nari side-eyed the woman, pausing in her search momentarily. She wasn’t quite sure what Onóra had in mind, but Nari was suddenly apprehensive of the idea of letting her choose their food for the evening.

“I’m…not opposed to it…in the right instance.” She chose her words carefully. She truly didn’t enjoy most Americanized fried foods, but she wasn’t sure exactly what Cardinal would have to offer. And she was willing to try what the other woman had in mind – hoping at the same time that it wasn’t something that would somehow make her gag.

“Good.” Nari waited for further explanation, but nothing came. Sighing to herself, she realized this was going to simply be a case of ‘wait and find out’, and there was nothing she could do about it. Turning back to her digging, she resumed her search, deciding she would at least be able to find contentment in her work.

ID204596 | LD: 16 + 1 = 17 | CD: 12 + 1 = 13 | Material Search | Critical Success! (4/51 Materials; 1,500/15,000 col) [+10 EXP; 477/499 EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 165

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Her search thus far had been going more than excellent. She glanced at her inventory, realizing the collection she’d acquired in just this short amount of time. Glancing upwards at the sun, she decided that she could spend another little while stockpiling, gathering as much as she possibly could. It was more than worth her time, seeing as she was here anyways.

‘Plus, it’s not like you have anything else to do today. Aside from dinner that is, and that’s in…a little while.’ She was feeling anxious about that, but there was little she could do other than…wait. And seeing as she didn’t want to wait, she might as well distract herself by doing something useful.

“I can see you thinking, you know.” Nari smiled slightly, not looking up from her work.

“Weren’t you having a nap? Shouldn’t be able to see anything with your eyes closed…” A soft giggle in response, and then the sound of exaggerated snoring. Nari ignored it, aside from her smile widening a bit.

ID204597 | LD: 1 + 1 = 2 | CD: 4 + 1 = 5 | Material Search | Failure (0/51 Materials; 0/15,000 col) [+5 EXP; 482/499 EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 169

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

The sun had long since begun its shift towards the evening position in the sky, and Nari realized that their time in the garden was slowly coming to an end. Drawing the dirt carefully, she spent a few more minutes digging for anything of interest, before pushing herself to her feet. Her legs protested, and she had to take a moment to steady herself before she began walking back along the path.

Onóra slowly followed her, rising from her pretend slumber with an ease that spoke of the fact she had never truly been asleep. Nari slowed her steps for her, waiting for the other woman to catch up. A soft bump against her shoulder, and Onóra slipped past, heading for the teleport gate and their exit home.

The two women took a moment to say goodbye to Nemo, Onóra going so far as to say thanks to him for providing them with the chance to visit. Nari wondered at the politeness, especially towards something so simple as an NPC. She smiled, as she realized how much she still had to learn from the woman.

ID204598 | LD: 6 + 1 = 7 | CD: 8 + 1 = 9 | Material Search | Failure (0/51 Materials; 0/15,000 col) [+5 EXP; 487/499 EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 185

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Nari paused just before the teleporter, taking a single, final look over the garden. It was such a peaceful place, and Nari loved coming to it so much that she almost yearned to stay. Behind her, Onóra had already stepped up, pausing as she heard Nari stop.

“We can come back, soon. If you want to, that is.” Nari wasn’t surprised that the other woman had been able to read her thoughts. She seemed to be constantly in her head, somehow. Nari still wasn’t sure how she did it.

Stepping off to the side, she took one final look through the bushes, hoping for a single final prize, before heading back towards the teleporter and home. Smiling at Onóra, she stepped up beside the woman, speaking aloud as she did so. “One of these days soon, we’ll come back. To spend the whole day just relaxing again. Like today. I’d enjoy that, if you’re up for it too.”

A smile from Onóra, and then together they activated the teleporter, leaving the garden behind and making their way home.

ID204599 | LD: 9 + 1 = 10 | CD: 9 + 1 = 10 | Material Search | Failure (0/51 Materials; 0/15,000 col) [+5 EXP; 492/499+ EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 178

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

As they made their way back across the snowscape that was the fourth floor, Nari opened her menu – realizing that her original estimation had been a bit off. Glancing at Onóra, she gave the woman a half-hearted smile.

“Hey, uhm…I know we’re on our way back but do you mind if I…” She waved a hand towards the open areas around them. Onóra gave a soft sigh, as if in argument, before nodding.

“Yeah, go ahead. I can wait…but not forever!” Nari gave the woman another slight smile before scrounging her way through the bushes along the side of the roadway. There was no way that she was leaving the area before she had maxed out her rank, otherwise most of the day would’ve been useless. ‘I’m so close, I can’t let it falter now…come on…there has to be something around here that I can scrounge up to finish this all off!’

ID204686 | LD: 3 + 1 = 4 | CD: 10 + 1 = 11 | Material Search | Failure (0/51 Materials; 0/15,000 col) [+5 EXP; 497/499+ EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 152

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Nari couldn’t believe her lack of luck – the moment she left the garden, everything seemed to suddenly turn downwards. Frustration driving her, she plunged through a few of the nearby bushes, desperate to find anything that would maximize the finality of her foraging skills. She kept her eyes on alert for anything of a near shiny appearance, glancing once in a while back towards where Onóra waited for her.

“I swear, I’m almost done here. I just…I’m so close to getting this maxed out, I can’t leave until it’s done…” She could hear the frustration in her voice as she called out, and she swore that she would give up in just a few moments – she just needed to see that bar hit the maximum level…

“Don’t worry, we have time! It’s not like dinner’s getting cold or anything!” The woman’s comment was filled with laughter, and Nari pushed herself to move faster – trying desperately just to get the finality over and done with.

Sighing to herself as her search came up empty yet again, she abandoned the frantic foraging as soon as the skill bar reached maximum. Returning to Onóra, she piled the woman with apologies before leading her off towards home, hoping that a nice evening would appease the woman.

ID204686 | LD: 6 + 1 = 7 | CD: 9 + 1 = 10 | Material Search | Failure (0/51 Materials; 0/15,000 col) [+5 EXP; 502/499+ EXP] Rank 4 - Master Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 212

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results