[F10 - PP] The Undergarden | <<Nature's Treasure>>

Turning to look at Astreya, Nari will nod at her words, a small smile slowly spreading across her face. “All the way, all the time. Together. Yeah, I can do that… it’ll certainly make Onóra happy to know you’re making sure I come home.”

Turning her attention back to the garden before her, she’ll dig her fingers into the dirt for a while, falling silent as she considers the last time she had been in the garden. It had been so relaxing, just the two of them…

Standing suddenly, she’ll smile over at Astreya, giving a quick wink and adopting an extremely mischievous look as she coughs once to get the girls attention. With her devilish grin back in place, Nari starts walking towards an open area, calling back over her shoulder as she goes. “So, about that sunbathing… seeing as it’s no one but Nemo, we should be fine, right?”

ID205442 | LD: 15 + 1 = 16 | CD: 9 + 1 = 10 | Foraging | Critical Success! (5/9 Materials; 3,500/6,000 col) 

Spoiler

Word Count: 151

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post Action: Foraging Roll
ID: 205499
LD: 11 (NT success! +1 Material! | Foraging Fail! +4 Exp!)
CD: N/A

---

"Good, it's like, totally a promise," the woman spoke, beaming a sunny smile toward her friend.  At her words however, Astreya couldn't help but to give a small grin toward the woman, arching a brow.  "So uh... who's Onóra?" she asked, raising her eyebrows in a teasing manner, excited to see what the violet woman had to say on the subject.  This was almost certainly one of the people that she'd been talking about.  Those that she didn't want to have left behind if she were to perish on those front lines.

"You mind if I like, keep one?" she asked, reaching toward the same set of tulips that Nari had pulled one out from and carefully removed it, noting with amusement that it did count as a Material.  She wasn't entirely sure how she could turn this into a song... but if she did, she'd make sure to give it to her friend here.

There was a sudden addition of mischief to her friend and the cough drew Astreya's attention upward to her, and she blinked slightly at the sudden suggestion.  A grin of her own matched Nari's, and a gale of laughter followed, the raven-haired young woman standing back up to her full height.  "Like, sure, why not?" the girl responded, seeing not reason not to.  It was good to rest and relax once in a while anyway.  It couldn't be all work all the time.

As she moved, she made a movement toward her inventory, removing the blade and the armored cape, followed by the actual heavy plate itself, leaving herself in a knee-length black sundress, the young woman beaming a smile toward Nari.  "Man...I always forget how much, like, lighter it is not wandering around in all that armor," she spoke as she came a little more into the clearing, setting a hand over her eyes as she looked up toward the sun.  "It's like, so wild to think this is all virtual, y'know?"

Nari’s face turned a light red colour at the mention of Onóra, however Asterya quickly fell into her ploy, calling her bluff regarding the sunbathing. She watched as the girl stood, removing the heavy armour and weapon, leaving only the black sundress. Nari quickly followed suit, pulling her menu open and letting everything but her violet long sleeve and black shorts disappear, before throwing herself to the ground. Sighing contently, she’ll nod as Astreya mentions the weight of the armour.

“It’s spectacular in a way, isn’t it? I would almost hazard to say that if it weren’t for the risk of death, this game would actually be truly enjoyable…She’ll let the words hang for a few seconds, smiling to herself as she simply enjoyed the breeze, the sun and the smell of the grass and flowers. Suddenly remembering Astreya’s other question, the blush will return. Hurriedly, trying to make it look like she hadn’t been avoiding the question, she’ll add to her thoughts. “Oh, uhm…Onóra…well, she’s…someone I met. A little while ago. She…has a shop. And kind of lives with me…for now! Until she gets her own place. I think.”

She realised her words were rambling, and to distract herself she let her eyes roam over the garden, spotting Nemo in the distance talking to himself – likely thinking that they were listening to him, the poor man. Her eyes passed over Astreya quickly, before continuing on towards the creatures a good distance away. Realising that she needed to change the topic from herself – before she said something truly embarrassing, she returned a question of her own.

“Say, Iris…have you found anyone…special, here?” The wicked grin on her face will display the teasing, matching the tone in her voice as she casts her eyes towards her friend, trying to illicit a response. “I know you hang around with just about everyone, but there has to be someone you’d like to spend more time with than anyone else, right?”

ID205502 | LD: 8 + 1 = 9 | CD: 8 + 1 = 9 | Foraging | Failure (0/9 Materials; 0/6,000 col) 

Spoiler

Word Count: 328

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Post Action: Foraging
ID: 205514
LD: 14 (Critical Success! +9 EXP | +2 Materials | 1 Material from NT Bonus!)
CD: 7

---

Enjoyable, huh?  Astreya gave a small breath of a laugh at that, even if she didn't vocalize the thought.  She still wasn't really sure about that.  She didn't really enjoy 'gaming' and while this would be something she'd maybe log in and play for an hour, maybe two... it wasn't really her bag.  Sure, it was pretty and the action was okay, but she enjoyed the team sports aspect of what she'd done in her real life- although she supposed maybe she might feel differently after time on the Front Lines.  For good or for ill.

She'd actually been a little lost in her own thoughts before Nari had switched her topic back to Onóra, Astreya glanced over toward her violet-clad friend, unable to help a slight grin on her features as she watched.  The flush returned to her features and it was clear from the way that she was talking that there was likely more than just friendship forming.  Or perhaps had already formed.  She recalled their meeting and now in hindsight, she could start to see bits of that preference that she hadn't picked up on before.  She'd have to think about that again in full, later.  "Well that's like, totally awesome!" Astreya cheered.  "Probably be better if she didn't like, get her own place though, right?" she asked, teasing.

But then the question was turned back onto herself and she gave a small breath of a laugh, shaking her head.  "No...not really," the girl admitted, giving her friend an almost embarrassed smile.  "Like, obviously I like to totally hang out with you and Koga, but like... not really anyone special," the girl spoke, moving to stretch her arms up overhead.  "I just like... I dunno," she spoke, finishing the words a bit lamely.  "There's like, kind of a sad story that goes along with it, but I totally don't wanna bring down the mood," she admitted, giving her friend a smile.  

Nari nodded from her spot on the ground, rolling over onto her stomach and placing her hands beneath her chin. Staring at Astreya, she’ll smile for a moment, before speaking again. “Completely understandable – honestly, I would say it’s fairly rare to make those sorts of connections with someone in a game. It’s…well, most people are well reserved in games. Either placing a façade around their identities by playing their character, or simply refusing to speak about themselves.”

Her eyes will glance upwards towards the sky for a moment, before looking back down, her left hand snaking out and pulling at some of the nearby flowers – the foraging actions so natural to her that she barely noticed what she was doing.

“Better to not get her own place…well…I wouldn’t say she has to, but…that’s a story for another day, right?” Her face had started to flush again at the thought, and she quickly rushed to add. “Besides, I’ve got enough bedrooms in the estate, so it’s not like we have to…share, you know? Aside from the bathroom. I hadn’t gotten the others finished yet…should probably do that one of these days…”

ID205516 | LD: 14 + 1 = 15 | CD: 5 + 1 = 6 | Foraging | Success! (4/13 Materials; 1,000/7,000 col) 

Spoiler

Word Count: 190

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results
  • 2 weeks later...

ID: 206419
LD: 9 (Fail! +3 Foraging EXP)

---------

The young woman gave a small nod toward Nari, even as she stretched her arms up overhead.  "Well, like sure.  But we're also been trapped in her for like ever, right?  I think that like... in a game, you'd normally like, not quite make the same connections, like you were saying, y'know?  Cause like, normally, the game could end at any point or like, whatever.  Or you or they could like, lose interest in the game itself.  But like, when it comes down to it here, we're like totally stuck here for who another like... what, seventy floors or whatever?"

The thought nearly caused her to lose her pace for a moment as the crushing weight of despair started to press down on her shoulders for a moment, but the young woman shrugged it off, ignoring it to the best of her ability.  "So like, I think in the situation we're in that like... stronger connections is totally normal and junk, y'know?" she continued, looking to the woman with a small smile.

"Ahhhh omigosh I'm still so jealous you have a house!  I just kinda like... sleep on a little cot in the shop I've got," the girl spoke with a small embarrassed smile.  "I keep meaning to actually get like, a whole house setup but..." she spoke, gesturing with her hand.  "I dunno, maybe I should like, do that soon.  But yeah girl, you totally need another bathroom if you've got like, two people under the same roof, y'know?" she added, grinning.  

“I’m glad I’m stuck in here with people like you, though.” She had meant to whisper the words, but in the quiet garden they came out louder than she had expected, and although she was sure that Astreya had heard the words, she continued on, eventually mentioning the need for more bathrooms, and that Astreya herself was sleeping on a cot.

“If you need a place to stay, I have room to make another bedroom or two…you could come stay there for a while, until you have your own place?” She pawed at the dirt even as she made her offer, her eyes roaming the field, making sure no creatures had wandered towards them with any aggressive intents. She already had one house guest, what was another? Plus, the company would be…enjoyable…

“And before you say you don’t want to be a bother – you won’t. It’s a large estate, with more than enough room. Other than meals in the kitchenette, I don’t think we’d even run into one another…although we would definitely need to expand the whole bathroom situation.”

ID206428     | LD: 2 + 1 = 3 | CD: 10 + 1 = 11 | Foraging | Failure (0/13 Materials; 0/7,000 col) 

Spoiler

Word Count: 179

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

ID: 206920
LD: 4 (Fail! +3 Foraging EXP)
-----------

The words from her friend caused the young woman to smile.  It had almost seemed like it'd meant to be a secret for just the two of them (or maybe just for Nari herself) but the gentle quietness of the garden they were in had given far more volume to the words than Nari had intended.  But she hadn't really pushed it- figuring that if Nari wanted to give more life to that conversation that would be on her- Astreya wouldn't force that at all.

But then came the unexpected- an offer to stay at the house itself that Nari owned.  Astreya gave a small sound of thought to that.  "It'd like, totally be like the Sorority back at college then," she commented, beaming toward the other woman with a small grin.  "A while bunch under one roof, right?  That could totally be like, a whole ton of fun," she agreed, giving a small nod, even as she considered that.  She was someone that, despite outward appearances, did value her privacy, and the thought of being at someone else's home, all of the time, made her a little uncertain.

She opened her mouth to continue when Nari cut in, and Astreya's words turned into a laugh.  "I so totally wasn't going to say that!" she responded as she turned, glancing a little over at her friend.  "I was going to like, say that when you fix your like, whole bathroom situation... I'll think about it," she spoke, giving her friend a sly wink.

Nari smiled at the girl’s quick rebuttal. She had been intending to fix the whole bathroom situation, it just…hadn’t been a high priority quite yet. Still, it was on the list, and likely something that she should consider actually getting around to – she had the col, she was just…reluctant.

“I’ve never actually had the…pleasure…of being in a sorority. They’re not big where I’m from, especially seeing as most people tend to live at home and commute to school. Or, at least, the people I knew did. Some people stayed on campus – but that wasn’t the majority by any means.”

Thinking about it, she realised that having a few people in one house could make for some fun. Albeit it could also make for some difficult times, especially when it came to things like minding one’s own space. She was happy to hear that Iris was at least willing to consider the option.

“My door is always open – or well, it can be opened. You’re welcome any time.The sentence was more of a struggle than she expected. “We would have to set some ground rules about personal space, of course…but that’s something we can all talk about if it happens, right?”

She’d almost forgotten to continue looking for the materials they had come for, and she hastily turned back to her digging, pawing through the dirt with little success. She did, however, find herself smiling at the thought of another friend close by – even if it was temporary.

ID206922 | LD: 6 + 1 = 7 | CD: 6 + 1 = 7 | Foraging | Failure (0/13 Materials; 0/7,000 col) 

Spoiler

Word Count: 248

Edited by Nari-Lanreth

ID: 206923
LD: 6 (Fail! +3 Foraging EXP)
-----------
"Really?  You totally get to meet so many more people!  It's like, super awesome!  I mean there are like cliques and that sorta thing and that like, I guess that part's not as fun, but usually most people are pretty open to having some fun and making friends," the girl beamed.  "I didn't really do a lot with people, like, growing up.  Was kind of a homebody so it was nice to get to like, totally spread my wings a bit, y'know?" she spoke.  

Despite the fact that she seemed the social butterfly now and that felt like her natural element, the girl didn't have any animosity or discontent in her voice when she spoke of her younger years.  She had just been a little more sequestered at the time, and it had given her the basis of who she was when she'd grown up into the woman she'd become.

As Nari continued, the girl fumbling over her words as she occasionally did, the young woman snickered, growing into a full laugh for a moment as she shifted to look over at her friend.  "Like, you don't have to have everything so literal.  Like, I know what the expression means," she continued, giving her friend a smile.  "But yeah.  Like if you can fix the whole bathroom thing, even if like... I mean really I guess it probably doesn't matter," she spoke, beginning to absently pick at some of the dandelion-like weeds that were growing.  "I can just like...fix up everything from the interface menu," she mused.

"It is hard to remember that like, this is a game, sometimes."

She nodded at Iris’s final comment. Sometimes she found herself forgetting it was just a game. It seemed, with every passing day, that the game was becoming more of their reality. The real world a glimmer of a dream, left behind – replaced by their newfound homes.

“Yeah…I know what you mean…sometimes I forget that we’re fighting to get out. Well, I don’t really forget, so much as…the world just seems to be this place. It’s like…I know that we’re in a game, but you forget that it is a game. You wake up, and this is life. Everything beyond it is…just not. At least, for now.”

She continued digging at the dirt, considering her own words. She wondered if this was what life felt like outside of games to some people – just the same thing, over and over again. Waking, to find themselves still trapped in their own version of the nine hells.

“What I find worrying, is that sometimes I wonder why bother? Why bother continuing the fight to get out?” She sighed heavily, knowing the old argument. “I know it’s important. That we can’t stay here forever. That the real world awaits and that we need to return…but what are we returning to? Waking up, day after day, to go to work. To return home, and find ourselves exhausted. And then repeat it, forever and ever. At least here we can try and live out our fantasies – even if they are limited…but maybe I’m being selfish. There’s many people who have families waiting for them, and friends, and everything else.”

ID206924 | LD: 5 + 1 = 6 | CD: 10 + 1 = 11 | Foraging | Failure (0/13 Materials; 0/7,000 col)

Spoiler

Word Count: 262

Edited by Nari-Lanreth

Post Action: Foraging
ID: 206925
LD: 14 (Critical Success! +9 EXP | +2 Materials | 1 Material from NT Bonus!)
CD: 5 
-----------

Astreya could feel the same familiar words coming to her lips, but she... didn't really want to speak them.  There was so much that she had boiling up inside of her regarding their current predicament and Nari had scratched the surface before- despite the girl's persistence (intentional or not) Astreya had no interest in speaking her thoughts on the matter.  "C'mon, we totally already like, put this talk to rest," the girl spoke, giving a small grin over toward her friend.  "I was just meaning like, in the little day-to-day things.  Like I don't need to use the bathroom.  Or like if I drop food it, like, totally can't get dirty.  Y'know, that sorta stuff," she spoke, giving her friend one of her practically trademarked sunny smiles.

"There's like, all sorts of people in here, right?  Everyone totally wants their own things.  So some people wanna get out more than anything, and then like, some people wanna stay.  But I figure like..." she spoke, gesturing with her hands.  "With the scandal this caused, I figure everyone here is gonna get a bunch of money, right?  So like, when we get out, if you wanted to stay in here, you probably, like, totally could."

Astreya pulled up another dandelion-like flower before realizing there was something amidst the weeds and pulled it out, smiling a little at the added Materials.  "So like...everyone'll be happy in the end."

Nari shook her head in response. Not that she didn’t want to believe Iris. She just knew better. With a scandal like this, it was unlikely that the servers that hosted the game would be left up and running once they had all escaped – if. She also doubted that she’d – or anyone else, for that matter – see a single penny after they escaped. Even were the company themselves still alive, Nari doubted they’d have the finances left to scrounge anything to pay off any lawsuits.

“Maybe not everyone…but anyways, we’re here for some fun, right? What do you say we try our hand at taking out some of the creatures around here? See if they drop anything worthwhile?” She’ll glance around, taking in a pack of wolves nearby, before waving towards them with her right hand. “Come on, it should be fun, no?”

Bringing up her menu, she’ll don her armour and shield, before bringing her spear into her hand. A single smile at Astreya before she heads for the wolves. “If nothing else, it should allows us a break from playing in the dirt…”

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 740/740 | EN 106/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | Prosperity: 1

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 4 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

Round One
ID206927 | BD: 6 + 3 - 1 = 8 | <<Tech-F vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>
| Hit. | 8 x 16 = 128 DMG | Stunned
ID206928 | BD: 1 + 3 - 1 = 3 | <<Tech-F vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>
| Critical Miss [- 2 EN]
ID206929 | BD: 7 + 3 - 1 = 9 | <<Tech-F vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>
ID206930 | BD: 5 + 3 - 1 = 7 | <<Tech-F vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>

[2,0,2,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 69/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[0,0,0,0] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 740/740 | EN 106/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | Prosperity: 1

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 4 | HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

Spoiler

Word Count: 185

Edited by Nari-Lanreth

Post Action - AoE-I vs Moss Wolves (11+8-2 = 17 Energy)

Spoiler

ID: 206931 vs Wolf 1
BD: 2+4-1=5(Miss!)
MD: Stunned!

ID: 206932 vs Wolf 2 
BD: 2+4-1=5(Miss!)
MD: 3+2=5 Miss!

ID: 206933 vs Wolf 3
BD: 4+4=8(Hit!) 19*11 = 209 Damage!
MD:  Stunned!

ID: 206934 vs Wolf 4
BD: 1 Crit Fail!) -2 Energy
MD:  Stunned!

-------

Astreya mostly figured the money would come from the government, as opposed to the company itself, but splitting hairs over it wasn't really the best use of time- and beyond that, there was still a great deal of fun for the two to have here.  This was meant to be a relaxing day to just sort of explore the gardens themselves.  The problem was, of course, that it seemed the two had fundamentally differing opinions on the very end of the game.  Not that it was a bad thing, and Astreya didn't really mind discussing it further, but without any knowledge on what was happening in the real world, all they had to issue was conjecture.  There was no way to know, and that led to a rather ouroboros conversation.

At the girl's words, Astreya glanced over then at her, arching a brow in amusement.  "Sure!" she agreed as she hopped up to her feet, and similarly, accessed her inventory to pull on her armor and weapon once more, the two-handed blade in her hand once more as the familiar weight of the armor settled onto her shoulders.  "When I was like, a kid, playing in the dirt was the best.  But now I get to play with dogs, too!" she cheered as she whirled the blade in a single motion.

Nari went in first, the woman rushing through to smash through their ranks, and Astreya wasn't far behind, the pall from the blade radiating outward as the girl shifted forward, making a single, threatening swing at the lot before striking the nearest one, glancing to Nari.  "So like, does Nemo not care if you kill his like, pets or whatever?" she asked, mostly just amused at the change of pace.

-------
Battle Info-

Spoiler

[2,0,2,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 69/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[1,1,2,1] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 740/740 | EN 87/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | Prosperity: 1

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 263/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 4 | HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

She stepped back as Iris ran past, swinging her large sword in an arc that caught one of the stunned creatures, causing its health to dip slightly. Iris’ question made Nari glance over towards Nemo, seeing the man standing off by himself, smiling as they tore into his pets. She wondered if the NPC even noticed what was going on, or if there was no registration to the situation at all.

“I…I’m not sure. It seems like he’s more interested in having friends over, compared to being concerned for his pets, at least for the time being.” She turned her gaze back to the wolves, which had begun to shake off the stun affect. She could see that one of the four was already close to death, and wanting to finish it off, rushed forwards. Bringing her spear up she thrust it towards the wolf, her eyes watching the others to see if they would react to her sudden lunge.

“I do wonder sometimes if he is…lonely…” She whispered the words as she connected with the wolf, letting her momentum carry her through and to the other side, allowing an opening for Iris to follow.

Spoiler

[2,0,2,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 73/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[1,1,2,1] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 740/740 | EN 87/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | Prosperity: 1

Mossy Wolf 1 HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 2 HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 3 HP: 263/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 4 HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

Round Two
ID207045 | BD: 9 + 3 = 12 | <<RAW-A vs. Mossy Wolf 3>>
| Minor Critical Hit [+1 DMG] | (72+1) x 3 = 219 | Paralysed 

[2,0,5,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 65/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]

Mossy Wolf 1 HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 2 HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 3 HP: 44/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned | Paralysed
Mossy Wolf 4 HP: 472/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned

Spoiler

Word Count: 195

Edited by Nari-Lanreth

Free Action: Recovery Check | ID 207078: 3 (Fail)
Post Action: AoE-II vs Moss Wolves (14+8-2 = 20 Energy):

Spoiler

ID: 207079 vs Wolf 1
BD: 7+4-1=10(Hit!) 19*14 = 266 Damage!
MD: 9 (Crit! 151 - 122 = 29 Damage Dealt | 2 HP restored)

ID: 207080 vs Wolf 2 
BD: 3+4-1=6(Hit!) 19*14 = 266 Damage!
MD: 2 (Miss!)

ID: 207081 vs Wolf 3
BD: 5+4-1=8(Hit!) 19*14 = 266 Damage!
MD:  Dead!

ID: 207082 vs Wolf 4
BD: 3+4-1=6(Hit!) 19*14 = 266 Damage!
MD: 9 (Crit! 151 - 122 = 29 Damage Dealt | 2 HP restored)

Loot Roll-

Spoiler

ID: 207083 | 2400 Col | 1 Material
LD: 11+1 (2 Materials) 
CD: 8 (1200 Col)
Ignoring drops

---------------------

Astreya glanced up over at Nari as she hefted her blade back up to a fighting position, before her gaze moved to Nemo briefly.  He seemed a little less invested in things as a whole than when she'd been here with Bismuth- but that was nothing to worry about.  If he wasn't reacting to the killing of the animals here, that just meant it was that much easier for them to get through this without incident.

As Nari finished, she went after one of the ones still standing even as Astreya gripped her weapon, ready to go in again, when Nari's words caught her off-guard.  "Lonely?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, the opening now clear for her to follow-up.  "I don't know if like... can the NPCs get lonely?" she asked, more unsure of herself than actually entertaining the thought.  She knew there were those here that really treated the NPCs like people, but... whether or not that was just a symptom of being trapped in here for so long, she didn't know.

She shifted, the movement from the fog-stained blade starting to grow as she whirled it once around herself before she actually used the weight of it to come up off the ground, slamming the weapon down amongst the throng of Mossy Wolves, creating a small radius of impact as there was the particle effects of ice and snow that came from the weapon, the one that Nari had struck staying down, even as the others leapt at her.  

"Augh, back off!" she growled at the wolves, attempting to shake them off even as she backed off a bit, putting some distance in between, and giving her battle healing time to kick in.  "I'm gonna totally beat you guys into the ground!" she threatened.
--------------------
[2,0,X,2] Nari-Lanreth
 | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 65/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[3,3,X,3] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 682/740 | EN 71/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | HM: 2 | REC: 4

Mossy Wolf 1 HP: 208/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned
Mossy Wolf 2 HP: 334/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2
Mossy Wolf 3 HP: 0/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned | Paralysed
Mossy Wolf 4 HP: 208/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned

“That’s been a question on a lot of people’s minds…” Nari spoke the words as she slid to her left, bringing her shield up and eyeing up one of the wolves that appeared most injured. Astreya was definitely dealing more of the damage here than Nari herself was, but it was still good practice simply to be able to get her muscles moving again.

“Do the NPCs get lonely? Hungry?...Angry?” A quick shift to avoid a failed leap, and she was back in place, focusing on the single target, watching for the opening she knew would eventually present itself. It seemed like Astreya had drawn most of their ire, for the moment, so Nari found herself dodging half-hearted feints, at most. “No one…really knows. But…well, with how advanced Cardinal is – it’s possible, isn’t it?”

She saw her opportunity and slid forwards, the spear thrusting outwards along the top left edge of her shield, aiming for the face of the wolf closest to her. As the strike impaled the face, she pulled back into her ready stance, before finishing her thoughts aloud. “I’ve wondered sometimes…we see differences in some of the NPC’s behaviours. It’s as if they’re more…alive, somehow. So…wouldn’t it be possible that they could feel?”

Spoiler

[2,0,X,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 65/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[3,3,X,3] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 682/740 | EN 71/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | HM: 2 | REC: 4

Mossy Wolf 1 HP: 208/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned

Round Three
ID207084 | BD: 7 + 3 = 10 | <<RAW-A vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>
| Hit. | 72 x 3 = 216 DMG | Mossy Wolf 1 Defeated

Looting
ID20785 | LD: 6 | CD: 7 | Loot Mossy Wolf 1
| 3,000 col (Base + LD)
| 2 materials
| Rare Trinket (1); Additional Col (600)

[X,0,X,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 65/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[X,3,X,3] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 | HP 682/740 | EN 71/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | HM: 2 | REC: 4

Mossy Wolf 1 HP: 0/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned

Spoiler

Word Count: 206

Edited by Nari-Lanreth

Free Action: Recovery Check | ID 207086: 2 (Fail)
Post Action: ST-I vs Moss Wolf 4 (12+2-2 = 12 Energy):

Spoiler

ID: 207087 vs Wolf 4
BD: 4+4-1=7(Hit!) 19*15 = 285 Damage!
MD: Defeated!

Mossy Wolf 2 Attack
ID: 207088
MD: 9 (9 (Crit! 151 - 122 = 29 Damage Dealt | 2 HP restored)

Looting:

Spoiler

ID: 207089 (2400 Col)
LD: 16+1 (1200 Col)
CD: 12 (1200 Col)
+1800 Col
Ignoring Item Drops

-------------------------------

The young woman gave a small breath as she shifted around, once the dogs were up and off of them again, giving her room to move and to breathe.  There was sudden movement from Nari as she began to eye up one of the other creatures, ignoring their weak attempts to snap and bite at her.  Astreya's whirlwind of frost and steel had caused her to take on most of the targeting, but that was fine.  She knew that her friend was setting up to really be a tank-like individual, but all the same, Astreya had done much the same, so the wounds she'd taken from the wolves were already healing and fading away.

But as her friend spoke, taking on an almost hoplite stance, waiting for the wolf to show its weak spot before she attacked, Astreya couldn't help but to wonder.  "But like...aren't they just coded like that?" she asked, shifting around her friend, using the cover provided by Nari's attack on the one that went down to shift, stepping around the girl and coming out from behind her.  Astreya's movements were fluid, and while she had no actual, practical experience with a weapon, being in here as long as she had- it had honed her instincts.

She spun, the movements very nearly describable as 'graceful' as the weapon was hefted high up over head before it was brought down with considerable prejudice upon one of the wolves, crushing it as much as it had cut, dropping its health bar to zero in an instant.  "But like...quest NPCs always totally act the same, right?  I've helped, like, a buncha newbies through the first quests and like, those are always the same," she mused, before a sudden curse came from her lips as the remaining wolf bit at her leg. 

"Get off me you jerk!" she hissed, kicking her leg out and forcing the creature back.  But now it was down to a two-on-one.  "But yeah like.  I dunno.  I feel bad for the NPCs since they're stuck here too but like... do they even notice?  Isn't this just like, the real world to them?"

-------------------------------
[X,0,X,X] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 65/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[X,3,X,X] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 |HP 690/740 | EN 63/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | HM: 2 | REC: 4

Mossy Wolf 4 HP: 0/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | Stunned

Iris quickly dealt with one of the remaining hounds, leaving them to outnumbered the sole survivor. Nari took the respite to change her stance, and shift herself around behind the creature – which was focused on Iris more so than Nari. She paused at her companion’s counter arguments, taking time to consider the facts. It was true, that the NPCs were programmed, and likely had limited actual emotional substance – if any. Yet, Nari had come across so many in her time here that acted irrationally, even oddly, for coded and designed features.

“Yes…they are definitely just coded beings. But…well, Cardinal is an AI right? Which means that it learns, it grows, and it adjusts itself. It reacts to the players, and changes itself based on the requirements of just that.” A quick step left to dodge the wolf, before setting her shield back in place. She let her eyes wander between her target and Iris, taking her time to line up her own assault. “What’s to say the NPCs aren’t the exact same? They’re all grafted from Cardinal’s code. Created as a piece of the AI itself. Who’s to say that they aren’t also…well, intelligent, to a degree? Perhaps over time there’s been more of Cardinal input into specific NPCs, creating some…well, irregularities.”

She considered her own words, wondering where this was coming from. For a long time she had hated Cardinal, this game, everything that came with it. But lately she had found herself almost softening, learning to appreciate the beauty to be found here…and sometimes that meant the system itself.

“We know Ais can learn – that’s nothing knew. Who’s to say that they can’t also learn to feel. Isn’t that what we’ve historically argued? The transition between machine and…more? It’s like in that book…the one about android’s counting sheep. It’s not really outside the realm of possibilities, is it?” Seeing her opening, she lunged forward, thrusting towards the body of the wolf in a hope to bring this fight towards a conclusion.

Spoiler

[X,0,X,X] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 69/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[X,3,X,X] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 |HP 690/740 | EN 63/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | HM: 2 | REC: 4

Round Four
ID207090 | BD: 1 + 3 = 4 | <<Tech-B vs. Mossy Wolf 2>>
| Critical Miss [-2 EN]

[X,0,X,X] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 67/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]

Spoiler

Word Count: 333

Edited by Nari-Lanreth

Free Action: Recovery Check | ID 207091: 5 (Fail)
Post Action: ST-II vs Moss Wolf 2 (15+2-2 = 15 Energy)

Spoiler

ID: 207092 vs Wolf 4
BD: 9+4-1=7(Minor Crit!) 19*19 = 361 Damage!
MD: Defeated!

Loot Roll:

Spoiler

ID: 207093 (2400 Col | 1 Material)
LD: 1+1 (2 Materials)
CD: 12 (1200 Col)

Total: 13,800 Col | 7 Materials

----------------------

"It's an AI?" Astreya responded, the girl a little incredulous, despite herself.  Not really because she didn't believe Nari, but more that she really just didn't know.  "Like, putting something that can like, learn and junk and give it control and stuff.  I dunno, like, that might be, but it sounds like science fiction.  Then again," she spoke, pausing slightly as she watched Nari and the wolf both, the girl seeking to find a way to strike the beast and put an end to this fight, "this whole game kinda feels like one big science fiction thingy, sometimes," she admitted, the gears in her head starting to turn a little bit.

If Nari was correct and it was an actual AI, that... made Astreya actually a lot more uncomfortable here than she had originally expected.  The thought that she was at the whims of a person- that it was another human being pulling the strings here was awful.  That a person had forcibly put all of these people into this world for whatever reason he might have... but he was human.  He had his reasons, no matter how strange they felt to everyone else.  But an AI was... alien.  It didn't think in the same factors.  Sure it learned, but it...didn't operate the same.  

"I like, know what book you're talking about but I've totally never read it," she spoke, watching Nari move, and as the woman darted forward, the wolf avoided the strike...and came right into Astreya's waiting blow, the powerful two-handed strike rending the wolf into data and casting it aside.  "But like... even if it can like, think, and like learn and even feel- it's totally not going to do those things like we do, y'know?" she spoke, not even sure if she could properly put her thoughts into words, right now.

The gears were turning in her head at an alarming pace as she tried to piece this all together in a way that she herself could understand.
----------------------
[X,0,X,X] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 9 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 67/84 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 3 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | BH [+15]
[X,3,X,X] Astreya | Level 32 / 11 |HP 690/740 | EN 52/106 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 122 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 0 | LD: 1 | BH: 37 | Taunt: 1 | HM: 2 | REC: 4

Mossy Wolf 2 HP: 0/600 | DMG: 150 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 2