[F1-PP] A Fishy Situation <Earning a Living: Fisher>

It was now time for Nicklaus to continue trying. One of the things he had learned so far in life was that if he could not succeed immediately, then he should keep trying. There was nothing else he could do other than making sure that there was enough bait. He did agree that he was in a good enough location to catch stuff, just not the ultra rare gleaming scales that was advertised by Anthony at the begging of this quest. He knew that eventually he would catch one, he just needed to show some more patience while waiting.

That was what he was not good at but he knew that sometimes he just needed to try a bit better. After all, he knew he had done everything else correctly. Sometimes luck matter quite a bit in fishing and he just did not have any at the moment. It was almost lunch time and Nicklaus was starting to get hungry. Watching Rebekah eat and take a break also reminded him that it should be time to take a break as well by hydrating himself with all the strenuous physical activity of fishing.

ID 207798 | CD = 9 | LD = 5
+ 1 Mat

6 Material Total

Edited by Nicklaus

Nicklaus was lucky to be sitting this entire time. After taking a short break, Rebekah got back to work. She knew she was looking for more materials, and this would be the perfect time to continue searching. She knew that she was also very close to finding this demonic shard via foraging. So, she knew she needed to try even harder. But so far, she has not found a single one and was beginning to doubt herself. She looked up trying to see what Nicklaus was doing.

This time, she knew Nicklaus still has not given up yet, so she should continue trying. He was a good role model sometimes, especially in his fierce determination to make sure hat everyone was done correctly. There was only one problem, can she keep it up. Rebekah was nowhere alike her older brother's in terms of their personality and traits. However, she needed to continue to pretend that she knows what she is doing.

Luckily her owl landed nearby and told her to look in a specific direction.

ID 207959 | LD = 1 | CD = 10
Forager R3 - 211/299 EXP (+3)
(failed)

8 Materials, 1500 Col Total

Edited by Rebekah

Nicklaus knew that he cannot give up. He took a look at her sister. She was determined to keep going, and she was the one that was expending the energy to actively look for rare items. He continued to sit in his chair while reading a book waiting for a line to pull. He wondered if there were even any fish here located very close to the shore. He knew the answer was yes, since he had been successful at fishing, just not successful at catching the rare object that he had came all this way for.

He was trying to think about if he had missed any of the instructions that were provided. Therefore, he reread the quest outline and he was following every procedure correctly. Perhaps this was just luck. He wanted to trade his luck with Rebekah, so he continued to sit here thinking in his head.

"What was the most exciting thing you have done in Aincrad?" Nicklaus asked. He needed to say something to help pass the time until the moment came.

ID 207960 | CD = 4 | LD = 20
(failed)

6 Material Total

Edited by Nicklaus

That was a tough question. Rebekah had a lot of memorable experiences in Aincrad so far. It was hard to narrow it down to just one thing. "That's a very good question. I am having trouble trying to pick something that I enjoyed the most." Rebekah asked.

"Perhaps, it was the time when I fought a boss on floor 4 called Frosty. It was the first time I ever got a reward from a big fight and I ended up winning a shield that has an unique ability. I think that was one of my most memorable time inside this game." Rebekah continued. She activated the shield for Nicklaus to see as she always carries it around but she have not used it in the last month. Rebekah planned on using the shield one day in the future.

Nicklaus had asked her a follow up question. "I like being part of giant boss raids. It is very fun, and I get to meet a lot of people." Rebekah explained. There was something about the ability as a group to achieve a common goal. That was what was so fun about boss raids. She wished to get back to that level at her peak once again.

ID 207961 | LD = 17 | CD = 11
Forager R3 - 219/299 EXP (+8)
+ 1 Mat + 2 Mat (CD) + 1,500 Col

11 Materials, 3,000 Col Total

Edited by Rebekah

Nicklaus was a bit surprised when Rebekah began describing one of her favourite boss raids experiences. He wondered if she was exciting because of the rewards or if she was excited because of the experience of participating in one. He had experiences in the real world as a guild in massively multiple online role playing games. However, the ability to experience it in virtual reality would be completely different. He was surprised that Rebekah was not scared during the entire situation.

Therefore he had asked a follow up question to her sister, "Did you enjoy it because of the people who you were with? or was it enjoyable because you got some good rewards?" He wanted to berate her for saying the rewards but that was hypocritical of him since he was known as a mercenary who would help others in exchange for deals or rewards.

Nicklaus then asked, "I see you are part of a guild? Is it good to join guilds in Aincrad?" He had opened a store but did not have the time to do anything yet. "How did you join your current guild?" He asked.

As Nicklaus was talking, the fishing rod started to move. He instinctively grabbed the pole and began reeling in the catch. It was coming up fast, and there it was, after a long time today. It was finally here, a gleaming scale.

ID 207962 | CD = 11 | LD = 20
+ Gleaming Scale

6 Material, Gleaming Scale Total

Edited by Nicklaus

"Yes, you are correct. I am currently a member of Firm Animia, one of the top guilds in the game." Rebekah responded. "I joined the guild due to the benefits of being in a guild. Currently, I collect crafting experience a little bit faster and I get a small bonus upon killing monsters and opening treasure chests." Rebekah explained.

"I was looking for a guild one day, and I receive an invitation from one of the leaders. I was previously part of another top guild in Aincrad many years ago, and since the guild disbanded, I took a break. After returning from the break, I was invited to join because of my experience given I had been around for a very long time. The guild is always looking to expand. Are you interested?" Rebekah asked.

It was at this moment when Nicklaus was frantically reeling up something on his fishing rod. It was a gleaming scale. "Now, we can finally go visit Anthony and get out of here." Rebekah said. It was a long morning, but perhaps they can continue to catch up inside a town, or a cafe. Talking out in the wild was never the safest place to meet up with others. Snowball was also celebrating this achievement. He looked like he wanted to get out of the hot weather here and fly back to the fourth floor.

Luckily, Anthony's hut was not too far. Nicklaus began to pack up all of his stuff by storing it back in his inventory. Cleaning up in Aincrad was so much easier than in real life. All he had to do was press a few buttons and all of his stuff had already returned back to his inventory. There was no need to fold or carry the stuff anywhere.

As they approach his small shack, Nicklaus had the gleaming scale ready and the bless bait so he can return it back to him. "It took me a while but I finally caught a scale." Nicklaus said as he showed it to the blonde NPC.

"Yes, congratulations. You can now officially fish now." Anthony took back the bless bait, and said good bye to Nicklaus.

As he exited the hut, Rebekah was waiting there for him. He did not what to do next. "Is there anything you want to do or visit?" Nicklaus asked her since she knew a lot more about the floating castle than he did.

As he exited the shop, Rebekah knew that there was somewhere they could go. "Do you want to visit floor 4? There is an amazing cafe called The Frosty Cafe. We can sit down and continue to catch up. I do not know where you are staying but perhaps you can finally visit some of the other floors using the teleportation gate." Rebekah said.

She waited for her brother to agree, then began leading him back into the town of new beginnings to find the teleportation gate at the city centre. There, they could then teleport to the floor that both Snowball and Rebekah had called home. Snowball decided not to fly but ride on her shoulder as they began walking.

"You still have not given me an answer yet about the guild?" Rebekah said. She knew that Nicklaus was still thinking about this in his own mind and especially weighting the pros and cons. She knew that he had struggled following others. He would rather be the leader but right now he is a nobody in this game. She could tell that he was only level 2 right now and that being part of a guild would help as it would help Nicklaus meet others who can help him better than she could.

Thread Summary

Words = 6,121 / 30 x 5 = 1,020 EXP

Nicklaus

1,020 EXP + 300 EXP = 1,320 EXP
Fisher Profession
1 Page = 400 Col
1 Gleaming Sccales
6 Materials

Rebekah

1,020 x 5 = 5,100 EXP
5,100 x .15 = 765 Col + 3,000 Col = 3,765 Col
11 Materials