[F3-PP] The First of Many Mazes <Search for the Hoya>

As Nicklaus went to attack, Rebekah just realized he would not be strong enough to finish the boss that was in front of him. Therefore, she ran after him knowing that she would have to follow up regardless of what had transpired with Nicklaus' personal attack with his long straight sword. Therefore, this was something that Rebekah should have said something to begin with. However, it should be fine given Rebekah immediately sprinted at full speed towards the boss.

Nicklaus must have realized this after he had attacked as he had left out of the way, this gave Rebekah a clear path towards the boss that she needed to slay in this round. She knew if she had missed, then Nicklaus would take damage given that he had drawn the aggro as he was the only person who had struck the monster in front of them. This was going to be a problem, he knew that and would look for ways to mitigate that if she had missed. However, she was determined to finish the battle and return home after this, so Rebekah knew that she was not planning on missing.

Rebekah landed another clean stab at the minotaur and it as well had exploded into the blue pixels all around them. She then turned to Larbook, "Let's head out of here. Shall we." Rebekah then turned towards Nicklaus and told him, "Good job, brother. Let's head home now."

Spoiler

Post Action: [x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.

Nicklaus | HP 140/140 | EN 20/32 | DMG 9 | MIT 6
Rebekah | HP 760/760 | EN 78/88 (-12+2) | DMG 23 | MIT 98 | ACC 4 | EVA 1 | LD 5 | BH 41 | Thorns 36 | EN - 2

ID 208902 | BD = 10 + 4 - 1 = 13 (crit) | DMG = (23 + 2) x 12 = 300

Govarron | HP 0/150 (-300) | DMG 45 | EVA 1

Edited by Rebekah

Nicklaus was surprised at the pace they had made out to get out of the labyrinth. It did not take them more than ten minutes to leave and for them to return directly back to the forest of wavering mist where the visibility had dropped instantly. The visibility was fine in the maze, but he was surprised at how much harder it was to see in the fog.

It would not be too surprising as he had already came this way once already. However, there was one thing he had wanted to know more than anything, how had his performance stacked up to Rebekah's own expectations. He knew that if he did not fall on the first boss, then it would have been an amazing performance. However, that reduced his own rating of himself.

"How do you think I did?" Nicklaus asked as he eagerly waited for her reply. He was ready to take harsh criticism from Rebekah since he knew that was how he was going to learn in this world. Without it, he would not be able to learn and improve. Nicklaus was one who had learned from his mistakes better than anyone and he knew that he would no longer repeat them again in the future. This means he would have to think about his actions going forward and how to improve in battle. At a bare minimum, he would have to consider the skills that her older sister had recommended to him as a start, and to also read the guidebook for beginners.

They were finally back in the wilderness and out of the gloomy dark maze. Nicklaus was now asking for her thoughts on his performance for today. Rebekah knew that he would be hard on himself for that single miss, but she had thought he had done very well for a beginner.

"I think you did an amazing job for today. Yes, I know you had that fall, but it is something that everyone has to experience for the first time in combat. You had gotten back up on your feet and improved for the next time that you had faced the next boss. Although, I am reminded that you are not as strong as I thought you were. You still have a long way to go but hopefully, you can start to begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel." Rebekah spoke.

"Also, since this is your first time taking this quest, I highly recommend you keep the items that were dropped. I already have them and I no longer need a second pair, so I will trade them in this time." Rebekah explained.

As they continue talking, they could finally see the outline of Arruyt in front of them. They had finally returned home back to the safety of the settlement. Perhaps it was now time to grab some lunch soon in this town if Nicklaus was not opposed to the idea. It would be a reward for a well done quest.

Now that the group had returned back to the city where they had began this quest. Nicklaus had heard and listened to Rebekah's advice. It was a no brainer. He had decided to keep both of the trinkets he received as the reward from this quest given his need for trinkets. This would also be his first two perfect items he had earned throughout his time in Aincrad. This would be very important going forward.

All he needed to do now was to wait for Rebekah to formally make that decision to Larbook. He had agreed with her idea. He was starving, so it would be a perfect time for lunch. They would go to a local restaurant on this floor to eat before eventually going their own ways. Her older sister who is richer than him in this game had offered to pay once again. There was no way Nicklaus was going to turn down a free meal, so he was going to attend. He did not know any good restaurants on the third floor or on this town, so he would have to defer to Rebekah who was the expert given that she was a chef, and had an affinity for good high end food.

It was finally time for Rebekah to make that decision. However, she knew the rules and she had already a set of the trinkets, so she told Larbook, "I will like to trade both of these for Hoya of a Minos." She then gave both of her trinkets to Larbook, and her reward had shown up in her inventory. She new these would come in handy as she did not know who but someone would be married soon in the future. This will be very helpful going forward.

It was at this moment, both of them received the quest completed notification and they said goodbye to Larbook. Nicklaus had left her the option to pick what they had wanted to eat today. This was a difficult decision since she had not visited this floor often enough but she was sure she could find a local restaurant to serve them some lunch. They had walked into the first restaurant she could find near the teleportation gate. She hoped that the local cuisine would be very tasty and delicious.

Thread Summary:

6,010 Words / 10 = 601

Rebekah:

601 x 5 x 70% = 2,103 EXP
2,103 x 15% = 315 Col
Hoya of Minos

Nicklaus:

601 x 70% = 420 + 500 (Quest) = 920 EXP
1 Page = 400 Col
Hoya of the West (T1 Perfect Trinket) ACC/ACC/Prosperity
Hoya of the East (T1 Perfect Trinket) EVA/EVA/Quality

Edited by Rebekah