[F16-PP] <<The Swashbuckling Buccaneer>>

<<The Swashbuckling Buccaneer>>

lost cargo.

or, not lost. rather, stolen?

it was the start of yet another quest that seemed standard enough in every other game. so her favourite kind; because they were -- at the very least -- predictable, despite the monotony at its core. and there was some rumor about a unique weapon or other that could've been retrieved from one of the sailors. in truth, that was the reason why she was present, an investigation on some broker's behalf.

but the idea itself was enough for the player to want to go at it on her own terms. night showed, listening to the sailor's speech as he barely looked over his shoulder to address her, an explanation about some pirates or another.

pirates? night raised a brow, arms folded. her gaze was raised towards the distance as the cove was mentioned -- the sailor looking its way as he spoke of it. "either it's used as a place for their storage, or they've docked their ship within it; not that i'd be willing to check it out. it's way above my station, and i'd rather not take the risk on my life!"

"mine's fine though, huh?" she muttered, in a jest. not loud enough for the npc to have picked up on it, so the player raised her voice when the prompt came for her to accept. "sure. i'll investigate."

though, it was only when the formalities were completed that the logistics of the quest struck her. what about the cargo...?

50fiI3R.png | NIGHT
 | Lv. 137 >> P. 105, Lv. 32
 | Status: missing pieces of a quest, definitely.

Notes:
 //

Spoiler

NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT | Stealth Rating: 6

equipped

• oathkeeper.
    FLN II, HLY II (16)
  • stitches.  
    HOLY BLESSING, LIGHT MOMENTUM II
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    ACC II, EVA II

battle-ready inventory

• Jack's Executioner
    BLIGHT (32, -20MIT), BLEED (48), FROSTBITE (40, -1ACC), STATIC (40, 24 SPLASH)
  • Teleport Crystal (3) | Instant | TELEPORT
  • Imugi's Inspiration (5) | Instant | MASS HP RECOVERY [+30*Tier HP]

skills

Spoiler

mod count: 7/7

• 2HSS | RANK 5/5
    • focus, stamina, precision
    • shift: aoe
  • CLOTH ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • athletics, nimble
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 4+1/5
    • reveal, tracking, detect, night vision
  • BATTLE HEALING | RANK 5/5
  • ENERGIST
  • FAMILIAR: PROFESSION
  • QUICK CHANGE
  • CHARGE
  • EXTENDED MOD LIMIT

extra

1. SURVIVAL
  2. CONCENTRATION
  3. HIDING
    • untraceable, vanish, surprise attack-t

buffs

Spoiler

statue

• BIALAS | +TAUNT

consumables

1. - - -
  2. - - -

paragon

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

sword arts

Spoiler

en cost matches multiplier unless stated otherwise. shift underlined.

• ST | x12 -> x15 | x20
  • AOE | x15 -> x18
  • TECH-A | x12 | STUN | 13EN
  • TECH-B | x12 | DELAY
  • TECH-D | x12 | SHATTER
  • TECH-G | x12 | BURN

misc.

Spoiler

housing

• Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

gathering

• Greenhouse
    | +2 G.EXP, +1 CD&LD to gathering attempts.
  • Familiar: Profession
    | +2 G.EXP
  • Demeter's Cornucopia
    | +1 CD to gathering attempts. 

Enemies could be anywhere...that was always the truth in this forsaken game.

No thanks to Princess tipping off certain individuals, Dazia had recently gained a minor reputation of notoriety...in a way that could easily make people suspicious of Dazia's presence. If Dazia couldn't prove Princess wrong somehow, she'd be chased all around Aincrad as if she was most wanted. Having to deal with those odd players near the coastline was enough for today, but she'd heard there was a quest around this floor somewhere...now if she could just find the damn location...

It was only when Dazia spotted a player speaking with an NPC that her sense of caution spiked again. The NPCs didn't seem to mind her presence yet, but she could never be too sure about players she didn't know. She took cover immediately, concealing herself with what was around her. Until she could do something about Princess staining her name, Dazia would have to always proceed with caution.

ID# 208805 LD: 19+5=24
Stealth Rating: 24

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 32

Paragon: 10(Paragon stat changes: +40 HP, + 4 EN)

Paragon Level 5 - Laurel Wreath (Earn Col equivalent to 15% of player’s EXP earned in thread)

Battle Stats:

HP: 680
EN: 86
DMG: 23(SS R5[7], Combat mastery: DMG[12], Athletics[1], SS Ferocity[2])
MIT: 44(Cloth Armor R5[20], Raven Shade[24])
ACC: 3(Shadow Fury[1], Soaring Shadow[2])
EVA: 4(Raven Shade[2], Soaring Shadow[1], Nimble[1])
LD: 1(Nimble)
Fallen: +8 DMG on nat BD 6-8

Additional Factors:

+5 LD on Stealth rolls(Hiding R5)

Equipment:

[T4] Shadow Fury(Fallen, ACC)

[T4] Raven Shade(1 MIT, 2 EVA)

[T1] Soaring Shadow(2 ACC, 1 EVA)

Consumables:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

Straight Sword R5(30 SP)

Cloth Armor R5(30 SP)

Combat Mastery: Damage(13 SP)

Extended Mod Limit(10 SP)

Shift: AoE(10 SP)

Extra Skills:

Hiding(30 SP)

Meditation

Survival

Mods:

Athletics(4 SP)

Untraceable(4 SP)

Blindside(4 SP)

Vanish(6 SP)

Surprise Attack: Assassin(6 SP)

Addons:

SS Ferocity(6 SP)

Nimble(6 SP)

Edited by Dazia

a boat.

"your... uncle's... rowboat."

"yeah."

night tried not to look disgruntled, looking to the water, noticing the seemingly shoddy rowboat tied to one of the pier's pillars with a rope. a hand placed at the pillar, her dissatisfaction still bled through when her gaze went to the sailor. "so, let me get this straight. you wouldn't stake your life on this expedition, but you'd stake... your uncle's rowboat just in case a stranger would've followed through on your request."

"yeah."

her eyes shot to the skies, offended. "and what happens if i lose it?"

"well--"

the sailor scratched at the back of his head, frowning, before deciding to wave his hands around trying to shrug the idea of flaws in his plans off. "-- then don't lose it! obviously!"

"right. i may not come back alive, as you'd said."

"then i'll tell him i lost it or something!"

cardinal was sure thankful the player could put up with its antics so much. night merely rolled her eyes, hopping down into the rowboat gracefully. the vessel had barely shook under her weight, the woman taking great care not to upset it through her fall. a seat in the dinghy, hands adjusted to the paddles. she'd seen her mirror do this a few times. how should she continue?

Dazia would begin hearing a conversation play out as she slowly made her way closer. Chances were, the other player might be taking a quest.

It might be the one Dazia was searching for.

So she considered her options. She could attempt to tag along, with the risk of being attacked or challenged by the other player. She could continue to remain in stealth, and shadow the other player taking the quest, with the risk of being discovered along the way. Or, she could wait it out and attempt the quest on her own...due to the fact that this was an MMO, the latter option seemed the least viable. The first option, however, still had the potential to be dangerously risky...

For the time being, she would remain in stealth and continue getting closer, but slowly and cautiously. Even upon slightly closer inspection, Dazia had no visual recognition of this player... If things ever went south, at least she had a teleport crystal.

ID# 208816 LD: 11+5=16

Stealth Rating: 16

Edited by Dazia

there was space in the boat for just another person, in case she ever tagged along with someone else. and, given the width of the boat, had a party squeezed in, the players would've made way for four just fine. instead, alone, night simply rowed her way out to sea, away from the pier, gaze looking out towards the horizon.

boat rowing was tough work. it almost made her glad that she wasn't the one in charge of the controls for the most part. just think, how much effort would she have to have expended if someone else had gotten in the boat with her? the thought of it alone was already making her exhausted, so she pushed it aside, trying to steer the boat towards the cove.

the pirates' base was located on the other side of the water; out in the middle of the sea, across the pier. a natural rock formation was set to hide their ship set in an enclave, forming the outline of a horseshoe, its curve turned towards the way she came from. off to one side, sat upon its sandy coast, was a couple of dilapidated shacks painted darkened cool hues, rickety wooden structures that attempted to blend in with the cliff face it was attached to.

night wasn't worried about her appearance at the locale. boat parked along the shore, she finally allowed herself a sigh of relief from the work out, swearing internally to do add it to her routine, before starting to scramble out the boat.

ID208817 | ld2 + 7 = 9 | it's just. boat time.

Dazia took some thoughts into consideration. If she was going to take the same boat as this other player, she'd have to do it now. "No time like the present to be reckless, I suppose..." Dazia thought.

As the other player was finishing up conversation with the NPC, Dazia got herself into the boat and covered herself with a large rag. Hopefully she'd be able to blend in with this dinghy for the time being. Soon, she heard the sounds of someone getting into the dinghy. No doubt, it was the player who had now finished speaking with the NPC. Dazia remained still, her sense of hearing being her only hint as to what was going on.

It felt like some time, remaining still and keeping hidden under the cover of the rag. Soon, she felt less general movement from the dinghy. Dazia would wait to hear the player leaving the boat before slowly peeking her cowl-covered head out from the rag to see whether or not it was safe to leave the cover of the rag and out of the dinghy.

ID# 208818 LD: 9+5=14

Stealth Rating: 14

Edited by Dazia

no, wait. the last she remembered, the other side of the boat was empty. now, she wasn't sure when the shawl had appeared on her vessel. between the times she'd looked away, too engrossed in getting her hands right upon the handles of the oars, and the habit of watching her destination grow closer and closer by the paddle, there had to be some reason why there was cargo loaded onto a once-empty rowboat.

because she wasn't hellbent on being some pirate's delivery player.

night stepped out of the vehicle, eyes set upon the stowaway object and her pace rounding towards the matted rag. a brief tug at it -- she was certain it would've been easy to unveil, had the cargo underneath it been inanimate, and yet there felt a certain resistance in that pull. so she ripped at it harder, unamused at the idea that it had been a different player.

the moment she spotted that green cursor, it took all of her effort not to muster up a grief-laden dissatisfaction. so it wasn't that she'd been weak, after all. rather, she was rowing for two, and frankly, it would've been nice to know from the beginning before she'd expended the effort.

night squatted, had she the chance. dead fish eyes looked right at the stranger, the makings of a scowl pushing through her expression. "you're kidding," was muttered briefly under her breath, before she spoke in earnest. "so, are you gonna pay the fare for making me drag you all the way here? --who are you, anyway?"

ID208820 | ld12+7 = 19 | i see you.

A sudden stop could be heard. That can't have been good.

A tug at Dazia's cover was then felt. "Damn it, I knew I should have tried a less obvious method!" She thought.

The rag was then forcefully ripped away from her, and she ended up flinching. Under normal circumstances, the cursor over the other player's green cursor would have been reassuring...but these were not normal circumstances...

There were two dark haired players, just awkwardly scowling at each other. The other player would ask if Dazia was going to pay fare for the trip here, and proceeded to say what came across as demanding to know who she was. "If my name wasn't slandered by a vengeful princess who considers me her sworn enemy, I wouldn't need to be hiding all the time. I normally would have taken better precautionary measures and avoided you, but I needed to find what's literally the only quest on this floor, and last I checked, there was only this boat."

Dazia's next lead happened to drag her here, over the mention of a quest...if Krysta hadn't been tipping players off to turn them against Dazia, she wouldn't be in this position. She'd need to have another chat with Vigilon at some point...see if she can't get him to end this damn charade already.

'a vengeful princess who considered them her sworn enemy?'

"stop, stop." night was caught off-guard from that description. if this was cardinal's way of setting up hidden factions and alliances, surely this would've been placed in some quest or another. but she hadn't heard of royalty nor bloodlines with regards to player heritage. and neither was she certain that description would've fit a video game's narrative, either. because they hadn't been creative enough to step out of the 'saviour complex' trope yet. so... that just meant another player, right...?

but she wasn't keen on following that up with a query, because she wasn't here to play 4k civillization. "last i checked, boats don't give out quests." and it was true, because the terrible nephew of a sailor had offered this ride to her. night narrowed her eyes at the other player, considering those choice of words carefully. "wait, were you... eavesdropping the entire time i was talking to the npc?"

how coy. her expression of suspicion only fell away to annoyance. "you could've just asked to join, you know. and for what that bounty's worth on your head, it can't be as bad as you're making it out to be. what's it in for me to go orange against you, anyway?" a hand gestured towards the stranger's green cursor, night still brimming with agitation at the sight mixed with her own thoughts. "col? i've got enough of that for myself, thank you very much."

and night picked herself up from her squat, offering a hand to the unnamed woman. "well, if you're here for the quest too, then it shouldn't take us long to knock it out together. c'mon. maybe if you do good enough, i'll consider it payment for the ferry."

The other player seemed confused by how Dazia had mentioned the main source of her problems. The other player would also remark that boats didn't give out quests...but then she put two and two together, realizing that Dazia had managed to successfully shadow her up to this point. Upon being asked if she'd done so, Dazia was unable to immediately respond with anything other than an awkwardly timed shoulder shrug. "...Maybe."

The other player proceeded to say that Dazia could've just asked if she wanted to join, and that whatever bounty was on her head probably wasn't as bad as Dazia was making it out to be. Ever heard of the phrase "better safe than sorry"? "Honestly, I should be thankful you've got common sense, unlike some of those bozos out there..." A few of which she'd encountered earlier, but she left that little detail out for the time being. The other player then offered a hand to Dazia, saying that if she helped the player out with the quest, that she could consider it as payment for the impromptu ferrying, as long as Dazia manages to do well enough. "Deal." Dazia decided, accepting the other player's hand. "My username is Dazia, in case you were still wondering."

"night," she shot back, pulling dazia up to her feet. the other woman was short, approximately an inch lesser than night's own height; unknowingly, the player adjusted immediately. "how much of this quest do you know about? besides --" and she rolled her eyes "-- whatever you'd heard about me speaking to the sailor back on land."

depending on dazia's answer, night would nod, arms folded, her head turned towards the shack. the pirates' gathering hall. she gestured to it with the jab of her thumb. "they're inside," she explained. "illegal activities require a hideaway." and the criminals must've disobeyed construction laws, too, for how neglected the shed appeared to look. "the cargo our sailor's looking for is probably in the back. on the ship, likely; otherwise, somewhere on the planks in between. there's got to be a storage area somewhere that's holding where they keep their plunder."

her words were cut off with a rousing laughter, the heavy sounds of wood slamming upon table surfaces apparent, even though they'd sounded distant. her head turned, if only for a moment, before going back to addressing her ally. "how's your build looking?" neither of their garments seemed to show the stereotypical class archetypes most games usually featured; common for the reality they lived in, though night was beginning to forget otherwise after hanging around nari long enough. "i'll take point and draw aggro if need be. we'll go through them slowly, so we won't be overwhelmed."

The other player introduced herself as Night as she helped Dazia up. The woman was only an inch taller than Dazia. In all honesty, Dazia didn't mind that the difference was only an inch. Night asked to know what Dazia had eavesdropped on. "What I got close enough to hear was you two discussing the means of transportation to the targets' cove. However, the frantic expressions show evidence of having escaped or survived an assault of some sort. Seeing that the targets you were sent after are in a secluded locale across the water, a fair enough distance away from the main Island of the floor, what happened could come clear if the hints were put together." She explained, thinking aloud as she did. "Piracy." She deduced.

Night would then note that the targets were inside the poorly-built shack, and that somewhere inside the rickety structure, or on board their ship, was the stolen cargo. The new ally would be cut off by a loud, boisterous noise. As distant as it was, the volume seemed to speak, well, volumes of the targets' arrogance, that they never considered the fact that they could have been followed, with enemies sent to put them down.

Dazia was asked about her build, probably for strategic clarification. "I focus mainly on damage and survival. I took up stealth as a survival aspect, but with the right additions, it makes fighting much easier." She answered. She then looked towards the targets' location. "Personally, I doubt they'll see me coming, as long as we know what we're doing."

She would then move to approach the rickety shack. She began to open it cautiously, as to avoid making enough noise to alert the targets. Dazia then slowly drew her blade. So far, she hadn't been noticed. There might be five enemies within her vision, but a Surprise Attack should be able to wipe those smiles off the enemies' faces at the very least...

ID# 208862 LD: 9+5=14

Stealth Rating: 14(Surpasses Passive Detection. NPCs/Mobs are currently unable to detect Dazia)

Edited by Dazia

stealth -- sure. night was keen on that route of action, too, had it just been herself alone. but it was easier to go in guns blazing, she thought, despite dazia's combat preference. "then you sneak in," the player commented, oathkeeper forging in her hands as her ally started to move. "where it counts, i'll play distraction."

and where it counted was the first moment she'd walked in. the doorway was notably enough to fit a human about twice the size of either the woman, and hence there was enough space for the assassin to round the room had there been a need to. five targets in their periphery; three at a table in front, chattering boisterously, with two playing a round of cards behind. dark, its interior, despite the few windows there were to the outdoors, broken squares devoid of glass, making the room's scent akin to the briny sea air. and night's appearance only stole what scarce sunlight was present from the room.

had it interrupted the two men at the back, surely they would've turned to look. instead, the three were first to move, playing guard for the rest of their crew. each had a bandana adorned of various colors around their foreheads. the pirate in blue, a mug in his hand, was the first to scowl and shake his affect towards their shack's new entrant. "--and who in the world are you?!"

"get lost!"
"this is no place for strangers."

night only tilted her head, frowning at the response. "well, that wasn't very nice of any of you."

"you're on our territory," one of them barked, "if anything, you should be nice to us."

"oh, sorry." her words dripped with sarcasm. night raised her hands, one palm open, the other gripping her blade as its tip was pointed towards the ceiling.

"hey!"
"watch it!"

"i was just here to inquire about some stolen goods is all. do you think you can help me with it?"

but none of the attention was to her words. rather, the pirates' gazes were to the threat brought up from that complete whiteness in her hold. two of them near stood upon noticing the weapon. and night continued to play dumb, looking towards the men with a vacant expression.

"you brandish a sword in these parts, you're asking for it to be used upon ye!"

"what'sit to you, girlie, you looking for a fight?"

night's only response was two blinks, a pretense of unknowing. then, in one swift motion --

"yes."

a quick sweep of that blade against her opponents started the party's initial attack.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: AOE-I

ID208864 | bd10 | -> Pirate Deckhand #1
ID208865 | bd8 | -> Pirate Deckhand #2
ID208866 | bd6 | -> Pirate Deckhand #3

15 + (2*3) -2 = 19 EN

(21+16) * 15 = 555 DMG
555 - 40 = 515 DMG

Pirate Deckhand #1 | HP: -265/250 | DMG: 85 | MIT: 40
Pirate Deckhand #2 | HP: -265/250 | DMG: 85 | MIT: 40
Pirate Deckhand #3 | HP: -265/250 | DMG: 85 | MIT: 40

NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 127/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT | Stealth Rating: 6

Night would enter and catch three of the targets' attention. She made some witty banter with them before eliminating all three in one fell swoop. What pathetic minions those deckhands were. It was then that the other two Pirate Deckhands had noticed they had an intruder, as well as the fact that said intruder had just effortlessly slaughtered three of their crewmates. Dazia still hadn't been noticed. but the surprised shouting that came from the two deckhands were followed by fast approaching footsteps. Dazia readied her Sword Art, but she would wait until the right moment to activate it.

Two figures would barge into the scene. One of which, who appeared as a burly and strong male, seemed agitated at the apparent commotion that led him here. The other seemed to be a female that was more vocal about the situation. "Oi, what's going on he-"

Dazia unleashed her Sword Art, leaving red marks that could easily suggest large gashes in the targets. The Deckhands cried out as they were flung by the impact just before they shattered. The burly figure let out nothing more than a pained grunt, while the female beside him seemed so suffer a more severe blow. The male boatswain glared at Dazia, and the female struggled to keep herself standing after the force of the blow. One hand on her blade, the other against the red mark across her torso. While her glare was less intimidating, Dazia could see the hatred within. "Yer gonna pay for that one, lass."

Dazia took position to evade, countering the target with a glare of her own. "Try me."

Action taken: Surprise Attack(Assassin)

ID# 208868 BD: 4

ID# 208869 BD: 10

ID# 208870 BD: 4

ID# 208871 BD: 10

Infernal Crescent(AoE-I): 27x15-40=365 DMG to Pirate Deckhand 4, 27x15-100=305 DMG to Boatswain Amir, 29x15-40=395 DMG to Pirate Deckhand 5, 29x15-50=385 DMG to Boatswain Jessamine

[1-2]Dazia | HP 680/680 | EN 63/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | Fallen: 4 | LD: 1 | Stealth Rating: 5

[0-0]NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 127/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT | Stealth Rating: 6

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pirate Deckhand #4 | HP: --115/250 | DMG: 85 | MIT: 40

Pirate Deckhand #5 | HP: -145/250 | DMG: 85 | MIT: 40

Boatswain Amir | HP: 395/700 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 100 | EVA: 2

Boatswain Jessamine | HP: 165/550 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2

Edited by Dazia

"Yer gonna pay for that one, lass."

"Try me."

the readiness to evade was probably important. for night's rush forward upon noticing the backdoor fly open was in the boatswains' introductions, and she hadn't thought twice about where her ally would've been before she struck. one slash downwards -- her first attack towards the burlier once he'd been slammed to the floor, the cut across his entire form was the man's death sentence before he disintegrated to the ether.

following through her momentum, a rounded slash, curved horizontal, tore into more environment than opponents. wooden furniture drew cracks in her assault; broken barrels, benches and toppled bottles splashing drink onto rotten floorboards. the edge of that sword art sliced into the woman from the pair -- the last trace of her night had realized was different was the hat donned on the pirate. a screech ensued, paired with the drop of a sword almost readied for a counter attack and the sound of shattered glass.

night forced her movements to a halt, giving her blade back to her inventory, the blade spiraling out of sight and fading before their eyes. "didn't have to."

and just as she was turning back to face dazia, the clatter of something by her feet caught her attention. a collection of blades that originally weren't present -- had they been stashed away in one of the barrels she'd broken open earlier? it sure looked like it, the way they were scattered across the floor, and yet she could've sworn they hadn't been present before she turned the floor's way. night bent down to pick one up, examining it close.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: AOE-II

ID208887 | bd8+3-2 = 7 | -> Amir
ID208888 | bd4+3 = 7 | -> Jessamine

18 + (2*2) -2-4 = 16 EN

21 * 18 = 378 DMG
378 - 50 = 328 DMG

(21+16+1) * 18 = 684 DMG
684 - 100 = 584 DMG

Boatswain Amir | HP: -189/700 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 100 | EVA: 2
Boatswain Jessamine | HP: -163/550 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2

Dazia | HP 680/680 | EN 63/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | Fallen: 4 | LD: 1 | Stealth Rating: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 111/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT

Before Dazia knew it, Night had quite literally jumped into the fray, and proceeded to finish off the two survivors of Dazia's attack. It wouldn't seem like Dazia would be getting close to avoiding debt anytime soon, but if there was anything left, she might have to get a move on before it was too late, otherwise she'd have to pay this acquaintance.

The player noticed two weapons had clattered onto the floor, and began to examine one of them. Dazia looked at the other blade, but now was not the time to rummage through junk in hopes of finding what was likely an unidentified weapon that would usually turn out to be a wasted gamble instead.

The sound of footsteps caught Dazia's attention. "There's more." Dazia whispered to her ally, before backing up and taking position to hide. Only one came out the door, so it would be safe to guess that he would be a bigger threat than all the two had faced previously. He saw the mess that had been made here, as well as the damages that were done to the poorly built structure. "What do ya think you're doin', bargin' in here and massacrin' Greybeard's crew?" He began. He couldn't believe what these two had just done. He looked over to Dazia, spotting her in the shadows. "And don't think I can't see ye there!"

Dazia remained silent, her only response being to glare at the target. "What, am I supposed to think you're intimidating, little scamp? I've seen worse than you." The target responded. Dazia's eyes burned as she immediately drew her weapon. "Do you want to try saying that again?" She threatened as she stared infernal daggers at the target. "Oh, please..." The target sighed, unimpressed. "I don't care what either of ye try, neither of ya will be leaving here alive. Any last words before I cut ye both down where ye stand?

Dazia took this as an opportunity. This was why she was here, after all. She came to this floor to follow a lead. "...Midnight. Blade. Earthen Sun." She spoke. The target seemed confused. "That's...what's the Obsidian Cove got to to do with this? Nothing!" He uttered out. "Ah, so that's what it means, a location...about damn time my lead actually got somewhere." Dazia thought. "Obsidian Cove. Noted, thank you for your cooperation. With that out of the way, let's get this over with..." She said aloud as she readied her weapon.

ID# 208956 LD: 4+5=9(Failed to pass Passive Detection. Dazia is found.)

Edited by Dazia

she would've hid, the moment dazia had suggested the entry of a different personnel. and yet, the kicking of weapons scattered across the floor made it difficult to do so. night dropped the one she was holding in haste, and it clattered upon the wood. upon realizing its volume, she rolled her eyes and readied her blade instead.

the captain? at least, whoever it was seemed like it. and in the banter between her party member and the enemy, the player only found herself stiffening, almost being ignored.

not that it mattered. perhaps it was impatience, the reason why she was so eager to pull the trigger. a pass of keywords from them to the pirate, before she heard the sound of dazia unsheathing her weapon. that was all night needed to work with in the moment.

and she'd been ready the entire time. before the quartermaster could even ready his first swing, the woman's blade was already through him, holy light rending across his knee. as though cutting out where his peg-leg should go, the pirate only hollered and fell over at her strike. night bounced back, giving ample room to her companion -- the man should've been easy to strike, given their positions.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: AoE-I

ID209042 | bd9 | -> Burlock

15 + 2 -2-4 = 11 EN

(21+2+16) * 15 = 585 DMG
585 - 80 = 505 DMG

[0,3] Burlock | HP: 495/1000 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | CD10+: [DoT: 30 DMG (2)] | BD9/10: +50/100 DMG, CD10+: PHASE | Disablement Immune

NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 100/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT
Dazia | HP 680/680 | EN 63/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | Fallen: 4 | LD: 1 | Stealth Rating: 5

Before Dazia could strike, Night made her attack on the target, knocking him over. The target fell to the ground as Dazia was attempting to use her sword art. The attack missed the target by an inch, but the poorly crafted "doorframe" sustained heavy damage.

However, the doorframe wasn't what Dazia intended to hit. At this rate, she just might bring the house down instead of the target.

The target proceeded to get up, and he would lunge with his weapon. Dazia attempted to stop him in his tracks, but the target proved to be stronger than expected. "Out of the way, scamp." He grumbled as he shoved her aside before lashing out at the other player, slashing across her avatar with his cutlass. The damage dealt, however, didn't seem to be much of an issue. Dazia took position to ready another sword art, but she'd have to time it right as to avoid any allies getting caught in the crossfire.

(Dazia)ID# 209043 BD: 4+3-2=5(miss)

(Burlock)ID# 209044 BD: 7+2-3=6(hit)

[0,3] Burlock | HP: 495/1000 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | CD10+: [DoT: 30 DMG (2)] | BD9/10: +50/100 DMG, CD10+: PHASE | Disablement Immune

NIGHT | HP: 949/1080 | EN: 100/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT
Dazia | HP 680/680 | EN 65/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | Fallen: 8 | LD: 1 | Stealth Rating: 5

Edited by Dazia

it was in shifting out of the way that she found herself caught at the other end of the pirate's blade. and night stumbled backwards, swearing there was still space to move -- yet for some reason all her back could feel were tables that had failed to be knocked over from their earlier brawl: the clatter of mugs, playing cards and trashy weapons all causing more disarray than the players ever needed to face. she hissed, arm brushing over everything else she'd knocked over, trying to shove them all aside.

it wouldn't matter the moment she landed a strike on the quartermaster. but, as chaos had proven otherwise, her restricted movements were suddenly all the tells cardinal needed for its pawns to shift out of harm's way. one downwards swing, part lunge in her act -- all the grizzled man had to do was side-step that strike, and night snarled in return. almost deliberately, she allowed her attack to follow through, pushing aside the rest of the furniture around her, clearing space.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: AOE-II

ID209046 | bd2+3-2 = 3 | -> Burlock

2 -4 = +2 EN

[0,3] Burlock | HP: 495/1000 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | CD10+: [DoT: 30 DMG (2)] | BD9/10: +50/100 DMG, CD10+: PHASE | Disablement Immune

NIGHT | HP: 1004/1080 | EN: 102/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3+2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT
Dazia | HP 680/680 | EN 65/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | Fallen: 8 | LD: 1 | Stealth Rating: 5

Night had trouble attempting a counterattack, as the debris and clutter would get in her way as the target sidestepped. Dazia activated her sword art, and unleashed it against the target from behind. A little over a quarter of his HP was depleted. Not bad, but not ideal, either. She'd need to get a stronger weapon at some point, probably invest in phase, if she could find a weapon that had it.

The target cried out in pain as he was attacked from behind, but his focus did not shift. He was insistent in attacking the other player, who he'd thrust his blade into. This normally would have started to become a problem, but the target's HP was dropping too fast for him to be a threat to the two players. Nevertheless, the target did not see fit to admit defeat. "Ye've ruined everything...I'll see to it that ye both be sent to Davy Jones' locker!" He snarled. Dazia scoffed in response, the target was truly pitiful. "Not like that, you won't."

(Dazia)ID# 209048 BD: 9

Infernal Crescent: 24x15-80=280 Damage to Burlock

(Burlock)ID# 209049 BD: 9

[2,3] Burlock | HP: 215/1000 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | CD10+: [DoT: 30 DMG (2)] | BD9/10: +50/100 DMG, CD10+: PHASE | Disablement Immune

NIGHT | HP: 823/1080 | EN: 102/146 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3+2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | TAUNT
Dazia | HP 680/680 | EN 54/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | Fallen: 8 | LD: 1 | Stealth Rating: 5

Edited by Dazia