[F10 - R4 Tailor] 明るい (akarui)

DTqDfeyW4AE0OlC?format=jpg&name=large
One of the few populated locations in the large city of Yomi, 明るい - written in the Rōmaji language as akarui, or Luminous - this small shop stands out against those around it through the fact that it contains active power, a small light in the otherwise dark and abandoned city. Maintaining the traditional Japanese styling that is found throughout Yomi, the shop contains a windowless front, with a large noren containing the symbol for 'star'.

Upon entering the shop, customers are greeted by a warm and welcoming shop front, containing numerous standing displays of clothing and armour pieces on mannequins, and shelves filled with numerous different fabrics, linens and assorted plush items.

Behind the counter that divides the storefront can be seen a collection of tailoring tools, between a work table that stretches several metres long, a spinning wheel, as well as large cabinets that contain the multiple different materials.

Laid out on the counter for customers are a collection of diagrams for possible creations, commonly ordered items and concepts that are currently available. Alongside these diagrams are custom order forms that can be completed by customers who want something beyond what is currently available.

Standard Pricing
Item Quality Col Cost
(In Stock)
Material Cost
(In Stock)
Col Cost
(Custom Order)
Material Cost
(Custom Order)
Uncommon 350 1 700 2
Rare 400 1 800 3
Perfect 600 1 1,200 4

Custom Order Template
Order Form Current Order Queue
Item Name: [Insert Desired Name Here]
Item Type: [Insert Desired Item Type Here]
Tier: [Select Desired Tier]
Quality: [Uncommon/Rare/Perfect/Demonic]
Enhancements: [Insert Desired Enhancements Here]
Description: [Insert Additional Desired Description Here]

Please note that standard descriptions are used, unless specific desires are requested.
No Pending Orders

Current Stock

When ordering, please include the ID Number for reference on purchase.

Royal Blue T-Shirt [T1; Clothing] | LD I
Light Green Haori [T1; Cloth Armour] | LD I
Light Red Haori [T1; Cloth Armour] | EVA I | LM II
White Tunic [T1; Cloth Armour] | LM I
Light Blue Haori [T2; Cloth Amour] | EVA I | REGEN I | LM I
Silver Haori [T3; Cloth Armour] | LM I
Silver Samue [T3; Clothing] | LD I
Red Haori [T3; Cloth Armour] | EVA I | REGEN I

Light Blue Haori [T3; Cloth Armour] | EVA I | REGEN I | RISKY I

Zenshu stood in the doorway, staring into the shop. It was humble, meagrely stocked and overall underwhelming compared to most well situated storefronts that he had been in during his time in Aincrad. What it didn’t lack, however, was the fact that it was his – that he had earned it.

“This is something that I’m not just going to run, I’m going to run it well. It’s going to take time, and effort – but I have an abundance of both, and I plan on making this a huge success. No matter how much time and effort it takes!”

Determination abundant on his face, Zenshu stepped behind the counter, taking stock of his materials before setting to work on his very first creations in his newly opened shop. It was void of customers, for now, but he knew soon enough he’d be filling orders.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-06
[0/19 EXP] Rank 1 - Beiginner TailorAble to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 1 [Black Suit]
ID209429 | CD: 4 | LD: 8 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209430 | CD: 7 | LD: 11 | Salvage (Save Materials)

Result: +3 EXP (1+2) [3/19 EXP]

Zenshu's eyes roamed over the discarded fabric that he had been working with the day before. Most of it was a complete loss - the designs either I'll fitting, or simply not turning out the way he had imagined. The pieces in his mind, which seemed so simple, had turned out to be far more complex than Zenshu was prepared for - and the final products, if they could even be called that - had been tossed aside as he realised they were doomed for failure. 

"Today is a new day though, so let's not let the failures of the past hold us back! Keep trying, and eventually I'll succeed. I just need to keep practicing, and one day I'll be as good as that NPC - or even better!"

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-07
[3/19 EXP] Rank 1 - Beiginner TailorAble to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 1 [Clothing]
ID209432 | CD: 5 | LD: 11 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209433 | CD: 5 | LD: 12 | Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +2 EXP (1+1) [5/19 EXP]

The strewn about clothing bespoke to the difficulties that Zenshu had been having with his designs. He huffed slightly as he glanced over his shop – cluttered with tossed aside materials and pieces of half-completed, yet abandoned clothing. His most recent attempts had been even more disappointing than those he had tried the day before.

“Well, they do say success doesn’t come easy. But this is far harder than I had anticipated. I sure hope that the eventual payoff is worth my time!” Setting aside his feelings of disappointment and despair, Zenshu returned to his work, determined to find success in the shop no matter what it required – and no matter how long it took.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-08
[5/19 EXP] Rank 1 - Beiginner TailorAble to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209437 | CD: 6 | LD: 4 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209438 | CD: 3 | LD: 2 | Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +2 EXP (1+1) [7/19 EXP]

Zenshu glanced about the shop, his eyes passing over the heaps of clothing left incomplete on the table - most tossed aside once Zenshu figured out that the pieces were not coming out the way he wished. He sighed as he reviewed the growing piles, wondering what he was doing wrong.

"I just need to continue pushing forward. Soon, I'll get the hang of it and have the success I need to really get things rolling around here!"

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-09
[7/19 EXP] Rank 1 - Beiginner TailorAble to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209458 | CD: 5 | LD: 18 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209459 | CD: 8 | LD: 11 | Salvage (Save Materials)

Result: +3 EXP (1+2) [10/19 EXP]

His success hadn't truly grown, but as he glanced about the tossed aside materials Zenshu was happy that he could at least save some of the materials he'd used the day previous. 

"Sometimes it's the little things...I may not have finished a piece yet - but at least everything I'm using hasn't been an entire waste! I can probably re-use some of this for today's work...and maybe I'll have a bit more success with it!"

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-10
[10/19 EXP] Rank 1 - Beiginner TailorAble to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209466 | CD: 5 | LD: 10 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209467 | CD: 4 | LD: 20 | Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +2 EXP (1+1) [12/19 EXP]

Another failure of an attempt. Zenshu wondered what he was doing wrong - sure, he'd been gaining good experience even with his failures. He'd seen the progress in his level, but also in his ability to tell when something was going wrong and to stop. But he'd yet to figure out exactly how he was supposed to find success in the things he was creating. Pulling aside the wasted pieces, he settled himself into the work table once more, taking time to set his materials and goods up before beginning his work.

"Soon, I'll get the hang of this. I can't let these failures drag me down. I'm already getting better - maybe I haven't completed an award winning, eye-catching piece yet, but it's coming! And that's all that matters. Eventually, I'll get there. I just need to keep going."

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-12
[12/19 EXP] Rank 1 - Beiginner TailorAble to craft Tier 1 equipment. 2 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209501 | CD: 4 | LD: 16 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209502 | CD: 12 | LD: 7 | Perfect [3 Slots]

Result: +9 EXP (1+8) [21/39 EXP]

Crafting Tier 1 [Cloth Armour]
ID209503 | CD: 3 | LD: 12 | Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +1 EXP [22/39 EXP]

New Items:
| Perfect Clothing [ID209502]

Yesterday's piece had gone relatively well. He'd managed to complete a full set of samue that had turned out relatively stylish - enough so that he'd held on to the piece, considering using it for his own wear purposes. 

"Persistence is key. I consistently put my effort into it, and eventually I was rewarded with success. I just need to keep that in mind, with all the pieces that I'm trying - I won't always succeed immediately, but if I work hard, and keep trying then eventually it'll pay off!"

He gave a broad smile to himself and the otherwise empty room, before seating himself at the work table once more. His skill having increased, he decided it was time to try something a little more difficult, but possibly worthwhile to him.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-13
[22/39 EXP] Rank 2 - Apprentice TailorAble to craft Tier 2 equipment. 3 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209525 | CD: 1 | LD: 10 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209526 | CD: 5 | LD: 10 | Salvage (Lose Materials)
ID209527 | CD: 1 | LD: 11 | Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +4 EXP (1+2+1) [26/39 EXP]

New Items:
N/A

Even with his increased rank, Zenshu was finding that his luck wasn't getting any better with his work. Sure, he'd managed to create the one set of clothing - which had turned out nicer than he'd expected, if he was honest with himself. But since then, he'd wasted more than he'd prefer to have done. He was aware that there would be loss - that just came with any success or business - however, he'd never expected to have this much trouble. 

Knowing there was no point in focusing only on the negative - it for sure wouldn't increase his success rate at least. Putting aside the thought of all the wasted material, Zenshu sat at the table - determined to keep trying, no matter how long it took to create his masterpieces. He knew it would be a long time before he was creating the eye catching pieces he wanted, but until that day he'd continue trying. Giving up wouldn't help him here.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-14
[26/39 EXP] Rank 2 - Apprentice TailorAble to craft Tier 2 equipment. 3 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 2 [Cloth Armour]
ID209559 | CD: 1 | LD: 15 | Critical Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209506 | CD: 6 | LD: 16 | Salvage (Save Materials)
ID209561 | CD: 6 | LD: 15 | Salvage (Save Materials)

Result: +5 EXP (1+2+2) [31/39 EXP]

New Items:
N/A

Zenshu's success had completely halted, and as he glanced about his shop he began to wonder what he was doing wrong. He was thankful that his mistakes yesterday had not completely wasted all of his materials - he'd been able to save a good portion of the threads that he'd been using. 

"Well, I guess I should be glad for that at least! I'm not losing out on anything. Simply not making as much progress as I'd like to be making...but then again, I'm not really that skillful yet. I have only been doing this for a a little while, after all! I'm sure with enough time, and patience, that my skill will become...well, better. Maybe even masterful...although I hope that we're not here long enough for that to occur..."

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-15
[31/39 EXP] Rank 2 - Apprentice TailorAble to craft Tier 2 equipment. 3 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209579 | CD: 8 | LD: 2 | Salvage (Lose Materials)
ID209580 | CD: 7 | LD: 18 | Salvage (Save Materials)
ID209581 | CD: 2 | LD: 16 | Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +5 EXP (2+2+1) [36/39 EXP]

New Items:
N/A

Success. It was a word that Zenshu was starting to think may be well outside of his grasp. No matter how much effort, no matter how careful he'd been over the past few days, he'd not found it. As he stared at the growing piles of reject - some salvageable, some complete losses - he couldn't help but begin to wonder if he would ever break out of the rhythm of lose that had occurred over and over again.

"It may be hard to hold on to the hopes...to know that one day it'll change. But one day it will change! I'm going to keep working at it until I finally become successful - I can't fail forever...I mean, even logically I should get lucky at least once or twice..."

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-16
[36/39 EXP] Rank 2 - Apprentice TailorAble to craft Tier 2 equipment. 3 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 1 [Cloth Armour]
ID209599 | CD: 9 | LD: 7 | Uncommon [1 Slot]
ID209600 | CD: 3 | LD: 13 | Fail (Save Materials)
ID209601 | CD: 12 | LD: 18 | Perfect [3 Slots]

Result: +12 EXP (3+1+8) [48/79 EXP]

New Items:
| Uncommon [ID209599]
| Perfect [ID209601]

His success had finally come, and as he stared over the completed items, Zenshu couldn't help but admire his handiwork. Sure, he could see some flaws in the designs - things that a master would look down upon. But over all, it was acceptable work that he would be proud - well, that he was proud - to display in his shop. 

His eyes flitted over the pieces still waiting, his confidence having returned as the ideas began to flow into his mind. Smiling, he settled himself behind the threading wheel. He had finally found his successful streak. He knew there was still a chance that it was just a one-off, but it was enough to bolster his failing spirit, and that was all that mattered right now.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-17
[48/79 EXP] Rank 3 - Professional TailorAble to craft Tier 3 equipment. 4 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 1 [Cloth Armour]
ID209613 | CD: 12 | LD: 3 | Perfect [3 Slots]
ID209614 | CD: 6 | LD: 14 | Salvage (Save Materials)
ID209615 | CD: 4 | LD: 18 | Fail (Lose Materials)
ID209616 | CD: 1 | LD: 13 | Critical Fail (Lose Materials)

Result: +12 EXP (8+2+1+1) [60/79 EXP]

New Items:
| Perfect [ID209613]

The day off had helped Zenshu to clear his mind, giving him time to push away the constant failures that had been plaguing his optimism, and leaving him wondering if he wasn't better off giving up. He'd spent the time simply exploring the city, looking into other closed tailor shops - and browsing through a few NPC-based ones - in order to find inspiration in his work. While it had left him refreshed, it had also left him with far more ideas than he'd expected to walk away with.

"Well, at least I won't be bored, or lost for though for a while! I should be looking forward to this! I've lots of practice to do, and so many different concepts to work with now. The only big question is, where to start?" He glanced at the few items that he had on display, before nodding to himself. "Perhaps I should perfect a single piece, before attempting to expand my repetoire too much...I've got just the thing in mind for today!"

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-19
[60/79 EXP] Rank 3 - Professional TailorAble to craft Tier 3 equipment. 4 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID209645 | CD: 4 | LD: 11 | Fail [Lose Materials]
ID209646 | CD: 11 | LD: 16 | Rare [2 Slots]
ID209647 | CD: 1 | LD: 8 | Critical Fail [Lose Materials]
ID209648 | CD: 12 | LD: 1 | Perfect [3 Slots]

Result: +15 EXP (1+5+1+8) [75/79 EXP]

New Items:
| Rare [ID209646]
| Perfect [ID209648]

His skills had only grown as he continued to practice, and his most recent pieces bespoke the ability that he had recently gained. Zenshu couldn't help but take a moment to admire what he had accomplished. He knew that he had already made a lot of progression towards his craft, but as he carefully considered his completed works, Zenshu wondered if he couldn't do more.

"I've really made some progress with my designs...but some of it still feels like it could use some work. The samue could definitely be better fitting...although it's well lined. And the haori could also use some finer adjustments..." He settled himself at the work table and pulled his final pieces of crafting material towards himself.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-20
[75/79 EXP] Rank 3 - Professional TailorAble to craft Tier 3 equipment. 4 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 3 [Cloth Armour]
ID209662 | CD: 8 | LD: 13 | Uncommon [1 Slot]

Crafting Tier 3 [Clothing]
ID209663 | CD: 9 | LD: 20 | Uncommon [2 Slot]

Result: +6 EXP (3+3) [80/159 EXP]

New Items:
| Rare [ID209646]

He'd been busy as of late. Between meeting new people, and heading out to find a familiar, Zenshu hadn't had time recently to focus on his work - and because of that, he'd wondered if his business would suffer. He doubted that would be the case, but even still he wanted to ensure that he didn't neglect it for too long.

Returning to his place behind the work table, he pulled forth the materials he'd gathered and set to work on his newest creations. He hoped that sooner or later his skill would reach a point where he could begin being truly pleased with what he had created, rather than the simply acceptable pieces he'd been making.

Spoiler

Date: 2022-06-22
[80/159 EXP] Rank 4 - Experienced Tailor: Able to craft Tier 4 equipment. 5 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 3 [Cloth Armour]
ID209678 | CD: 11 | LD: 10 | Rare [2 Slots]
ID209679 | CD: 3 | LD: 7 | Fail [Lose Materials]

ID209680 | CD: 3 | LD: 2 | Fail [Lose Materials]
ID209681 | CD: 12 | LD: 2 | Perfect [3 Slots]

Crafting Tier 2 [Clothing]
ID209682 | CD: 1 | LD: 11 | Fail [Lose Materials]

Result: +16 EXP (5+1+1+8+1) [96/159 EXP]

New Items:
| Rare [ID209678]
| Perfect [ID209681]

• 1 year later...

Nari wandered into the unfamiliar shop, glancing at the few wares on display before making her way towards the man who appeared huddled over the materials and designs sprawled across a table. She waited a few seconds, until he had noticed her presence.

"Ah, yeah. I'm hoping you can help me out with a design..." She gave a quick description of the piece she was looking for, keeping the complexity rather simple - or at least as simple as she was able to, given everything. She waited as he confirmed a few pieces, making sure that everything was as desired, before confirming her order.

Item Name: Reaper's Aegis
Item Type: Light Armour
Tier: T4
Quality: Daemonic
Enhancements: Mitigation [2 Slots] | Evasion [2 Slots]
Description: Dark as the night sky, this multi-piece set of light armour configures a flexible leather undergarment, supported and covered by various plates that are placed in the weakest of points - protecting the wearer's vital points, without compromising the movement and flexibility of the individual.

The woman had been abrupt. Arriving, placing her order, confirming the details, before leaving. Not that Zenshu had minded - he'd been focused on his work, and although the new piece was interesting - its design would be something that would challenge Zenshu, but would also give him something to look forward to. He grinned as he began his work, determined to create something that would impress his customer.

Spoiler

Date: 2023-07-20
[96/159 EXP] Rank 4 - Experienced Tailor: Able to craft Tier 4 equipment. 5 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

Crafting Tier 4 [Light Armour]
ID213456 | CD: 2 | Salvage [Lose Materials]
ID213457 | CD: 6 | Fail [Lose Materials]
ID213458 | CD: 1 | Fail [Lose Materials]
ID213459 | CD: 11 | Rare [2 Slots]
ID213460 | CD: 6 | Salvage [Save Materials]

Result: +11EXP (2+1+1+5+2) [107/159 EXP]

New Items:
| Rare [ID213459]

Edited by Zenshu

The shop door rattled slightly for a moment, then nothing.  It rattled again accompanied by muffled cursing and some jostling of the shoji against the frame.

"Oh.  Right."  

Having resolved his conundrum, the figure casually slid open the door and moved to enter, pausing at the last moment with his muddy boot less than two inches above the pristine floor.

"Yeah.  Erm.  Sorry," he added sheepishly, pulling back his offending limb and outerwear and depositing the latter on the stoop. Neglected manners aside, anyone would be forgiven for believing the man to be a anything but a street dweller, or possibly some form of especially disheveled pirate.  Clad in the gaudiest naval uniform ever created, the odd man sauntered up to the attendee with a swagger befitting the tradition of his garb, a hefty black wool bicorn hat propped proudly on his head with a large red bullseye on the prow.

"Need a quick order, if you don't mind."  The order form was swiftly and neatly completed, oddly requesting an identical outfit to the one he was already wearing.

"It's for a friend," he added with a dopey smile laden with several five o'clock shadows.  A quick wink and clatter of payment on the counter somehow purported to seal the deal.

(Freyd is using Disguise to mimic the appearance of Nobody: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/21124-nobodys-journal/?do=findComment&comment=644624.  Notably the player's crystal is green.)

Custom Order:

Item Name: Tattered Ladonian Admiral's Uniform
Item Type: Cloth Armor
Tier: T2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Recovery 1, Evasion 2
Description: A gaudy patchwork of epaulets, frills and mostly-missing buttons that looks like it's been slept in while laying on a garbage heap during a monsoon.   

Payment: 4 materials

Donating the following to help:
Dragon's Breath (Crafter's Respite) 174606
Strawberry Iced Brandy (Ambition) 150465-1

Edited by Freyd

The second arrival had caused Zenhu's attention to break as the door had been rattled numerous times. He'd waited, patiently, trying to figure out what was going on. Maybe an animal...? He hadn't seen many animals in the settlements of Aincrad, but that didn't mean they didn't exist. 

He was just considering leaving his position in order to go open the door, when the individual in question managed to find their way into the shop itself. Zenshu had sat - confused, a little bit worried, and just overly overwhelmed by the events that followed. He'd accepted the proposed designs quietly - a simple nod of agreement given, before the man had handed him a few items and turned to leave.

"Uh...yeah! Okay...let me...let me just get to work on this..." He mumbled as the figure made their way back out of the shop. Zenshu shook his head after a few seconds, before turning back to his work, befuddled and bemused at the events that had occurred, but knowing he had made a promise to get things done.

Spoiler

Date: 2023-07-20
[107/159 EXP] Rank 4 - Experienced Tailor: Able to craft Tier 4 equipment. 5 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
Dragon's Breath (Crafter's Respite) 174606
Strawberry Iced Brandy (Ambition) 150465-1

ID213498 | CD: 4 | Salvage [Lose Materials]
ID213499 | CD: 8 | Uncommon [1 Slot]
ID213500 | CD: 12 | Perfect [3 Slots]
The above rolls state T4 on the roller through mistake. They should be T2.

ID213501 | CD: 6 | Salvage [Lose Materials]
ID213502 | CD: 12 | Perfect[3 Slots]

Result: +11EXP (3+4+9+3+9) [135/159 EXP]

New Items:
| Perfect [ID213500]
| Perfect [ID213502]

Edited by Zenshu

He'd had two customers come to him in just a few days - a sign that his business was starting to really take off. Or, at least, that's how it appeared to him. People are taking an interest in my work. I mean, that must mean something, right? Zenshu had considered it as a step towards success - a measure that he was beginning to make a name for himself. That, or people simply had nowhere else to go when they required decent tailorship work. Let's avoid the negativity, now. Think positive!

Spoiler

Date: 2023-07-23
[135/159 EXP] Rank 4 - Experienced Tailor: Able to craft Tier 4 equipment. 5 crafts per day. 
Crafting Buffs
N/A

ID213888 | CD: 3 | LD: 4 | Salvage [Lose Materials]
ID213889 | CD: 3 | LD: 18 | Salvage [Save Materials]
ID213890 | CD: 1 | LD: 8 | Critical Fail [Lose Materials]
ID213891 | CD: 10 | LD: 12 | Rare [2 Slots]
ID213892 | CD: 8 | LD: 7 | Uncommon [1 Slots]

Result: +13 EXP (2+2+1+5+3) [148/159 EXP]

Rare Light Armour [ID213459] + Rare Light Armour [ID213891] | Fused to make Perfect Light Armour [ID213893]
Perfect Light Armour [ID213502] + Perfect Light Armour [ID213893] | Fused to make Perfect Light Armour [ID213894]

New Items:
| Daemonic Light Armour [ID213894]

Edited by Zenshu