PP-F3 Star Struck (Ryu and Keith)

I came to a shop. Galactic Kläder was the name. I knocked on the door and asked for a man named Keith Yudai. My hood was up i didnt bother to show my face to the assistant whom opened the door for me. I walked inside and took a seat in the nearest chair and waited for Keith to come down and make my acquaintance. The assistant walked upstairs and and i pulled out the green note one more time and read it over. This was the biggest find the find of the century and im glad Dmitri is such a good informant...hopefully he isnt wrong this time around.

Keith sat up in his bed and let out a yawn. "Yeesh... What time is it?" He said, stiffing another yawn as he looked at the time on his HUD. Noon. Crap. He got up out of bed, selecting his gear as he stepped out of his room, tripping and falling forward down the stairs, then sliding across the floor and to the feet of the person who called for him downstairs. "Um... Welcome!" Keith said, standing up and dusting himself off.

I offered him my hand.

Well...hello Keith....its been quite a long time since i have a chat with you...let alone a friendly one i said to him smiling underneath my mask. I was hoping the Dmitri wasnt just doing this to finally get rid of me, since he knew Keith has been after my head in the past. I wonder what he is like now.

Keith squinted, seeing it was Ryu, and then just shrugged. "I heard you've given up the Maverick lifestyle, so I don't have any reason to be angry with you. And plus, Cicila doesn't seem to be very mad at you anymore. So hey, if she's happy, I'm happy." Keith said, his usual up-beat smile returning to his face as he shook Ryu's hand. "So what can I do for ya?"

I opened my inventory and pulled out a sealed green envelope. I handed to him gently and watch him open it.

Dmitri said you'd be the only other person interested in it i spoke calmly and clearly. He also told me that it was the biggest drop in all of Aincrad...and will only last for so long...so we have to go now...or very soon

Keith smiled and tossed aside the paper. "Then let's get to it! There's work to be done, so full steam ahead!" Keith said, opening the door of his shop and hustling Ryu. "C'mon! We got a time limit, don't we? Let's go!" He said, wanting to get to the mother-of-all-Star-Steel.

I rushed out the door with him. I took the lead moving through the city like i never have before, Keith staying right beside me the entire time. As we exited the city i opened up the map.

According to the beacon on the map...it says we must enter the Metrite Cavern...but it isnt marked on my map...just a big blue circle saying where it could possibly be i said looking at him as if he might have some input to this matter

Keith tilted his head and scratched his neck. "I've heard of the place, but I've never been there before. Heck, I thought it was just a myth. I just don't have the patience to look all over Floor 3 for something that might not even be real." Keith said with a sigh, then shrugging and continuing on.

In all the time i spent looking for it, I finally narrowed it down to a very small radius, couldnt be any lager than 50 yards. I thought about covering twenty-five of them but then it struck me. I slapped myself in the face I'm almost certain Keith could feel my pain.

I cant believe how big of an idiot i am...i should have thought about it i spoke to myself in my head.

Keith skidded to a halt and and looked back over his shoulder at Ryu. "What's up? Did a fly land on your face?" He asked, walking back over as a bright-red handprint was on Ryu's face. Keith wasn't a doctor, but that was more than likely not a good thing.

I grabbed Keiths wrist and took off like a speeding rocket. I never thought for one second, that the meteor crashed into the side of the mountain. At the base of the mountain we suddenly arrived faster than i thought we would, maybe im getting faster...no where near that of Keiths abilities but im getting up there. I looked up and pointed at the hole in the mountain and a very small dirt path leading up to it.

There. i said with a bit of awe but also with confidence that i could find this cavern filled with a precious metal.

Keith whistled as the path was now in view, and the crater it led to was big and then some. "So... That's really something, isn't it?" Keith asked, not entirely sure how he was supposed to respond to such a view as the one before them. So of course, he just said the first thing in his head.

Yeah...it definitely is I said in reply to him.

There it began, the long trek up the mountain side. It felt like hours of walking but eventually we reached the entrance to the cavern. At the entrance to the cave it looked like a warning sign had appeared. It was almost as if the game didnt want us to be here but the entrance was clear and anyone could enter. I turned to Keith.

Are you ready...this could end up being a fight for our very lives i said slightly nervous

Keith gave a smile and then shrugged casually. "Well... Isn't every day pretty much a fight for our lives? It's kinda become the norm at this point." He said, peering down the huge hole that led to the long dark cave. "Well, I'm ready when you are to head in."

I began to walk down the path leading us into the crater full of the precious <>. I opened my inventory and sent something to Keith labeled "excavation equipment". Dmitri knew it would be very difficult to obtain. Upon entering the cave tons of "?" Icons popped up as if there were hidden treasures but i knew it was the steel.

Ready to start digging i said equipping a hard hat looking helmet and a dig tool handheld item

Keith nodded and walked down the tunnel with his mining gear on, looking around the cave for ores to mine. He caught site of something and walked over to it, raising and swinging his pick into it, mining the astral-type steal with the mining weapon he had. He looked over to Ryu to see if he was having any success.

I struck two different ore piles and received a few ingots being happy i got that much. I heard something make a noise farther down the cave but i continued to mine before turning to Keith.

I heard a noise farther down the cave...would you like to check it out or are you not finished with cleaning out the are? i asked him looking back and forth from him to the depths of the cave but still mining

Keith just finished his ore vein and then looked to Ryu, giving a thumbs up and walking further down. When we got there, he saw raw, refined <> Just clumped together there, waiting to be mined. "Well sweet Aunt Jamima on the hood of a Mercedes bend! Look at all this!" He said, only swinging his pick-axe once before the pile shuddered.

Oh no! The pile of refined <> suddenly began to rise as a shadow crossed the cave. Suddenly the pile opened its eyes and glared a deep red into our souls. It opened its mouth and let out a deep growl and suddenly arms sprouted from its sides. A caption jumped across his body. <> and suddenly combat became inevitable. I drew Ragnarok from my side and expected anything from then on out

HP

Ryu: 31/31

Keith: 69/69

Golem: 40/40

Keith whistled as the golem formed together, shifting and assembling as it stood above them. "Well look at you, tough guy! I bet you sure feel fancy!" Keith taunted, drawing his katana from the side of his waist and pointing it at the Star-Steel beastie. "Get ready buddy, 'cause it's Katana-Rama time!"

Ryu: 31/31

Keith: 69/69

Golem: 37/40