[PP-F1] Learning the Swords

She sat in a field filled of small flowers and grass whistling and moving to the wind herself, being silent. She had been humming to herself knowing if someone dared to attack she could attack yet she wanted to have a somewhat peaceful day. She looked around the field seeing pretty much no one as she walked back to the teleport gate as she walked through the crowds of people inviting some to join her on some sort of hunt. She had PMed a new player as well, giving the subject as Learning the Swords. Grinning at the idea as she pressed [send] waiting for the people she invited to teleport or come out of the crowd.

{Post Order: Ruri, Sotarou, Sakuri Sashiti}

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay, thanks anyway..."

Sotarou had come to the last Inn he could find in the Town of Beginnings, not having had any luck in finding out just what was up with the Katana that now hid in his inventory... it had been a few months, and he hadn't left Floor 1... hell, he'd not even left the safety of the Town of Beginnings! Some hero he was... but even so, it seemed that he was just fine right here...

*PING*

"Huh?" Bringing down his HUD, he found he'd gotten a message, with the title 'Learning the Swords.' "What in the..." He opened the message, reading it through a bit. "An invite?" He shrugs. "Maybe they'll know what's up with the Katana..." The message said to meet at the Teleport Gate. He wasn't far from there already, so he decided to just hoof it there. He just sincerely hoped that he'd get his answers and finally be able to leave this Floor...

He'd finally arrived to the Teleport Gate about 10 minutes after receiving the message. He was still in the starting Swordsman gear, tinted blue, and had a Longsword on his hip. Either bought or won off of a mob outside... so he had some battle experience, at least... if the latter proved to be the truth, that is... his face was ordinarily supposed to look much different than he actually did, but it wasn't exactly doing him any good once Kayaba changed the rules. He stood a bit on the short-ish side, about 5 1/2 feet. His face was scruffy, beard not fully settling in but still noticeable. It's possible his body outside was still growing it, but he didn't know for sure... either way, it hadn't grown at all since he was here, and it looked pretty unkempt. As he approached the Teleport Gate, he looked around, with his sharp hazel eyes, for the one who had sent him the message.

Sakuri which had decided to take a day of, after he recebtly had started his shop up, suddenly got an message from the girl known as Ruri. Sakuri and Ruri had spoke to eachother a few times, but never reallt got to know one and another. SO he decided to go and meet up with her.

Since his shop is placed rather close to the town center, it didn't take long for him to get to them. He saw the girl with blue hair standing there with another guy, which he never had seen before, which also seemed rather new to the game, if yiu are looking on the gear he's wearing either way.

He didn't know if they both had seen him yet as he walked up towards them, but he did a small gesture with his hand which were supposed to be a wave, just in case of they had seen him.

"Hello Ruri, you messaged me?"He said with a kind voice, while looking at both of the players. He then focused more on the player he had never seen and inspected his looks.

"And hello to you aswell, my name is Sakuri and it's nice to meet you." He said as he smiled towards the player to make him feel more safe about Sakuri.

"Sakuri, this is the new character Sotarou." She smiled at Sakuri as she turned her head and held her palm out into arms reach of the new player. "I'm Ruri!" She smiled as she then wanted to talk about why she invited the two. "I figured that he wanted to challenge himself in battles, and you were always up for a fight, so I invited you too. I invited Ele as well but he may come later." She smiled as she returned to focus back on the new player.

As Sotarou looked around a bit more, then there was conversation that included his character name. He turned to see two other players looking right at him... at HIM! A very pretty-looking girl in blue with... an... orange marker? A PKer?! He got a VERY worried look on his face! But... as this girl... she introduced herself as Ruri, held out her hand and smiled at him, he... couldn't help but feel that this character wasn't a typical PKer... that maybe there was some sort of circumstance that made her a PKer... he'd ask about it for sure, but for now... he accepts the hand and gives a slightly nervous smile back to her... "Hi... uhm... how do you know my name? I thought I turned off my global view..." He shrugs. "Then again, probably not... can't really see for myself." He chuckles a bit.

He then turns to the second character there, a male this time. Announced as Sakuri. "Hi. I'm Sotarou. Or... you probably knew that..." He laughs nervously again, rubbing the back of his head. He then turns his attention back to Ruri. "So... uhh... you were saying something about me challenging myself in battles? I... I don't know if I would really be all that good in a fight. I'm only level 2, and all I have is this Longsword and a Katana that I can't even use... I just haven't had much luck in the loot department lately." He looks a little disheartened. "It's like since the game gave me a Katana, I'm not allowed to have anything else good..." He looked at both the other two. "But... I take it the pair of you are really high levels, since you're decked out in high-level gear." As he continued to talk with the two, his nervousness about Ruri was slowly but surely dissipating.

Sakuri heard what Ruri had said, but decided to not anwser it since he was busy trying to figure the new guy out, and just by the first looks of it, he was very insecure in himself, and in his mechanics, which was perfectly fine for not having much experience.

Sakuri Smiled towards him again and chuckled.

"Ruri here is pretty high level compared to both of us, so concider me a noob here also!" He said for the cause to make the new player feel better about himself. He then looked around himself at a slow place just to get a feeling of his sorroundings((sorry if i fail with the spelling..)). He then turned to Ruri,

"You said that Eléssar might come also? Great. Then we are 3 players who could help Sotarou out!" He as he said the last part he had turned his head towards the new player once again.

This time Sakuri felt like he could, so called pay it forward. What that means is very simple, if you got help sometime, then you help someone else and so on, to create a better society.

"If you need any help with anything, dont hesitate to message me and i'll do my best to see if i can help you out." He said as he kept looking at Sotarou.

After waking up on a roof, Eléssar noticed the pm he received from Ruri.. She was calling him and others to out of the town and he realized that the message was sent pretty long time ago. He wasn't sure that if they were still there but he could use a walk. After jumping down to street, he made his way towards the giang gates of the town. Even he was late, he kept walking slowly because he was still sleepy. Nova was with him too. After leaving the town, he made his way to the meeting location. Like he always does, he lifted his hands to the back of his head. Holding them together while holding his back straight. His narrowed eyes were watching the around, the players and the monsters. The first one to notice was Ruri for sure, with her blue hair and outfit.. And the second one was Sakrui, because he already knew him.. And there was the third one, he didnt know about the new player. He slowly approached and waved his hand slowly, greeting all of them by one by but standing away. He stretched and yawned, closing his mout with his one hand. '' So.. Uhm, hey. Sorry, i was sleeping. '' he said and tried to smile kindly. '' I don't remember you.. We haven't met yet i guess..I'm Eléssar. ''

"Oh, hi there Elessar." She had said as she saw the man jump from an above roof top. She smiled at the red haired figure. She then turned and smiled at the group, inviting them all to a party. "So, Ready for the battles we will be doing today?" She asks as she points to the outskirts of the town smiling over to the others as she did so, knowing that they were ready for the intense battles.

[OOC- Sorry for the non long post]

((OOC: No problem. It happens.))

Sotarou turned as another player showed up, this time with a Familiar pet. He nodded to the newest arrival and smiled back. Any trace of his being nervous about Ruri was long gone now. Apparently, he was a bit quick to forgive... "Nice to meet you. The name's Sotarou."

He then looks at Sakuri, nodding as well. "Thanks for that. I'll definitely remember that." He also laughs nervously a bit. "Well... you're better than I am, at least... so... I'll still just defer to you. At least until we reach Floor 5... then I've gotta do that quest on my own."

He then looked at Ruri... still off-put by the orange crystal floating above her head... he was probably going to regret this... but then again, he wanted to see the good in this. So that's what he was going to do for now. "What... kind of battles are we going to be doing? The last battle I got in was a couple of months ago against a few pigs. Since then, I've just been hiding out to avoid Sleep PKers so I wouldn't pass out in the middle of the day." He laughed a bit nervously at that... and in his mind, all he could think was 'Smooth move, Kisuke... mentioning PKing in front of someone who has PKed someone else...' Nevertheless, he accepted the Party Invite, seeing only Ruri in there so far.

Sakuri noticed how he had looked towards Ruri's crystal and figured that he was most likely wondering why it was orange. Suddenly a small windows appeard in front of him which were the party invite which had been sent a couple of seconds before, and with no hesitation he accepted it.

So much for a day with relaxation.. He thought to himself, but he still couldn't help but to smile. He scratched the back of his head as he looked over to where Ruri had directed them towards. Suddenyl an air breeze caught Sakuri's hair, making it fall in front of his eyes.

"Stupid hair.." He quietly mumbled to himself as he removed it from his sight. He then placed himself next to Sotarou and chuckled.

"As long as we stay in the group, everyone will be fine" he said as he brought up his GUI and equiping his rapier.

"Captain Ruri, lead the way!" He said with a small laughter.

'' Ready for what? Battles? '' he asked while leaning on the tree near him, curiously looking at the players. It was a good chance to have some friends and learn how it feels like that there is someone that will have your back. He watches nova as she joins them, just when thinking about having friends. He slowly pets her head with a smile and again looks at the other players, holding his hand on his fingers to block the stun reaching from his eyes. '' Okay.. Let's go. '' he said as Nova jumped in and moved forward without waiting for them. '' Hey! You don't even know where we are going! '' he yelled after her, calling her back.

Her dark wolf appears as it's dark fur and piercing green eyes walks toward her Ruri left smiling. She smiled back at them drawing her katana named <> as she walked forward, standing still for a second then walking forward more seeing a few monsters start to spawn in the distance, barely able to see she grinned at them. "Ready?" She asked before she even ran forward to attack.

Sotarou looked at everyone gearing up for the fight... ohh man... what was he getting himself into now? Grouping together with two beast tamers and... whatever Sakuri was... he wasn't exactly sure. But... too late to think about it now... in fact, he didn't even think about it. Since when DOES he think about it? Never, that's when! He drew his simple little Longsword, prepared for the oncoming battle that would soon engulf them... "Hope I don't disappoint all of you!" He waited for Ruri to move ahead, since this was her go-around, and would just hang in the back and wait for an opening to strike at anything coming near them.

As he saw that Ruri had picked up the pace, he did so also. If there were players who would see Sakuri, they woudln't think that he was there to battle. The blued eyed boy, with black tuxedo pants, a whtie shirt and a black vest, did not look dressed to battle acording to most people. But he had picked an outfit like this, cause of all the people he had seen in other games, which dueled but had "Class".

Not that it mattered how people would see him either way, he knew what he was doing and what his goal was. And especially in this game, most cloths are only here to personalize your character ever further.

As they were closing in at the monsters Ruri had rushed towards, sakuri decided to draw his sheated sword in case that he would be aggroed. For now, he would wait for Ruri to attack them before he even went in, she was afterall the highest level of them.

((Sorry for the weird response, i tried to write it as good as i can lawl))

He was walking while they were rushing to attack the monsters, even Nova was moving with them too. He was to attack last anyways, he didnt need to rush the monsters in the floor 1. He slightly yawned while watching Ruri go first, Nova running behind her with Kanya. Well, she could use a friend. They looked like they were getting along. After stretching himself, he equipped his sword on his hand. His steps got faster, positioning himself near his party members. He noticed that some of them was annoyed by his moves but that was the way he was. His eyes turned to Ruri, watching her carefuly as she was about to attack.

She suddenly sprinted forward her katana swiping toward the ribs of the nearby boars. She grinned wincing slightly trying to get a good attack she hadn't want to get embarrassed in front of the others. Unfortunately she missed, the bull looking at her now focused on her as a orange player. She grinned knowing the boar's health to hers. The level difference had been tremendous.

[1-5] MISS

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 59/59

Ele - 15/15

Sakuri - 17/17

Sotarou - 7/7

Boar - 11/11

Sota took his opportunity, as he saw it with the Boar fixated on Ruri. Making a dash forward with his Longsword, a blade that felt a little more right to him. At least, much better than the crappy Shortsword he'd been given at the start! However, the Boar seemed to be a bit more agile than him... that, and he was out of practice. Two months without so much as swinging the sword around, he really needed to get more practice in!

Attack: MISS

Ruri - 59/59

Ele - 15/15

Sakuri - 17/17

Sotarou - 7/7

Boar - 11/11

Sakuri carefully watches as the two players charged, and missed the boar. Now it was his turn to turn this fight around to the better, not that anyone would die but there were still two misses on a simple boar, he could not miss this attack. It felt like time slowed down as he took the first step in his charge towards it, as he carefully watched how the boar moved around.

But even though he had put a lot of focus and thinking into how he should do his attack, he ended up missing also. It seemed like he had underestimated this boar.

He did get the boars focus thought, and turned its back towards Eléssar, with this action he was hoping to open up a shot for Eléssar.

Ruri - 59/59

Ele - 15/15

Sakuri - 17/17

Sotarou - 7/7

Boar - 11/11

Eléssar unwillingly laughed quitely as the all 3 player missed their attacks, he slowly walked towards the boar while draggins his sword with him. Whirling up the dust around around him and making thin sounds as the sword bounces from the little rocks on the ground. Once he was close enough, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.Charing towards the boar with his sword in front of him. This all happened in one or two seconds, his moves were pretty fast. With the speed, he held his sword in a flat position as he passes by the boar the sword would slice through it. But just like his party members missed, he missed his attack too. Tripping when he was near the boar but manages to keep his balance without falling on the ground. He takes his position near them, missing the chance of landing the first attack.. And getting humiliated as he laughed at the others.

She growled at all the laughing going on as she sprinted forward attempting to strike at the animal and hoping not to get laughed at one more. Her katana's blade moving up at the last second as if the <> skill had been activated. Once again, she had failed left growling as she went back to her 'claimed' side of the battle as she looked straight forward still grinning a little at the boar and still having her eyes narrowed, she had now been determined to get that hit.

Ruri - 59/59

Ele - 15/15

Sakuri - 17/17

Sotarou - 7/7

Boar - 11/11

[Damage Done- 0]