[PP-F2] (Quest) Just a Simple Rock? or IS IT!?!

Dmitri came to see me in the usual tavern. I was sitting there with Rosalia and a drink in my hand. He looked at me and dropped a letter on the table in front of me.

Theres another quest...available if you so choose...to take it. he spoke in a slightly raspy voice.

I nodded to him and took the letter off the table.

Really?...a Rock is blocking the path? i chuckled and stood up. Well Rosalia, lets get going...i know you want to tag along

According to the map and the quest, there is a rock outside of the main dungeon on the second floor. But it reads off that weapons have no effect on it. I explained.

A rock that weapons are useless on? This wasnt going to be easy. Maybe using ones fist would be good enough? Who knows, we'll have to find out.

It was a long walk but eventually we made it to the site and there truly was a gigantic rock block the pathway to the main dungeon.

A rock...blocking the main dungeon...that sounded very interesting. I wasnt absolutely sure on how we would be able to break it. There was no magic in the game...this is impossible, how could Kayaba do this. Its not fair, nor would it ever be fair. I grunted and pouted as he led me to the rock and i sat nearby watching him examine it.

I took Ragnarok out of its sheathe even though i knew it wasnt going to work and i struck out at it and my weapon pinged out against. So the rumors were true...well there went my sunshine, it was beginning to rain on my parade. I sheathed Ragnarok and handed it to Rosalia.

Hold on to that for me will you? i asked nicely before turning around to face the rock.

I turned my head and looked over my shoulder before answering.

Just....give me one second i said walking up to the rock. I pulled my fist back and slammed it into the the outer coating of the rock. When i did, my hand didnt ping off but it actually collided with the rock and little bits of rock chunks fell from the top of it.

I see now....Dmitri isnt such a stupid messenger after all i said smiling and shaking my fist.

He had done it....well almost...but I couldn't believe he actually punched that rock. It was unbelievable. I was afraid there was no other way of getting through this area but his punch actually did something. Was this a new side of the game I was seeing, or was Ryu much stronger than I had first predicted. I was going to have to watch and wait to see what resulted of this

I looked at the rock with the most intense eyes. I rolled up the sleeves on my shirt and punched the rock two more times. The rock began to shake and quiver as my fists pounded against it. I could believe it was working. How long would i have to do this. The sun began to beat down upon me as it was getting closer to noon. I unequipped the items i didnt need until i was down to a black long sleeve shirt and black skinny pants. No shoes...no cloaks, not even my cape. I continued to look at the rock as if it was a monster ready to bite my head off. I wasnt going to let it win...i would conquer it at all costs.

I watched him intently trying to figure out exactly how that would all work out. I was never sure that using ones fist could be an actual skill. This was one of the most impressive things ive ever seen. When his clothing started to disappear I wasn't sure what to think but I remember days ago he also had told me that he was the best martial artist in his dojo years back. This seemed to be one of things that he was going to have to handle alone.

I pulled my long sleeve shirt off of my body as it started to get hotter and i wrapped it around my waist standing in a japanese style cat stance, with my hands raised in open palms. I kicked out at the rock then continued to hammer at it with my fists until my body began to drip sweat. This was no easy task but i realized that i was going to have to work hard in order to do what must be done and break this rock.

His shirt came of...my face turned a very bright red and I couldn't really hide behind my hair, it was so terrible. What impressed me most was how his form and skills surpassed any others I had seen so far. He was just an ordinary player to me. He was like...something else...I could explain it even if I tried. I watched him continue to pound on the rock but I wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it going for. He began to sweat, pant and slow his punches down. The sun kept getting hotter and hotter and I had no idea how to handle it.

I roundhouse kicked the rock, i gave some nice reverse punches, i even threw in some hook punches but nothing seemed to be working. My hands werent lighting up and the skills werent activating. The rock continued to crack more and more and small pieces turned into larger pieces but it was almost no use. This rock wasnt going to break at this rate...but i kept going, i wasnt going to give up...not here, not now.

He was strong, id give him that much but was that going to be his down fall. He had a can do attitude...its like he has become a changed man since the first time I ever came in contact with him. He turned out to be an outstanding friend and I was glad to have him in my life. His determination ceased to fail but his moral was fading...I could see it in his actions. He wanted to give up...I could tell by how his punches were slowly beginning to fade.

The punches i dished out were doing almost nothing to this rock. I started to give in but i was determined to keep going until i finished this quest, i wasnt going to let it happen like that. I punched harder, and started driving my fists in much more. eventually i started to put little dents into the rock when i punched. It was beginning to break and my moral started to come back to me, i was glad that it was almost over...this rock was mercilessly tiring me out.

When I started seeing the dents in the rock, even I got a little excited, for the first time in my life I saw Ryu's eyes light up in a blaze, the fire had returned to his heart and he kept punching and punching. I cheered him on from the side line no sure as to how much it was really helping him but eventually I knew he would tire out and I wanted him to know I had his back the entire time.

The rock cracked more and more. I was getting there, i had to continue on. If i didnt i was going to regret giving in to the game and letting it beat me. I had to get stronger, for a certain girl i was willing to do anything to protect. I was willing to learn, to live...even to die for her and thats whats been keeping me going for the longest time. I stretched my knuckles then balled them into fists again giving my all, determined to break this rock, even if it took well into the night. I was willing to risk it all to get stronger...for this girl...for my sister and mother back in the real world...heck even if it was to prove to Shark that im willing to do what it takes...i was going to win...and i was going to finish this quest. I slammed my hand into the rock again cracking it a little more.

He was doing it...he was actually doing it. I stared in amazement as the rock began to crack more and more but it still wasn't enough...there had to be something more because if the skills weren't going to activate, the rock was never going to actually break. I watched with anticipation still cheering him on knowing that soon this would be over and he could protect the ones he loved the most.

I took a step back looking at the rock and seeing how close to the end I was. There was no backing down now, it was do or die time. I drew back my right fist and plunged it into the rock a few more times. Suddenly i could feel something happening and it was something big but i had no idea what it was. I listened to Rosalia cheer and i knew soon i would finish this. The rock would break and i WILL beat this quest once and for all.

I saw him draw back his hand and suddenly I knew it was about to happen. There was a light but I didn't think he noticed. I cheered louder and louder knowing now he could hear me. The rock was so close to finished and I saw the fire in his eyes one last time and it gave even me hope that one day...he would do great things for people.