[PP-F4] Strawberry Fields [Kiluia]

2731251b.png2731251b.png2731251b.png

Kana waited along the outskirts of town for Kiluia, she had sorted of got so excited, she'd ran ahead a lost him. But why shouldn't she be excited? They were going to pick some strawberries, and then make chocolate. This was bound to be an awesome day, with Kiluia to guide her she may even learn a thing or two about cooking too. Learning to cook chocolate, would've definately make this world easier to cope in. She could eat as much chocolate as she wanted, and not gain weight or cavities. It was every woman's dream come true.

She knew that at some point, she needed to get back to training, but at the moment, she wanted to have fun. Despite having Kiluia re-enter her life and finally get to eat some delicious food. She had witness a boy die last night, and it still brought back to reality, the darkness of the realm they remained in. SAO was not a safe place, not for anybody. She had benefited a little though, she and Caen had bonded better. Not to mention, she may have prevented him from going down a very dark route. The last thing she wanted was more killing, everyone's goals should be to end the game not a life. She pushed that from her mind, she wasn't going to letter that bother her, not today.

She turned, waving her hand vigourously. "Kiluia, Hurry up!!" She called excited into the distance.

Never let a man say that a woman isn't fast. Because he was walking along to the path of hidden berries people rarely found. " You're too fast.. " He sighed and let his head roll back a bit looking at the sky. " Kiluia may be complaining but he was happy. He had promised the kids to bring back some for them so they could attempt to make pie again. A shudder ran up his spine. Last time he attempted to make anything similar, it blew up or caught the room on fire. Pies were hard.

He had already gotten the provision for making chocolate.. All they had to do was combine them right. Today.. He had important news for Kana. He was gonna tell her something that she may not agree with.

She smiled, lowering her hand as he came closer. "Sorry, I'm just so happy, it's a beautiful day and we're off to collect my favourite fruit." She turned back and continued to walk down the pathway that leads to the strawberry fields. It was such a beautiful day, that Kana had to resist a little not to skip along the path. She was 17 after all, but it was such a good day, she didn't think anything could bring her down.

"So how are the kids?" She asked, she hoped she would see them later, they were all so lively and young. They definitely made her feel more normal, an innocent mind was so refreshing these days. She hadn't forgotten Kiluia's confession, it was still drifting in the back of her mind. She really hoped they could maintain a strong friendship, and hopefully it wouldn't get in the way. The only issue may be if they were fighting together, she didn't ever want Kiluia to risk his life for hers, but the way he was she didn't think she could stop him if she tried.

" Don't be sorry." He said as he gazed at her. " It's a nice day to do this. " He offered a smile. But the smile didn't last long as she asked about the children." They're ok. " He stated. He fidgeted a bit looking around for some berries." They're coping. " He answered partially.

Death had never been too kind. He had seen it in real life. Fanatics attacking celebrities. Guards had to fend them off or even bodyguards had to kill once in awhile. But you never get used to it. The game was twisted and warped. People killing people at random was....despicable.

Kana stopped at his words, she had easily recognised his change in mood. Reaching out to grab the hem of his shirt, she asked a question she feared the answer to. "Kiluia, What's wrong? Has something happened? Is the kids? Are they ok?"

She could feel the panic begin to rise in her chest, one nice day, one day. That's all she had asked for, with no deaths, no issues, no tears. From the sound of Kiluia's voice, it didn't sound like it was going to be the case today. She could already feel her mood morphing, the happiness fading from her eyes as she awaited Kiluia's answer to her questions.

His eyes were hidden behind those platinum tresses. As she pulled him closer to her he spoke gently." Three more didn't come home. " He managed to get out. " I went looking for hours. I heard that there were pk bandits luring people around..and I found my answer." He smiled with tears in his eyes." I beat him til an inch of his life getting an answer. And they're gone. " He pulled away calming himself.

" I promised I'd make a strawberry pie for them.. I never had a chance to make one for them so that's why I'm out here and that's why I didn't tell you. " He looked up reaching for the sun." I was planning on telling you everything after we were done but I couldn't lie to myself anymore. It hurts more than it should." He clutched his heart.

2366ead25daa8fda58d0692b8d7eb026.jpg2366ead25daa8fda58d0692b8d7eb026.jpg2366ead25daa8fda58d0692b8d7eb026.jpg

Kana felt as if her heart had fallen through her stomach, her body went rigid, and she began to shake. Tears welled in her eyes, She couldn't take this. She fell to her knees, burying her face in her hands, and she began to bawl. After crying for a few moments, she began to speak.

"I hate it." She barely croaked out the words, "This game, I hate it. It ruins lives, kills innocent babies, and WHY?" She screamed the last part looking up at the heavens as though speaking to a specific individual.

"DO YOU ENJOY THIS YOU SICKO! YOU'RE A MURDERER, YOU DID THIS, WHEN I GET OUT I'LL-.. I swear I'll...oh god..." She buried her face in her hands, she couldn't even threaten the guy, how was to suppose to do anything to someone as rich and powerful as that. She was hopeless, in game and out of it. "I'm sorry Kiluia..." She wanted to be strong for him, but right now, she was broken.

He looked down at the frozen pathway. There were some good strawberries here but...did he feel like this was what he needed to do? He watched Kana as his hair fell over his eyes. " If you didn't cry, you wouldn't be Kana.." He offered a sad smile to her.

He wiped away his own tears and walked to Kana. Hand rested on her shoulder.

" I'm gonna be leaving. " He spoke gently. " I'm leaving for the front lines." His voice seemed so serious when he spoke to her." I'm having the others take over my duties at the church. I'm hoping Ruri and Haine will take me..." He bit his lower lip while standing there. He didn't want her to come. He didn't want to get hurt. Was it selfish of him?" Come with me. " So why did he ask that? Because he was a selfish bastard.

Everything was coming back to her from before, those moments she spent watching two people she cared for deeply disappear into nothingness, knowing that they weren't ever going to log out. Their game had ended and so had their lives. Some where in the real world, innocent peoples brains were being fried, killing them instantly. Families who would be waiting hopefully beside their beds would hear their heart flatline.

Beep, beep, BEEEEEEEEP.

And then nothing, she couldn't do this. She couldn't just look after herself anymore, she had to fight it. It was one thing to tell Caen to go to the front lines, while she sit back and watch, but what was she doing? Picking damn fake strawberries, in a fake field. No more. She stopped shaking, hearing Kiluia's question, she looked up at him.

Join the front line?

Could she really do that? Take her sword, and kill bosses. She looked down at her hands, Am I strong enough? she asked herself, The million dollar question. She stared at her fingers, she would have to fight, she would get close to death, she may even have to kill. Could she kill? A strong part of her rose in anger, a internal war began to engage. Her fear of death and her desire to save everyone fighting it out inside.

"We could die... I could die. What would you do if I died?" she asked, looking back up at him with her big golden eyes.

" We could die together. And if you were to die before me, I'd see you soon. But we won't. Because we'd be together fighting and watching our backs. " He placed his hand on hers as the snow began to fall once again. " What if I died?" He uttered back. He would want her to live just like that. To survive. To carry on her life.

With the snow fall, his eyes lightened up a bit. Snow was comforting for him. Her response to him wouldn't make matters worse. It was his job, no his duty to protect now. Her tears were now his motivation. He wanted tears of joy. He wanted to free her in their cage..everyone needed to be free he thought. Especially her.

"i would fight with all I had. I wouldn't want you to die for me, and I won't die for you either. I'd fight for you for the rest of my life and if death came so be it. I would make the world a better place in anyway I can, because I wouldn't want you're life to be wasted, we need to fight and live until the end. Until we wake up on the other side." Kana stood up. "I'll stand by your side on the front lines,"

She made a decision at that moment, one that changed the course of the entire game. She was not just surviving anymore, she was playing to win. She had found her role in this game finally, and now it was actually going to begin. "I will be gone for the next few days, I need some time to build myself, I'm going to become stronger. But I need to be alone, I have to learn to be strong on my own." She hoped he wouldn't argue with her, if she was going to do this she had to do it properly. How would she learn otherwise, how would she develop herself. If she wanted to be a warrior, she had to act like one.

He was a bit taken back by her resolve and words. A heartfelt smile crossed his face as he nodded. " I know what it's like to go off and train on your own. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. " He looked down and then back up at her." But I want you to know. We can train together. If you ever need me I'll be here for you. " He placed both hands in his pockets. " It would be a tremendous honor to fight along side with you."

He tilted his head and smiled. His hair tipped to the side a bit as he took her hand. " When we break free from our chains, don't forget to call me. " He began walking with her hand in hand to get those berries. Her hand was warm.. He didn't care if he was in love with her. He didn't care if she couldn't be with him. They were friends alive and in the moment and he was going to make the best of it. " I gotta get that pie done or else..and your gonna eat it before you leave."

Kana nodded, she was still finding it hard to smile at the moment. The pain in her heart was still too great, she could feel herself trying to rebuild the walls she had to her emotions. After Hikaru and Sakie's death, she had worked more and more on becoming susceptible to death and evil. But that clearly hadn't worked well, it seemed she had avoided danger so long that she had forgotten its horror, and now it was eating away at her. "We will do this Kiluia..." and that was the last she said in use matter.

She allowed Kiluia to take her hand and lead her along, ironically she wasn't in the mood to eat strawberries anymore. She wasn't in the mood to eat anything at the moment, but they would get them for the children. They would need them today most of all, a light in the dark days. "Okay," was all she to say to Kiluia, she wasn't hungry, but she would force herself if it made him happy.

Truth be told, the young man wasn't hungry either. This was for the kids. They needed one pie as he promised before he left. " I didn't tell you..something probably is guarding these berries. " He looked at her. " We may get a chance to fight together.."

Blade was drawn as they reached closer to their goal of berries. Kiluia was ready for anything and was bound and determined to fight a long side her. It felt odd.. being a bodyguard and having a former client fight with him. He turned his head to gaze at her and smiled. " We will live."

Kana sighed at his words, of course there was. More bad news from Kiluia., so much for her happy day off. Oh well, this would be her first chance to fight with him and see what they're like together. She would just have to look at it as training, training that would lead to become stronger. She looked ahead, scanning for whatever Kiluia may have been talking about.

She pulled out her blade too, her one-handed curved sword hanging by her side. Kana gripped it tightly with her right hand, feeling the tassels of the sword under her skin. Damn, this game is realistic, She thought subciously. She glanced at Kiluia who also had his sword out, this was it, they were ready to fight. She heard a peculiar sound as they walked along, slowly it grew louder and louder until it was so loud she could barely hear anything else. "What is that?" She shouted to Kiluia, barely able to hear herself over the sound.

The closer the two got the more anxious he got. Had to aim to please as he felt hot even if they were in the frozen fields. His hand twirled a beautiful dagger that he was itching to try out. Her sigh didn't go unnoticed as his eyes turned to greet hers" Kana. " He had almost forgot they were still human. She was still human." We don't have to do this. I have more berries at home. " His footsteps slowed down.

The sound of movement placed him back on high alert as he whipped his head back to the front. " Last chance Kana.." he muttered. His gaze scanned the area focusing on berry bushes. A lot of bushes he thought. He had no idea what monster may lay.

Soon, something furry appeared before them but it was also small. " A.. rabbit?" He lowered his weapon. He was not going to be responsible for the death of a small woodland creature that was cute and fluffy.

Her eyes locked with them, she shook her head. "I want to do this, if anything I could let off some steam." she replied. Before turning away, she didn't want anyone to baby her anymore, they certainly hadn't in the real world. She was tired of having it in here. In the real world, she could take out most men with a swift high kick. She hadn't been a weakling in any sense of the word, she had been able to take care of herself. Like all Misouko women, she was independent. It was time for her game self to reflect who she really was.

She saw the bunny come out of the grass, she blinked at it for a moment, it was so small and fluffy. She squealed, falling to her knees in front of it. "Awwww your so cute!" she said, the bunny looked up at her! Sniffing the air as though checking out her scent. It little nose wiggling, she reached out to touch it. Wondering if it felt as soft as it looked.

Suddenly the ground exploding in front of them, a giant claw broken through the soil, reaching out and crushing the bunny under its palm. It disappeared into thousands of green shards. Kana stumbled onto her feet and step back as the monster continued to crawl out of the ground. Kana backed away a good few steps, as a giant violet lizard like beast appeared before them. It opened it mouth, making the awful noise they had heard moments ago. It's tongue was blood red, Kana hoped that was related to strawberries and nothing else.

"Fight it is then, let's do this Kiluia."

- Party -

Kana - 15/15

Kiluia - 17/17

-Enemy-

Violet Lizard - 18/18

What seemed to be almost a happy ending, ended in a really graphic way for that rabbit. He, for a split second, didn't even grasp what had happened until he heard her words echo in his ears. The flash of blood and then virtual crystals abruptly reminded him of people dying in this game.

His azure eyes became as cold as the snow around him as anger surged from his emotions. Teeth grit down hard as he clenched his dagger." Really...? Really?!" His body trembled and what seemed to almost blur as he rushed the beast. Dagger seemed to twirl in his hand as he slanted to the left of it.

His dagger rose straight into the Lizards chest but he wasn't done. His force was plowed into every inch of this strike lifting the Lizard into the air with one arm and driving the reptile on it's back scoring a critical hit on it. " I really.. really.. hate you. " He growled pulling his dagger out of the beasts chest and leaping back. " Switch!"

Lizard 14/18

Kiluia 17/17

Kana 15/15

Kana saw Kiluia's anger and knew that she wasn't going to be the only one letting off steam today. The lizard had taken quite alot of damage quickly, it seemed Kiluia was strong. Obviously he had been stronger than her, but the power of his take reminded her of Elessar's. Wow, I really am a pup amongst the big dogs. She thought discouragingly. She needed to become stronger, and hopefully after today she would be. She knew she would live because she had Kiluia by her side.

She leaped forward, loading her blade for her attack, she attempted to give herself enough time to charge it for a strong attack. It seemed the Lizard sensed her weakness, and opening it's mouth. It's long red tongue, plunge forward in an unnatural way. Hitting her in the stomach, she was thrown backyards, landing on her behind. She winced in surprise, she knew lizards had a long time, but that had reach out for metres. This was a game after all, anything for happen. That clearly was it main weapon, although it was possible he had other hidden attributes they could see. She stumbled onto her feet, "Sorry, Kiluia..." She muttered feeling a little pathetic.

- Party -

Kana - 14/15

Kiluia - 17/17

-Enemy-

Violet Lizard - 14/18

He watched Kana get hurt by the lizard and a small chip from a mental wall fell. Her body striking the ground caused another chip to break off. But her words echoed once again stabilizing his emotions. She was a big girl and she could take a hit. " You don't ever be sorry. I'm proud of you and it's an honor to be your partner!"

He raced forward with his dagger and swung at the lizards face. The lizard moved backwards evading his strike but the tail swung and struck him square in the chest sending Kiluia flying about 6 feet in the air and on his rear. " That sucked."

Kiluia 15/17

Kana 14/15

Lizard 14/18