[PP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade ran forward at on of the Nepents, evading vines as he closed the distance between them. After getting close enough, he charged his blade, making it glow a deep blood red, and then slashed the Nepent, landing a solid first strike for the two Mavericks.

«Shizuki»

11/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

«Little Nepent 4»

8/10

Shizuki charged the other one, only to have it sweep her feet out from under her, wrap it's vine around her legs, and toss her back. She landed hard, and sat up, dazed. "Figures, you get a nice attack and I get an epic fail." She said, springing back up to her feet.

«Shizuki»

10/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

«Little Nepent 4»

8/10

Shade rolled his eyes and looked to Shizuki. "Please... Don't make me regret using that potion on you..." He then felt a vine just miss him and he stared at the Nepent with murderous intent. "Do not cut me off when I'm speaking, worm." he said, slashing the Nepent below the jaw. It opened it's mouth and screamed in pain, and Shade grabbed it's tongue, using Demon's Fang to saw it off, a carving noise emitting with each saw Shade did, before he ripped the tongue out and tossed it aside, it bursting into blue crystals.

«Shizuki»

10/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

«Little Nepent 4»

4/10

Shizuki gritted her teeth. "Don't make me stab you in the back while you're too occupied with a giant tentical-vine-monster and loot you of all your potions." She said with a maniacal grin. While she had been busy talking, and trying to stand up from being thrown, the «Little Nepent» had made it over to her and right as she turned to it, it bit down on her arm.

«Shizuki»

9/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

«Little Nepent 4»

4/10

Shade looked over his shoulder at Shizuki and scoffed. "Please... Don't try and humor me. Even if you tried to stab me in the back, you would most likely miss like every other time." He then went back to fighting the Nepent, hacking at it with his cutlass and sawing through it's vines, leaving it wide open.

«Shizuki»

9/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

«Little Nepent 4»

2/10

Shizuki gritted her teeth, but didn't allow herself to honor him with an answer. She ran at the «Little Nepent» again, and swung. It sidestepped and lashed at her with it's vine. She stepped back a few paces. This wasn't going too good for her.

«Shizuki»

8/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

«Little Nepent 4»

2/10

(OOC: Screw the dice ;^; )

Shade rolled his eyes, as he speculated she just couldn't come up with a retort for that. He then thought he may have been a little harsh, but he dismissed this feeling almost instantly. In his thoughts, he hadn't noticed the little Nepent he was fighting sneak up. Shade then blinked back to reality and thrust his sword up beneath the nepent's jaw, through it's mouth, and then up the top of it's head. Killing it in a matter of seconds.

«Shizuki»

8/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

10/10

Shade ran forward with his fellow Maverick Shizuki, and took his approach at the monster. He thrust his sword at it, letting it pierce the monster, and saw it's way into it's abdomen. As the monster screeched in pain, Shade yanked his sword out, kicking the Nepent in the jaw and sending it back.

«Shizuki»

8/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

5/10

Shizuki ran after the «Little Nepent» that had just been laughed back with a kick, brought her leg straight up, feet over her head, and then brought it down, slamming the «Little Nepent» into the floor, she then stabbed her sword through the mouth and ripped the jaw back. Jumping off of it and away, she left it for Shade to do the last move on.

«Shizuki»

8/11

«Shade»

14/17

«Little Nepent 3»

2/10

(OOC: FYI, from now on I have 2 base damage because I ranked up my one handed straight sword skill, so I did 3 damage with this attack because I rolled a 9)

Shade scoffed and got his sword ready. "Not a bad hit. You're far from perfect, but I'm seeing improvement. Perhaps you aren't completely hopeless." he said, as he ran at the Nepent, he threw his sword to the ground and grabbed it with his bare hand, having one hand on it's upper jaw and the other on the lower. he then began to pull them apart, prying the Nepent's mouth wider, and farther, until with a sickening crack, the nepent's head split in half.

«Shizuki»

8/11

«Shade»

14/17

Shade crossed his arms and leaned against a tree, looking over at the last Nepent. "These things are so weak it disgusts me. If two of us could handle two Nepents, then one of us can handle one. It only makes sense. Now get out there and kill it so I can leave." He said, not looking away from the Nepent.

Shade blinked and looked at Shizuki for a brief moment, before shifting his attention again. "I came along to kill Nepents for Experience, nothing more. Don't think this endeavor means anything." He said, saying anything to get her off of his back.

Shade looked at her with an expression that wasn't surprise, not confusion. it was a look that someone would have when saying, "The hell?" But he kept his cool, making eye contact with her. "Would you believe me if I told you I was simply bored? Low level Mavericks like us have a hard time finding things to do." He said, his dark ruby eyes meeting her brilliant emerald.

Shizuki stepped back and studied Shade for a moment. Then she burst out laughing, uncontrollably. After laughing for about three minutes, she wiped one her eyes.

"I belive you." She turned away from him, then turned back. 'You know, eventually I'm going to catch up to you." She said with a grin. "And then we can become rivals. DOn't get me wrong, I don't want you to be my enemy. But rivals, sure." She then walked off to the direction of the clearing. "I'm going to finish this quest"

Shade, who finally released his breath after the space between them was restored, looked at her with a slightly confused look. "You're... Interesting. To say the very least. Rivals we are, then. Now hurry and end the Nepent." While most people would have given a smirk or a grin in this situation, Shade didn't deem it necessary. Shizuki had made more progress than any other in the game with him, but not enough to crack a smile. Provided Shade was even capable of producing one.