[PP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest

Shizuki dashed into the clearing without any warning, hoping to catch the «Little Neppent (Rare)» by surprised. It turned around, instantly. She stopped and observed it. It seemed the same as any other, excepting it's appearance. She charged it with a battle cry, and it whipped her across the stomach right from the start, stopping her in her tracks.

«Shizuki»

12/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

10/10

(OOC: The dice starts off not only mean, but absolutely cruel.)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shizuki charged at the «Little Neppent (Rare)» and swung her blade with all her might. It raised a vine, trying to attack her first, but she sliced through it and then drew a giant orange gash from side to side, splitting it's belly. She swung with such force that her whole body spun.

«Shizuki»

11/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

7/10

Shizuki jumped up onto her feet, and charged again. It attempted to swat at her with both vines, but she dropped, her body almost horizontal, one leg outstretched, another bent close to her, sliding on the soles of her shoes, then popped up slicing it open vertically, from bottom to the top of it's head. The monster screeched in virtual agony.

«Shizuki»

10/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

4/10

The monster screamed in virtual agony and sliced at her with one of it's vines. Shizuki realized now that there was a pattern going on, she'd hit it for a critical amount of damage, then it'd hit her for a regular amount of damage. Though she didn't want to be in danger and take damage, the trade-off was definitely worth is, and she'd put her life on the line to achieve whatever she wanted.

«Shizuki»

9/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

4/10

Shizuki laid on the forest floor, the breath knocked out of her. The «Little Neppent (Rare)» had one vine wrapped around her leg, and raised the other sharp leaf-tipped vine. She realized it was going to try to pierce her chest, and she turned right at the last moment as it's shoved the sharp leave through her shoulder like a sword. "Ku...so..." She said under her breath.

«Shizuki»

7/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

2/10

The «Little Neppent (Rare)» slowly slid it's vine out of her wound, and before she had a chence to react, stabbed her in the same exact place, same shoulder, again, knowing it could get in extra damage if it was quick enough. Shizuki cried out in frustration, now, having lost over half of her health.

«Shizuki»

6/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

2/10

Shizuki cried out in frustration. This had gone on long enough. She'd end it here. She slashed the vine in half while it was still in her shoulder, the latter part shattering into hundreds of blue shards, then she shoved the blade into the center of the «Little Neppent (Rare)», twisted thee blade, and pulled it up as hard as she could, rending the monster completely in half. It sat there, frozen for a few seconds, before violently exploding into thousands of tiny blue shards. She laid there for a while, panting, «Level Up!» flashing in her vision. Then, she slowly got up and made her way to Shade. She had a huge grin on her face, as she swiped her hand in mid-air, making her HUD appear, and scrolling through her inventory. She clicked on something, and it appeared in her hand. Above it were the words «Little Neppent's Ovule» She put it back into her inventory and collapsed of exhaustion, sitting on the floor cross legged.

"Now I just have to take it back to the lady in the town... And I'll have completed the quest..."

«Shizuki»

6/13

«Little Neppent (Rare)»

0/10

Shade blinked as he watched her collapse. After killing a Nepent alone, after two previous battles, it only made sense. "I am not about to wait around here for you to take your sweet time resting." He then crouched down and looked over his shoulder at her, moitining his head to come over. "Get on my back."

Shizuki gave him a look of disgust, as if she were insulted, but then realised she was too tired to do anything, even argue. She had as sad look of hopelessness, before crawling over to him and getting on his back. She had her face turnede away from him and said quietly. "I... If you ever tell anyone about this I'll kill you."

Shade stood up and readjusted her on his back. "Oh believe me, I want to forget this day as soon as possible." He said, starting to walk back through the path of the forest on the way back to town. "So why exactly are you here in this game? it's not every day a sociopath get a Nervegear."

Shade scoffed. Her ego was big, and he respected that. Shade liked to think of him as a force to be reckoned with. Regardless of his level. Keith, Vile, Nero, it didn't matter how strong his opponent was. Shade aimed to become the ultimate player. And Shizuki was a girl that could inspire him. "Just a while longer. We're almost there." He said, stepping over a small, fallen tree. "So, really aiming to be the best Assassin, eh?"

SHizuki turned her head, so her cheek was next to his. "In truth... I never aspire to become the best at anything in MMOs... I've always been good at being an assassin, being paid and then eliminating the target. In games where it's hard to become an assassin, I'd always became a mercenary. Same thing, just less stealth. I didn't choose to become the best in other games. It just happened. Eventually, it started becoming my aim in games. And here in Sword Art Online..." She hesitated. "If you laugh I'll strike you down right here. But in Sword Art Online... I like this world a lot better than reality. In reality, I was nothing special. I was no one. I've never had a friend that wasn't over the internet..." She turned her head again, facing away, and only slightly tightened her grip on him.

Shade saw the town in sight and he kept walking. "Oh no. I actually quite admire your goals. I too want to stay in the game. Out in the real world, I had nothing. This is a place where you can do what you want, and I have every intention of making sure this game will not end." After a while of walking, they finally arrived at the gates. And for the very first time in Shade's life, he felt... A slight tingle in his stomach. Nothing painful, but it was a slight, warm feeling. Like something pent up for years had just been released. "I feel... Strange." he said, a look of alienation on his face.

Shizuki studied Shade. "Alright... I may help you. In the future, if you need anything, you can ask me and I may help you." She smirked. "There may be a price, of course. And the price will be my choosing. It depends." She looked up to the sky. "But I'm willing to help you, as you've helped me on this quest... And we agree on staying in this world." She tapped him to let him know she was getting off, once they reached the town. "Th... Thanks for the ride..." She said, blushing.

Shade then did something he fully didn't understand. What drove it, inspired it, or what made him do it. As he let Shizuki on her feet, he set his hands on her shoulders and pulled her close, pressing his lips to hers. Everything seemed blurred, confusing, and unintentional. And before Shade realized what he was doing, he had just finished a kiss. He blinked, taking a step back, and looked at the ground. "...I guess I'll see you another time."