[PP - F1] The Sociopath and the Empath (Shizu x Ruri)

Shizuki Akashi sighed, walking along the shore of a small lake in the afternoon. The sun was low in the sky, pretty soon it would be setting. Shizuki gazed at the horizon, and sighed again. This world of Aincrad was a beautiful place, but it was all fake. It was all made up. All of it were sensations in her mind, as if it were a dream. A beautiful dream that seemed a reality. She looked down and kicked a pebble. And yet it felt so real, and she'd enjoyed this world more than the real world.

She continued walking, wondering what to do next. She was in a region north east of the Starter City. What should she do, now? She supposed she should continue the 'MMO grind,' and continue getting stronger, after all getting stronger was her only set current goal, but she wanted a break from that...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After teleporting to floor 1 after her adventure on floor 4 she saw someone looking more lonely then usual. 'A new player?' She had thought in her head as she walked over to the new being. "Hello there, I'm Ruri." The bluenette had interrupted the girl's thoughts, a smile formed on her face as she looked over to her. If there was a new player and it was about to get dark she didn't want her to get killed. She hoped that she wouldn't surprize the girl with her cheerful attitude along with her orange cursor.

The sunset over the large body of water rushing along the small waves of the lake, all of it... was so... breath taking. The beautiful sight was to never be unseen. The fourteen was yet to see many people of the world all the sights to see... She had to see them all. So face the first floor had been her favorite however, the whistling grass... Beautiful waters... Amazing plants and smaller creatures. Ruri would never forget the floor. It might've been the starting floor but it was the most beautiful floor as well.

A voice interrupted Shizuki's thoughts, "Hello there, I'm Ruri." Shizuki turned and faced the person who'd spoke, a kid not much younger than herself. She looked at the orange marker above the kid's hear with a bored expression. The other girl had a smile on her face, and had short blue hair compared to Shizuki's long black hair. Shizuki narrowed her emerald eyes at the girl. "Do you need something?"

"Do you need something" Ruri had heard from the girl who had seemed a little lonely. "Well, I wanted to talk to you and to keep you company, since you seemed a bit lonely..." The bluenette had explained as she looked forward again. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you." She spoke again hoping that it wasn't exactly the case. She wasn't sure where the long black haired female was heading but wherever she went, Ruri would want to protect her. A smile still kept on the friendly bluenette's face as she continued forward at the same pace as the long haired girl.

Shizuki kept her eyes narrowed at the girl, Ruri, she said her name was, before turning her head away. In truth, she wasn't sure if she was bothered or not. She hadn't been doing anything in particular. She had been bored, and maybe even a little lonely, though she'd never admit it. On the other hand, this girl had just showed up and stirred the silence,

"You're wearing some pretty high level gear, and you're an orange character. Are you a Player Killer?" She said with a mischievous grin.

"Yes, I'm a level 32 PKer." The girl had said hoping to not bother the girl even more then before. In all honesty sometimes she liked bloodshed, not with her friends or her though. If one of her friends were to be bleeding Ruri would save them, whatever it would take... "So where were you headed?" Ruri had asked the girl hoping that she had somewhere she actually wanted to go instead of just running in circles all day. She had never really heard the girls name but she was determined to get it out of her sooner or later.

"I... Actually, I have no clue. I just came back from finishing my first quest." She giggled, but stopped herself immediately. "I'm only level five." She said. She wasn't disturbed by the fact she was a PKer. She'd met two other guys who seemed pretty shady, and even then they didn't bother her. This girl seemed... Different, though. She was too cheerful. The other two were like herself, they seemed to prefer solitude. She could relate to them, or so she thought. But this girl... No, Ruri was much harder to compare herself too.

"Don't worry a bit it's very easy to level up in this game. I got to level 22, or something like it in the first month." Ruri grinned at the girl finding her starting to become more open to her. Even if she was that high level and a PKer didn't seem to bother her. Ruri was glad for once all that didn't matter to someone. As she heard that she was kind of not sure of what to do she grinned for a moment. "What do you want to do, Buy a weapon? Look at the pretty scenery? Stay in a quiet spot for a while?" She asked as she suddenly remembered that she hadn't known the girl's name. "Before we do anything else.." Ruri had turned to the girl now facing her again, "What's your name?" She asked as if the girls name was some sort of important thing to remember her by.

"Don't get me wrong. I don't need help. I was stating my level, not complaining about it." She said. She paused after Ruri's questions were asked. The other two players hadn't been interested in her name. It was true that most other players were unable to read her name, as it was in Japanese, though. "My name, in here atleast, is Shizuki." She said, turning away once again. "And I have no plans, currently. I don't know what I want to do."

"Hello Shizuki." Ruri had smiled at her hoping it was okay to call her by her Username. "If you like we could fight a bit, perhaps look out for one another." Ruri had said thinking it was a good idea to train before it god any darker. She knew that she could've looked up at her username but she didn't really like to, at times she had just wanted to be trusted by the players instead of looking up and seeing their usernames. "Is there anything you like to do in SAO?" She had asked the player not so sure if she had any hobbies yet...

"I just started. I haven't got much solo play done yet, and I really haven't finished any quests either. The quest I just got back from isn't finished yet, I'm just taking a break." She said. "I haven't started the quest to get a profession, either." Shizuki said, sighing.. "To be fair, I'd be done with two or three by now if I hadn't chosen a difficult, albeit smart, quest as my first one."

"Well if you need any help on a quest feel free to PM me. I'm up for spending more time with you." She grinned as she looked over to her once more hoping that she wasn't as bored as her now. Now as she kept walking she seemed to be getting a bit hungry. "Have you had anything to eat yet?" She had asked Shizuki. She was willing to pay for any food they might eat, yet there were so many amazing places to eat at you couldn't pick just one. "If not, would you like to go to a cafe or something to accompany me?" She asked her with a slight smile on her face.

Shizuki shook her head when asked if she'd eaten. "I have starting provisions, bread and water... It's all I've eaten." She looked away from Ruri. "Are... Are the restaurants in this game any good?" She asked, her face turning a little pink. In truth, the bread in Sword Art Online wasn't the best tasting. But another thought occurred to her. "Wait, why are you so eager to be with me? Do I know you? You aren't from my school-" She stopped. No, this girl couldn't have known her in the real world. She'd never had friends, not once. Then why was this girl so eager? Was she really just that friendly of a person? Shizuki found it rather odd.

"Yeah I guess they're pretty good, I also like to cook for myself though." Ruri grinned before finding what Shizuki said next a little weird. "Why wouldn't I want to spend time with you?" She spoke before blushing slightly at what she said, hoping that it didn't sound that weird. Now turning into a different path of the town she found a cafe that had smelled fairly amazing from outside, cookies, sandwiches, and most likely beverages as well. "<>" She had read aloud as she looked over to Shizuki with a grin on her face. "Would it be okay to eat here you think? And If so, I'm Buying!" She had spoke toward her new friend.

Shizuki blinked once, confused. "O...okay..." Was all she could manage. Man, this girl was weird! She wanted to spend time with her, even though Shizuki didn't know her. She's really nice, too. That'll take some getting used to. But the most important thing Shizuki kept asking herself was "Why?" Why did a random high level player come to her? Why is she being so friendly to her, even though she's a PKer? Was it because Shizuki herself would become a PKer in the future? No, she wouldn't know that. Shizuki sighed. "Fine, Ruri-san. I'll go with you." She said.

"Yay!" Ruri smiled before entering the Cafe and sitting at a table. As she ordered two cookies and two sandwiches, letting Shizu decide her drink as Ruri herself ordered a water. "I hope you enjoy the food!" She spoke cheerfully with a light crimson blush on her cheeks. She now awaited for Shizuki to order her drink before the order to get to them. She thought it was a little weird how two people with completely opposite personalities got along this well for some reason.

As the orders arrived she grinned grabbing a sandwich, cookie and a water from the tray that had arrived. "After this what else do you want to do?" She asked her as she smiled. Eating the cookie in a few bites and washing it down with a sip of Water. "Yummy..." She had commented on the food as she finished the cookie. The flavors of chocolate and cookie dough had been eaten, 'I wonder if she'll like it...' She said in her head as she turned to look toward Shizuki a smile still on her face.

Shizuki, too took a sandwich, water and her cookie. "Itadakimasu..." She said, before biting into it. Once her teeth sinked into the sandwich, she didn't pull away. She sat there frozen, completely unmoving for about fifteen seconds, then took three bites of the sandwich, swallowing, and taking three more, finishing it off. She sighed in relief when she finished it off, and took a drink of water.

"So what did you think?" Ruri asked softly before starting to eat her sandwich as well. She hoped she enjoyed her company and that she wasn't some random person that annoyed her. Sooner or later she had managed to eat her sandwich, lastly taking a sip of her water. "So, what do you want to do next?" She asked the girl with her blush starting to disappear as she grinned over to her.