[SHOP-F8] The Steel Dragon's Hoard

And last craft of the day... using his own material this time, he placed the Ingot down and began work upon it... "Please let this work... please let this work..." His prayers weren't answered as he had crafted another bland item... "Great... now he's going to come in today and ask where his weapon is, and I'm gonna have to either give him crap, or ask him to wait til tomorrow and he won't have to supply anymore materials..." He looked at his Mats list... "Crap... I'm gonna have to salvage the extra weapons I made today..."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... he had 5 items to Salvage today... guess working on Salvaging just before the Customer came in was a good thing to do as any while he waited... and if he got more materials out of it because of it, then all the better. He took a deep breath and began working on the Heavy Blades he had just made... number one. A successful salvage. One mat added back. It was good to be awesome.

Now for the second Salvage... he couldn't get cocky now... he had to focus... he took a deep breath... and hoped the item wasn't damaged badly enough to do much in the way of damage... he wanted this whole... and he was going to have it that way! ... okay, maybe TOO focused. He hit the blade a little too hard, and it shattered... "Great... ah well. Let's see about the rest of them, then..." He ressed out the other three items he had flopped on before in hopes of getting the lost materials back...

And the last one... his hammer came down upon it... and it didn't break. He continued, and got his material back! "Alright! Now that's what I'm talking about! This is the kind of crafting I wished would be in the real world!" He grinned at himself... oh, if his father could see him... getting all worked up over video game crafting... he laughed a bit as he thought of what his father would say... "This is not a blade! This is a mockery! A blade takes time to forge! Several weeks of hard work and dedication! If you don't take at least a week on a blade, it's not worth making!" His laughter died down as he took stock of his materials... 5 materials again. He had enough to go one more day, then he'd have to either find someone to buy materials from, or join a Material farming party... he didn't think he'd be in too much danger with the farming party... but he still wanted to try to make his blades better himself in the meantime. He checked his XP after all that... salvaging gave no experience. "Well, that's a jip..." He sighed... maybe there were items that gave XP for Salvaging... he'd have to find out someday... either way, that was his day. He then waited for the customer from yesterday to show up so he could give him the bad news...

I came into the store, The Steel Dragon's Hoard once more and found the owner. "Ah, it seems like a fine day today. Did you managed to craft me my wonderful sword?" I asked the owner, hoping to obtain my new sword from the owner. He didn't look as happy the day I met him. "I see.. If you need anything. Send me a message. My name is Echo." I said to the owner walking back out with the old weapon I had left.

Sotarou grimaced as Echo entered... "I'm sorry to say that I was unable to craft your blade this time around... but I will keep trying. I won't stop until I have completed your blade. And once it is complete, I will message you and you can come pick it up. I hope to have it ready for you tomorrow. Thank you for being patient with me, and I hope to satisfy you with the blade." He bows to the customer... not a good start, to be sure... first customer, and he'd already let them down...

"Alright, this time... this time... for sure..." His breathing slowed dramatically as he focused, pulling the Ingot out of the Smelter and hitting it with the hammer, which caused... another bad blade! He sighed heavily... this was not going well... well, at least these bad blades are giving him some XP... He tossed it aside with the other flop...

"Third time's the charm!" The look of determination on his face was clearly seen! He took a deep breath as he took the Ingot out and smacked it with the hammer again... harder. Much harder. His efforts weren't in vain, at least! He did it! The Heavy Single-Handed Blade was there... and it even had an enchantment on it! Pulling up the item's stats, his eyes went wide... "Wow... how he's gonna be able to wield this, I don't know... but damn if it doesn't have a powerful hit!" He set the blade aside to let it cool off while he contacted the commissioner.

ITEM: Heavy One-Handed Blade - Koiken

Description: This blade is meant to be wielded in one hand... but the enormous weight it has makes that task somewhat difficult... its name was even quite heavy, Koiken. Dense Blade.

Enchantments: -1 Accuracy, +2 DMG

I walked back into The Steel Dragon's Hoard , and saw the owner with a bright smile on his face. "How are you doing my fine Blacksmith." I said with a smile on my face. I walked over to the counter to see the sword he had made. I see he has finished the sword. "I'll be taking this." I said with a smile.

• 4 weeks later...

"First off, two items to salvage. If I get at least one, I don't have to go out for mass material farming today... if I fail both of these, I'm gonna have to go out to get some more mats... either way, it's going to be a pain..." He sighed and began work on salvaging the first item of the day... luckily, it went smoothly. "Alright... one down, one to go."

And Sotarou began work on the second Salvage item... but just as he'd thought he was in the clear, the item was destroyed... "Damn... oh well. I have 3 materials for working with. That's a good number in any case..." He took a deep breath. "Now the hard part... crafting the materials into usable weapons and equipment... primarily weapons..."

And with that, the first piece of material was the first on the block... time to go for a weapon! He put the Ingot into the forge, heated it to the critical temperature and began shaping it... then once it was shaped, he dunked it into a vat of heat-treating oil to quench it, then brought it to 550 Fahrenheit to temper it... as it was removed from the Forge, he let it air out to cool off... once it was finished, he examined his piece of work... it was definitely well-made... and it even looked pretty neat.

NEW ITEM GET! 3 XP

Uncommon

Thorn's Gambit

A particularly jagged-looking Katana, this thing looks to be quite brutal. But the thorns themselves are on the handle...

Enhancement: This Katana gives -2 Maximum HP while wielding it, but confers +2 damage.

"Alright, let's see if I can't keep this crafting train rolling..." Far be it for him to just say that out loud... because things usually go wrong when that happens... but that didn't happen, because his next item was even better! After treating it properly, he set it aside with the other crafted blade. "I think I'll keep this one..."

ITEM GET: 5 XP

Curved Blade - Lucky Straights

A Curved Blade that just makes you think you're the luckiest guy in the world!

Enhancement: +2 on Loot Die

"Let's hope I can get lucky with this last craft of the day..." And he did. It was Uncommon only, but it was still more XP than if he had made a flop. With that crafted, he looked at it. A Heavy Katana Blade this time... it also seemed to really love Blood... but it seemed REALLY powerful!

ITEM GET: 3 XP

Katana - Devil's Golden Blade

A deal was struck with the Devil himself, and in exchange for a part of your life, he gave you a golden Katana. The sucker was heavy, but it was also very powerful!

Enhancement: -2 HP while wielding this weapon, -1 Accuracy, +3 Damage