[SP-F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

One day as Mortambo was walking through Starting City he sees a doctor rushing into one of the houses. "Hmm, well that is interesting, maybe I should see what is going on," he thinks to himself as he crosses the street and heads inside the house. Inside he sees a lot of people standing around a small bed that has an obviously sick woman moaning. Her husband, young daughter, and son watch somberly as the doctor looks the patient over, and when he stands the little girl asks "Doctor, is my mommy going to be okay?" He smiles and nods, "Of course, dear." The doctor then looks up to see Mortambo standing in the doorway. "And here is the adventurer I called for, right on time, to get the medicine I need. Just let me talk to him outside."

((OOC: Loot Dice 19-20 or the required page length to find the rare spawn.))

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside the doctor's smile is wiped away and he begins soberly "Listen, I need some a very rare ingredient from the forest to make this medicine. I'm sure you were just walking by, but...please. She will die without it." Mortambo nods as the quest accept box appears before him and he quickly hits the Yes button. "Of course, I will help. I can't stand by when someone is in need," he says. The doctor nods and gives him a quick smile saying "Excellent. I need a <>. The creatures are relatively easy to find, but not all of them have the right kind of Ovule. You will be able to recognize it by the Nepent having a particularly large blossom on it's head." Mortambo nods at the doctor knowingly but thinks to himself "I don't know one flower from another! Thank you game system!"

"Well safe journey on your adventure..." the doctor trails off. "Mortambo" supplies Mort and the doctor "It's nice to meet you. I hope the reagent is fairly easy to find." The doctor shakes his hand and then heads back inside to see to his patient. Mortambo checks his gear and heads out of town to the forest to the northwest. Once he reaches the forest, he starts on the path that the doctor laid out for him, looking around warily for the Little Nepent's.

As Mortambo begins searching the area for the flower he needs, he trips over a log and stumbles into a plant nearly falling. "Luckily, this plant was here to catch my fall," he thinks, but then the plant rears back and swipes at him. "What the--" Mortambo exclaims as he dodges the vine. As he draws his sword and faces the plant he thinks "I didn't expect them to be alive!"

The vines writhe around in the air and the plant creature opens one of it's buds to reveal razor sharp teeth. "This must be the Little Nepent...I'd hate to see a big one!" Mortambo exclaims as he slashes at the vines. The vines dart and dance around trying to catch him but he manages to narrowly dodge them. Mortambo continues, "This quest might be a lot tougher than I expected!"

Combat Begins!

Mortambo (11/11)

Battle Dice: 3

Mortambo's slash at the vines misses!

Little Nepent (6/6)

Mortambo manages to dodge the vines as they lash out at him. The plant makes a hissing sound after it misses him. "Well this is going well," Mortambo thinks to himself. He takes another swing at the main body of the plant, hoping to get a solid hit in this time.

Battle Result: Hit! 2 damage!

Mortambo: 11/11

Mortambo's swing hits the plant solidly and causes it to bleed!

Little Nepent takes

Little Nepent: 4/6

The plant hisses angrily as Mortambo slashes on of the vines. Unfortunately, this time when it retaliates Mortambo is not quite fast enough to dodge the vines as they whip out and slash him across the face with thorns. Mortambo stumbles back in shock for a moment, and then takes a wild swing at the vine that hit him.

Battle Result: Missed!

Mortambo: 10/11

Mortambo's wild swing misses the mark!

The plant seems to calm down a little since Mortambo missed, and the vines don't come for him nearly as quickly. Mortambo easily dodges them this time, and takes a moment to catch his breath and refocus. "I can't just go in wildly swinging, that obviously doesn't work at all. Focus, and strike!" he thinks as he takes a calculated swing at the main body of the plant.

Battle Result: Missed!

Mortambo: 10/11

Mortambo's swing misses again!

The plant hisses angrily again its vines writhing in the air. One of the vines lashes out and wraps around Mortambo's hand, the thorns tearing into his flesh. Mortambo grunts and swings at the vine holding him, trying to get himself free. He thinks "If it grabs my legs I am done for!"

Battle Result: Critical Failure!

Mortambo: 7/11

The other vine easily bats Mortambo's sword away.

Little Nepent 4/6

The second vine swipes at his legs, but Mortambo manages to jump over it. The plant hisses angrily again. He struggles to free himself from the vine, and finally takes another swing at it. "Great it is tightening its grip. I need to get free of this soon!" he thinks to himself.

Mortambo: 7/11

Mortambo savagely slices through the vine, and the stump pulls back. The other vine writhes in the air and slashes him across the face. Mortambo stumbles back again, and steadies his stance. "Okay, let's try this one more time, a final blow and this will be done!" He focuses for a second and then does a two handed overhead strike on the main body of the Little Nepent.

Battle Result: Critical Strike! 4 damage!

Mortambo: 5/11

Mortambo's strike slices through the main body of the plant and does massive damage!

Little Nepent: -2/6

Loot Result: None

Mortambo puts his sword away as the plant explodes in a shower of blue shards and drops to the ground. "What a tough battle. I already need to rest. I guess I'm not as strong as I thought, whew," he says to himself. After a few minutes his out of combat healing kicks in and his health fills back up to full. He stands and says "All right, let's go find more of those Little Nepent's, I'm ready!"

Mortambo travels deeper into the forest, and finally encounters another Nepent. Ready this time for it actually being alive he takes a measured swing at it's body before it has time to get its vines up to protect itself. After he swings the plant hisses and tries to swipe at him with vines which he dodges easily. "Second times a charm, right? So good so far!" he thinks to himself.

Mortambo: 13/13

Little Nepent: 7/7