[SP-F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

As Mortambo dodges the vines, one of them manages to slash his arm. The plant hisses as it feels the contact with something solid and the vines speed up as they slash through the air at Mortambo. He focuses on waiting for the perfect moment to strike the center mass of the plant for a killing blow, and tries to perform the overhand strike that killed the last plant.

Battle Result: Miss!

Mortambo: 12/13

A vine shoots out and stops the overhand strike in midair grabbing at Mortambo's sword!

Little Nepent: 5/7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Mortambo struggles to get his sword free, the plants other vine savagely slashes at him, but he manages to dodge at the last moment. The plant hisses and he struggles with his sword, finally pulling it free. Mortambo quickly slashes at the vine that was holding it.

((Still using old gear until the end of this thread))

Battle Result: Critical hit! 3 damage!

Little Nepent: 5/7

The plant hisses angrily at Mortambo, and the vines whip out slashing him hard 3 times. "Wow, that really hurt!" Mort thinks as his health drops. He stumbles back but recovers quickly and dodges the rest of the whirling vines to strike again at the main body of the plant. As he raises his sword in another overhand strike he thinks "This is it!"

Mortambo: 9/13

Little Nepent: 2/7

"Or not..." Mortambo thinks as his strike misses the mark. The plant lets out another hiss and both vines come in to wrap around him, but he manages to narrowly leap back out of the way. "Damn, that was close, I've got to try something else," he thinks and rushes forward slashing at both vines as he pierces the main body with a forward thrust.

The vines try to wrap around him, but Mortambo just throws them off. He grunts as he parries the vines second round of attacks and stays within the plants reach. He slashes at the main body of the plant, trying to end this fight quickly. "It's you or me, now, Little Nepent. But I'm done giving up ground!" he exclaims.

Battle Result: Critical Hit! 4 damage!

Little Nepent: 2/6

Loot Result: 30 Col

Mortambo takes a deep breath after defeating this last Nepent. "This must be a pretty rare drop...I guess this could really take a while," he thinks. He gets a worried frown on his face and continues, "I just hope I can make it back in time to save that lady. I know she's just an NPC, but I can't help but be worried about it." He waits for his health to slowly refill and sets off to find another Little Nepent.

As he enters a clearing, he sees three of the plants scattered around. He tries to approach one and all three hiss and their vines shoot out towards him. He slashes the first set away and dodges the others thinking to himself "Great, what have I gotten myself into now?"

Battle Result: Critical Hit! 3 damage!

Mortambo: 13/13

Little Nepent: 4/7

Little Nepent: 7/7

Mortambo spins, parries, and dodges the vines almost dancing through the center of the clearing. He laughs uproariously, "Now this is a battle!" He thrusts into the second Little Nepents main body, and then spins away to parry another vine. "Every fight should be more like this!"

Mortambo: 13/13

Little Nepent: 4/7

Continuing his intricate dance with his blade, Mortambo slows for a moment and a vine slips through and slashes him across the arm. He stumbles and loses his focus, the whirling sword coming to a stop. The plants hiss angrily at him and the vines shoot out, and he manages to dodge them, slashing at the vines from the first Little Nepent again.

Battle Result: Hit! 2 damage!

Little Nepent: 3/7

Mortambo dodges and parries the vines away again, continuing the spinning dance, however much less joyous. The plants hiss angrily managing to slip through his defenses again and score a small slash to his leg. Finally Mortambo thrusts again at the first Nepent when he sees an opening then dodges the vines from the other Nepents and manages to get back to the edge of the clearing and out of immediate danger.

Mortambo: 11/13

Thinking he is safe, Mortambo slackens his guard for just a moment and the first and second Nepents wrap vines around his legs and drag him back into the middle of the clearing. The third Nepent gives him a gash across the chest as he struggles not to let it wrap around him as well. He savagely slashes at the vine from the First Nepent that is wrapped around his left leg!

Mortambo: 8/13

Little Nepent: 0/7

((Just realized I have been doing my damage all wrong this whole fight.))

Loot Result: 30 Col

"Yes!" Mortambo cries as the first Nepent explodes in a shower of blue sparks. The vine from the second Nepent tightens around his leg and he sees his health drop some more. He manages to fight off the other vines and tries to pull the one holding his leg off of him. When that attempt appears futile he takes a swipe at the vine trying to get it to release him.

Battle Result: Epic Failure! Mort's sword is grabbed by the second Nepent's other vine!

Mortambo: 7/13

Little Nepent (dead): 0/7