[SP-F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mortambo struggles with the vine to get his sword free. Finally, with a slash he manages it, just in time to parry the vines from the third Nepent. Both plants hiss angrily and the vines writhe menacingly. Mortambo slashes at the last vine holding his leg for the second time.

Battle Result: Miss!

Mortambo: 7/13

Little Nepent (dead): 0/7

Little Nepent: 7/7

The second Nepent hisses angrily and tightens its grip further on Mortambo's leg. He manages to parry the other three vines as he is still stuck on the ground, and makes another wild slash at the vine attached to his leg. "Come on, I need to strike true this time! I can't stay stuck on the ground much longer, or they will get through my defenses!" he thinks frantically his mind racing, "I can't die here!"

Battle Result: Critical Hit! 3 damage!

Mortambo: 6/13

Little Nepent: 4/7

Mortambo slashes the vine in two and leaps to his feet. The second Nepent rears back in pain, and the third presses the attack. Mortambo manages to parry one of the vines but the other scores a large gash on his leg. He spins around to face the second Nepent as it recovers, and dodges the one vine it has left hitting it's main body with a two handed overhead strike.

Battle Result: Hit! 2 damage!

Mortambo: 5/13

Little Nepent: 2/7

Mortambo immediately spins around and parries the two vines from the third Nepent, but suddenly he is shoved forward as the second Nepent scores a solid gash on his back. He grunts and spins slashing at the vine that hit him, and then spinning back to face the third Nepent. "C'mon, only you two left...I'm not sure how long I can hold out though," he thinks his mind racing trying to find a way to survive this.

Battle Result:

Mortambo: 4/13

Mortambo stumbles and cries out as all three vines slash at him from different directions, some how slipping past his blade. He falls to his knees as he watches his health drop to almost nothing. "No, not here, not now!" he thinks and surges to his feet and slashes again at the second Nepent. He stands his ground for the moment, and then staggers over to one of the trees and drags himself behind it.

Mortambo: 1/13

Safe for the moment, Mortambo activates his <> skill healing himself slowly. The Nepents hiss angrily and try and get him, but he is just out of their reach. He thinks frantically "I've never been so close to dying" but he stops and breathes deeply, "Focus, man. You'll make it out of this alive!"

Battle Healing Result:

1-5, 2 HP healed.

6-8, 3 HP healed.

9, Critical. 4 HP healed.

10, Massive Crit. 5 HP healed.

Mortambo takes a deep breath and rushes back into the clearing. The Nepents hiss an angry battle cry and the vines lash out at him savagely. He parries them easily, and strikes with a downward slash at the main body of the second Nepent. "Yes! I am back! I will win this!" he thinks enthusiastically.

Mortambo misses with his slash, and dances back as the vines zip in trying to get him. He parries all three of them, and performs a forward thrust into the Second Nepent knowing that it is already wounded. He spins to face the third Nepent parrying it's vines again, and thinking "I will not retreat anymore!"

Mortambo gets struck in the back again by the Second Nepent, but manages to keep his focus and parry the Third Nepent's two vines. Both plants hiss angrily and come for Mortambo again, and he slashes at the second Nepent's vine as it tried to wrap around his legs. As he ducks under the other two vines, he thinks "This is still a rough battle. Why can't I seem to end it!?! Focus, man, focus!"

Battle Result:

Mortambo's blade flashes through the air as he parries all of the vines again. He dodges a second attack, and slashes at the vines missing terribly. "Come on, already. Get it together. Focus!" he thinks as he leaps into the air and does a two handed downward strike into the body of the Second Nepent. He smiles as he lands, "I will win this!"

Battle Result: Hit! 2 damage!

Loot Result: 30 Col